First Time

Nine.

As the last notes of Burnin' Up played, I glanced over at Joe who winked at me. It was currently the 2nd of December and our flight was in 3 hours. We had to go back to the hotel and get our suitcases and Joe had to have a shower. Everyone else was flying out the early hours of tomorrow morning while we were in New York. "Thank you and goodnight!" One of the boys screamed before they came running off the stage. I let out a yawn, making Danielle laugh. 

"Leave me alone." I muttered, running my hand through my hair. We all started to walk to the buses quickly so we didn't get caught out by the fans. We all got on our correct bus and off we went. I sat on the couch, resting my hands against my stomach. Gabby sat beside me, the two of us as far away from the two men as they were still sweaty. They sat together at what we called our kitchen table.

"Charlotte." Joe said to me, making Gabby and Nick look between us confused.

"No, cousin Charlotte." I replied. "Isaac."

"I like that." Joe said, smiling at me. 

"Have we missed something?" Gabby asked, looking between us. I laughed.

"We have been trying to think of baby names." I informed them. "So we have just been spouting names at each other."

"That's actually a good idea." Nick said, smiling at us. "Have you got a list then?"

"Yes but you aren't allowed to see it." Joe sang, making me laugh. "You'll just have to wait until baby is born."

"What?" Gabby squealed, making me wince. "You're going to pick a name and then just not tell us."

"You're going to know the sex, I think that's good enough." I replied. "Or would you like us to hold back on that as well?"

"You two are so mean." She pouted. "Denise will have something to say about this."

"No she won't." Joe replied. "She didn't tell us Frankie's before he was born. We are just putting her through we she put us through."

"That was 13 years ago Joe." Nick laughed.

"And I haven't forgot it, Nicholas." He replied, sending him a wink. I stood up, stretching slightly.

"What's up?" Gabby asked, picking up my pregnancy book I left there earlier.

"The move I stay still, the more the baby moves." I told them. "So when I'm asleep, it gets worse."

"Is that why you aren't sleeping?" Nick asked, opening a can of diet coke.

"A mixture of that and the fact that I can't get comfortable. I can only sleep when I'm hugging a pillow. Your mom told me about that." I smiled.

"She keeps me awake." Joe muttered, taking a long sip of his water. I walked over, taking the bottle of him and taking a sip. "Hey!" He shouted, snatching it back off me. "It's got Allie germs on it now."

"Really?" I said, pointing to my 20 week sized belly. "You're worried about me drinking your water?"

"Yes." He muttered, taking another sip of it. I let out a yawn. "You can't be tired, we still have another 2 hour flight." I shook my head, walking back down to sit on the couch.

"You're saying it like it is a shock to me." I replied. "However, I will be asleep the whole way there."

"You've done nothing today, Al." Joe replied, sounding shocked. "I've just done a show."

"I'm carrying around unnecessary weight. My bladder is being used as a punch bag and my ankles are swollen. So shut up." I replied.

"Alright you two." Nick sighed, standing up. "Enough. You both can sleep on the plane. Now get off the bus." I rolled my eyes at Nick, who sounded like a parent. I grabbed my bag, the only thing that I took with me and walked off the bus. Luckily, they had parked around the back of the hotel. I waited for everyone before we stumbled into the hotel. We got into the elevator and it took us to the right floor.

"Get ready and get your stuff. Then come to our room." Paul said. Me and Joe nodded our heads and then walked into our own room. Our shared suitcase sat in the doorway. Seeing as we were only packed for tonight and tomorrow, we decided not to take too much stuff with us. Everything else can travel on the buses.

"I'm off to have a shower." Joe informed me before taking off. I sat on the couch before stretching out. I let myself take a short nap while Joe was in the shower. My nap was cut short due to the fact that I had a moving baby inside me. I started to pace the room, trying to stop the moving. "Why are you pacing?" Joe asked, walking in, fully dressed with damp hair.

"Your baby doesn't appreciate that I was lying down." I said. The moving was calming down.

"My baby?" Joe asked, chuckling to himself.

"Yeah, your baby, Joe." I replied, stopping walking to look at him. "When it stops moving, it will be our baby."

"My baby who won't let me feel it moving." He pouted. Ever since I felt the baby move inside me, Joe had been really jealous. The kicks and movement hadn't made their way all the way through and it was annoying Joe.

"I know. But it shouldn't be too long now." I replied, smiling at him. "Tomorrow, we might be able to see baby Jonas moving."

"Tomorrow, we might be able to find out what we are having." Joe grinned back at me.

"I have a good feeling that we will. I feel like good luck with this baby." Joe walked over to me and wrapped his arms around my stomach. "It's stopped moving."

"Must be daddy's touch." Joe whispered.

"Then you are staying around." I laughed. "Because all this wiggling around is making me feel uncomfortable."

"C'mon, we have got a baby to see." We unwrapped each other from the others arms and Joe picked up the suitcase. All the stuff Joe wanted on the plane, he put it into my handbag, along with my stuff. We walked to Denise and Paul's room and slipped inside. Everyone but Nick and Kevin sat on the couches. I assumed they were in the shower after the show.

"Hello you two." Denise said as we sat down on the couch. "When are you going?"

"In about 10 minutes." Joe replied, looking at his watch. "The car should be waiting for us."

"What time is your flight?" Danielle asked, taking a sip of what looked like hot cocoa.

"In about 3 hours." I replied. She nodded her head. I leant against her arm, shutting my eyes. "And up I get." I replied, after getting a quick jab in my stomach. I stood up and started to walk around the room.

"Again?" Joe asked, looking over at me where he was wedged in between Gabby and Frankie. I nodded my head, rubbing my belly.

"What is it?" Frankie asked, as everyone watched me.

"Baby Jonas doesn't like it when I'm sitting down." I replied. Joe stood up and wrapped his arms around my waist. Almost straight away, the moving stopped. "And Joe's touch stops the baby moving."

"Have you tried singing to the baby Joe?" Denise asked.

"I haven't thought about that."

"It might work. Baby will recognise your voice and start moving for you." Denise grinned at the both of us.

"So I guess you haven't felt it kick yet?" Paul asked, sending Joe a sympathetic smile. He shook his head, rubbing small circles into my stomach. I relaxed in his arms.

"Not yet." Joe replied, sounding very loud in my eat. "Allie can feel it moving but it hasn't made its way to the surface yet."

"I think that this baby is one that is going to need rocking to sleep." I replied. "If I sit down for too long, baby starts getting agitated and fidgets. So when I stand up and stop walking, it slows down. But if Joe's there, it stops automatically."

"You'll have your hands full then." Denise laughed. Joe's phone rung in my bag and he dashed to get it. He muttered the word 'okay' and looked back over at me.

"Ready? The car is here." I sighed, turning to hug everyone. Nick and Kevin walked in just in time. "I'll see you tomorrow, when you will know if it's a boy or a girl."

* * *

It just hit 2am when we arrived at our house. The both us were totally knackered and were falling asleep as we walked up the stairs. Joe dragged the suitcase into his room as I fell on the bed. "Here." He said, throwing some clothes at me. I slipped into them, not even bothered by the fact Joe was in the room. I slid under the covers as Joe got ready. I rubbed my stomach as the baby started to move. "Abigail?"

"Yeah." I mumbled in reply. "I like it."

"Baby moving again?" He asked as he slipped into the bed, handing me a pillow. I tossed it behind my head, not ready to move yet. Joe placed his hand on my stomach, rubbing the palm of his hand against it. He shifted so that his face was above my stomach. "Do you think I should sing? To the baby I mean?"

"If you want." I yawned, running a hand through Joe's hair.

"What do I sing?" He sounded like a nervous child that was being forced to sing to the family.

"Try Love Is On Its Way." I mumbled, in between consciousness. "It's my favourite."

"I know it is." Joe glanced up at me, a massive grin on his face: "Of course I know that."

"Shut up." I grinned back. "Now sing so we all can get to sleep."

"Okay bossy." He laughed. I closed my eyes and I felt the bed shift. "So hold on another day. Cause love is on its way. You'll find it going to be okay-" Suddenly, Joe stopped. And I knew exactly why.

"Did you feel that?" I asked him, leaning on my elbow to look at Joe. I had felt a sharp kick to my stomach. He nodded his head.

"Right in my hand." Joe almost sounded in awe. "It hit me right in the hand, Al."

"Hand." I replied, holding mine out to his. He enclosed his in mine and I put it on my stomach, where our baby was kicking again. "I think we know how to get the baby moving, Joe." I laughed. Suddenly the tiredness had gone away with all the excitement. 

"Is this is what you've been feeling?" He asked as I felt kick after kick. It was slightly painful, but I was happy that Joe had finally felt our baby move.

"A little less painful than this." I muttered as a sharp jab hit.

"Sorry." Joe mumbled rubbing his hands all over my stomach. I started to feel more relaxed as he did it. The kicking slowed down so it was just a soft fluttering. "Better?"

"Much." I replied, smiling happily. "First kick Joe."

"The same day we might find out the sex." I could hear the smile in his voice. "Go to sleep, Allie. We have a long day tomorrow." I rolled over, slipping the spare pillow between my legs, falling asleep almost instantly.

Joe's phone alarm woke us both up with a startle. I groaned as Joe rolled over to turn it off. "It's too earlier. We have only slept for 6 hours."

"And the two hours on the plane. So technically, we have had 8 hours, which is plenty of sleep." He said, sitting up. I copied him, rubbing my eyes. "How you feeling?"

"Excited. Tired." I replied, sending him my best smile. "How about you?"

"Excited." He said, climbing out of the bed. I sat back and watched him as he pulled out our clothes, occasionally throwing my clothes at me. "Get dressed and I'll take you to McDonald's breakfast." I jumped out of bed and got ready as quick as I can. I walked downstairs to see Joe grabbing a bottle of water from the fridge.

"No." I said to him before he even opened his mouth.

"You have to." He replied, shoving the bottle into my hand. I rolled my eyes but started to drink the water. "That's better."

"Let's go." I said as I grabbed my bag. He grabbed the door keys and we walked out of the house. As we climbed into his car, I realised something. "What's going on? I mean, with the cars. You aren't leaving your at the airport are you?" He shook his head.

"Nope." He popped his lips as he drove onto the road. "A friend of mine is going to drop us off at the airport. It's okay." I nodded my head before drinking some more of my water.

"That's fine." I replied. I glanced down at my phone to look at the time. "We have 45 minutes until we have to be at the doctors, Mr Jonas. So how would you like to feed me and your baby?"

* * *

"I could eat that again." I said as we walked into the doctors. Although my bladder was full, it didn't take away from the food that we had just eaten. "Seriously, it was that good."

"It's McDonald's breakfast Al." He replied, laughing. We walked over to the desk, smiling at the woman behind it.

"Aleah James." I said. The woman tapped on the computer before smiling at me and Joe.

"If you would take a seat, Doctor Coleman will be ready to see you in a minute." I nodded my head, thanking her. Me and Joe went to sit on the plastic chairs.

"So what happens after we tell the family?" I asked, rubbing my stomach. It was something that I couldn't stop doing.

"What do you mean?" Joe asked, picking up a women's magazine and flicking through it.

"With the fans and stuff." I fidgeted, the chair making me feel slightly uncomfortable. "Do we tell them what we are having?"

"I'd like to." He replied, putting the reading material down to look at me. "I mean, they have been really supportive and I think they deserve to know."

"That's fine. Tweet it?"

"It's easier and it means that people won't get all intrusive." Joe replied.

"After we tell both parents. We can announce it tomorrow or something." Me and Joe both agreed.

"Aleah James." Another woman called, which lead to me standing up. I slipped my fingers through Joe's and followed the women into another, smaller room. "Doctor Coleman will be with you soon. If you would like to make yourself comfortable." I sat on the bed as the woman placed my notes on the side. She left with a smile on her face.

"Are you ready?" I asked, smiling at Joe. He nodded his head, our facial expressions matching the other. Doctor Coleman walked in, shaking both of our hands.

"How are you?" She asked, sitting on her stool.

"Pretty good really." I replied, grinning.

"Any movement?" She asked, flicking through my notes.

"Lots. Joe felt it last night for the first time. I've been feeling them for a while." I informed her.

"That's really great." The doctor replied. "Your pregnancy is really coming along. Let's check your blood pressure and then we can have a look at your baby." She wrapped the blood pressure thing around my arm. "That's absolutely great, Aleah. Do you want to lie back?" I did as she said, lifting my t-shirt up. "So today, do you want to know the sex of your baby?"

"Yes." Joe said, sounding like a child on Christmas. "Please."

"There might be a chance that I won't be able to tell, but seeing as we had such a good one last time with the heartbeat." She squirted the cold gel on my stomach and started to drag the scanner along it. Joe held hold of my hand, smiling to himself.

"Look at how much it has grown." Joe cooed. "And it's sucking it's thumb."

"She is sucking her thumb." I felt my heart stop. I looked towards Joe, who was looking at me. "It looks like you're having a girl. Congratulations."

"Seriously?" I asked, looking back at the screen. The doctor nodded her head. "Oh my god."

"Her heartbeat sounds wonderful. It doesn't look like there are any physical problems picking up. She seems healthy." The doctor told us. I felt my eyes tearing up. "Here." She handed me a tissue and I thanked her, wiping my eyes. "Copies?"

"3 please." Joe replied in answer to the question. The doctor froze the screen, taped a few buttons and left us alone. "Allie, we are having a little girl. She is a she."

"Yeah we are Joe." I replied, squeezing his hand. "She's having a little dance in there." I grabbed the towels off Joe, wiping my stomach. I sat up, pulling my t-shirt down. The cutest smile adorned Joe's face. I leant forwards, putting my hands on either side of Joe's face. "Your brothers owe me $100." Joe burst into laughter, before pressing a kiss against my lips. It had been a few weeks since we shared a kiss and this once was wonderful. It was soft and warm. "Okay baby girl. No need to kick me." I said, pulling away from Joe. He laughed as Doctor Coleman walked in.

"Here you go." She handed the photos to Joe before turning to me. "Okay. You are halfway through your pregnancy and you'll start to feel more tired, more heavy and more fed up. Don't forgot to let people help you, Aleah. If someone offers to make you food, let them. If this guy offers to give you a massage, let him." I laughed, giving Joe a pointed look. "You'll start to feel her moving around more. If you notice a change in pattens with her movement or she stops, come straight back here."

"Okay." I noted. She went onto explain some more things.

"You'll have to come back at 31 weeks, as she is your first baby. To check blood pressure and your size."

"You might have to have someone else come with you." Joe piped up. I nodded my head. I knew that would be around the time of the last few shows and they would be busy.

"So you've got everything you need." The doctor said, smiling at us. "Any questions?" We shared a look before shaking our heads. "Okay, I'll see you soon." We shook hands before leaving. I went to the toilet before joining Joe in the car.

"We are having a girl, Allie." Joe said as he started driving down the road. "A little girl."

"I know!" I said, getting excited. "Can you believe it Joe? In 20 weeks we will have her here with us." Suddenly my phone rang. I pulled it out to see it was my mom. "Hey mom."

"Hey baby. Me and your dad are on speaker. How did it go?" She replied.

"Pretty good." I replied, sending Joe a subtle smirk. "Your granddaughter is healthy." I heard my mom burst into tears and my dad cheer. "But you can't say anything to anyone. We are getting on a 12pm flight and telling everyone when we get back. So don't say anything."

"Okay." My dad replied. I could hear my mom crying in the background. "Congratulations both of you. We shall see you three soon. Love you." I said my goodbyes to my dad before throwing my phone into my bag.

"What did your mom and dad say?"

"Mom cried, dad said congratulations." I informed him, resting my hand over my stomach. Automatically, I felt our little girl kicking. "She is kicking up a fuss, daddy." Joe smiled.

"That's because we have stopped calling her 'it' now. She finally has a gender." Joe said as he pulled into the driveway. I climbed out of Joe's car, and we walked inside.

"How long have we got before your friend picks us up?" I asked, tossing my bag onto the table and then sitting on the couch.

"About 30 minutes." He replied, sitting next to me. He threw his arm around my shoulders, putting his other hand on my stomach. I felt the kicks soften and I smiled. "What do you want to do then?"

"I would like to sleep." I replied, shutting my eyes. Joe ran his hand from the top of my stomach to the bottom, making her jump. "But it seems like you two have other plans for me."

* * *

We climbed off the plane, finally landing in Boston. A car was already there when we got out. Joe threw the suitcase into the trunk of the car. We climbed into the car and saw Jeff in the front seat. "Hey you two." He said, making us smile. He pulled away almost immediately, getting us away from the airport.

"Hey dude." Joe replied, yawning. "What's happening today?"

"You've got soundcheck at 3pm. And then the show at 8. And then the same tomorrow." Joe nodded his head. "How did the scan go?"

"Yeah, everything is good." I replied, smiling at Joe. "I'm sure you'll find out later what we are having. We've just got to tell his family first."

"Makes sense." Jeff replied as we drove down the road.

"I'm sure Denise will go around and telling everyone on tour." I replied, smiling to myself. I could hear Joe's breathing getting heavier and I knew he was falling asleep. "We are planning on telling the fans tomorrow."

"Via twitter?" Jeff asked. I nodded my head.

"Yeah." I replied. I flicked my eyes over at Joe, seeing him fast asleep. I snapped a photo, saving it to my phone. "How was the flight this morning?"

"Nobody slept." Jeff informed me. "Which surprised me as they all normally go straight away. But everyone was too excited by your news." I laughed. "How was your flight?"

"We slept." I replied, laughing softly. "We had to be woken up. And then we got a taxi home and then Joe felt the baby kick for the first time."

"Seriously?" Jeff asked, actually interested.

"Yeah. Denise suggested singing to the baby." I had to refrain myself from saying her. And it was pretty hard. "So Joe sung Love Is On Its Way and I was used as a kick boxing bag."

"Lucky you." He replied, a deep laughing coming from his lips.

"Joe was so happy about it. He has been moaning about not feeling the kicks for weeks." I stated, looking over at him. "It couldn't have been better timing."

It took us 40 minutes to get to the hotel. I had to force Joe to wake up properly as there were fans all outside. He sighed and slipped sunglasses over his face. I knew he was tired and you could see it. Jeff opened my door, helping me out. Joe grabbed the bag and then my hand, him and Jeff covering me as we walked in. Jeff handed us a door card each. "You are on floor 4. I've got to sort something out down here." We nodded and walked into the elevator. We hit the forth floor and walked into our room. I threw my bag onto the table and pulled out one of the sonograms. Joe stood behind me, engulfing me in his arms. He rubbed my belly.

"How is our little girl?" He whispered in my eat. I smiled, covering my hands with his, holding tightly onto the picture we were about to deliver to his family.

"Settled down." I said quietly in reply. "I think she is sleeping."

"I still can't believe we are having a little girl, Allie." Joe whispered, making me smile. 

"We better go and tell your parents. I know they are probably waiting for us." Joe mumbled something in my ear. "What baby?" I replied.

"I just said that they can wait a little longer." I turned, a smirk on his face. "Drag it out."

"We can't." I replied, making the smirk drop. "I told my parents like 3 hours ago. It's unfair to keep your family waiting."

"Okay." He whined, making me laugh. Joe turned me around so that I was facing him. He knelt down on his knees, his face in line with my stomach. "We better go and tell everyone you are a girl, little lady." Joe pressed a kiss just above my belly button. I laughed, it tickling me through my t-shirt.

"C'mon." I wiggled my fingers at him. He stood up, entwining them together. I grabbed a key card and my phone and walked over to the room Jeff told us was theirs. I knocked on the door, Joe standing beside me. I slipped the picture in his back pocket, winking at him. Denise opened the door, grinning at the both of us.

"You're back." She stated, inviting the both of us inside. She hugged the two of us, and then Paul did the same. We sat on the couch as they stared at us. "And?"

"Don't you think that we should wait for everyone?" I offered. They both sighed and started to ring everyone. "Hey Frankie." I said as he ran in. He sat on the chair opposite us. Denise and Paul hung up their phones at the same time before offering us a drink. "I'll have a water." Paul handed me a bottle and I took a long sip of it. Joe took it off me, doing the same. Nick, Gabby, Kevin and Danielle walked in, smiling at us. "Stand up." I patted Joe's leg. He did and I slipped my hand into his back pocket. I handed the sonogram to Denise and everyone ran around to look at me.

"Bless, it's sucking it's thumb." Gabby pointed out. Me and Joe sat on the couch while everyone examined the photo. After it was handed around, they all turned to us, excitement written on their faces.

"Oh." Joe said, tapping my arm.

"Oh yeah, the sex." I said, like I had forgotten. "Looks like you will finally have a girl to spoil." Everyone got all excited, hugging us and putting their hands on my stomach.

"Woah!" Frankie said as he put his hand on my stomach. "What was that?" I smiled at everyone as they watched.

"Oh by the way, you can feel her kicking." And that was it. Everyone's hands attached themselves to my stomach. "Last night, Joe sang to her and started to kick."

"I told you it would work." Denise said. We waited but felt no kick.

"You were just doing it." I moaned at her. I flashed a look at Joe, who smiled at me. "She only reacts to Joe at the moment." He stood up and walked over to me. While everyone let go of the bump, Joe put his hand on it.

"C'mon, everyone wants to feel you kick, little girl." And so she did. Joe let go and Denise put her hand on my stomach.

"Oh wow. She's a mover." She pulled away for everyone to put their hands on my stomach.
♠ ♠ ♠
Yay! It's a little girl :3
Next chapter: Christmas Break and things are getting hotter.