First Time

Nineteen

I woke up to the sound of the hotel phone ringing. I heard Joe groan as I rolled over and answered it. "Hello?" I grumbled into the phone. Joe pressed his face against my back, nuzzling against it.

"It's Dani." She told me. I opened my eyes a little more. "Can you come?"

"I'll be there in 2 seconds." I replied, throwing the phone onto the cradle. I jumped out of bed, hitting Joe in the face at the same time.

"Ouch." He murmured, rubbing his nose.

"Sorry babe." I mumbled as I slid a pair of socks on. I couldn't be bothered to get changed, so my pyjamas would do. "Go back to sleep. It's only 6:30am." I whispered, pressing a kiss against his forehead. He grumbled and rolled onto his back, almost falling asleep straight away. I grabbed my phone and the door card and made my way to Danielle and Kevin's room. I knocked on the door, stifling a yawn. "Hi." I said when Kevin opened it, looking a little worse for wear.

"Hi." He whispered, letting me in. I looked around with no sight of Danielle. I turned back to Kevin, confused. "She is on the bathroom floor." I nodded my head and made my way into the bathroom.

"How you doing sweetie?" I asked, as I sat on the side of the bath. She was gripping onto the toilet, looking a bit rough.

"Don't." She muttered. I smiled at her. "Sorry, did I wake you up?"

"Only a little." I laughed. She smiled as much as she could at me.

"Kevin was being useless." She said, as I brushed her hair out of her face. "He is hungover, so he isn't any good to me."

"Do you think you are done?" I nodded towards the toilet. She shook her head before proving me wrong. I screwed my nose up; I was glad I wasn't that sick at the start of my pregnancy. "I'm going to sort out him and then I'll be back." I walked out of the bathroom to see Kevin falling asleep on the couch. I poked him and he opened one eye to look at me. "Here." I handed him my door card. "Go and sleep in our room. You don't want to be here and I think Dani doesn't want you here."

"She hasn't been this bad." He said, standing up a little wobbly. I held onto him as he got his balance back. "Too much alcohol." He groaned.

"Serves you right." I said as he made his way out of the room. I walked into the kitchen area and grabbed a bottle of water. As I made my way back into the toilet, I saw Danielle standing up. "Drink this." I handed her the bottle.

"I hate this." She pouted as she did as I said. I followed her into the lounge as she laid on the couch. I sat on the chair opposite her and smiled. "Where's Kevin?"

"I sent him to sleep in our room. He wasn't helping much around here." I replied. She nodded her head and took a sip of her water. "How you feeling now?"

"A little better." She replied, sighing. I smiled at her.

"Feeling up to eating something?" She sat quietly while debating whether she could. With a nod of her head, I stood up. "Dry toast?" I offered.

"Yeah, that sounds okay." She replied, her voice muffled from the cushion she has over her head. I grabbed a slice of bread that the two of them must have brought for the room. I slipped it into the toaster and waited. "So what happened with Nick then?"

"Gabby." I replied, sticking my head around the door. "They started to text again and he was a little bit upset about it."

"Texting?" Danielle asked, sitting up. I nodded my head. "Like generally?"

"Yeah, I guess." I replied, shrugging my shoulders. "He was sad because he wants things back to normal and he doesn't think it's going to happen."

"I guess that is sad." She pouted. "Have they talked about what happened?"

"No. Which is stupid, I think." Danielle nodded her head, agreeing with me. "If they talk it over, they might be able to understand what happened a little more." The toast popped out and I grabbed hold of it, putting it on a plate and cutting it in half. I walked back into the lounge and sat next to her.

"The two of them need to talk." She agreed with me as I handed her toast. "I've been with Kevin nearly 7 years and I've never seen Nick so heartbroken as he was when he broke up with Gabby."

"I know."

"And you." She pointed at me before taking a mouthful. "You were a mean little bitch."

"Hey!" I said, kicking her foot with my own. She laughed. "I was doing it for my best friend."

"You made the poor girl cry!" Danielle laughed, shaking her head. "How did that happen?"

"I might have said exactly the same thing to her that she did when I walked away from Joe." I bit my lip as Danielle's mouth dropped open.

"Ouch." She said, squinting at me. "That was mean."

"I needed her to know how much this was going to hurt him. And I was so angry at her because she knew she was doing exactly the same thing to Nick as I did to Joe, and everybody saw how much that nearly killed the two of us."

"No, that's fair enough I guess." She said, finishing her toast. "She was there when you did that to Joe. She must have known how much it was going to hurt him."

"Not just him. Her too." I replied, placing my hands on my stomach. "It nearly killed me leaving him."

"I wouldn't be able to do what either you two done. I wouldn't have the strength."

"I felt so hopeless and so guilty about leaving him. I never should have done it. And Joe knows that if I could have done it all again, I would have stayed. I think that's what Nick needs. Just to know that it was all a mistake." I replied. Danielle nodded her head and sighed.

"Do you think that he is going to see Gabby when we get home?" I nodded my head. "And are you?"

"I dunno." I replied, scratching my head. "I think I'm going to let Nick sort it all out first and then I'll go from there."

"Sounds fair." She nodded. There was a knock on the door, leading me and Danielle to look at each other. I stood up and opened the door.

"Hello girlfriend." Joe said, leaning in the doorway. I smiled at his pyjamas clad body. "Where did you sneak off to?"

"Where do you think?" I asked, grinning at him.

"Well, seeing as I woke up to see Kevin asleep on the couch in the lounge, I assumed that you were here." I laughed, a yawn slipping out of my lips. "Oh dear."

"It's for a good cause." I replied, smiling at him. He nodded his head, giving me a questioning look at the same time. "It's nothing. Just girly problems." He screwed his nose up before pressing a kiss against my forehead. "It's only 7am. Why don't you go back to bed?"

"Kevin's snoring is what woke me. I don't think I'll be able to sleep again." He pouted. I smiled at him. "I'm going to finish packing and then grab a shower."

"Alright babe." I replied, leaning up to press a kiss against his lips. "I'm going to sort out Dani and then I'll be back. Send Kevin back whenever you want."

"Sure." He pressed a kiss against my lips before walking off. I shut the door and then walked into the lounge again.

"Joe?" Danielle asked, gripping her water bottle. I nodded my head.

"Why don't you jump in the shower? I'll pick you out some clothes." I smiled at her. She nodded her head and pressed a kiss against my forehead. I watched her walk into the bathroom before I wandered into the bedroom. I opened her wardrobe and see a few outfits. Clearly she hadn't made her mind up about what she was wearing.

I pulled out a pair of skinny jeans, still pissed off that she was pregnant and still could for into them. I placed them nicely on the bed before grabbing a cream blouse. It would suit her and make her feel comfortable after throwing up all morning. I placed it on the bed, alongside the jeans. I also grabbed a pair of shoes, leaving the high heels. Nobody wants to wear heels after spending hours on the bathroom floor. As I started to go through her make-up bag, she walked out of the bathroom, looking better than she did when she was going in.

"You look better." I pointed out. She nodded her head, hiding a yawn behind her hand. I smiled at her. "Now you know how I feel. What time did you get in this morning?"

"About half 4." She said with another yawn. "Which means I had about 2 hours sleep."

"Well, I've only had 3 and a half, seeing as we got in at 3am." I replied, yawning. Danielle nodded her head. "We can sleep on the plane."

"Oh god, that sounds good." Danielle looked down at her outfit. "Thanks by the way."

"Don't wear heels, you'll be uncomfortable enough." I said, before pressing a kiss against her cheek. "I'll leave you now, call me."

"Thanks Allie. I really wouldn't know what to do without you." I grinned at her before grabbing my phone and leaving the room. I knocked on the door to our room and Kevin answered, smiling softly

"How is she?" He asked, rubbing his eyes. I tossed my phone onto the table.

"She has stopped throwing up and had a shower. I'd get over there and grovel my heart out if I were you." I smiled at him. He nodded his head and left the room. I walked around, trying to find Joe. I saw our packed suitcases on the bed, so I assumed he was in the shower. I grinned to myself as I opened the door to the bathroom as quietly as I could. I listened to Joe humming to himself as I took my pyjamas off. I pulled back the curtain of the shower, scaring Joe.

"Jesus Allie." He said, clutching his heart. "I could have slipped and died." It took him a second to notice that I wasn't wearing any clothes. "Are you joining me?" He smirked. I climbed in, wrapping my arms around his waist; resting my chest against his back.

"Sharing is caring."

* * *

As I dragged myself through the airport, I felt the lack of sleep catching up with me. "Come on, Allie." Joe called as he dragged me through. I groaned, making Joe stop. "What's wrong?"

"I'm tired, my feet are swollen and I'm 8 weeks away from giving birth. I'm not too happy." I replied, pouting softly. He smiled at me, pressing a kiss to my forehead. "I just want to go home." I felt the tears welling up in my eyes. Joe grabbed hold of my shoulders, pulling me into his chest.

"Hey." He whispered whilst rubbing circles into my back. I clung onto his t-shirt, feeling the need to be close to him. "Where has this come from?" I shrugged my shoulders.

"I don't know." I replied, sniffing to myself. "I think I'm just tired." Joe nodded his head before pressing a kiss against my lips. "Let's go and catch up with the family. They are probably wondering where we are."

"Let's go." Joe grabbed my bag from me and then entwined my fingers with his. "Silly Danielle and her women's problems. You wouldn't be so weepy if it wasn't for her."

"Leave her alone." I replied as we walked through the airport, a security guard just walking ahead of us, leading the way. "She's been there when I needed her, I was just paying the favour back."

"Okay." He replied, grinning at me. "Can you believe we are only 8 weeks away from having our baby?"

"Seems so close. Too close." Joe screwed his nose up in confusion. "It feels like we have so much left to do. Like sort out the hospital, and go to all of these classes. And then sort out the nursery. I know most of it is done, but we have to wash the clothes and make sure they are ready."

"We are prepared, Allie. Don't worry about it." He said, giving my hand a squeeze.

"I can't help it. And with me stuck on bloody bed rest, I feel pretty useless." Joe stopped me outside the plane. I could hear the mumble of the family waiting for us inside.

"You won't be useless." He said, smiling softly at me. He raised one hand to cup my face, the other on my stomach. "You are making sure that our baby comes out as healthy as possible. Being on bed rest means that there is a lower chance of her coming early. So your place is to lie on that bed and make sure that our little lady stays inside there until she is ready to come out." I smiled at Joe. He always knew exactly what to say when I needed lifting up.

"I love you." I smiled at him. He nodded his head, pressing his lips against mine. It was a feeling that I never thought I'd get used to.

"Good. Because whether you like it or not, we are having a baby!" I rolled my eyes at Joe before walking onto the plane. "Allie." Joe sang, following me. I threw myself down in the chair, opposite a cuddling and sleeping Danielle and Kevin. "Allie baby." Joe sat in the chair next to me. "I know I'm a pain, but you're having my baby. You will have to deal with me forever."

"I regret falling in love with you." I replied, turning to him and smiling. He held his hand over his heart. I could see Kevin smirking as he pretended to be asleep. "Seriously, I could be happily married to a guy who doesn't act like a 5 year old." He turned away from me, pouting to himself.

"Fine then. Go and find someone better." I rolled my eyes at his childishness. I was clearly joking with him but he was taking it too seriously. I sighed, taking my phone out of my bag. I read over the text from my mom, wishing us a safe flight and for me to let her know we landed, before I turned it off. I tossed it back into my bag before looking at Joe.

"Are you going to talk to me this flight?" I ran my hands through my hair as I waited for an answer. When it didn't come, I got really angry. "Fine, you child. Learn to take a joke." I stood up and walked over to Nick, sitting in the empty chair beside him.

"You look like thunder." He said, taking his earphones out and looking at me. I rolled my eyes before sighing. "Joe?"

"He is acting like a spoilt child." I hissed, trying to be as quiet as I can. Although, I didn't care if he did hear anyway, he needed to know he was being childish. "I make a joke and he takes it to heart. He is being way too sensitive."

"He is tired too." Nick replied, shrugging his shoulders. "Let him get over it and come to you." I rested my head against Nick's shoulder.

"Mmm...you're comfy." I told him, yawning to end the sentence. I felt Nick laugh.

"Sleep, Allie." He said and I closed my eyes. "I'll wake you up when we are about to take off. You can go back to sitting next to grumpy."

"Nope." I replied, opening my eyes and sitting up. "I'm staying here. I am not going near him today. Especially if he is going to be in that crappy, 'I'm not talking to Allie' mood. I've been relatively happy and he just puts me in a bad mood."

"Wow." Nick said, staring at me with wide eyes. "He has really pissed you off." I nodded my head.

"His mood just changed. We were fine before we got onto the plane. I don't know what is wrong with him." Nick shrugged his shoulders. "Anyway." I said, brushing it all off. "Heard anything else from Gabby?"

"Yeah." He breathed out before looking around. Everyone was either asleep, like Frankie, Kevin and Danielle, or talking, like Denise, Paul and Joe. "I'm meeting with her tomorrow. In fact, she is coming to mine. We are planning on chilling out and just having a good time." I nodded my head, smiling at her. "I know you don't want much to do with her, Al. But I still love her, okay?"

"If you're happy, Nick, so am I." He laughed, tossing his head back. I grinned at him as he pressed a kiss against my cheek. "Just do what is best for the both of you. I'm a big girl, I can deal with whatever is being thrown at me."

"Clearly." He said, looking down at my stomach. I rolled my eyes, punching him in the arm at the same time. "So who do you think she is going to come out looking like?"

"She is going to have his hair." I threw my thumb over my shoulder, indicating Joe. "She is going to have typical Jonas hair. Curly and dark."

"You think so?" Denise asked, leaving her conversation to join ours. I turned slightly, seeing Joe staring at me. I ignored it and carried on talking.

"Defiantly." I replied with a nod of the head. "It's clearly a strong gene!" I lifted my hand to ruffle Nick's hair. He batted my hands away, making me laugh. "She is going to be just like Joe."

"Let's hope not." Nick said, making me smile at him. I heard Joe sigh but I didn't pay any attention to him. If he wanted to talk to me, he should get up and come over. "Poor kid."

"Shut up." I shoved my elbow into his ribs. He laughed softly to himself. "He is pissed off enough, I don't need him even worse."

"Sorry." He pouted at me. I rolled my eyes at him. "I forgot you have to go home with him after this flight."

"Don't remind me." I groaned, making Nick laugh. "Oh great, now I've got a moving baby." I could feel her rolling around in my stomach. It was a horrible feeling.

"Let's have a feel." Nick asked, holding his hand out to me. I grabbed it and moved his hand to the top of my stomach.

"Now that," I said as his hand landed on something sticking out. "Is either a knee or an elbow. I can't quite decide."

"How weird is that?" Nick said in astonishment. "It feels so weird."

"Imagine how weird it feels with her being inside me." Nick nodded his head before there was a loud noise. I spun around to see Kevin and Danielle looking at each other. I narrowed my eyebrows as Paul and Denise were laughing. "Did we miss something?"

"Kevin." Denise said between laughter. "Snoring." Even Joe couldn't keep a straight face. I laughed, covering my mouth.

"Thanks for waking me up." Danielle grumbled and climbed off Kevin's lap. I shook my head, laughing before looking back at Nick.

"I'm glad you are awake now anyway." Paul said, his loud voice breaking the laughter. "We were about to take off anyway." Nick looked at me, raising his eyebrows at me. I shook my head.

"You were moaning about not spending time with me." I grinned at him.

"No, the only reason you are sitting here is because you've had a fight with your boyfriend." I glared at him. "But I'd take any time I can with you Allie." He said sarcastically.

"Aww, how nice." I replied, grinning at him. He rolled his eyes at me as I clipped my seatbelt together.

"Hold on." Danielle said, getting my attention. I looked over my shoulder to see her glancing between me and Joe. "Have we missed something?"

"Ask him." I replied, sending a sarcastic smile to both her and Joe before turning around. Nick looked at me with his mouth wide open. "What?"

"You are just something else, aren't you?" He stared at me as I nodded my head. "Oh Allie."

"Look, if he wants to play this game, he can. But I'm giving as good as I get."

"It isn't a competition, Allie." Nick said.

"No, it's Joe being childish and pathetic."

* * *

We were 1hour and 30minutes into our flight and it was already too much. I groaned, throwing my head back against the headrest. Nick was fast asleep, along with everyone else. I climbed out of my chair and went to the toilet. I did my business, but when I came out, I was faced with Joe. We both stood awkwardly in the gangway. "Allie." He said, looking guilty. I walked past him and sat in my seat. "I want to talk to you."

"Fine." I replied, looking at him. He walked over to me and knelt down, holding himself up with the grip his hands had on my knees. "What?"

"Sorry." He said, looking sheepish. "I don't know what came over me. I just got really annoyed at you."

"Clearly." I muttered, making Joe roll his eyes.

"I'm trying to apologise and you are just brushing me away." He said, standing up. "If you are going to be like that, I'm going." He went to walk away but I grabbed hold of his hand.

"No." I replied, pulling him to me. He sat in front of me and sighed. "Sorry. Carry on."

"I'm just tired and overwhelmed. I just want to be at home with you now. All this travelling is making me anxious." I nodded my head. I understood where he was coming from. Tour was great and everything, but I just wanted to get home.

"I miss the nursery." I blurted out. Joe chuckled, shaking his head at me. "I just miss looking at her tiny clothes and where she is going to be sleeping."

"Nesting." We heard a murmur. Joe stood up as I turned around, seeing a sleeping Denise smiling at the both of us. "You are nesting. Which means you are ready for this baby."

"I feel so unprepared about it." I replied, standing up and sitting in the seat opposite her. "Like the hospital. I could go into labour any day and I'm not signed up for the hospital I want. I don't want to be having a baby in the back of Joe's car."

"Neither do I." Joe pouted, sitting in the chair next to me. "I love my car."

"I haven't even packed my bag yet. That's one of the first things I've gotta do when I get back." Joe pressed a kiss to my temple.

"You'll do it all in a week and then you won't know what to do with yourself." Denise laughed, smiling at me. "Especially seeing as you're on bed rest."

"Don't remind me." I groaned, throwing my head back. "It's something I am dreading. How am I going to be stuck in that house for nearly 8 weeks?"

"It's the best thing for her." Denise said.

"The worse part about the bed rest is that I know that I'm not going to be doing much after she is born. So I'll be stuck in that house even more!" I complained, making Denise and Joe laugh.

"You can always bring her to her grandparents. I'm sure they will look after her if her parents want some time together." I flashed my teeth at Denise.

"It's not like we are lacking babysitters." I nudged Joe, who grinned at me. "What do you want to be called?"

"What do you mean?" Denise asked with a tilt of the head. "What she is going to call us?" I nodded my head. "I've spoken to your mom about this. I'm going to be Nana and your mom is going to be Grandma."

"What about our dads? Do you know about them?" Joe asked, entwining our fingers together.

"Your dad, Allie, is going to be Grandpa and Paul is going to be Papa." I smiled.

"It actually suits you all. I can see you two as Nana and Papa." Joe said, grinning to himself.

"What about you two? What is she going to call you?"

"Joseph and Aleah." Joe joked. I rolled my eyes. "I quite like Momma and Dadda."

"When she is older, it will just be Mom and Dad." I told Joe, making him pout once more. "She can't be treated like a baby forever Joe."

"She will always be my baby." He rubbed my stomach, smiling to himself. "Anyway, by the time she is able to talk properly, we will have another baby."

"Oh will we?" I asked, turning to look at him. He nodded his head, making me hit him in the arm. "We have another when I decide." Joe pouted, making me and Denise laugh.

"Are you two planning on getting married?" Denise asked. This question didn't throw me off, I knew that Denise and Paul weren't big on children outside wedlock. I looked at Joe.

"At some point, yeah hopefully." I replied, smiling. Denise grinned at the both of us. "It's not going to be anytime soon. Maybe in a few years. Right now, we are going to concentrate on the three of us."

"It'd be nice if the two of you got married, after everything that happened." Denise said. I nodded my head as Joe gave our fingers a squeeze. I turned to him, smiling. "Ever since you two started dating all those years ago," I laughed. It seemed like forever since me and Joe started dating nearly 3 years ago. "We all knew that you two were right for each other."

"If you knew we were so right together, why did you nearly let me marry Rose?" I tensed at her name. Even after all this time, I felt guilty and horrid about it all.

"Because Joseph," Denise started, her voice stern. "We had no right to intervene in your life. You wanted to marry her, so we let you."

"Oh." He replied, making me smile softly. Joe knew how I felt about the whole Rose thing so he barely spoke about it. I looked over at Kevin and Danielle and just caught her waking up.

"Hi." I smiled at her. She waved, hiding a yawn behind her mouth. "How you feeling?"

"Better." She replied, snuggling into Kevin who just moved himself around her in his sleep. "Thanks."

"I heard that you weren't very well this morning. What do you think it was?" I looked at Danielle, I could see the clogs going in her head to work out some excuse.

"I'm not sure." She replied, scratching her head. "Some dodgy food probably."

"Or you're pregnant." Joe mumbled, making me turn to look at him. He narrowed his eyebrows at me before Danielle spoke.

"Not that I know of. Although, my chicken did taste funny last night. So it's probably that." I nodded my head, winking at her subtly.

"Nature calls." Denise announced, before climbing out of her chair and walking towards the bathroom. When we heard the door shut, Joe almost jumped onto Danielle.

"You're pregnant." It wasn't a question for Danielle, it was more of a statement. Danielle nodded her head, smiling at him. "Congratulations!" He basically shouted, earning a kick from me and a slap from Danielle. "Sorry. Come here." Joe forgot about Kevin being attached to Danielle so when he hugged her, he hugged them both.

"Get off me Joe!" Kevin said, waking up from his sleep. I burst into laughter as the two brothers started to hit each other.

"Okay you two, stop it." I announced after watching them for a few seconds. "Joe, sit down."

"Congratulations Kev." He said, hugging him. Kevin rolled his eye but hugged his brother anyway.

"Did you tell him?" Kevin asked, looking at me. I grinned but shook my head anyway. "Did you?" He asked Danielle, who shook her head.

"I do have a pregnant girlfriend." Joe announced as he sat next to me. "I worked it out."

"Don't go announcing it to everyone, Joe." Kevin warned him. Joe rolled his eyes to me. "Seriously Joe. We are telling everyone next week so just hold on."

"Hold on to what?" Denise asked, walking towards us. I shared a look with Danielle, wondering what excuse the boys will make up.

"Joe was bugging about throwing Allie a baby shower?" Kevin replied, sounding really confused. Denise sat down in front of us and looked at Kevin and then Joe.

"It was going to be a surprise." Denise pouted. I could see where the boys got their pouts from. "I was going to talk to Danielle and your mum about it."

"It's fine." I laughed, patting her hand. "I don't need one."

"You do! Every expectant mother deserves one." Denise said, quite loudly. Paul woke up with a start, looking at all of us. "Sorry." She apologised. We all grinned at the both of them. "Anyway, you deserve one!"

"Fine." I gave in. "I'll pretend I never heard this conversation and you can throw me one. A surprise one."

"Yay!" Denise cheered.

* * *

I'd fallen asleep in the car on the way back from the airport. I hadn't slept on the plane so I was dead on my feet. "Allie." Joe shook my arm to wake me. "C'mon baby." I opened my eyes to see Joe smiling at me. He helped me out of the car and grabbed the bags out of the trunk. We waved to the driver before he shot off.

"We are home." I breathed. Joe pressed a kiss against my temple before the both of us grabbed our bags. We walked towards the front door. Joe grabbed his keys out of his bag and opened the door. "You don't know how excited I am to be home." I tossed the bags at the bottom of the stairs and walked into the lounge. I threw myself onto the couch, breathing in. "This feels so good."

"Budge up." Joe said, tapping my shoulder. I moved over so that Joe could sit down. I threw my legs over his lap and tucked my head into his neck. "How are you feeling?"

"Tired." I replied with a kiss to his collar bone. "But happy to be home."

"Quite right." He replied, pressing a kiss to my forehead. I snuggled closer to him, grabbing a handful of his t-shirt. "It's all seems real now, doesn't it? With our baby coming any day now. It's the best thing that could have ever happened."
♠ ♠ ♠
Next chapter: An unsuspecting and unwanted guest arrives.