First Time

Twenty three.

I woke up the next morning, feeling happy. Joe was lying next to me, propped up on one elbow, smiling. "Hi." I whispered. He didn't say anything back; he just leant down and pressed a kiss against my lips. I grinned into it, feeling like the most luckiest girl in the world. Even after I left and Joe lied, we still ended up together.

"It's so good to have you back in my bed." Joe whispered as he pulled away. "Although, I don't miss your fidgeting."

"Yes you have." I grinned at him. He rolled his eyes and pressed a kiss to my forehead.

"You've gotta get up and get in the shower." I screwed my nose up at him.

"Can't we just stay in bed? I'm meant to be on bed rest anyway." I pouted. Joe laughed and climbed out of bed, pulling the duvet off me. I grumbled but sat up anyway. "I can't wait for her to come. At least I'll be more comfortable."

"Get showered." Joe said, pointing at me as he walked into the wardrobe we shared. My mom bought over my stuff last night. My clothes sat happily back where they belonged and our hospital bags sat at the bottom of the stairs. "I've got a surprise for you."

"Have you?" I grinned at him, throwing my legs over the side of the bed. "And what is this surprise?"

"It wouldn't be a surprise if I told you." He walked back into the room, grinning at me in return. "So get in that shower and then you'll find out." I struggled to climb off the bed. When I finally managed to, I grabbed a towel on the way in.

I cracked the shower on, making sure the water wasn't too hot. I took my clothes off and walked in. It felt good being back home. I realised that I missed everything about it. Joe, the couch, my bed, the shower and the nursery. Normal things that I took for granted, I now realised that I couldn't live without. I quickly washed my hair and myself, shaving the necessary bits that I could actually reach. I got out and wrapped the towel around me.

"So this surprise." I shouted, walking back into the bedroom. "What is it about?" I heard nothing in return. I narrowed my eyebrows as I saw a pink dress lying on the bed, a sticky note next to it. It read:

Allie,
Wear this dress. Danielle will pick you up at 11:30am. Leave your hair curly.
I love you,
Joe.

I smiled to myself. He was so cute. I walked over to the mirror, sticking the note to it. I looked over at our alarm clock, seeing that it was already 11am. I panicked slightly and started to dry my hair. I put minimal product in it, hoping that it wouldn't make the curls go straight. I slid on my horrible maternity underwear, silently cheering as I wouldn't have to wear it much longer.

"Oh you clever boy." I whispered as I picked up the dress. I didn't notice when I first looked at it, that the colour of the dress matched the colour of the nursery. I grinned to myself and slid it over my head. It sat perfectly, showing off my bump.

"Allie!" I heard the door open. I glanced over at the clock, reading 11:20am. "Where are you?"

"You're early!" I shouted back to her. I rushed around, tipping out my makeup bag. I heard the bedroom door open and saw Danielle standing there. "Hi. I've just gotta do my makeup."

"Sit down." She said, pointing to the stool in the corner of the room. I waddled over and sat down on it, glad that the pressure was off my feet. "I'll do it." She grabbed the makeup she wanted and dumped it onto the table.

"Do you know what this surprise is?" I asked, closing my eyes as she rubbed foundation onto my skin.

"Of course I do." She replied, making me pout. I heard her laugh. "I'm the one who helped him set it up."

"So it's something that needs setting up." I mused, looking at her with one eye open.

"You'll never guess it." She sang, leading me to sigh. "But he has done a good job with it. You're going to love it."

"I hope so." I replied, smiling and opening my eyes as Danielle handled the eyewear. "Although, it is Joe, so whatever it is, I know it will make me happy."

"God, you would never believe that a few days ago you and him were fighting." She muttered, earning a slap to her leg. "Ouch. Careful, I'm pregnant."

"So am I. I am very pregnant. So be nice to be, the shock of your meanness might lead me into labour." She stuck her tongue out at me. "How's that going for you? Pregnancy. You're 10 weeks right?"

"Just under actually. Me and Kevin went for our scan, it is due in October. Just after his birthday." I grinned at her.

"I bet he is happy." I said, puckering up my lips so she could put on lipgloss.

"Of course he is. He is gushing over the fact it might be born on his birthday. I don't think it will." I nodded my head, understanding. "How about with you? How's your last days as a pregnant woman?"

"Scary as hell. I'm just happy to get her out of me as soon as possible. Being pregnant is great. Feeling pregnant, not so much." I complained.

"Oh I know." She replied, putting the finishing touches to my hair and face. "At least you weren't as sick as I am."

"So you're still being sick?" I asked her.

"Not so much." She shrugged her shoulders. "But still more than you. What do you think?" She asked, moving so I could see myself. I grinned, she had clipped back bits of my hair and made my makeup simple, but elegant.

"Perfect. As normal." I hugged her. "Hey." I looked down at her shirt. I narrowed my eyebrows at the pink fabric. "Isn't that my shirt?" I pinched the material at her shoulder, letting it fall back down.

"Yes." She said, confidently. "You would never fit in it with that belly, so I nabbed it."

"I'll remember that when you're this big." I muttered, sliding on a pair of silver pumps. "And then I'll be stealing your clothes."

"You wish." She poked me. I rolled my eyes. "C'mon, I've got to deliver you." I laughed as I picked up my purse and phone. "Are you okay to walk down the stairs?" She asked, looking over her shoulder.

"I'm pregnant, not a toddler." I replied, smirking at her. "Now move." I shoved my finger into her back and she walked down the stairs. I followed her out to her car, locking the door behind me. I climbed in and groaned when I saw the piece of fabric in her hands.

"I'm sorry." She apologised. "I'm on strict instructions from Joe."

"Fine." I grumbled, allowing her to wrap the fabric around my eyes. "But if it ruins my makeup, Danielle, I will be killing the both of you."

"I'd love to see you try and run after us with that belly." She replied. I felt her hands come away from me and heard the engine start. "Anyway, where we are going isn't too far. You'll be fine."

"So it's not too far and needs setting up? What could it be?" I mumbled to myself. It stayed quiet for a few seconds before Danielle spoke.

"You have no idea, do you?"

"Not a clue."

* * *

I didn't know how long Danielle had been driving when the car came to a stop. "We are here." She announced. I went to pull off the blindfold, but she batted her hands away. "Do not take that off."

"Sorry." I muttered. I heard her open her car door then it slam again. I assumed she had gotten out. And my assumption was right when I heard her open my door.

"How much do you trust me?" She asked, grabbing my hand. With her help, I managed to get out of the car.

"Not as much as you want me to." I replied as she started to pull me down a path.

"Step." She announced. I shuffled forwards and felt the step.

"Next time, can I have a little more than 'step' please Danielle? I am nearly 9 months pregnant. A little more warning would be nice." I said sarcastically.

"Okay grumpy." She replied. I took a stab at where her face was and poked my finger. "Forehead." She muttered. I grinned in triumph.

"I was aiming for an eye socket, but I guess that will do." I heard a door open.

"Small step. Take a large step forward." I did and felt like an idiot doing it. I hoped that no one else saw me.

"Thank Danielle. I'll take it from here." Joe's voice surprised me and brought a grin to my face.

"I'm going to kill you." I muttered, holding out my hand. He laughed, musically before entwining his fingers through mine. "This is all very sneaky."

"I can be romantic and sneaky sometimes." He replied. I could hear the smile in his voice. I tugged at his fingers, trying to get him closer to me. "This blindfold was a good idea."

"It really wasn't-" I started to reply, before I felt his lips on mine. After we week we spend apart, I never thought I would get enough of them. As we pulled apart, we both panted. He pressed his forehead against mine, dropping a kiss to my lips. "Can I take it off now?" I asked, pouting a little. I didn't like not being able to see.

"Yes, okay." Joe muttered in reply. I grinned to myself as I felt Joe hands move from my cheeks to the back of my head. He undone the fabric and pulled it from my eyes. The first thing I saw was his smiling face.

"I love you." I whispered to him, grabbing his shirt and pulling him down to me for another passionate kiss.

"I love you too." He panted as we both pulled away. I looked around to see the both of us standing in his parents house.

"We are at your parents." I stated, looking confused.

"Well deduced." He whispered, pressing a kiss against my forehead. "Last thing to do for me." I nodded my head. I'd jump in a pit of fire for him without thinking twice. "Close your eyes." I did as he asked, a little confused. I felt him tug on my hands and I started to walk forwards. "Hold on." I felt his hands disappear and the sound of a sliding door. I screwed up my face, still really confused. "Okay, open them." So I did.

"Oh my god." I whispered as I saw family and friends standing in the lounge.

"Welcome to your baby shower." Joe whispered, leading me into the room. I could feel myself getting all teary at the scene before my eyes. I wiggled, hoping that they would go away. "Oh Allie." Joe laughed as he saw my eyes watering. He wrapped his arms around my shoulder, pulling me in for a very difficult hug. I could hear everyone 'aww'ing us and it made me embarrassed.

"Okay, I'm fine." I said, pushing him away. He laughed and wrapped an arm around my waist. "I just--Wow." I was lost for words. Everyone burst into laughter. My mom and Denise were the first ones to hug me. "Did you two know?" I asked, as they stood in front of me.

"He has been planning it for the last couple of days. Of course we knew." Denise said, nudging my mom. I laughed, shaking my head.

"What?" I asked, screwing my face up as I turned to Joe.

"I'll explain it later." He said, pressing a kiss against my forehead. I grinned at him as he lead me over to the couch. I squeezed in next to Danielle, grinning at her.

"And you knew too?" I nudged her as Joe sat on the arm of the couch. I rested my arm on his leg.

"You weren't there for the panic phone call I received at 11pm whist in bed." She laughed. I nudged Joe, laughing. "But he did a good job."

"He did." I agreed, grinning at the man I had chosen to love. "And everyone is wearing pink, nice touch." There was a bustle around the door, which grabbed my attention. Joe bounced off the arm of the couch and grabbed hold of Nick's arm. I tried to be subtle but I was listening into their conversation.

"You've really brought Gabby? Seriously Nick?" I looked around to see if I could see her. When I couldn't see the mop of blonde hair, I turned back to listening to the conversation. "Like Allie needs anymore stress." I rolled my eyes. Clearly neither Jonas boys knew that me and Gabby were on good terms now. I climbed off the couch, trying to find her. I saw her standing awkwardly in the corner of the room, avoiding all eye contact of everyone. "And where are you going?" I looked over at Gabby, who was staring at me and Joe. I took a step forwards, trying not to burst into laughter at the fact that everyone was staring at the both of us.

"Oi you little cow." I said, standing in front of her. Everyone had gone quiet in the room, watching the both of us. We both grinned simultaneously and hugged each other. "Who invited you?"

"Your best friend." She whispered, nudging me. I turned around to see Joe and Nick just gawking at the two of us. I rolled my eyes and waved a hand, beckoning them over. Everyone went back to their conversations as Joe and Nick walked over to us. "You two shut your mouths. God, you're catching flies."

"We are confused." Joe stated. Me and Gabby laughed at the two men in front of us. "When did this happen again?"

"You make us sound like we are in a relationship." I replied, smirking at Joe. "She came around last week, we spoke. She brought chocolate and movies. I couldn't not forgive her."

"Right, okay." Nick still looked confused. "We will talk about it later." He pointed at the both of us. "But go and enjoy your baby shower." Nick lightly pushed me towards Joe. I laughed before taking his hand.

"Move." Joe said, nudging Frankie out of the arm chair. He rolled his eyes but let me sit down anyway. Joe bounced into the arm of the couch. "Hey guys!" Joe shouted, getting everyone's attention. "We going to start opening things. Feel free to eat the food."

"Frankie." Paul called his youngest. He looked towards his dad and Paul grabbed a gift off the table, handing it to Frankie. I looked up at Joe, who had his eyebrows narrowed. "He wanted to give you his present first." Paul told us. I grinned at the 13 year old, who smiled shyly at the both of us.

"Thank you Frankie." I told him, as he handed the present to us. He awkwardly shuffled as I opened the bag. I pulled out a soft, brown teddy bear. I grinned as I saw the bear wearing a batman t-shirt. "It's great, Frankie. Honestly."

"Buddy, that's so cool." Joe held his fist out for his baby brother to bump. I leant forwards, kissing his cheek.

"Look." He said, lifting the bear up to show the bottom of its paws. On the left one, it read Sophie. And on the right, Olivia. "I wanted to give it a personal touch."

"You sure did. I know she is going to love it." I ruffled his hair and he grinned at me, before running off. I put it back into the bag and handed it to Joe. "We are going to end up with so much stuff. I hope you cleared the car out." I muttered to him.

"Don't worry." He whispered in reply as we watched everyone grab their presents so they could give it to us. "Your mom and dad offered to help bring some stuff back."

* * *

"That's everything put into the cars." Joe announced, walking back into the house. "But we had to fill Kevin's car too." I rolled my eyes and leant back into the chair. The only people who were left were mine and Joe's family. I stifled a yawn behind my hand. I glanced over at the clock, which read 4:30pm.

"Right, I've gotta pee." I announced, brushing down my dress. "I have a whole baby head digging into my bladder." I was happy that the Jonas household had a downstairs toilet. I did my business, thankful that I didn't have to go all the way upstairs. I shuffled out of the toilet to notice that the whole house was silent. I narrowed my eyebrows as I walked into the lounge. Joe stood in the middle of the room, a massive grin on his face. I took a hesitant step towards, confused at what was going on. "Joe." I said.

"Come here." He whispered, beckoning me with his head. I walked over to him, still confused. He held his hand out to me, so I entwined my fingers with his. "Have you had a good day?"

"Fantastic." I replied, still skeptical. "You did a really good job. And we got lots of stuff for her too." We both looked down at my stomach. "Well done."

"I've got one last present for you." He whispered, brushing the hair out of my face. I smiled at him, quite excited. "But you have got to close your eyes." I narrowed my eyebrows and he leant over, pressing a kiss against my lips. "Please."

"Fine." I whispered, shutting my eyes. I heard a shifting of material but I sort of ignored it. I shifted from one foot to the other. It has been a long day, and my ankles didn't appreciate it.

"Okay, open them." I heard Joe say. I did what he said and opened my eyes. I got confused when I didn't see Joe standing in front of me. I glanced around to see on one knee in front of me.

"Oh my god." I said as I saw him holding a ring box in his hand. "Oh my god, Joe."

"Yeah." He replied, grinning at me. I could feel my legs shaking underneath me. "I can sit and write songs one after another, but I can't find the words to tell you how I feel?" I laughed, feeling the tears roll down my cheeks.

"Okay, here goes. I love you, Aleah. We have been through so much shit together and we still have got to this point. Everyday I see you and I know that you are the one who want to be with. I can't see my life without you. You are the person I think about every minute of every day. And thinking about you carrying my child, I get these feelings that I can't describe. There is someone inside you that's half me and half you." He took a deep breath. "Everyone might think that we are jumping into it, but ever since that I saw you for the first time, you had my heart. So, Aleah James, will you marry me?" A grin stayed on his face.

"Joe." I whispered, not being able to talk properly from all the crying. "Have you asked my dad?" Joe laughed through the tears that had just started to form in his eyes.

"Yes." He replied, shaking his head. "Of course I asked your dad."

"Good." I replied, looking around. I knew it was killing Joe that I wasn't answering him. I heard him sigh and it made me look down at him. "Of course I'll marry you!" I said. I've never seen Joe smile as hard as he did at this moment. He slid the ring onto my finger and he stood up. "I love you." I said, grabbing his face between my hands. I pressed a long and passionate kiss against his lips.

"Okay you two." Kevin shouted, walking into the lounge from the kitchen. Everyone followed them as I let go of Joe.

"Congratulations!" Danielle shouted, pulling me into a hug. I laughed at her enthusiasm but hugged her in reply. And then everyone wanted to hug the both of us. After everyone had hugged us and both our mothers cried a little, they let us sit on the couch.

"Did you have any idea?" Joe whispered, as he held onto my left hand. I couldn't stop staring at the ring that sat on my finger. I shook my head. "Like I told you, I'm sneaky." I tugged on his hand, pouting slightly. He pressed a kiss against my lips.

"God, you make me so happy, Joseph."

* * *

Me and Joe both laid in bed, smiling like two idiots. Joe was lying on his side, leaning on his elbow whilst I laid on my back. "I think I'm in shock still." I whispered as Joe placed his warm hand against my bare stomach. "I just can't believe you."

"I had it planned for ages." He whispered, running his fingertips down my stomach. "What I didn't expect is that we would get into a massive argument before I did." I laughed, pressing a kiss to his cheek.

"I can't wait until everything comes together. She will come and then we start the rest of our lives together."
♠ ♠ ♠
Oh yessss! :')
I have another story set up, a Nick one this time. I can give you a snippet to you next chapter if enough interest is shown?
Next chapter: Contraception.