Sequel: Starting Over
Status: This has been posted on this website and two others. It's beena huge success on the last two, so I hope you enjoy just as much as the others do!

Secrets

Chapter 14: Awkward

Alice's PoV

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

The whole rest of the car ride was silent. We pulled into a diner in the downtown area and got out of the car, following the guys to our table. The waitress who pulled us to the table and we all rushed to find our seats. In the end, I was in between Sammi who was on my left, and CC who was on my right. Ashley sat next to Sammi and Andy sat next to Ashley. Jinxx and Jake sat across from me while Ella and Jamie and Journee sat across from Andy and Ashley.

Our waitress came over and she looked to be in between her teens to her early twenties. She wore a plaid dress that went to her mid-thigh. Her shoes were high heels that were a dark shade of red that that matched her dark blood red lipstick. Her hair was in a tight bun, and her eyes held heavy makeup as her eyed traveled to all the guys at the round table.

She asked for what drinks we wanted and Ashley being the weird boy he was, started flirting with her.

"And what will you have doll face?" The waitress asked.

"I think I'll take your number and you for the night," Ashley said, winking his eye at a blushing waitress.

"I don't think so pretty boy. But I think I wouldn't mind spending some of my to.e with him," she said, pointing to an Andy.

Andy started laughing while everyone else at the table - including me - were trying to hold in our laughter. There was a course of "Oohs" and "Andy you rascal!" The waitress continued to speak.

"What's your name sweetpea?" Andy was holding I his laughter now, trying not to blush as doing so.

"It's Andy and I think you should go back to this guy with the flirting," he said, patting a red faced Ashley on the back.

"Nah. I think I'll stick with you, darling pie." I was now on the edge of my seat, about to explode from the ridiculous name.

"Eh. I'm not that interesting. You should spend a night with him over here."

"Whoa. Wait. . . I'm sorry do you have a girlfriend?!" The waitress looked a little nervous. We all burst out laughing.

When we all stopped, we were hit by the silence and worried looks Andy gave everyone. When everyone else shook their heads, Andy looked at me with a cheeky smile and tried his "puppy eyes" on me. I sighed.

"Well this is an awkward silence. . . Oh, and, Andy over there just got out of a relationship." Aft e r I was finished talking, I picked up the food menu and started looking at the delicious deserts I'd be getting. I wonder who'd pay if I ordered most of the deserts for myself. . .

"Oh. Are you his ex?" I dropped the menu and looked to everyone at the table. They were all looking at me smiling and holding in the chuckling. I loomed back up at the curious waitress and gave her a look of horror. I shook by head, making the braid fly side to braid behind me.

"No! No he got out of a relationship with someone else!" I waved my hands in front of me and Andy fell on the floor laughing. He will pay for this. For putting those weird puppy eyes on me and making me actually SAY something to a stranger for once.

"Oh! I'm so sorry! It's just when you said things were awkward and then you said he just got out of a relationship. . . I'm sorry! It just looked like you twilight have dated and my goodness! I'm so sorry!" The waitress went on and I hid my face in my hands. My hands were practically glued to my cheeks. They were burning with embarrassment! After a while, the waitress went to go retrieve the drinks we'd ordered and CC tried to pry off my hands. He failed shamelessly.

"Come on Alice! We need those hands off your face so we can say it straight that you and Andy look cute together!" I kicked CC from under the table and I heard Andy shout," Dude!"

I heard a few chairs be scraped against the fact pet before Andy said to CC who was still trying to get my hands off," Let me try. . ."

I opened my hands just good enough to see Andy kneeled in front of me, reaching for my wrists.

"No!" I screeched. I bolted out of my chair and kept my hands to my face. Andy and I ran around the restaurant, me holding my hands open just enough to see me not run into bypassers.

Finally, I ran back to our table and hopped into Sammi' s lap. She held me in her arms as Andy walked over. Andy smiled evily down at me before I could even realize what was happening. Sammi held me out to Andy and Andy scooped me up while CC and Sammi put their feet in my seat. Andy say down in his seat, me in his lap, as the waitress came over with our drinks. She laughed at me because I kept whacking Andy in the back of his head. He'd laugh every time I did this.

We all ordered what we want, me trying to get out of the cage Andy put me in when it was bis turn to order. Be ordered a setback with mashed potatoes and Mac and cheese. I looked up at Andy when it was my turn and asked, "How am I supposed to eat when your my seat?!"

He chuckled but whispered in my ear, " I'll let you sit back over in your seat after we order."

"Why after? Why not now?"

"Because I need to ask you something. But for now, order your darn food."

"Okay but first," I turned to the curious eyes of the round table. "Who's paying?"

Everyone shouted out, "Not me!" And Jinxx lost. He would pay for the deserts I was about to order.

I rubbed my hands together and looked at Jinxx with a small hissing that meant laughter. "Oh, no," I heard him say as he put his pointer finger and his middle finger at the bridge of his nose, pinching it slightly.

I turned back to the waitress.

"I'll have a double Pattie hamburger, large fries, a chocolate milkshake with whipped cream and a cherry on top, and a chocolate sundae with fudge and two bananas with a lot of nuts and sprinkles!" Everyone looked at me in astonishment. Andy poked me in the back of my shoulder.

"You are so light! How are you not crushing me?!"

"I dunno. All I know is my order was $45.97. Enjoy Jinxxy Winxxy!" I waved to him and he just simply pouted.

"What did I ever do to you?!"

"Nothing. I'm just hungry." I shrugged and then Andy pulled me closer to him. His whisper tickled my ear.

"I don't like that whenever we talk, we always get interrupted. So, will you go with me after this to the meadow out of town?"