First Time

Eight.

We had been on tour for three weeks and we were finally in California. I was excited to see my parents again whereas Joe wasn't. "Can't I just stay here?" He complained as he pulled on the collar of his shirt. "I think I'll be safer here."

"Shut up Joe." I said as I pulled my dress over my stomach. I had hit the 18 week mark 3 days ago. "You'll be fine." I walked out of our room and grabbed my purse. "Now come on, otherwise we will be late."

"As if it isn't going to be torture enough, we are going to be late too." He picked up the keys to the car we had managed to temporarily get and we walked out of our hotel room. We walked over to Denise and Paul's room and knocked on the door. It opened from the other side and revealed Paul.

"Hello you two." He said, pressing a kiss to my cheek and giving Joe a hug. "We are just waiting for Nick and Gabby."

"No surprise there then." I muttered, sitting down on their couch next to Kevin.

"You look tired." He stated, making me roll my eyes.

"Wow, thanks Kev." I said, clearly sarcasm. "I haven't been sleeping too well at the moment. I can't get comfortable."

"That sucks." Danielle said, giving me a sympathic look.

"It's my body getting ready for me to be awake every hour or so." I yawned, making everyone laugh. I watched Joe as he paced the room. I sighed. "Joe, calm down. It's going to be fine."

"I really hope so." He muttered, running a hand through his hair. "Oh god, why does today have to be the day we get off?"

"Joe." I said, standing up. I brushed my hand across his shirt, pulling at it. "I am happy. My parents know that. They are happy." Joe sighed and nodded his head. He wrapped his arms around my shoulders, pulling me close.

"There is someone in the way of this hug." He muttered into my head. I laughed, pulling away. He ran a hand down my stomach, grinning to himself. "Only 2 weeks until we find out what you are, baby Jonas." I knew that everyone was watching us and was so glad when Nick and Gabby walked in.

"Let's go." Paul clapped his hands, making us all run around and grab things. I gave Joe one more confident smile and we all walked out, climbing into the elevator.

"Maximum 8 people." Frankie pointed to the sign in the elevator, making us all look. "Sorry Allie, you'll have to leave. You are classed as two people." We all laughed as the lift got to the bottom floor. We all shuffled out, and into the cars waiting outside. Nick and Gabby climbed in with us.

"So Joe, how are you feeling?" Nick asked, as Joe pulled away. We made sure that the hotel wasn't too far away from my parents house. We only had today to spend with them which made me sad, until Denise pointed out it was the end of November and it would only be 2 months until they moved to New York.

"Really Nick?" I asked, turning in the passenger seat to look at him. "You know he is as nervous as hell, stop winding him up."

"Thanks." Joe whispered to me. I shifted back into my seat properly. I moved my seat belt, it digging into my big belly.

"Will your brother be there?" Nick asked. I shrugged my shoulders.

"I don't think so." I replied. My brother was a pain anyway, with Nick ganging up on Joe, he would be the first to join in. "I think he is stuck at college all day. I know he is coming out when mom and dad first move."

"At least that's one of the James men I don't have to face." I looked at Joe, laughing softly.

"If you are scared of my brother, Joe, I'm worried about you." I replied, smiling at him. "Even I'm not scared of him."

"Whatever." Joe mumbled. I gripped his shoulder, giving it a squeeze.

"Stop worrying." I said, patting it. "Everything will be fine. If anyone says anything out of place, I'll say something. They shouldn't, but if they do, I will lose it. I will go all crazy pregnant lady on the butts."

"Nice Allie." Gabby laughed from her seat in the back of the car. "I think I might unleash this new side of you." I heard Joe release a breath as we pulled into my road. I sent him a confident smile and tried to hide my excitement. I knew Joe was worried about seeing my parents but I was excited. It had been 6 weeks since I had seen my parents.

"Here we go." Joe muttered as he pulled onto the drive. I struggled out of the car and walked to the front door, knocking. I knew everyone else was getting out of the car because I could hear them.

"Dad!" I shouted as he opened the door. I threw my arms around his neck, hugging him.

"Hi." He patted my back. I heard my mom walk towards us and I let my dad go to hug her.

"Look at you!" She said, putting her hands on my stomach. I grinned at her. "Oh." She straightened up and look at the door. I turned to see my dad and Joe, just standing there, with the rest of the Jonas family behind.

"Dad." I warned him. Both the major men in my life looked over at me.

"Mr James." Joe said, his voice strained. I felt slightly bad for putting him in this situation.

"Joe." My dad replied, shaking his hand. I swore I saw everyone release a breath of air. He invited everyone in and we made our way to the lounge. Somehow me, Joe, Nick, Gabby, Kevin and Danielle managed to fit onto one couch.

"It's fine." I said, running my hand across the back of Joe's head. He nodded his head, before turning to me and smiling. "Good."

"How are you baby?" My mom asked, almost cooing me.

* * *

"Hey mom." I said, walking into the kitchen. She was making us all lunch and Denise was helping her. Everyone else was in the garden, enjoying the little bit of sun. I struggled onto one of the stools, making the two women laugh. "And Denise."

"How have you been sweetie?" Denise asked, smiling at me as she cut up some carrots.

"I've been fine." I replied, grabbing an apple out of the bowl. My mom gave me a stern look. "What? Me and baby need it."

"Can you believe it?" My mom said, looking at Denise and smiling. "We are going to be grandmothers."

"It is the best feeling, isn't it?" They both stared at me, a smile on both their faces. "And the weirdest. Our children are having children of their own now."

"It seems like yesterday they were waddling around in their diapers." My mum replied, making us laugh. "I think things will become real when we find out what they are having."

"I can't wait." I said, taking a bite of the apple I had. "Just to know if I'm having a daughter or a son."

"Oh Allie." I looked at my mom to see her tearing up. I climbed off the stool and hugged her. "You are growing up so fast."

"Mom, I'm nearly 24." I replied, letting her go. "I think I grew up a while-" I stopped. Over the last few days, I had this feeling in my stomach. For the first day, I thought I was hungry, but now, after reading through my pregnancy book, I knew it was the baby moving.

"What?" My mum asked, leaning forwards, holding my stomach in her hands.

"Get Joe." Denise ran out, screaming for Joe. I knew that wasn't the best thing to say, but it was a quick way.

"Allie!" Joe ran in, Denise, Paul and my dad following. "What's wrong?" I could hear the panic in his voice. I shook my head, grinning at him.

"I can feel it." I said, making everyone simultaneously release a breath of air. "I can feel our baby moving." Joe walked over to me, the biggest smile on his face.

"Really?" He put both hands on my stomach. "What does it feel like?"

"Like butterflies." I replied. I saw our of the corner of my eye that our parents were walking out of the kitchen, leaving me and Joe alone. "I can feel it flipping in my stomach."

"Oh my god." He said, rubbing my bump. "Hey baby." He knelt on the floor, his face right next to my stomach, his hands still attached to it. "You are letting mommy know that you are here, aren't you? Well, soon you'll have to let daddy know. And everyone else. Just so we know that this is all real. We will see you soon, okay? And then we will stop calling you 'it' and we can think of a name." I rested my hand on the back of his head, smiling down at him. "You aren't even here yet and you are so loved, by everyone." Joe pressed a kiss against my showing belly. I let out a content sigh and Joe stood up, putting his hands on either side of my face. "I want you to know that I am so happy, Allie." He pressed his lips against mine; the both of us smiling into it. I wrapped my arms around his neck, pulling him closer. We heard a gasp from the doorway and we pulled away. Standing there was our moms, looking rather shocked.

"What-?" Denise said, shaking her head in confusion. "What's going on?" I looked up at Joe who was bright red.

"Look." I said, holding my hands up. I didn't have a clue how I was going to explain this. "This, between me and Joe-"

"Are you getting back together?" My mom asked, straight out. Over the last few weeks, the feelings I had for Joe had increased. And with all the kissing and cuddling, it made me feel safe and warm.

"No." Joe said, making me narrow my eyebrows at him. I knew that my mom and Denise caught my facial expression, but Joe didn't. "Nothing is happening between us."

"Okay." Denise said, looking at me as she spoke.

"We should carry on with the food." My mom said, looking at me sympathetically. "Excuse me." They both walked back to the counters. Joe looked down at me, while I stared at the wall. We went from having a really touching moment to then having one that made me sad and feel pathetic.

"I'll be back soon." I said, to anyone that was listening. I walked upstairs and went to the toilet. I took a deep breath before opening the door. I walked into my old room, seeing it was the same as it was when I moved out. Pictures covered the wall, almost like wallpaper. Pictures from me at school, family, friends. I smiled, thinking about them before I sat on my bed.

"Hey." I looked up to see Joe standing in the doorway. I gave him a fake smile before he walked in, shutting the door behind him. "What was that all about?"

"What?" I asked, trying my best not to sound annoyed at him. That was the last thing I wanted.

"You, just walking out."

"I had to go to the toilet." I said, picking at the blanket on my bed.

"Not that, Allie." Joe said. I didn't look at him, I just looked over the photos on the wall. "That was just an excuse, I know you better than that. Something else is bothering you."

"Joe, I'm fine." I turned to him, a small smile on my lips. I knew he didn't believe me.

"I'm not stupid." He replies, shaking his head. "Is it that our moms walked in? Allie, that isn't anything to get worked up about--"

"It isn't that, Joe." I ran my fingers through my hair.

"It's what I said to them, isn't it?" He asked. I sighed, and when I didn't reply, he spoke again. "Yeah, it's what I said. I know it."

"Yeah it was Joe." I stood up, getting stressed out. He looked at me confused.

"I thought that's what we agreed, Allie." He said, his voice really soft. "I thought it's what we both wanted."

"I don't know what I want." I replied, folding my arms over my chest. Joe narrowed his eyebrows at me. "For the last couple of weeks, it's been different between us. And you made me feel happy and I feel safe around you. I don't know."

"Sit down." He grabbed my hand, pulling me back to the bed. "I'd love to start this again with you Allie. Especially with a baby on the way."

"I feel there is a 'but' coming on." I muttered, sweeping my hair out of my face.

"But I haven't forgot that you walked out on me." I swallowed back the guilt that suddenly rose up. "I can't forget it, Al. I can't trust you as much as I did. It almost killed me to wake up the morning after to see that you had gone. I have never felt so weak and pathetic. The fact that I wasn't enough to keep you around."

"You were, Joe. You so were." I said, feeling like I was going to break. "It was me. I wasn't enough to stay around."

"It hurt so much seeing you on my doorstep again. My chest felt like it was being crushed and I couldn't breathe. I never thought I'd see you again, I convinced myself of it." I looked at Joe to see tears gathering in his eyes. He took a deep breath, shaking it away. "I don't want to have to do that to myself again. I don't want to have to forgot about you."

"You won't ever have to." I said, taking his hand. "You can't. I'm the mother of your child." He let out a soft laughing, shaking his head.

"This." He squeezed my hand. "Where we are now, is safe. We know what we mean to each other so we wait. We wait and see if anything happens. We leave it to fate."

"Fate." I nodded my head, taking a deep breath. "Okay Joe."

"Okay Allie." I turned to him and smiled. "We should go back downstairs, everyone might think that we are up to something, locked away in your bedroom."

"I'm already pregnant, Joe. It can't get any worse." We both burst into laughter. Joe stood up, holding his hands out to me. I grabbed them and he pulled me up and into a hug. I felt him press a kiss against the top of my head. I smiled. "Let's go." I pulled myself away from him and walked down the stairs. I heard voices coming from the lounge and I wandered in, Joe following me. "What happened to outside?" I asked when I saw everyone but my mom, Denise and Paul was sitting on the couch.

"It rained on us." Gabby pouted. I laughed and went to sit by my dad. I saw the hesitant look Joe gave me before he went and sat next to Nick. 

"Is he treating you properly?" My dad muttered in my ear, looking over at Joe. I rolled my eyes.

"Dad, are you seriously asking me that?"

"I need to know." He replied, looking at me. "I'm your father, I'm allowed to."

"He has been wonderful." I replied, glancing over at Joe, who was telling a story using his hands a lot. "He was there when I was sick. He would sit with me when I couldn't sleep. He couldn't have been any better."

"I'm glad." I looked at my dad, who was smiling softly. "But the standard procedure still stands, I can and will kick his butt. Even if he is the father of my grandchild."

"I'll let him know dad." I replied, rolling my eyes at him but laughing anyway.

"You shouldn't have to tell him." My dad said, standing up. "He should know." With that, he walked out. I laughed, shaking my head. 

"What?" Kevin asked, looking over at me, making everyone else look at me.

"My dad." I was still laughing softly. "He was just telling me that he will still kick Joe's butt if anything happens to either of us." I saw the panic cover Joe's face, making me laugh harder. "He was joking, Joe."

"He still scares me." He mumbled, making me laugh even harder.

"Food is served."

* * *

"Have you thought of any names yet?" My mom asked as we ate. I shook my head, finishing what I had in my mouth before speaking.

"Nothing yet." I replied. "I think after we find out the sex." I looked at Joe who nodded his head.

"It will be easier to choose a name when we know. Otherwise, we will be picking at so many names and it will take us forever." I laughed at Joe.

"It wouldn't." I replied, smacking him in the arm, making everyone laugh. "It would just be hard to pick a boys name and a girls name." 

"No, Allie." My dad piped up. "It would take you forever to pick a name for both a boy and a girl. Remember when we got you that hamster? And it took it almost 3 weeks to give it a name." Everyone laughed, making me blush. "So imagine trying to name a baby that you will have forever."

"I've made one decision about the name." I said, taking another bite of the chicken. "It's having Jonas as it's last name." Everyone looked at me.

"When did you decide that?" Kevin asked, looking at me.

"The day we told Denise and Paul." I replied, shrugging my shoulders. "It feel like it is the right thing to do. Tradition dictated my decision."

"So it has to go with Jonas?" Gabby smirked, making us all laugh.

"That might be an interesting one to work out." I scratched my head. "We should start a list of names we like. When we find out."

"I know you'll go through it and cross out every name that you don't like." Joe muttered.

"Our child isn't having a name that will get it bullied for the rest of its life." I replied. I sat back, the feeling of the baby moving made it uncomfortable to eat. Joe wrapped his arm around my chair, smiling at me. "And if you say Tricess to me, Joseph, I will kill you." He pouted and slumped in his chair.

"So, what day is your next scan?" My dad asked, looking up at me.

"3rd. We are flying back to New York on the 2nd and then going for the scan the day after. Then we fly to Boston the same day." I informed them.

"That will be a busy 2 days." My mom pointed out. I nodded my head.

"And they have a show that night as well." I replied. "So Joe is going to be even worse than I am."

"You can sleep on the plane." Denise replied, pointing her fork at Joe. "Because I am not having you grumpy all day."

"I will not be grumpy all day." Joe stuck up for himself. "I will know if I am having a son or daughter. I will be happy."

* * *

It hit 11pm and we all started to fall asleep. Frankie was leant against Kevin's legs, sitting on the floor, asleep. "We had better go." Paul announced. I nodded my head, knowing that me and Joe were falling asleep against each other. I stood up, nudging Joe as I did. We all shuffled around in a sleepy haze and grabbed our things. I walked over to my mom, hugging her.

"I'll see you at Christmas, we are coming to New York then." I nodded my head, smiling at her. "Look after yourself and my grandchild."

"I will, love you mom." I pressed a kiss against her cheek and moved onto my dad, who gave me the exact same speech. Everyone else hugged my parents, telling them they will see them at christmas. We walked out the front door, but my dad grabbed Joe's arm. I stopped, as everyone else got in the car. Me, my mom, dad and Joe stood outside their house.

"Look after her, Joe." My dad said, making me smile softly. "Look after the both of them." Joe looked over at me, smiling.

"I will, I promise." He shook my dad's hand, giving my mom a hug before I smiled at my dad.

"Well done dad." I whispered as Joe walked to the car. "I'll ring you once I've had the scan." I said my goodbyes again before climbing into the car. I looked at Joe, smiling.

"What did your dad say to you, Joe?" Nick asked as Gabby fell asleep on his shoulder.

"How is she asleep?" I replied, ignoring him. "We have only just got out the driveway." I glanced over at my old house, passing by.

"We didn't go straight to sleep last night." Nick informed us. Joe looked over at me and smirked. "Not that. We were talking about our feelings."

"Lovely." I replied, screwing up my nose. "Aren't you a lucky boy?"

"It was really nice, before you go and get all disgusted." He replied, sneering. "I told her I loved her."

"You did?" I cooed, turning in my seat to look at him. He nodded his head.

"It was wonderful, Al." He said, almost in a state of awe. "I never thought we would get that far."

"We did, so shut up. I'm trying to sleep here." Gabby muttered, making me laugh. Nick wrapped his arm around her, pressing a kiss against her head. I turned back and looked at Joe.

"You did good today." I whispered to him. He glanced at me quickly, smiling. "With my parents. You had it under control."

"Thanks." He muttered in reply. I knew he didn't want Nick or Gabby to hear us talking. "It wasn't as bad as I thought."

"Good." I replied, sending him a small smile. "I never wanted it to be awkward for you Joe."

"It was, to start with. And then when you went in to speak with our moms, we had a chat." I turned to look at Joe so fast, that I could have given myself whiplash.

"What?" I stuttered. Joe glanced over at me, a smile on his face. "What happened?"

"Be quiet Al." Joe said, keeping an eye on the road. I knew we were only around the corner from the hotel. "I'll tell you later, I don't want other ears hearing about it." I glanced over my shoulder at Nick and Gabby, who were dozing off.

"That makes it sound like he threatened to kill you, Joe." I laughed to myself. We pulled up at the hotel, getting out as fast as we could. The 9 of us climbed into the lift, none of us talking as we were so tired. When we got to our floor, we all went our separate way. I climbed onto the couch, curling up as much as my stomach would let me. "So what did my dad say to you?" I asked as Joe made us tea.

"First of all, he started by saying how glad he was with us being adults about the situation." Joe said, stopping to pour the water in the cup. "And then he went on to say how you were his baby girl and how I better look after you and stuff." Joe handed me my tea and sat beside me. I took a sip while I waited for him to carry on. "And then after a bit of silence, he said he was glad that out of everyone it was me who got you pregnant. Because he knew that even after all this time, we would be together. A bit like fate, he said."

"Fate." I replied, shaking my head, laughing myself. Joe grinned at me.

"Fate." We both sat back, drinking our tea in silence. "Has baby Jonas stopped moving?" He asked, putting the cup down on the table in front of us.

"I think it's finally settled down. All through dinner, it wouldn't stop moving. I think someone wants to be noticed."

"We notice you baby." Joe rubbed my stomach before standing up. "I'm off to take a shower." He pressed a kiss against my forehead before walking into the bathroom. I walked into my room, changing into a t-shirt. I was too hot for anything else to wear. I climbed into my own bed, thinking that Joe wouldn't join me due to our earlier conversation. I was just about to fall asleep when Joe walked in. "Hey." I sat up slightly to look at him through the darkness.

"Hey." I blinked at him. "What are you doing in here?"

"The question is, what are you doing in here? And not in my bed." Even though I couldn't see him very well, I knew he was smirking.

"I just thought tonight you weren't going to stay with me. Because of earlier." I drifted off the conversation. Joe turned on the lamp on, making me squint at the brightness.

"That shouldn't affect us." He said softly. He sat beside me, holding my hand. "It didn't stop us before, why should it stop us now?" I nodded my head. "I don't think that I can sleep without you or our baby. So if you don't mind, I'm going to crawl into the other side of the bed and hold you both until we fall asleep? Got it?"
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks a bunch for reading. Please review :")
Next chapter: Finding out the sex.