Sequel: Starting Over
Status: This has been posted on this website and two others. It's beena huge success on the last two, so I hope you enjoy just as much as the others do!

Secrets

Chapter 7: Stitching These Wounds

Andy's PoV
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Alice climbed into the back of the anmbulance, along with a couple of paramedics who carried in the jock that I ruthlessly beat up. I didn't know what came over me in Starbucs. It was like I didn't want anything to touch Alice on the planet. She seemed brave in the store, but when she stod up for herself in there, you could literally peel off the scared facade in her eyes if you looked close enough.

A paradmedic came over to me with a mini flashlight.

"Sir?" The paramedic asked. "Can we take a look at how bad your injury is?" I nodded my head and the paramedic began to flash the light on me, often dabbing water on his chin to take a better look under the blood. I probably had a broken chin and a bruised cheek. Possibly I had a black eye depending how bad my cheek was. The jock gave me his back hand somewhere during the fight, and his hand reached from my chin to my eye. It hurt like a fucker, but at least I could deal with it.

"Are you okay, Andy?" Came the small voice of Alice. I honestly regret asking her to come along. It's like everytime we go out somewhere to just talk, something or someone has to interupt us. It was kind of okay the first time, but now I'm starting to get pissed by it. Whoa. Why would I care? I really didn't have an answer for that, but I would figure it out soon.

The ambulance parked in front of the hospital and we walked - sort of - slowly towards the building. The jock only needed a few stitches in his knuckles for trying to punch the lights from me. His head would need a few bandages and his chin needed some ice. Other than that, he seems just fine, except for the fact he'll probably wake up, not remembering a thing from the alchohol.

We made it inside the hospital, and I was ushered to a room. Probably a small doctors office, telling from the stand bolted to the wall that held a few magazines. There was also a small bed in the corner for patients.

I walked over to the bed, Alice trailing close behind.

"Are you going to answer the question i asked like, ten minutes ago?" She said.

"Oh! Sorry! Um, yeah, I'm fine."

"Good," was all she said before a doctor came in. He motioned for me to sit down on the bed. Alice walked over to the chair in the corner, facing me.

"So, first things first; how did you get these injuries?" The doctor asked. He seemed concerned with the condition I was in. I was perfectly fine, though. I'd gotten into many fights before. This was just a kink in the metal.

"Fight with a douche you thought I was a fag and started charging at my friend over there," I said, pointing to Alice you gave a small smile. She was gripping her side. I'd wait 'til the doctor left to ask her how she was feeling.

"Okay. It seems as if you'll need an ice pack for your chin and three stitches for your chin, but other than that, you'll be free to go in an hour." I gave him a small smile before he got up and headed for the door.

Once I heard the door click shut, I stood up and walked over to Alice.

"What's wrong?" I asked her.

"Nothing. Why?" Her hand moved away from her side. The side her scar was on.

"Because you were gripping your side and I can tell when your lieing to me, Alice." She laughed and gripped her side again.

"It's just hurting a little bit. It'll go away in a few minutes. That jock had a really tight grip." She whispered the last few words as we both turned our heads towards the door. I went back to the bed as the footsteps continued to ablige towards the door. As soon as my butt hit the bed, the door quietly opened and revealed the doctor. He has a few needles in hand and string. An ice pack was in his other hand.

"First let's get the stitches in then apply the ice pack to you face." He began the stitching as soon as the words left his mouth. I felt the pain, but only flinched a few times. The three stitches were locked to my skin, from the bottom of my lip to the center of my chin. He gave me the ice pack and left the room. After about a few minutes I faced back to Alice. She was still holding her side.

I got up again and took two long strides over to her seat. She looked up from the window that was sitting beside her. I looked hard into her eyes and saw that she was probably hurting more then me. I tried to give her the ice pack, but she simply shook her head no.

"Your hurt. Take the ice pack."

"No. Andy, the doctor gave you the ice pack, not me." And with that she turned her head back to the window.

"You should know I don't give up, Alice." I looked back at her side, about to put the ice pack over her shirt, when I noticed something. It was small but I saw it.

A trickle of blood made it's way down her shirt. Without any hesitation, I pulled Alice's arm away from the scar, and lifted up her shirt, just enough to see the scar bleeding quickly. I looked at her panicked.

"Hold your shirt," I instructed her. She looked at me confused then looked down. Her eyes widened and she did as she was told. I looked over the room, lettign my eyes land on some bandages on the counter. I walked over to the bandages, picked them up, then strided back over to a worried looking Alice. I undid some of the gauze and started wrapping them above her waist. She flinched many times as I did this. I wondered where the doctor was but pushed that thought aside.

I finished wrapping the gauze and gave her the ice pack.

"If the doctor were here ight now, he'd tell me to give you this." And with that, I handed the stubborn girl my ice pack.

With a sigh, she took it and held it up to her waist. She mumbled me a, "Thanks," then began to stare out the window again. I stared down at my combat boots and thought about how I looked to this girl. I had my hair shaved at one side, letting the other side have my shoulder-lengthened hair. I wore my torn vest with one sleeve gone, and the other glued to my skin from the blood. My black, leather skinny jeans hung closer to my skin as I sat back down on the bed.

"I'm sorry," I blurted out.

Alice turned her head my way.

"For what?"

"For inviting you to come with me to the cafe. You wouldn't have gotten hurt if I didn't ask you to come."

Alice just simply shook her head and chuckled.

"Andy, I came willingly on your request." I gave her a look.

"You came wanting to come?"

"Sure. Andy, I want us to be friends." When she said the word friends, I ignored the pang in my chest as I saw her give me a kind smile.

"That seems like a good proposition to fulfill." She laughed and gave me a wider smile. Before she could say another word, her phone rang.

What is with all the interuptions today?

She flicked her phone open and read the text message. She quickly typed back, soon sending the message back and sliding her phone into her pocket.

"Journee came back to my house looking for her stuff she left over. I told her I was in the hospital and she said she was coming over with her mom's car for a ride."

I nodded my head then looked back up from the now interesting shoes.

"I think I need to call my guys so they know not to worry." She nodded ehr head in agreement. I grabbed out my phone and dialed CC's number into my phone.

After about three rings, he finally answered the phone.

"Hello?"

"Hey, man."

"Andy?! Where the hell are you? We've been trying to call you forever!"

"Sorry. My phone's been off."

"Oh. Well, where are you?"

"At the hospital."

"What?! What are you doing over in a freaking hospital?"

"Got into a fight and had to get a few stitches. That's it. Oh, and, Alice is here with me, too."

"Oh, well, tell her CC said hello to her and were coming down there! What hospital are you at?"

I gave him directions to the hospital Alice and I were at and we soon hung up. I looked back over to Alice and she was staring at me intently.

"Did you call them?" She asked.

"Yeah. Oh and by the way, my friend Christian says, "Hi!" to you."

"Ha. That was nice." She was about to say more, when the doctor walked in.

"Okay you are free to- What's wrong with you, dear?" He pointed his last words to Alice.

"Oh. The boy who got into a fight with my friend had a firm grip on a scar I have. It started bleeding so Andy helped me out by wrapping some gauze he found in here. Was that alright?"

The doctor looked surprised. Who wouldn't?

"It was fine. May I look at the scar to see if it's okay?"

She loked down at the bandages, quickly unwrapping them. He looked at me.

"You sure did a pretty good job." Alice wrapped the bandages back around her waist and got up.

"So, we are free to leave?"

"Yes. I believe quite a few people in the lobby are waiting for you." We gave him our thanks and walked down to the lobby.

Sitting right there in the waiting room were Journee, Jamie, CC, Ashley, Jinxx, and Jake. They were all talking intently. Once we walked up to them all eyes were trained on the injuries that were covered up over Alice and I.

"What the hell happened to you guys?"