First Time

Twenty eight.

18 April 2015

"Can you believe we have a one year old already?" I whispered to Joe as we stared at each other across our bed. Joe grinned at me, tucking his hand under his cheek. "This time last year, I was storming around that hospital room, demanding that she got out of me."

"She's talking and everything now." Joe replied, giving me a tired smile. "She is growing up too fast. Any day now she'll be walking. And then we will have no control over her." I rolled my eyes at his extreme ways.

"She'll be walking any day now." I smiled at him. "God, where has that year gone? I felt like yesterday we were bringing her home."

"I want another." Joe stuck his bottom lip out. I laughed, shifting so that I was lying right next to him. "Please Allie?"

"Not yet." I whispered, shaking my head. Joe sighed, looking away from me. "Sophie is only one, Joe. We should concentrate on her before having another."

"I know. It's just-" I nodded my head, understanding what he was trying to say. He had wanted another for a while, but I wasn't ready yet. "How about after the wedding? We can start properly trying." The wedding was a year and 2 months away.
"Sophie will be two."

"Sounds perfect, Joe." I grinned at him. He smiled back, grabbing me by my waist and pulling me onto his lap. I straddled my legs around his stomach, leaning down. He rested his hands on my thighs as I pressed mine against his chest. "Doesn't mean we can't practice though." I leant down, pressing a kiss against his lips. He grunted into the kiss, gripping my thighs and flipping me over so he was above me.

"Take it off." Joe muttered, tugging at the bottom of my t-shirt. I smirked at him, tugging his hair slightly.

"Bossy."

"Damn right." He replied, pressing his lips against mine. Just as the kiss was about to get heated, we heard a cry through the baby monitor. "Seriously Sophie? Just as daddy was about to get some." He mumbled, tucking his head into my neck. I patted his butt and he rolled off me.

"Rain check?" I asked, smiling at him. He nodded his head, sighing. "I'll sort her out, you go and start breakfast."

"I might need a while." I laughed, pressing a kiss against his lips. I climbed out of bed, sliding on my slippers. I shuffled along to Sophie's room and saw her standing in her crib, crying.

"Momma." She cried, holding her arms up for me to pick her up.

"What are you crying for, birthday girl?" I asked, picking her up. I carried her over to the changing table, laying her down. I pulled her paccy out of her mouth and put it into the drawer. She replaced it with her thumb, sucking on that instead. "We're going to have a party today." I spoke to her as she stared at me whilst I changed her diaper. "Nana and Papa are coming, so are Grandpa and Grandma." I saw her eyes light up. "And all your uncles and aunties. And baby Alena."

"Al." She said excitedly. I grinned at her and did the poppers back up on her baby suit. Since Kevin and Danielle had their baby girl, Alena, 6 months ago, Sophie had been obsessed with her.

"Alena will be there." I lifted her onto my hip and carried her downstairs, lifting all the baby gates as I went. "And there will be cake, and presents." I walked into the kitchen where Joe stood, pouring milk into Sophie's sippy cup.

"Dadda!" She shouted, clapping to herself. "Dadda!"

"Hey birthday girl!" He shouted in reply, making her jump a little. "Did you have a good sleep?" I handed her over and she pressed her head against his shoulder.

"Mmm." She replied, sucking on her thumb. "Al."

"Alena?" Joe asked, handing her sippy cup to her. "What about her?"

"Al." She told Joe, before drinking her milk. Her attempt at Alena's name was her third word, after Momma and Dadda. "Momma." She pointed at me as we sat down at the table.

"Party." I said, just so Joe would understand what Sophie was trying to say.

"We having a party, aren't we Soph?" Joe said, bouncing her on his knee.

"Don't do that while she's drinking Joe." I rolled my eyes at him as I poured us both some orange juice. "I'm not going to clear up the mess."

"She's fine." He replied, flashing his teeth at me. "Baby, let me do your hair." Sophie moved her head away from him. She had a lot of hair and we had to tie it up at night otherwise it would be almost impossible to brush the next morning. "Sophie, I'll do it quickly."

"No." She replied, wiggling off Joe's lap. He rolled his eyes as she held onto the table and made her way to me. "Momma." I picked her up and placed her on my lap. She pulled herself up so she was standing on my legs, her hands grasped against my hair.

"So what time is everyone coming?" Joe asked, taking a sip of his juice. I looked around Sophie, who was mumbling to herself.

"About 1. That's what I told them." I replied, trying to get her fingers out my hair. "Sophie will need her 11am nap, so she'll be awake by then." Joe nodded his head.

"Do you want some toast?" He asked, standing up. I nodded my head, smiling at him. "Is she having toast?" Joe watched as I wrestled with Sophie, who wouldn't sit down on my lap.

"Yeah, put a little bit of spread on it." He made a noise of agreement before sorting out our breakfast. I placed Sophie down on my lap, but she wanted to stand back up, using my arm as leverage. "Stop it! Sit down or you'll go in your chair!" I told her off. She stuck her bottom lip out, tears gathering in her eyes. I sat her down on my lap, grabbing her sippy cup and giving it to her. She took it off me, resting her head against my shoulder.

"I think she is still tired." Joe murmured, looking over his shoulder at the both of us. "She'll need a longer nap."

"I'll put her down earlier then. Rather than 11, I'll put her down about 10." I looked at the clock that read 7:30am. "Try and keep her up until then." I looked down at Sophie, who was drinking her milk, a hand clutched around my pyjama top.

"So is everyone coming then?" Joe asked, as he buttered the toast. I nodded my head, resting my cheek against the top of our daughter's head.

"My mom and dad are going to be late." I told him as he cut up Sophie's toast into triangles. "Dad's got an appointment to go to. They said they wouldn't be any later than 1:30." I stood up with Sophie in my arms and placed her into the high chair that sat at the top of the table between me and Joe. He placed the four slices on the tray and doing her straps up before sorting out our breakfast.

"So everyone else is going to be here at 1?" I nodded my head, handing Sophie a piece of toast, taking her milk away. "And what about food?"

"I'm going to do some here. Like sandwiches and chips and stuff. Your mom is making cupcakes and Sophie's actual cake. She has been waiting for ages to show it to us." I told Joe. He laughed, getting me and Sophie to look at him, the both of us smiling. "Did you find out what Kevin and Dani brought her?" I grabbed her head whilst she was distracted by the toast and tied her hair up again as she constantly whined at me.

"I know that Nick and Gabby brought her the horse." Every time we would go to the shops, she always wanted to go on the rocking horse, so we thought it would be a good idea to get her one. "And we got the swing set in the backyard, among other stuff." Me and Joe had gone a little over the top with all the buying. But it was our baby's first birthday. "I think they were just buying her lots of little things."

"That's a good idea. At the rate she is going, she isn't going to fit her clothes tomorrow." I looked over at Sophie, who was banging her toast against the tray. I laughed as Joe brought our toast over.

"Momma." Sophie whined just as I was about to eat. I glanced over at her to see what she wanted. "Momma." She said again, her hands stretched out for her milk. I placed it in her tray and got a smile in return.

"Breakfast, play, bath, nap?" Joe asked, looking over at me with a mouthful of bread and jam. I rolled my eyes, kicking him under the table.

"Is that for us or her?" I laughed. Joe snorted, then turned to me, a smirk on his face.

"For me and you, I was thinking breakfast, play, put baby down for nap, bath then more play." He winked at me. I burst into laughter at his attempt to seduce me. He pouted softly, making me smile.

"Way to be sexy, Joe." I said, grinning at him. He rolled his eyes at me. "Especially with jam around your face."

"What?" He started to wipe around his face with the back of his hand. I stood up to go and get another glass of juice. As I came back to the table, I grabbed the back of his head and pulled it so he was facing me.

"I love your attempt at sexiness." I squeezed his cheeks together, pressing a kiss against his pouty lips.

* * *

"Hey baby." Joe's arms wrapped around my waist. I was halfway through cooking the food for Sophie's party when Joe appeared. He rested his head on my shoulder, pressing a kiss against my neck. "What are you doing?"

"I'm attempting to sort out the food for the party." I said as he continue to press kisses to my neck. "But it seems some man, who needs to shave, is trying to distract me."

"Hey!" Joe defended himself, getting his head out of my neck. "I don't needed to shave!"

"To have sex with me again, you will." I turned in his arms, a smirk on my lips. He pouted a little then began to smirk back at me.

"You weren't complaining about it earlier, when we were having sex."

"Joe, I don't think I was overly concentrating on the status of your facial hair, do you?" I wrapped my arms around his neck, playing with the curly hair at the bottom of his head.

"I hope you weren't. Otherwise, I've gotta get some new tricks." He pressed a kiss to the corner of my mouth. "You look beautiful." I looked down at the dress I was wearing.

"Not too much?" I asked as he let go of me. I brushed my hands down it, shifting the fabric a little.

"It's perfect." He replied. I smiled at him, grabbing his belt and pulling his towards me. He cradled my face as I wrapped my arms around his waist. "You're perfect." He whispered, before pressing his lips against mine. I pulled him closer to me, as if it was even possible. "We've got 30 minutes before they come. We have time." His pupils were blown and his heart raced fast. I rolled my eyes at his sudden arousal.

"I don't think I want Nick and Gabby walking in on us, Joe. I know how you like to be loud." I patted his butt and moved away from him. I started to put all the food on the table we had set up in the kitchen.

"What?" He asked, grabbing plates and cups and putting them on the table.

"Nick and Gabby are coming early. Don't ask why, I have no clue. They should be here any minute." I told him as I arranged the food on the table. I popped a chip in my mouth before turning to Joe. "Do you want to go and wake her up?" Joe nodded his head, before bouncing out the room.

I never thought 2 years ago my life would be like this. 25, with a one year old and engaged. Especially to Joe. I thought all those years ago that it was it for me and Joe. That we would never get back together. But here I was, preparing to marry him with our daughter there.

"Where's the birthday girl?" Gabby shouted as she walked into the house. I rolled my eyes at her loudness, hoping that Joe had managed to wake Sophie up. If he didn't, I knew that the volume of Gabby would have woken her. I left the kitchen to meet them in the hallway. Gabby carried 2 bags full of presents, while Nick carried a massive box. "Where is she?"

"Joe's just waking her from a nap." I told them as we walked into the lounge. "They shouldn't be too long." Gabby dumped the bags down, before throwing herself onto the couch. I looked at Nick, who sighed. I never understood why Nick put up with Gabby and her weird ways. Even after more than a year, it still worried me.

"How does it feel to have a one year old?" She asked me, picking at the nail varnish on her fingers. I sat next to her and watched as Nick struggled to put the box down. "Can you believe she is one?"

"Me and Joe were having this conversation earlier. It's weird to think a year ago, I was pushing her out." I replied, making Gabby screw up her nose. "It's been a very quick year."

"Allie!" I heard Joe shout down the stairs over a loud cry. Obviously Sophie didn't want to wake up. "Baby, a little help!"

"I'm sending up Uncle Nick." I replied, before looking at Nick. He sighed before leaving the room. Me and Gabby burst into laughter.

"So how have the two of you been?" Gabby asked, wiggling her eyebrows. I sighed, running a hand through my hair. "You sounded slightly out of breath on the phone."

"So you assumed we were having sex?"

"Well, you weren't going around the block for a jog, were you?" I burst into laughter.

"Just because you aren't getting enough, doesn't mean you have to pry into my sex life!" I replied. Her mouth dropped open.

"I am getting plenty thank you!" She defended herself. "I've got to tell you something."

"Don't tell me your pregnant!" I gasped. "I had a hard enough time not telling everyone when Dani was pregnant with Alena."

"I'm not pregnant!" She slapped my arm. I grinned at her. "Me and Nick are going to do it properly. Marriage, then kids. Unlike you and Joe."

"Thanks for that." I muttered in reply. She winked at me. "So what are you telling me?"

"Me and Nick have been talking about marriage." I raised my eyebrows, waiting for her to carry on.

"And?" I asked when she didn't. "Don't leave a sister hanging like that!"

"We are thinking about it. We both want it down the line. So we are defiantly going to." I smiled at her.

"I'm so happy for the both of you." I wrapped my arms around her neck, pulling her into a hug. "You've come so far."

"Shut up, you're ruining it now." She pushed me away. I laughed as I heard footsteps coming down the stairs. "Is that the birthday girl?" Gabby said as Nick walked in with a grumpy looking Sophie in his arms. Gabby jumped up and took her out of Nick's arms, sitting on the other couch.

"Joe, you could have at least left her paccy upstairs." I moaned as he walked into the room.

"She wouldn't let me take it out. She refused to go anywhere with it and Bear." I looked over at her where she was being fussed over by Nick and Gabby. She clung onto the bear that Frankie had brought her before she was born. "Me and Nick just about got her changed." A lovely yellow dress covered her, with pink tights and silver shoes.

"Was she awake when you went up there?" I asked as Joe sat next to me, pulling me towards him.

"No, and she didn't want to wake up either. She kept hitting me and saying 'dadda, no' in that really stern voice."

"She's now saying no?" Gabby asked, looking over at us. I nodded my head.

"Joe was telling her off a couple of days ago for throwing her lunch on the floor. And she picked up no from him." I told them. Nick and Gabby laughed at their niece. "Sophie, do you want some food? And juice." She stared at me for a few seconds before holding her arms out. I walked over, plucking her out of Gabby's arms. "Do you two want a drink?"

"Please." Gabby replied, grinning at me. I smiled in reply before kicking Joe's foot.

"Come on." I said. He groaned but got off the couch anyway. I walked into the kitchen and attempted to put Sophie in her chair.

"Momma!" She cried, clinging onto my shoulders. "Momma! No!" I sighed before looking at Joe.

"There's no point." He told me. I nodded my head and sat down on a chair. I pulled her into my lap, grabbing a triangle of sandwich and giving it to her.

"You've got to take your paccy out." I told her. She looked at me for a few seconds before passing it to me. I looked surprised over at Joe. "Didn't think she would give it over so easily."

"Maybe she's hungry?" He replied, holding onto two glasses for Nick and Gabby. I shrugged my shoulders. "Juice is there." He nodded his head towards the counter, where Sophie's sippy cup sat. I smiled at him before he left. I grabbed another sandwich and Sophie's cup before taking her into the lounge. I sat down on the couch, placing Sophie in my lap. She started to whine and I sighed, turning her so we were looking at each other.

"Who do you want to sit with?" I asked her. "Dadda, Auntie Gabby or Uncle Nick?"

"Dadda." She replied, holding her arms out to him. He picked her from my lap and sat her in his. "Mmm." She muttered contently.

"Such a daddy's girl." I mumbled, brushing the hair out of my eyes. I placed her juice and the other slice of sandwich on the coffee table.

"She's still tired." Joe stated as he watched his little girl's eyes fluttered open and close.

"She was up half the night remember?" I reminded him. He nodded his head, sighing. He gently rocked her in his arms, the both of us watching as she fell asleep.

"Why was she up half the night?" Nick asked, looking over at us.

"She's teething." I replied. "Even more so than she was a few months ago. These are the back teeth, so she is in even more pain." Nick and Gabby sent a sympathetic look towards us.

"So is Alena right?" Joe asked.

"I don't think I've spoken to either Kevin or Dani as much as I have done the last couple of weeks. Ever." I said, before they burst into laughter. "Bless them."

"Is that a car I can hear?" Nick asked, turning around. I rested my head against Joe's shoulder, stifling a yawn. "Looks like Kevin and Dani are here." Nick told us as he looked out the window.

"You two don't look like you're ready for a party." Gabby said, as Nick got up and opened the door.

"It would be wrong for us to go upstairs and just fall asleep." Joe murmured, pressing a kiss against my forehead. It fells silent in the room for a few seconds before Kevin and Danielle walked in, baby Alena sitting happily in her daddy's arms.

"Birthday girl is asleep then." Danielle peered into Joe's arms. "We going to have a fun party."

"The VIP is a very grumpy, teething one year old." I told Danielle as I stood to hug her. "And how's your teething one?" I asked, patting Alena's head. She gave me a gummy smile and held her arms out to me. I took hold of her, sitting her against my hip. She grabbed hold of the shoulder of my dress and attempted to chew it. "No." I said sternly to her. Danielle rolled her eyes.

"She is trying to put everything in her mouth. She tried to put Riley's collar in it earlier." Danielle fished in the bag, pulling out a yellow pacifier. She slid it into her daughter's mouth and Alena let go of my dress. I walked over to Gabby, sitting Alena in my lap. Danielle plonked herself onto the couch in between us, whilst the men took the other couch.

"Joe, see if she will wake up. If she is still grumpy, let her sleep." I said, handing Alena over to a waiting Gabby. Joe ran his finger down Sophie's cheek, making her stir.

"Princess." He said, getting her to sit up. She groaned and tried to push her head against Joe's chest. I tossed Kevin her paccy and he gave it to Joe, in hope that she wouldn't start crying. "Alena's here. She wants to say hello." Sophie's eyes opened slowly to her dad and two uncles staring at her. She looked at Joe, before taking the paccy out of his hand and popping it into her mouth.

"Al." She mumbled, rubbing her eyes with tiny fists.

"She's over there with mommy." Kevin said, pointing to me. Sophie turned slightly to see could see me. Her eyes lit up when she saw Alena sitting on Gabby's lap, squealing.

"Momma." Sophie said, almost shouting. I waved at her as she attempted to wiggle out of Joe's arms. He placed her on her feet and held his hand out. She grabbed hold of it and he helped her walk over to me. "Al." She squealed when she gripped hold of Dani's knees. Danielle placed her in her lap and Sophie started to 'talk' to Alena.

"She isn't far away from walking." Kevin pointed out. I nodded my head, rubbing my baby's back.

"I know. She has been gripping hold of things and walking. Like the kitchen table. But not actually taken any steps." I informed them. Joe nodded his head, smiling at his little girl.

"It's only a matter of time."

* * *

"Cake time." I shouted into the lounge. Everyone scrambled to a seat, Joe grabbing Sophie around the waist. He pulled her onto his lap, smiling at me. I winked at him before walking into the kitchen. "Everyone is ready." I told Denise.

"Let's go." She replied, picking up the cake. I followed her with my camera, smiling to myself. I flicked the lights down as we walked into the lounge.

"Happy birthday to you." Everyone started to sing. I watched Sophie stare at her birthday cake. She was mesmerised. Probably more at the candle rather than the cake. "Happy birthday to Sophie. Happy birthday to you." I grabbed hold of my camera ready for this moment.

"Blow out the candle princess." Joe said to Sophie, who just looked at him. "Blow." Joe showed her what to do and she attempted to do that. He gave some encouragement, but blew it out for her. I grinned at the two most important people in my life. Joe tickled her, the beautiful sound of her laughter echoed around the room.

"Everyone for cake?" Denise asked, stepping away from Sophie who was trying to stick her hands into the cake. They all made a sound of agreement. I pressed a kiss against Sophie's head whilst she tried to pull on my hair.

"Let go." I scolded her. She stared at me for a few seconds before Joe told her.

"Sophie, let go of mommy's hair." He warned her. She let go and stuck her thumb in her mouth, looking sorry for herself. I rolled my eyes at Joe, before pressing a kiss against his plump lips.

"Cake." Kevin coughed, making me turn around. I discreetly stuck my middle finger up at him before leading Denise into the kitchen. My mom, Danielle and Gabby followed us.

"How many for cake?" Denise asked as she started to cut it.

"Everyone wants cake so that's...11 slices of cake." Gabby worked out. I rolled my eyes at the poor attempt at maths.

"Momma!" I heard Sophie scream. I ignored it, Joe would be able to handle it. "Momma! No, Dadda!" All the woman in my life burst into laughter.

"Don't encourage her." I groaned, resting my head against the table. Someone patted my back in sympathy. "It seems to be her favourite word right now." Joe stormed into the kitchen, holding Sophie against his hip.

"Take her." Sophie held her arms out to me, pouting softly.

"Did she do anything wrong?" I asked, taking her off Joe and sitting her against my hip.

"She just being clingy." He complained, pressing a kiss against the back of her head. "Love you." Joe whispered, looking at me.

"Love you." I whispered in reply, getting a smile in return. He pressed a kiss against my lips before leaving the room. I sat Sophie on the counter, holding onto her waist.

"How's the wedding planning going?" My mom asked, grabbing a stack of paper plates.

"It's going." I replied, laughing softly. "There is some details me and Joe need to sort out. Like the food, cake and dresses and suits."

"So basically everything?" Danielle laughed. I rolled my eyes at her.

"The venue is sorted. All the decorations and invites are sorted too." I replied, pulling a silly face at Sophie. She laughed, patting my arms. "And the suits and bridesmaid dresses are picked out. My dress, not so much."

"You haven't picked out a dress yet? I thought you had!" Gabby cried at me. I grabbed Sophie's juice bottle and handed it to her.

"Ta." I prompted her. She looked at me for a few seconds. "Ta."

"Ta Momma." She whispered, lifting her cup to her lips. I kissed her head in reply.

"No, I haven't found a dress yet. The one I looked at, I decided that it didn't look right." I replied, attempting to tie Sophie's hair back up.

"So you and Joe." My mom started, making me look at her. I tied Sophie's hair into a ponytail after she started to wiggle. "Any more kids?"

"Jesus mom!" I replied, staring at her. She shrugged her shoulders and went back to helping Denise with the cake. "Where the hell did that come from?"

"We were all wondering." Denise mumbled in reply. I rolled my eyes but saw everyone looking at me. "Well?"

"Not yet." I replied, not looking at them. I stared at Sophie who was playing with her hands. "Joe wants another, but I'm not ready."

"Why not?" My mom asked me, her eyebrows narrowed. "You're great with Sophie."

"I know." I ran my hand over Sophie's head, getting a smile in return. "Sophie is only 1. I think we should concentrate on her growing up before we throw another baby in the mix."

"I understand." Danielle said, popping a grape into her mouth. "I wouldn't want another baby anytime soon." I nodded my head in agreement.

"We've decided to try properly after the wedding. Sophie will be two, nearly 3 when the baby is born." I told everyone. They all mumbled an agreement. "Now, is everyone done asking me about my life?"

"God, are you sure you're not pregnant now? Stroppy cow." Gabby replied. I leant over, kicking her in the shin.

"I'm not pregnant." I told everyone, grabbing hold of Sophie. "Now if you don't mind, I'm going to take 2 slices of cake and give one to my fiancé, okay?" I sat Sophie against my hip, grabbing two plates of cake and two forks. I walked out of the kitchen, somehow carrying everything. I walked into the lounge, handing Joe a slice of cake. "If you want some." I started as all the men stared at us. "It's in the kitchen."

"Couldn't have got it for us." My dad complained as everyone got up. I smiled at him, sitting down on the couch next to Joe. I squeezed Sophie in between us, as everyone left.

"You okay baby?" Joe asked, looking over at me. I shrugged my shoulders, eating a slice of cake.

"I'm tired." I replied. Sophie patted Joe's arm as he ate his cake.

"Dadda." She opened her mouth, staring at his cake. Joe rolled his eyes, putting a small bit into her mouth.

"Ta." I told her. She looked at me then Joe

"Ta Dadda." She smiled at him. Joe patted her head and looked at me.

"Everyone won't stay long. We can all go to bed." Joe pressed a kiss against my forehead. "Although with all these toys, I don't think our baby will want to sleep." We looked at the pile of toys on the floor.

"Don't you think she got a little spoilt?" I asked Joe, looking at him. "That's a lot of stuff there."

"We can save most toys. Put them in the attic. Save them for the next round." I rolled my eyes at Joe, but he made me laugh anyway. Everyone walked back in, eating their cake. They all squashed each other onto the couch, Nick and Gabby on the floor.

"How's the wedding stuff going?" Kevin asked, looking over at me and Joe. I shrugged my shoulders, bored with this conversation already, seeing as I'd already had it.

"It's going." Joe replied, saying exactly the same as I did. "I'm leaving it to Allie and the wedding planner. I'll only say something when it's needed."

"You picked the colour for the entire wedding, I'll give you that." I pointed out. Joe nodded his head, giving Sophie another bite of cake.

"Ta Dadda." She said, making me smile. She scooted off the couch, clinging to my leg as she stood, staring at everyone.

"And we've got food testing next week." Joe pumped his fist in the air. I rolled my eyes at the love of my life. "Joe's excited for it." I pointed out.

"It's food, Allie." He replied, sticking his tongue out at me. "Lots of it."

"You wait until the cake testing." Kevin smiled at Joe. "That's the best part of the wedding." Danielle turned to Kevin, her eyebrows raised.

"Oh really?" She said, rocking a sleeping Alena. "Not the fact that you married me."

"I love you." Kevin replied, trying to kiss Danielle, who just turned her head. I gasped softly as I saw what my girl was about to do.

"Joe." I patted his shoulder in excitement.

"I know, don't scare her." We both stared at Sophie, who was looking at Paul and his cake. She was making stepping motion with her feet. She let go of my leg and took a hesitant step forwards, by herself. "Allie." Joe whispered as we watched our baby girl take her first step. She took 3 steps towards Paul before falling onto her bottom.

"Don't make a bigger deal out of it than it already is." I said, as Sophie looked towards us. "That was great baby!" I cheered, making her smile. "You really walked." She giggled, before standing up again. She took another 2 steps before Paul picked her up.

"Can you believe it? She's already walking."
♠ ♠ ♠
Just a couple of chapters left before the sequel.
Oops :')