It's All About the Lyrics, Baby

Don't Be So Scared, It's Harder For Me.

"Hi." William smiled, kissing Nicole's cheek as the girls reached the table Brendon and William were already seated at.

"Hi." she smiled back and pulled him into a real kiss. She pulled away after a second and looked over at Jessica who was Glaring at Nicole. "What?" she smiled.

"I knew you were up to something." she growled.

"It's great to see you again." Brendon smiled and tried to kiss Jessica's cheek but she turn just in time for him to miss.

"It's a surprise to see you to." she answered a little stiffly.

"What?" he asked, his eye getting a little wide. He glared over at William and Nicole. "You said she agreed to come."

"She did agree to dinner." Nicole smiled as William pushed in her chair for you. "with me anyway, I just didn't tell her you two were joining us."

"I am so sorry." Brendon apologized quickly, turning back to Jessica.

She smiled lightly "Don't worry about it. I know who is really to blame." she shot a look at Nicole whoose only answer was a smirk and a little finger wave. "Might as well enjoy dinner while we are here."

Brendon smiled weakly and pulled her chair out for her. They both looked at the sound of something scraping on the floor to see that Willliam had grabbed Nicole's chair and it pulled it close to him, his lips to her ear as she smiled at whatever he was whispering to her.

"They hit it off." Brendon smiled, sitting in his seat next to Jessica.

"I think it's a bit more than that." Jessica answered, knowing full well William and Nicole were not listening to them at all.

"They are cute together." Brendon agreed.

"She'll snap his heart."

Brendon looked at Jessica startled "You don't mean that."

Jessica smiled sadly "I do."

"Do you guys know what you'd like to drink?" the waitress asked, appearing at William's side.

William looked up from Nicole and smiled at the waitress "Coffee."

"Water."

"Coffee."

"Monster."

Both boys looked over at Nicole and Jessica just held back a laugh, not surprised by her friend's drink order.

"We don't sell those miss." the waitress glared.

"Mountain dew?" the girl asked hopefully.

The waitress sighed, glaring at Nicole.

"Nicole I don't think this is that kind of restraunt." Jessica laughed.

Nicole pouted "Water."

"Why would you order an energy in a nice restraunt?" Jessica smiled at her friend after the waitress had left.

"Because I wanted one." she smirked, chin resting in her hand.

William smiled and hooked his arm around her waist, pressing a kiss to the top of her head. Nicole smiled a little and leaned into him. Jessica watched than and had to hold back a sigh, she felt bad for William. She knew she shouldn't have encouraged him to chase after Nicole but he had seemed so upset about her just tossing him out of her room, with barely a good-bye.

Ever since Nicole had broken up with her fiancé two years back, she hadn't been very good with holding on to men. Nicole had refused to let them close, she would keep them around for a few months until she got bored and would kick them to the curb. By the way William was looking at Nicole, Jessica could tell he was in for a world of hurt.

"What are you two whispering about?" Brendon asked, bring Jessica back from her thoughts.

Nicole and William looked at their friends, trying to seem innocent.

"Us?" Nicole asked with a smile.

"Yes you." Jessica answered darkly, giving Nicole a look.

"We aren't up to anything, just enjoying our food." he smiled and fed Nicole and olive off her plate.

"You two are being disgustingly cute." Brendon smiled.

"And that means we are up to something?" Nicole asked, batting her eyelashes innocently.

"No the fact that the last time you and William were whispering in each others ears, I found him in our apartment the next morning." Jessica answered, arms folded over her chest.

"You are such a worry warts." Nicole smiled "Loosen up."

-------------------------

"I am a worry wart and should calm down?" Jessica asked, to no one in specific. "I should loosen up? I am going to kill Nicole."

About halfway through dinner William had dispeared without a word. Soon after so had Nicole, leaving Jessica and Brendon alone at the restraunt and with the bill.

"Calm down." Brendon chuckled, holding the restraunt door open for her. "I think they are cute together."

"They are acting like teenagers."

"Young love?"

Jessica gave Brendon a look and tried hailing a taxi. However this was met with no success.

"You remember what you said earlier?" Brendon asked, stepping forward and managing to get a taxi to show up instantly.

"About what?" Jessica asked, getting in the taxi after him.

"Nicole hurting William?"

"What about it?" Jessica asked, letting out a sigh.

"What makes you think that?"

Jessica gave the taxi driver her address before looking at Brendon "She had a bad break up a few years back. She doesn't really let guys get close to her anymore."

"Then what's your excuse?"

"My excuse?" Jessica asked, eyebrows knitting together.

"For not wanting to get close to me."

----------------------

"Really?" Jessica sighed as her and Brendon. Entered the apartment.

Nicole smiled up at her and put a finger to her lips in a 'shhh'ing manner. Nicole was seated at the end of the couch, Peter Pan playing on the tv. William was streached out across the couch, his head resting on her lap, and fast asleep.

"You can't say that isn't cute." Brendon smirked.

Nicole's smile dropped for a moment as she looked down at William. She looked back up at Jessica her eyebrows knit together, before standing up from the couch quickly and taking off towards her room. Jessica heard her lock it behind her.

William had fallen to the floor in Nicole's mad dash to get away and was now looking up at them confused and sleepy. "What happened? Where did Nicole go?"

"She went to bed." Jessica frowned "and you need to go home. Did you give Nicole back her vest?"

William nodded, still looking confused.

"Then go home." she repeated.

"But I didn't get to say good-night." William pouted.

"You can try." Jessica sighed.

"Nicole?" William asked, tapping on Nicole's door lightly.

"Go away." came her muffled reply.

"Did I do something wrong?" he asked sadly, eyebrows knitting together.

"No."

"Then why won't you say goodnight to me?"

The door openned and Nicole pressed her lips hard against William's, surprising him and causing him almost loose his balance. Before he could react she had pulled away. She looked at him a moment, one side of her mouth quirking up into a half smile for less than a second.

"Good-bye William." she told him before shutting the door in his face.

William walked back into the living room and glanced up at Jessica, looking lost. "I don't know what I did wrong." he mummbled.

"Probably nothing." Jessica sighed "and that's the problem."

"What?" William asked, eyebrows knitting together.

"Just go home. Nicole has to be Victory Records early and I have school in the morning."

"Victory Records?" William asked, looking even more confused.

"She works there now go."

William frowned at the ground, walking sadly out of the apartment.

"Good night Jessica." Brendon smiled "I had a good time, I hope you did too." he caught a kiss on her cheek before exiting the apartment, shutting the door behind him.

"You are not falling for him." Jessica sighed to herself before turning to go check on Nicole. "Are you okay Nicole?" she asked, knocking lightly on her friends door.

"Are they gone?"

"Yeah."

Nicole's door openned and she looked at Jessica sadly. "He likes me. We were cuddling on the couch. I let him fall asleep on my lap. I was playing with his hair!"

Jessica smiled. "Oh no, you like him too." she told her friend sarcastically.

"I don't want to like him that way, I just want to have fun." Nicole answered, eyebrows knitting together.

"Maybe you could have both?" Jessica suggested.

"Maybe you could stop worrying and give Brendon a chance." Nicole shot back. "You are going to regret when he is gone in a month and you never see him again."