First Time

Thirty One

3rd May 2017

"Look, there is our little baby." Joe whispered, leaning over my shoulder. I held onto a latest sonogram that we had today. "There's its hand. And legs."

"It looks like you." I replied. Joe pressed a kiss against my cheek, smiling as he wrapped his arms around my stomach. I was barely showing at 11 weeks compared to when I was pregnant with Sophie. I could still get away with wearing my t-shirts but my jeans were a little tight. "Although, it still looks like a peanut, so I'm just assuming."

"Guys!" Gabby shouted as she walked in the front door. I shoved the scan in my back pocket, pushing Joe away from me. We'd promise each other that we wouldn't tell the family until we had our second scan. "I've brought back your child."

"Thanks." I grinned at Sophie as she bounced into the kitchen. She'd stayed at Nick and Gabby's last night to let me and Joe have a night in and get up and go for a scan. I burst into laughter as I noticed Sophie's hair. "What has Auntie Gabby done to your hair?" I laughed at the wonky pigtail that her hair was in. It wasn't in the centre of her hair and the hairtie was too big for her head.

"She wouldn't sit still." Gabby pouted, throwing Sophie's bag onto the table. Joe rolled her eyes.

"Try not to break our thing Gabby." Joe muttered, putting Sophie on the breakfast counter. He pulled out her hair and started it again. "How was she?"

"Perfect. Like always." Gabby replied, winking at Sophie, who giggled. "We had pizza, watched a film. Sophie had a cuddle with Uncle Nick and then we went to bed."

"Sounds like a perfect night." I smiled at Gabby.

"Right, I better get back. I left Nick alone, never a good idea." Gabby laughed. I nodded my head, agreeing with her. "I'll see you at Denise and Paul's later?" She offered.

"Yeah, about 7?" I replied, narrowing my eyebrows. Gabby nodded her head, grabbing an apple from our bowl. "Better put this one to bed for a bit then. It's going to be a late night." I looked over at Sophie, who was poking Joe's face. I blew a kiss to Gabby, who let herself out. I turned to my two favourite people, who were sitting on a chair together. "Shall we go into the lounge?" I suggested, giving Joe a knowing look. He nodded his head, gathering Sophie up in his arms. I followed them into the lounge, throwing myself on the couch.

"Sophie." Joe said, putting Sophie against his chest. "Me and Mommy have something to tell you."

"I getting a pony?" She asked with a cheeky grin.

"No." I laughed, shaking my head. She pouted softly but couldn't help but laugh. "Something better." I moved so that I could pull the scan out of my pocket.

"Mommy, what that?" She asked, shifting from Joe's lap to mine. I wrapped my arms around her waist, showing her the photo.

"That's Mommy and Daddy's new baby." I pointed out. Joe shared a look with me when she didn't reply.

"New baby?" Sophie asked, before shoving her thumb in her mouth. "No more Sophie?"

"Don't be silly." I replied, pressing a kiss against her head. "Of course we are keeping Sophie. We're just having another baby as well."

"You'll be a big sister." Joe told her as he took her little hand. She kept her thumb in her mouth, but kept her eyes on the picture. I bit my lip, feeling a little sad at what she was saying. "We will have a baby."

"Like Alena?" She whispered, looking at Joe with wide eyes. He nodded his head.

"Yeah, remember when Alena was a baby?" Joe asked her. She nodded her head in reply. "Mommy and Daddy will have one just like Alena. A little girl like you, a little sister. But it might be a boy, like Daddy. A brother."

"No thank you Daddy." She shook her head, making us smile. "Sister, like me please."

"We don't get to choose, Soph." I replied, running a hand against her head. "We just get given a baby. Boy or girl."

"Where baby?" She asked, pointing to the picture. She looked more interested, which made me happier. Her thumb was out of her mouth. "When baby coming?"

"The baby is in Mommy's belly." Joe whispered to her. She gasped in surprise, moving to sit on Joe's lap. She pushed my t-shirt up, looking at my stomach.

"I no see it." She pouted. I laughed at her softly. "Mommy, show baby."

"You can't see the baby, Soph." Joe told her. "The baby is in Mommy's belly. This is why we have a photo."

"Can Sophie have?" She asked, taking the picture off me. I nodded my head, pressing a kiss against her forehead. "Sophie is big sister."

"Yeah, she is." Joe wrapped his arms around his baby, squeezing her softly.

"Daddy, when's baby here?" She asked, wiggling out of his arms. She stood on Joe's legs, her hand wrapped in his hair.

"Not yet. A long time." He replied. Sophie wouldn't understand the concept of time, she was only 3. "I'll tell you when it's closer, okay?"

"Okay Daddy." She whispered, pressing a kiss against his lips. I smiled at the both of them, watching them have a cuddle.

"Now little miss Sophie." I said, grabbing hold of her waist and tickling her. Her giggles rang around the room, making both me and Joe laugh. "Do you want to go for a nap first? Or bath?"

"Nap please Momma." I nodded my head as she yawned. I scooped her up in my arms, winking at Joe. I walked up the stairs as she rested her head against my shoulder.

"Soph, how about we snuggle up in Mommy and Daddy's bed and have a sleep?"

* * *

"I can't believe the two of you just went to bed without me." Joe pouted as he pulled Sophie out of her car seat. She giggled as Joe put her on the floor. We watched her as she ran up the drive to the front door of her grandparent's house. "And you were asleep for almost 4 hours. Neither of you are going to sleep tonight."

"We will just let her run around for a bit." I said, opening the front door. I grabbed Sophie's hand and helped her into the house. "And I'm just generally tired so I'll sleep anyway." I pulled off Sophie's coat to reveal a jumper and leggings. When she will crash later, she'll want to be comfortable.

"Are we going to tell everyone?" Joe asked, as he took his coat off. I nodded my head as I took mine off. I handed Joe our two coats and he shoved them into the cupboard.

"Hey you three!" Kevin said as he walked out of the kitchen. "Are you planning on staying in the hallway all night?" Joe rolled his eyes and picked Sophie up. We walked into the lounge, where the rest of the family were spread out on the floor and couches.

"Hey." Denise shouted, making the attention turn to us. "How are you guys?"

"Good." I yawned, covering my mouth. This pregnancy had made me even tired than when I was pregnant with Sophie.

"You're going to be good fun tonight." Gabby rolled her eyes. I resisted to flip her off, but went and sat down next to Nick. Sophie jumped onto my lap, smiling at me.

"Be careful." I said to her. She gasped and clung onto my neck.

"Okay?" She asked, pressing her forehead against mine. I pressed a kiss against her lips, smiling.

"It's okay." I grinned at her. She nodded her head, before shifting so she was facing everyone. "So what's happening?"

"We're planning on getting pizza." Paul said, pulling a silly face at Alena, who was sitting on his lap. "And maybe a film later? When the little ones are asleep."

"Sounds wonderful." I replied, yawning again.

"Allie, you look like you could go home and go to bed." Danielle stated, before everyone laughed. I smiled in reply, feeling like I could.

"Me and Mommy had nap in big bed." Sophie said, grinning at everyone. "Nice."

"Was it?" Nick asked Sophie. She nodded her head. I turned to look at Joe who was sitting on the floor beside me. I nudged him softly and he turned to look at me. He winked and nodded his head.

"Soph, why don't you show everyone your photo?" Joe asked. Sophie gasped, jumping off my lap and onto Joe.

"Where Daddy?" She asked, patting his hand. "Where?"

"What photo?" Denise asked, narrowing her eyebrows. Joe discreetly pulled it out of his pocket and Sophie held it against her chest.

"Go and show Nana and Papa." I nudged her lightly. She ran over to Denise and Paul, waving the picture. She handed it to Denise, who almost immediately burst into tears.

"Soph is big sister!" She shouted. Everyone gasped and looked at me.

"We're having another baby." I said, grinning at all of them. Nick threw his arms around my neck, being the closest to me.

"Congratulations!" He shouted, right in my ear. I rolled my eyes at Joe, who was chuckling away as he hugged his dad. Hugs were given to both me and Joe and finally we were allowed to sit down.

"When did you find out?" Denise asked, wiping away her tears. I grabbed Sophie, as she ran around the room with Alena chasing her.

"Slow down." I told her. She groaned and wiggled out my arms, but still ran around the room. "Valentines day."

"You little-" Danielle said, pointing at me. "When I said you're the next one to have a baby, you knew!"

"I did." I grinned back. "But I wasn't going to say anything. I was only 2 weeks pregnant and he didn't know." I pointed at Joe. "I wanted him to know first."

"How far along are you?"

"About 11 weeks." I pushed my fingers through Joe's hair. He groaned, clearly enjoying it.

"So when is it due then?" Paul asked, smiling over at the both of us.

"Around 27th of November." Joe said, smiling. I knew he was happy about finally telling his family. I knew it had been killing him not to be able to. "We've decided to have another after the wedding. We didn't want to tell everyone in case it didn't happen."

"Obviously it did." Frankie muttered, not even taking his eyes off his phone. I rolled my eyes and launched a pillow across the room. It hit him in the face, making his drop his phone. "Hey!" He shouted at me. I stuck my tongue out at him.

"Be nice." I replied, smirking at him. "That's your niece or nephew you are talking about. You should be happy about it. Stop being so mean."

"Sophie." Frankie grabbed her as she ran around the room. "Do you think I'm mean?" He looked over at me, a smirk on his lips.

"No. Uncle Frankie is nice." She grinned at him, wrapping her arms around his neck.

"Mommy said I was mean." He told her. Everyone watched this interaction with smiles on their face. She gasped, turning around to face me. She stormed across the room and stood in front of me, her hands on her hips.

"Look how much she looks like Allie." Kevin pointed out. "Sophie only looks like Allie when she is angry." I leant over, punching him in the arm.

"Mommy!" Sophie shouted at me. I saw that Joe started to film what was about to happen. "Mommy, you being mean to Uncle Frank and Uncle Kev."

"Sorry baby." I held my arms out for a hug. She shook her head, taking a step back. She pointed her finger at me whilst I tried not to laugh. "What?"

"Sorry and kisses please." She told me. I smiled; when Sophie was in trouble, we'd put her on the naughty step and after her 3 minutes, we'd ask for kisses and a sorry. She clearly had been taking it in. "Now please Mommy." I stood up and pressed a kiss against Kevin's cheek.

"Sorry Kevin." I told him. He winked in reply, trying not to laugh as well. I walked over to Frankie, who automatically moved away. "Frankie, I've got to say sorry and give kisses. Sophie said so." He grumbled and everyone laughed, especially Denise and Paul. I leant down and pressed a kiss against his cheek. And then his other cheek.

"Get off!" He shouted as I covered his face with lip-gloss kisses. "Aleah, get off me!" I moved away, hearing everybody in fits of laughter. I walked back to my seat, laughing to myself. Sophie looked at me, smiling.

"Good Mommy." She replied. I grabbed hold of her, getting a hug. "Kisses." She asked. I pressed a kiss against her lips. "Kisses for baby?" She asked. I nodded my head and she laid across mine and Nick's lap, her head next to my belly. Joe quickly flipped his camera from filming to picture, getting ready to take a picture.

"She is such a good girl." Denise smiled as Sophie lifted my t-shirt. I nodded my head, grinning as she pressed kisses against my bare belly.

"Hello baby." She whispered. I played with her hair as she spoke to my belly. "I'm Sophie, your big sister." I gritted my teeth together, making sure I didn't cry. Nick patted my shoulder in a way of comforting me. Joe knelt in front of me, taking photos. I grinned at him, excited for the new chapter in our life. "Please be sister for me, thank you baby."

* * *

17th July 2017

"I forgot how much I hated sonograms." I complained as I fidgeted in the waiting room. Joe sighed, shifting Sophie on his lap. Today was the day we were going to find out the sex of the baby.

"Even your 3 year old is sitting nicer than you." Joe glanced over at me, a smirk on his lips. I rolled my eyes and as I went to reply, I got interrupted.

"Aleah Jonas." I grinned, happy that my appointment was now. I tried not to wet myself by pacing around a lot. It didn't help that I had a 5 month old baby pressing against my bladder. We followed the woman into the room. I hopped into the bed whilst Joe sat on the chair.

"Daddy." Sophie asked, pulling on his shirt collar. Joe looked down at her, a smile adorning his lips. "When are we seeing baby?" She asked.

"When the doctor comes in, princess." He replied, pressing a kiss against her head. "The doctor who we are seeing knows you."

"Me?" She gasped. We decided to have Doctor Coleman again. It seemed like a family thing to use her as our baby doctor. "How?"

"When you were in Mommy's belly, the doctor looked after you. She showed us your picture." Sophie clung onto Joe's t-shirt, staring at him with wide eyes.

"Wow Daddy." She said. The doctor walked in and Sophie jumped off Joe's lap and ran to her.

"I Sophie!" She shouted. The doctor stared at her for a few seconds before bending down. "'Member me?"

"I do remember you." The doctor ran her hand over Sophie's brown curls. "But when I saw you, you were this big." The doctor showed Sophie how big she was when she was born.

"Mommy is having baby." Sophie announced. Joe grabbed Sophie around the waist and pulled her onto his lap.

"I know." Doctor Coleman replied, winking at me. "Are we going to see if you're having a brother or sister?"

"Yes!" Sophie shouted. Joe told her to quieten down and she snuggled against him. "Please."

"Great." She smiled at Sophie before turning to me. "She's great Aleah."

"You should see her when we are trying to get her to go to bed. She's not so great then." I replied, leaning back against the bed.

"She'll grow out of it." Doctor Coleman replied, wrapped the blood pressure band around my arm. "That's great." She told me as she put the band back. "How have you been feeling?"

"A little more nauseous than I did with her." I nodded towards Sophie who was whispering to Joe. "But I've felt this one move around and kick."

"Wonderful." The doctor replied as she did a few more tests on me. "Sophie, would you like to come and see the baby?" The doctor asked as she finished with the tests.

"Please." She replied, shoving her thumb in her mouth. The doctor moved the bed so I was lying flat.

"Daddy can put you beside Mommy's head." She said, winking at Joe. Joe placed her beside my head whilst I lifted my t-shirt. She tucked a towel into the bottom of my jeans and squirted the gel on my stomach.

"What's that?" Sophie asked, looking at the gel.

"It's so we can see the baby." I replied, as Joe slipped his fingers into mine. "Are you ready baby?" I asked as the doctor placed the scanner on my stomach. The heartbeat thudded around the room, making Sophie look around. "That's the baby's heart." I turned to look back at the screen.

"There is baby's foot, leg, belly, arms and head." The doctor pointed out. I glanced at Sophie, who was just staring at the screen. I went to look at Joe to get his attention, but he was looking at the screen too. I laughed, turning back to the screen myself.

"You want to know the sex?" The doctor asked, looking at us. Joe frantically nodded, making me laugh once more."

"Congratulations-"

---

Everyone was gathered at my parents house, preparing for the BBQ that my Dad and Paul were doing. Sophie was fast asleep in the back of the car, having woken up early for our appointment.

"She isn't going to wake up anytime soon." Joe muttered, looking in his rear view mirror. I smiled at him as he pulled onto my parents driveway. I looked at all the cars that were parked on the drive.

"This is going to be a long day." I groaned, rubbing my head. After my scan, I started to feel a little worn out. "I don't think anyone will mind if I go to have a nap later."

"You can take the little one with you." I chuckled at Joe who was looking over at Sophie. "She's so lovely when she's asleep."

"She is." I sighed, rubbing my belly. Joe leant over, pressing a kiss against my cheek. I turned to him, confused at the random affection. "What was that for?"

"Because you are my wife and you've given me the two greatest gifts ever." I grinned at Joe's random declaration.

"I love you, you idiot." I leant over, pressing a kiss against his lips. "Now let's get inside. We are so hungry."

"Grab Sophie's bag will you babe?" He asked as he climbed out the car. I nodded my head, moving around to the trunk of the car, pulling out the princess backpack. It was filled with toys and books, as well as a spare pair of clothes, just incase something happened. "Come on princess." Joe whispered as he pulled Sophie from her car seat. She didn't even wake up, just dropped her head against his shoulder.

"Is she still alive?" I joked. Joe chuckled, shifting her in his arms. "I've never seen her sleep so heavily."

"She must have been excited." He replied as we walked up the driveway. I opened the door to hear everyone in the yard. I dumped my bag and Sophie's in the lounge and the three of us made our way into the yard. Everyone was sitting around on garden furniture.

"Hello." I waved, getting everyone's attention. They all turned to wave back at me. I was shocked that they all didn't jump down our throats about the sex of the baby. I turned to look at Joe, my eyebrows narrowing. "What the hell?"

"Maybe they forgot?" He replied, shifting Sophie in his arms.

"Like they would forget, they've been going on about it for weeks." I told him. I sat down on the chair next to my mom, who just smiled at me. Joe narrowed his eyebrows as he sat the other side of me. He rested Sophie against his chest, wrapping his arms around her. "Have we suddenly become invisible?" I asked loudly. Everyone turned to look at me, confused. "Is anyone going to ask us about the scan?"

"Oh god, that was today?" My mom asked, grabbing my hand. I nodded my head slowly, confused by everyone's shocked reaction. "I thought it was tomorrow."

"No today." I replied, looking around. "The 17th."

"I was told it was the 18th." Denise looked over at us, confused. "That's what Joe told me." I looked over at Joe, who was nervously biting his lip. I sighed when I realised that he had told everyone the wrong day.

"Sorry baby." He leant over the chair, pressing a kiss against my cheek. "I must have got confused."

"Idiot." I replied, rolling my eyes. "Didn't you begin to wonder where we were?"

"No." My dad said as he stood beside the BBQ. "Between you and Joe, you're always late."

"We aren't late." I pouted. I heard a snuffle come from Sophie and glanced over at her. She was bleary eyed as she woke up. "Hey princess."

"Momma." She grumbled, rubbing her eyes with her hands. Joe sat her up properly so she could see me. "Momma." She held her arms out for me. I leant over the arms of the chairs to grab her from Joe. She put her legs around my waist, resting her head against my chest, placing her hands on my growing stomach.

"So?" Danielle urged, waving her hands around. I looked at her, faking confusion.

"So what?" I replied, looking around at everyone, who were staring at me expectantly.

"How was the scan?" Danielle almost shouted, making Alena, who was sitting on her lap, jump.

"Oh." I waved my hand dismissively. "I mean everything is looking good. He has all his fingers-"

"He?!" My mom shouted, making me jump. "It's a boy?"

"Yeah, it's a boy." Joe replied, grinning at everyone. "We're having a boy."

"Brother." Sophie mumbled, still half asleep. I pressed a kiss against her head and rocked her softly.

"Yeah, they are pretty sure he is a boy." I told everyone as they grinned at us.

"Saw his junk and everything." Joe said. I rolled my eyes, leaning over to slap him arm. "What? We did!" He defended himself.

"But I don't think that the entire family needs to know that." Joe just grinned at me in reply. "But yeah, we're having a boy."

"I'm so excited!" Danielle clapped. I looked at her, my eyebrows narrowed. I had no idea where that had come from. "Finally a boy. I thought because these lot were boys, our children were going to all be girls."

"You are a little weird, Dani." I replied, shifting Sophie so she laid in my arms, like a tiny baby. She stuck her tongue out at me; Alena copying her.

"No, don't do that!" Danielle said, turning her daughter in her lap. "It's not very nice."

"Mommy did it." She replied, looking at Danielle with her wide, brown eyes.

"It's a not very nice thing to say." Danielle said to her two year old. I glanced over at Kevin, who wasn't looking at the interaction between his wife and his daughter. He had his hand clapped over his mouth, trying not to laugh.

"Mommy sorry to Aun'ie Al." Alena pointed at me. I tried not to smirk at Danielle who looked over at me, a look of anger at me.

"Sorry Allie. That was mean of me." Danielle said. I grinned at her before she turned to her daughter. "Better?"

"Mmm." Alena replied, shuffling off Danielle's lap and walking off. I winked at Danielle as Alena went over to Paul.

"She is bossy, isn't she?" I offered, sending Danielle another wink. "Sounds like Danielle."

"I am not bossy." She pointed at me. "Kevin, tell her I'm not bossy." I burst into laughter at Danielle who had just proven my point. Whilst laughing, I'd managed to wake up Sophie.

"Hey baby." I said, sitting her up properly. She looked around at everyone, before hiding her face against my chest. "What's wrong?" I asked, smoothing her hair down. Everyone went back to chatting and Joe turned to look at the both of us.

"Is she okay?" He asked quietly, shifting his chair towards us. I shrugged my shoulders, moving her so I could see her face. Her cheeks were flushed and her hair was damp from sweat. I glanced at Joe, biting my lip. "She doesn't look good." I shook my head, agreeing with him.

"Baby, do you feel poorly?" I asked, pressing a kiss against her warm forehead. She nodded her head, sniffling as tears poured down her cheeks. Joe grabbed her bag, pulling her teddy out and a packet of tissues. He shifted his chair so it was siting right beside us. He gave her the teddy and she hugged it to her chest. He wiped away her tears as she sniffled away.

"What hurts princess?" Joe asked, holding her hand. She pointed to her throat and her ears. I sighed, hugging her closely.

"Mom." I called her, softly so I wouldn't disturb Sophie anymore. She looked over at me, smiling. "Have you got a thermometer? And some baby medicine?"

"What's wrong?"

"We've got a sick little girl."
♠ ♠ ♠
:')
This story is nearly finished, but there is a sequel.
How would you feel about that?