First Time

Twenty five.

"Seriously?" Joe squeaked at me. I nodded my head, still managing through the pain. Although it wasn't too bad, the pain was nothing like I had felt before. I relaxed once the pain had gone.

"Keep an eye on the time. Incase another one comes." Joe glanced down at his watch.

"4:35pm." He told me. I nodded my head, remembering the time. "Are you okay?" He grabbed hold of my hand, running his thumb across my knuckles. I leant forward slightly, pressing a kiss against his lips.

"Yeah, I'm fine." I assured him. "That one didn't hurt as much as I thought it was going to."

"That's only the first one though." I nodded my head. "Do you want to turn back?"

"Yeah." I breathed. Joe nodded his head as we turned in the middle of the street. He wrapped his arm around my waist, helping me walk. "Joe, I've just had my first contraction. This baby is on her way."

"Yeah, she really is." He pressed a kiss against my temple. I smiled; earlier we were sitting down to have dinner, now I've started to have contractions. "No stopping her now."

"Nope." I replied as we walked down the street. Thank god we hadn't gone too far away, the house was still in sight. "And she seems to be coming at an alarming rate."

"She has been in there for nearly 9 months. I think that she wants to come out." Joe said, rubbing his hand across my stomach. I was glad that I decided to wear leggings and a sweater, they were a lot more comfortable than wearing jeans. "Do you want to go home now?"

"All we will be doing is sitting around, waiting. We might as well do that at your parents." I replied, waddling slightly as Joe wandered slightly. "And it might take my mind off it."

"Allie." Joe boggled at me, his eyebrows raised. "You're having a baby, not removing a splinter." I rolled my eyes at him.

"It's not like I'm going to give birth on your parent's kitchen floor." I replied, making Joe laugh.

"Don't moan at me if your water breaks on the kitchen and dad makes you clean it up."

"I don't think he would, Joe." I replied as we walked up the pathway. Joe opened the door for me. "Unlike you, your dad actually likes me."

"That hurt a little." Joe said, taking my coat off me. I managed to take off my shoes and put them in the cupboard.

"I'm having contractions, Joe. Those hurt more." I pouted at him. He rolled his eyes.

"You've had one." He pointed out.

"Yes. And it hurt a little." He walked over to me, wrapping his arms around my belly. He pressed a small kiss against my forehead, making me smile.

"Just think." Joe whispered as he held me. "This time tomorrow, we could have our baby girl."

"Yeah, we could." I replied, grinning to him. He kissed me softly before we walked into the lounge.

"That was a short walk." Gabby pointed out from under Nick's arm. I didn't even have to ask; we all knew they were back together. Joe looked at me, his eyes begging me to tell everyone. I shook my head, making Joe screw up his nose.

"Too much for Allie." Joe replied to her. I smiled at all of them before walking back out of the room. I knew Joe was following me but I didn't turn around until I got into the kitchen. "What's up baby?"

"I just don't want to tell everyone that I'm having contractions. They will all make a fuss and it might not even happen." Joe nodded his head as I leant against the counter. "Let's just wait and see if they get any worse. If they do, then we can tell them." He walked over to me, wrapping his arms around my waist. He pressed his cheek against my shoulder.

"How you feeling baby?" He whispered. I shrugged my shoulders.

"A little uncomfortable." I replied, rubbing my fingers against the back of his head. He groaned softly, leaning into me. "I don't know, my back hurts a lot."

"Do you want me to rub it?" He asked, his face nuzzling into my neck. "I have magic hands."

"You're fine." I replied, pressing a kiss against his temple. "She's moving still though. She's gotta be happy."

"I can feel her." Joe pressed his stomach against mine softly, feeling her kicking. "She is going to be here so soon. She'll be keeping us up, making a mess and eating our food."

"Between you and her, we will always be out of food." I replied, feeling slightly sleepy. "Let's go into the lounge to try and convince them to watch a film." I ran my hands down his spine, making his shudder. "C'mon." I pushed him away from me. "Grab me a juice?" I asked. Joe ran to the fridge and grabbed a bottle.

"Do you think that you should ring the doctor, just to let her know?" I nodded my head and held my hand out for Joe's phone. "Come in when you're ready." He pressed a kiss against my forehead as he handed me his phone. I wandered into the kitchen again, dialling the doctor's number

"Doctor Coleman." She answered.

"Hi, it's Aleah." I said as I sat down on the chair.

"Oh yes. Joe rang me earlier, is there anything else I can help with?"

"I just thought I'd let you know my contractions have started. I've only had the one but from the intense pain in my back, I assume I'm actually going into labour." I told her. I could hear the sound of her scribbling on a piece of paper.

"Do you know what time you had this contraction?" She asked me. "It's just that I'm writing it all down."

"4:35pm." I told her. "Joe checked the time."

"That's perfect." She replied. I smiled to myself; happy that I had chosen such a good doctor. "Okay, I've got everything written down. Just let me know when things start to progress."

"Okay, I'll be sure to let you know. If I don't, I'm pretty sure Joe will."

"Great. Let's hope we see you and this baby soon!" We said our goodbyes and I hung up. I glanced down at Joe's phone to see his background was a photo of me, hand over my bump; my engagement ring clearly on show. I smiled at it, before standing up. I walked back into the lounge, launching him phone at him.

"Good catch." I replied as I squeezed in between Joe and Kevin. "Soon I will be able to do that without any trouble."

"But I won't." Danielle pouted from the other side of Kevin. I laughed as Joe wrapped his arm around my shoulders.

"You decided to get pregnant, you deal with the consequences." I replied, laughing to myself. I shifted closer to Joe, wanting to be closer to him. He slipped his hand from my shoulders and down my back. He applied pressure to the bottom of my back and I held back a moan. He had hit the spot where the pain was at its worse.

"So have you two talked about the wedding?" Gabby asked from under Nick's arm. Both of them looked comfy together and it made me smile. I was too happy with the back rubbing to even answer the question so I left it to Joe.

"We haven't had that much time to talk about it, but we though in like 2 years. Like Summer 2016." Joe said, as I leant forwards, letting him rub my back. "I mean, Sophie will be 2 so she will be incorporated. And then Allie can get pregnant on the honeymoon and bam, another baby." I punched him in the stomach as everyone laughed.

"I decide when we have another baby, not you, Mr Jonas." I tapped him on the nose. I sat up properly as Joe stopped rubbing my back. I rested my head against his shoulder. "We haven't even had the first one yet!"

"Soon though." He replied, pressing a kiss to my cheek.

"So how are you feeling about the birth being so close?"

* * *

There was no mistaking that I was having contractions. 30 minutes after my first one, came my second one. There was no way I could hide it from the entire family. I gripped Joe's hand, whose head shot to look at me. I let out a groan as Joe moved towards me. "Okay?" I shook my head.

"No." I groaned, throwing my head back. Joe rubbed the bottom of my back as I managed through the pain. "Okay." I told him once the pain had gone. "How long was that?"

"Lasted 30 seconds. 30 minutes since the last one." Joe told me, smiling softly. I nodded my head and turned to see the whole family staring at me.

"Oh by the way, my contractions have started." I announced, standing up. I couldn't bare sitting down and having the back pain at the same time.

"For how long?" Paul asked. I could see everyone half panicked, half excited for me.

"About half hour." I replied, walking around the room. Joe stared at me, looking very confused and scared. "Well, the first one was. That was the second one. I've been having some weird back pain for a while."

"So she is ready to come?" Frankie asked, bouncing over to me. I ruffled his hair, smiling at him.

"She is ready to come, Frank." Joe replied, grinning at his little brother. "She is coming rather quickly actually." I sat next to Joe, who wrapped his arms around me. "You did good baby." He whispered, making me smile. I rested my head against his shoulder, sighing softly. He pressed a gentle kiss to my temple.

"That one was worse than the first one." I told him. He squeezed my shoulders, encouragingly. "Now that she is coming, I want her to stay in there." I pouted. Everyone laughed.

"She has decided that now is the moment to make her arrival." Kevin said, patting my head. I batted his hand away, getting a grunt from him.

"Can we go home?" I whispered to Joe. He nodded his head and I shifted, moving so he could stand up. I stood next to him, shifting so that the pain in my back eased up.

"Me and Allie are going to head home." He said as everybody stared at us. "We're just going to relax for a bit before it all kicks off." I rolled my eyes at Joe. He made giving birth sound like a football game.

"Okay." Denise replied, standing up to hug us. "Let us know what happens? okay?" She said as she hugged Joe. "Ring when you are going to the hospital. We will all meet you there." I nodded my head as she hugged me.

"I'm leaving that job down to Joe." I said as I patted his shoulder. He groaned, throwing his head back. "You've only got to ring your mom and mine. They are doing everything from there."

"And I've got to pick up our bag and the bag for Sophie too. I've got a lot of stuff to do." He complained as we waved to the rest of the family.

"I've got a lot more stuff to do. More than ringing a few people and picking up the bags." I poked him in the side. Denise and Paul walked us to the door, watching as the two of us argue.

"Why don't you put the bags in the car when you get home?" Paul suggested. I looked over at Joe, my eyebrows raised.

"Why didn't you think of that?"

"That way all you have to remember is to ring us and look after Allie." Paul replied, rubbing my arm. I grinned at him and patted his hand in reply. "Get home, relax. And who knows, in a few hours, we could have a new Jonas in the family." The four of us grinned at each other before Joe helped me towards the car.

"How are you feeling?" Joe asked as he helped me into the car. I waited for him to get into the driver's seat before I replied.

"I'm okay. A little uncomfortable. I could use a bath and a nap." I told him. He briefly looked at me before driving down the road.

"I think a nap is a good idea. I mean, you're going to need your energy for later." I nodded my head in agreement. "It's only 5:15pm. We could still be waiting hours."

"Yeah." I replied, absentmindedly rubbing my stomach. Joe leant over and placed his hand over mine. "We've been waiting nearly 6 months for this moment." I whispered to him.

"She is finally coming. After all the waiting, she'll be here soon." He replied, giving my fingers a squeeze. "Are you nervous?"

"Terrified." I nervously laughed. Joe joined in, but I knew the both of us were feeling the same. "We've been to all the classes, read as much as we could about parenthood. I know babies don't come with handbooks, but we've got the basics covered."

"We will just have to wait until she comes." He replied, rubbing his thumb against my stomach. "Do you want to ring your mom?" I nodded my head, leaning forwards to fiddle with the controls that connected Joe's phone with the car system. I waited for my mom to pick up, listening to the ringing noise.

"Hey baby." My mom answered. I smiled softly, leaning back into my chair, closing my eyes. "What's up?"

"Just thought we'd let you know that my contractions started about an hour ago." I replied as Joe thumbed my stomach. I relaxed, feeling my body soften up.

"Really?" She asked, sounding excited. "It's Allie." I assumed she was talking to my dad. "Her contractions have started."

"They are 30 minutes apart right now." Joe told her. "And are lasting about 30 seconds. So we are assuming that if Allie keeps this pace up, she will be here by tomorrow."

"I hope so." My mom replied, making me smile. "Okay baby. Be strong."

"I'll try."

"Don't forget to ring us. We will meet you there." I made a noise of agreement. "And Joe, look after my little girl." I opened my eyes to smile at him. He winked in reply and I giggled.

"I'll try my very best." He replied. I rubbed my stomach, getting a nudge in reply. "I'll keep you updated." With that, we said our goodbyes. Joe took his hand off my stomach to turn the wheel properly. I pouted as he didn't put it back. I plucked it off the steering wheel and back onto my stomach. He glanced over at me, his eyebrows raised, questioningly.

"We missed your warmth." I replied, slightly blushing to myself. Even though we'd been together a total of 3 years, from the beginning, I still felt like it was the 'honeymoon' period.

The two of us were silent for the last few minutes of the drive home. Joe pulled into the driveway, switching the engine off. "This could be the last time we come home, just the two of us." I grinned at him.

"This could be the last few hours of just the two of us. And then we will have someone else to be responsible for." I replied. He leant over the central console to press a kiss against my lips. I smiled, running my fingers through his hair.

"C'mon, let's get you inside and in the bath." He patted my thigh and climbed out of his side of the car. He ran around, pulling my door open. Holding his hand out to me, I struggled out of the high car. Joe held onto my hand as we walked up the path to the door. He unlocked it and I walked in.

"Put those in the car, so they are ready." I pointed to the bags. Joe smiled, pressing a kiss against my forehead before grabbing the two bags and making a dash for the car. I took my coat and shoes off and walked into the lounge, falling onto the couch. I tried to hide a yawn behind my hand, but as Joe walked in, he saw.

"Why don't you have your nap first? And then have a bath?"
♠ ♠ ♠
Ooh, nearly there!
Next chapter: Important phone call.