‹ Prequel: Wasted
Status: coming along.

Change

Baby, you a song...

Ah, summertime. Ain’t it just the loveliest thing?

I just got in from celebrating my favorite Saad’s Cup day. I was so honored to be invited into the festivities and overjoyed to see Brandon doing what he’d always dreamed of – just one year after entering the big leagues. But I have to say, while the parade and ceremonies for him were touching and amazing, there was another that I really enjoyed as well.

Bet you can’t guess who.

Okay, so if you guessed a certain Blackhawks captain, then you’re right. Congratulations. Sorry, I’ve got no prizes. I drank all the alcohol at the party. Whoops. Sorry not sorry.

I took my first trip to Winnipeg earlier this summer and spent about a week soaking up the Canadian sun. With Lord Stanley, of course. I’m sure you’ve all seen the photos and videos galore of the turn outs for the various events Jon took the Cup too and if you thought they were impressive then, imagine what they were like in person. The only thing that brought me back from staring slack jawed at the masses was Jon’s younger brother, David, usually with some sarcastic comment. (He’s now a loyal PeaceLoveAndHockeyPucks reader. Hi, Davey Crocket.)

This summer has been out of the ordinary for obvious and not so obvious reasons. Since starting college out at Northwestern, I’ve spent the majority of my summer vacations in my apartment in the city. I would make the trip home for a few weeks in July and then head back out in August. It was just easier that way. Now a graduate, my summer had a few twists.

In July, before coming home, I took in the Convention and then went up to Winnipeg. And before that, I spent all of June completely engrossed in hockey. Mid-August has found me now and I’m in complete hockey withdrawal. I love me my Buccos, but honestly, is it October yet?

I’ll be headed back to the Windy City soon to settle back into my routines before training camp and my internship begin in tandem. As I’ve said before, I won’t be blogging on here as often as I usually have, as a lot of my time will be taken up working with the Blackhawks. But I hope to have time to post here several times a week.

Now I’m off to raid the kitchen for greasy food before I crash for the night. I’m headed down to PNC Park to catch the Pirates take on the Cardinals tomorrow and I need my beauty sleep.

Stay classy and sassy, never trashy!
XO- Steph

Current music- Cruise by FGL

P.S.- I cut my hair too. Time for a change, eh?
♠ ♠ ♠
Just a super short intro. I just wanted to get this started finally. Let me know what's on your minds, lovelies!