First Time

Sixteen

"How long have you got left?" Denise asked as we sat in the back room while our boys played their concert.

"What is it? End of February?" I asked as I put my book done. "So I've got like 8 weeks left."

"Wow." Denise said, a laugh at the end of her sentence. "That has gone really quick." She commented. I nodded my head as both Danielle and Paul agreed with her.

"You're telling me." I replied, running a hand down my 32 week belly. "I remember when I found out, it only feels like yesterday I was peeing on a stick." Everyone laughed.

"Did you get to see the baby last week?" Paul asked Denise and Danielle. They both came to my check up last week as Joe couldn't make it.

"We did." Denise said, smiling at her daughter in law. "It was a sneaky scan, because Allie didn't need one. But we paid to have a look."

"How was it? Weird?" Frankie asked, all of a sudden interesting.

"Hey!" I said, flicking him on the nose, making him squeal. "Your niece isn't weird looking."

"Have you seen her parents?" He replied. My mouth dropped and I smacked him on the arm. "Ouch."

"That's what I thought." I muttered, smirking at him. He stuck his tongue out at me. "Go away." I said to the 13 year old.

"Because she is getting on position Frankie-" Denise started, but was interrupted by her youngest.

"What position?"

"With her head pointing down. So that she can come out properly." I replied, making his screw up his nose.

"It was pretty difficult to see her, but the doctor managed to show us real quick." Denise carried on, completely ignoring mine and Frankie's comments. "She is perfect size for how far along Allie is."

"I'm glad she is." Paul replied, sending me a smile. I rolled my eyes.

"I'm not." I muttered, flicking through the remaining pages I had left of my book. Everyone turned, looking at me confused. "I've got to get her out of my body."

"And on that note," Paul laughed to himself. "I'm going to have a look onstage."

"Yeah, me too." Frankie said, running after his dad. The 3 of us burst into laughter as we watched them leave.

"I think that concept makes them a little uneasy." Denise said, through her laughter.

"Are you kidding? It makes me uneasy." I replied, smiling at them. "Every time Joe brings it up, it makes me panic."

"Are you that worried?" Danielle asked, turning on the couch we were both on to fully look at me. I nodded my head, tossing my book onto the table and grabbing a bottle of water.

"Are you kidding? From the moment I found out I was pregnant, it's been on my mind constantly. I'm pretty tiny and Joe's tall. This baby is going to hurt on her way out."

"She is going to hurt you anyway." Denise said, smiling at me. "As much as you beg her not to."

"I'll just take it all out on Joe, only seems fair." I said, making them laugh again. "He will get his little girl in the end, so he can watch me scream and swear at him."

"You'll get your baby girl in the end too." Danielle said. I nodded my head.

"It's the best moment when she is out, it's like getting a thorn out of your foot." Me and Danielle both turned to Denise, looking rather confused.

"Did you really just compare childbirth to getting a thorn out of your foot?" I asked. Denise burst into giggles, shaking her head.

"I didn't mean it like that, I meant it like it's a good pain. Like finally all the pain is gone and something good replaces it." She said after she got over her giggles. I went to reply but mass of sound erupted from outside the room.

"Boys are finished then." Danielle shouted as they all ran into the room, shouting and cheering. All the noise make Sophie jump in my belly.

"It's okay baby." I said, rubbing my stomach. I felt her calm down and her kicks soften. Joe threw himself against the couch, giving me a sweating kiss. "Disgusting." I scrunched my nose up and he pressed another one against it. "How was the show?"

"Fantastic, great, wonderful." He sped through his words. I laughed at him as he threw his arm around my shoulder. "Last show tomorrow night." I nodded my head

"For a few months, yeah." I replied, smiling at him. "Are you sad about it?"

"A little." He smiled at me, sadly. "But it just means that Sophie is nearly here."

"Two months." I agreed, smiling at him. "We will have her in two months."

"We have waited so long for her." Joe replied, rubbing his hand across my stomach, getting a kick in reply. "All the things she has done for us, we owe her a lot. And she isn't even born yet." I leant up and pressed a kiss against his chin. "Thanks, I guess." I laughed and diverted my attention to the family before us.

"That was a killer show guys, probably the best yet. But tomorrow, we have got to knock everyone out of the park. Final show, we are going to give them what they paid for!" Paul said, in an encouraging way. They all cheered, making me and Danielle laugh. "Now back to the hotel for you all. Get some rest for tomorrow, because we are going to give them the time of their lives!"

"Come baby." Joe said, standing up and holding his hands out to me. I grabbed them and he pulled me off the couch. "You've gotten so big."

"Thanks." I mumbled sarcastically.

"I meant it in a nice way." Joe replied, wrapping an arm around my back to hug me sidewards as we walked out of the arena. "Like, pregnancy really suits you."

"I may look good pregnant, but I don't feel good." I replied, getting a kiss on the cheek off Joe. We climbed onto the bus with Nick and the three of us collapsed onto the couch. "Hey Nicky, how you doing?" I asked, resting my cheek against his shoulder.

"I can't wait for tomorrow to be over." He replied, yawning at the same time. "I love being on tour and stuff, but it really takes it out of me."

"You know it." Joe agreed, holding his fist out for Nick to bump. "What have you got planned for when we get back?"

"I'm going to chill for a bit." He informed us. "Relax, take it easy. Sophie is going to be here so we won't be doing much as a band so I don't need to worry about anything."

"That sounds perfect." I yawned, making both boys laugh.

"What about you two then?"

"Allie is on bedrest from when we get home after her little trip to the hospital." Joe laughed. "And I'll have to keep her company, I guess."

"Yes you will." I replied, pressing a kiss against his nose. Nick made a noise of disgust so I leant over and punched him in the arm. As he started to moan, we all heard his phone go off, indicating he had a text. I threw my head against Joe's shoulder as Nick wiggled to get his phone out.

"It's from Gabby." He breathed out. I sat up properly and looked at him. His eyebrows were narrowed together and he looked genuinely confused.

"And?" Joe asked. Nick looked away from his phone to the two of us. "What does it say?" I held onto Joe's hand, receiving a squeeze as I did. Both Joe and Nick knew that I wasn't a massive fan of Gabby at that moment.

"She wants to talk." Nick told us. "Properly. When I get back. She says she had time to think about it all and needs to talk to me."

"Oh." I replied, looking away from him. I could feel both boys looking at me but I ignored their stares.

"So are you?" Joe asked. I knew Nick's answer straight away.

"I think I will. See what she has to say for herself." I rolled my eyes. I knew Nick would go back to her after how they treated each other. He loved her, he always would go back. "Al?"

"What?" I replied, looking at Nick. He bit his lip and shook his head.

"Nothing, you just seemed out of it." He lied. I had heard him say something, I just didn't listen to what he had said. "We are here." He announced, standing up and walking to the door. Joe grabbed my bag for me and we followed him into the hotel. We caught up with the rest of the family in the lobby.

"We are going to head out for something to eat." Denise said, meaning everybody was going. "Do you want to come?" She asked me and Joe.

"I'm not feeling up for it." I told them. And I didn't. I didn't feel like getting dressed up and going out tonight. Joe looked down at me, confused. "I feel fat, my legs are swollen and I keep getting both heartburn and indigestion. I just want to climb into bed and watch films."

"I understand." Denise replied, patting my arm. I knew she did, she had 4 children of her own. "Relax, take it easy. Joe?" She turned and asked him. I wanted Joe to stay with me tonight, but I wasn't going to ask him to.

"I'm going to stay here too, keep an eye on Allie, incase something happens." Everybody made a noise of agreement and we all climbed into the elevator.

"Meet us downstairs in an hour." Paul shouted to the rest of the family as we got to our floor. "And don't be late!"

* * *

Me and Joe had both taken showers before the two of us climbed into bed. Joe grabbed hold of the remote and was flicking through the channels. "How you feeling babe?" He asked, not taking his eyes off the TV.

"Disgustingly pregnant." I replied, snuggling up to his arm. He decided on watching Space Jam before lifting his arm up for me to rest my head against his chest. "I'm glad you decided to stay with me."

"I could see that you needed me." Joe replied, pressing a kiss against my forehead. "Anyway, I didn't feel like smiling at cameras tonight."

"Me either." I replied, closing my eyes softly. "Joe, tomorrow's the last show." I stated.

"Yeah, I guess it is."

"Which means our girl is nearly here." I replied, opening my eyes and looking at him. He nodded his head, a gentle smile on his lips. "Are you as terrified as I am?"

"We are probably as equally terrified." He replied, chucking slightly. "But we will be fine. We have a whole support network around us; it's not like we are lacking babysitters."

"I guess not." I laughed and it fell silent between us.

"Allie?" Joe whispered, his cheek resting against the top of my head. I mumbled a noise informing him that I was listening. "Do you want more children?"

"Jesus Joe." I laughed. "We haven't had our first one yet!" Joe joined in with my laughter, rubbing my belly softly.

"You know what I mean." He replied, the laughter dying down between us. "After we have Sophie, do you want more?"

"Of course." I mumbled into his chest. "I grew up in a very big family and it's always something I wanted."

"Me too." Joe agreed, pressing a kiss to my head.

"And I want Sophie to have someone to play with. I mean me and my brother didn't always get along, but when we did, I loved it." I said.

"We can have a whole soccer team if you would like." Joe chuckled. "We can give them all 'S' names too. Sam, Sally, Simon-"

"Alright Joe." I put a stop to his silly game. "We aren't having a whole soccer team, I don't think my little body can take that."

"We can have a few more though, can't we?" It was cute that Joe actually asked me. "We need at least one of each. A girl and a boy."

"We need a matching pair." I laughed, nodding my head. "How long have you been thinking about this? More kids?"

"A few months."

"Since we got back together?" I asked, moving my body so that our faces were level. He shrugged his shoulders. "A little before we got back together?"

"The last couple of months." He replied, not actually answering my question. I wasn't going to push him about it though. "I dunno, I thought it might have been nice to think about a future with you."

"You have a future with me Joe." I leant forwards and pressed a kiss against his lips. "Don't worry about that."

"Marry me?" Joe asked, sending me into shock. I just stared at him for a few seconds before saying something.

"What?"

"Marry me." Joe said once more. I blinked, trying to process what he was saying.

"No." I replied, shaking my head. Joe suddenly deflated and the smile dropped off his lips.

"Oh." He whispered, moving further away from me. I grabbed hold of his arm, pulling him closer to me. He tried to pull away once more so I threw my legs over his and straddled his thighs. "Allie, get off." He tried to move me but I grabbed hold of his face, making him look at me.

"I'm sorry, that came out wrong." I told him. I could tell he wasn't very happy about it all. "I want to marry you, a lot, okay? It's just that we have rushed everything. We have skipped it all out. That first date, the first kiss, the first time being together. We jumped straight into having the baby. I'm not saying that I will never marry you, Joe." I told him, pressing my forehead against his. I felt one hand rest on my belly and the other at the bottom of my back. "I will marry you one day. Let's just take our time with the whole marriage thing. Let's have our little girl and then spend a while together, okay?"

"So one day you will be Mrs Joe Jonas?" He whispered, a smile on his lips. I nodded my head, pressing a quick kiss against his lips.

"It might not be tomorrow, or next month, but you will see me walking down the aisle towards you in that perfect dress."

"Promise me that one day, I can call you my wife?"

"I swear on our girl's life," I covered his hand that was on my belly with my own. "That I will marry you. Even if it is the last thing I do."

"Then your promise is all I really need then." He replied, pressing a brief kiss to my lips. I climbed off his lap and tucked myself between his legs, my back to his chest. He rested both hands on my belly and patted it softly, making me want to fall asleep. "We should buy a bigger house."

"What?" I replied, dozing slightly. "What's wrong with the one we have got?"

"It isn't going to be big enough in a few years, once we get married and have our soccer team." He joked. I rolled my eyes and watched the TV.

"When Sophie is older, yes, we can buy a new house-"

"We need one with a big enough backyard too." He announced. "The one we have got now is okay but what if she wants a treehouse. We need a yard with a big enough tree to make her a treehouse."

"What if she doesn't want a treehouse? And then we will have a massive tree that we won't use."

"I'll put a swing on it then." He replied. I could just see him grinning to himself. "That will be nice and romantic, wouldn't it?" He pressed a kiss to the back of my neck. "And anyway, the house we have now is only 3 bedrooms. We need one with at least 5."

"Why 5?" I replied, turning my head slightly to look at him. He pressed a kiss to my lips before replying.

"One for us. At least 2 baby rooms that can be made into kids rooms. Spare room for guests and then another room for when you get on my nerves and I throw you out of our room." I pinched Joe's thigh on return for the cheeky comment. "Ow! You know I was joking. The other room can be like a wardrobe for all of us."

"That sounds about right." I snuggled back into his chest, yawning slightly. "We need to sort out the hospital bag when we get back home." I felt the baby shift and I squirmed with her. "Okay, that wasn't comfortable."

"What is this?" Joe said, rubbing his hand against the underside of my belly. I laughed and moved so I was lying on the bed. I lifted my t-shirt up whilst Joe laid alongside me.

"That seems to be a head, Joe." I said as we both looked at the sticking out part of my belly. "That is really creepy."

"I've got to take a photo of this." Joe bounced off the bed to grab his phone. "Lie back."

"I am lying back." I replied, laughing at him. He rolled his eyes at me before moving so he was at the perfect angle to take the photo. "Are you okay there Joe?"

"Yup." He said, taking more photos of my belly. "I'd like a great photo of Sophie in mummy's belly."

"This isn't the most comfortable position." I mumbled, covering my face with my hands. "Can you stop?"

"One more." Joe collapsed on the bed next to me. I pulled my t-shirt down as Joe held his phone over our head.

"Really?" I asked, turning my head to look at him. "This is so cheesy. It's like we are teenagers again." Joe laid on his side, looking at me. "Just kiss me."

"Bossy, aren't you?" He mumbled before pressing his lips against mine. During our heated kiss, I saw a flash and Joe pulled away, laughing. "Had to." I giggled and shook my head. "Actually, it's quite a nice photo."

"What? Of my tongue in your mouth?" I grinned at Joe. He rolled his eyes before lying on his back. "Show me?"

"Nope." He replied, tucking his phone down his pants. I looked at him. "You're so sarcastic sometimes, Allie."

"But you love me so it's okay." I laughed at him. "Joey, show me."

"Joey? Really?" He rolled back towards me; his phone falling out the bottom of his pants. I grabbed hold of it and looked at the photo. "It is a nice photo of us making out."

"We could put it on the wall of Sophie's room." I punched Joe in the arm.

"Don't be stupid. Why would I put a picture of us making out in our daughter's room?"

"It shows our love for each other to her."

"Seriously, Joe?" I moved so I was sitting up against the headboard. "If that picture goes up in the room, you won't be having any more children with me."

"Ouch." He replied, moving so that he was right next to my belly. "Sorry Sophie, you aren't getting the brother you wanted."
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey guys! Another update for you :)
Let me know your thoughts on a sequel, I've got it all planned, I just need to know if you'd like one!
Next chapter: Last day of tour!
xoxoxo