Sequel: Starting Over
Status: This has been posted on this website and two others. It's beena huge success on the last two, so I hope you enjoy just as much as the others do!

Secrets

Chapter 16: Why Not?!

Andy's PoV:

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

I was a little shocked to hear Alice say it was one of her best memories. I just couldn't help but think that maybe she needs more friends.I was bound to get information out of her. She hasn't spoken one word of what Sammi and Ella have told her about me and I'd like to make a move so I know if I could have a big chance Sith Alice, or if I should ask Juliet out again.

It would tear me away if I didn't have one of these two girls in my life. Honestly, I think I i just found out I'm clingy.

"Andy? Do you like me?"

I whipped my head so fast, I put the future hover cars to shame.

"What?"

She looked down at the ground before sitting back down on the moss covered tree that fell over.

"Do you like me. . . In a romantic way?"

I gulped so loudly, she looked up and knew I was going to say yes. But I won't until I know what she will say.

"What if I said yes?" I asked, sitting down next to her, her eyes following my every move.

"I guess you'll have to say and find out." Damnit. She just had to be the one girl to be cunning.

"What if I said no?"

"Then you say no."

I glared.

"Well aren't you being a smart-ass?"

"Nope. Just trying to reel you in because you want to know things and so do I." And with that she got up and ran over to the waterfall. I watched as she climbed up the rocks and sat at the very top. She had to yell down at me.

"Ella and Sammi told me everything! I even heard your friends at the park to tell Sammi and Ella to tell me about you! You have nothing to hide because they already told me you like me!" I don't know when or how it happened but I found myself climbing up the sleek rocks until I reached the top.

"What?!"

"Yeah. No."

"Yes and no? What does that mean?"

"Yeah, they told me about you. No. . . Well, figure out smart one!" She flew her hands up in the air as she fell on her back on the rocks. I sat next to her, thinking hard about the unknown no. I hated the outcome when I figured it out

"No? Are you saying you don't like me back?"

"Bingo!"

My heart just shattered into a million tiny little pieces.

"What?" I huffed out

"You heard me." She hid her face as she said this. "Don't take it personally, it's just that I have my reasons and I'll tell you if you want to know, but don't take it personally. I just want to stay friends."

"What are the reasons?" I asked right after she was finished.

"Well, for one, we just met." Damn. Strike one. "Two, you just broke up with a girlfriend." Shit. Strike two. "And three, I just don't really like you that way." Boom! That hurt. I'm out of this game.

"Why not?!"

She looked taken aback.

"I don't know. It's just that I don't like you. Now stop acting like a four year old."

An idea popped into my head.

"What if I could take out two of those reasons?" She gave me a stern look. I just crossed the wrong home plate.

"And how will you do that?"

"Simple. I wait a few months, we get to know each other better, and it will be a long while after I got over Juliet! Beat that!" She smirked. Oh no. Please don't think of something that will make me lose this bet, please don't. . .

"You forgot, that after a few months, I still won't feel the same way, because I just want to be friends. Kàpish?"

"Is that a bet?"

"No. It's a warning. You either interfere with the dog over the fence, or you put the meat in and just walk away. What would you choose?" She asked, still having her smirk on her face, but holding out her hand for a deal

I looked at the hand, then looked back at her.

I smirked.

"You know what, I'm going by my own mind. I'm going to put the meat over the fence and jump over to get what I want," I said, gripping the hand in mine and shaking it, probably for a deal to hell for the next few months.