It's All About the Lyrics, Baby

Would You Believe Me If I Said I Didn't Need You?

"Answer the door." Nicole begged, appearing in the doorway of Jessica's bedroom.

"Why can't you?" Jessica asked, eyebrows knitting together.

"Because it's William."

"And?"

"And he won't leave me alone." Nicole pouted. "He has been sending me flowers to my office everyday this week."

"And left you messages on my cell phone since you still refuse to give him your number."

"He likes me." Nicole pouted and stomped her foot, like a child.

"And?"

"I don't want him to."

Jessica sighed "Do explain to me how you can lecture me on not wanting to get involved with Brendon when you are doing this to William."

Nicole glared at me a moment "You know full well why. You're just worried about him leaving, can't you enjoy him company until then. Brendon is a sweetheart."

"So is William."

"Please Jessica." she sighed, leaning her face against the doorway.

"Fine, but this is the only time." Jessica sighed.

"Thank you!" Nicole gushed before vanishing into her room.

Jessica sighed and walked to the front door where William was still knocking. She openned it to find a very sad and confused looking William.

"I know she is home." he sighed "She can't own a lime green Jeep Wrangler and pretend she isn't home."

Jessica held back a laugh. She had told Nicole when she bought that car, everyone would know it was her car.

"She doesn't want to see you." Jessica sighed.

"If she would just tell me what I did wrong."

"You didn't do anything." Jessica pursed her lips, wishing she could do something to help William out.

"Then why has she been ignoring me for a week? I have to go on a six month tour in two and a half weeks. All I want to do is spend time with her."

"She isn't your girlfriend William."

"I want her to be." he sighed, putting his hand to his forehead and leaning against the frame of the door.

"She doesn't."

Jessica hated this, Nicole making her break William's heart for her. It wasn't fair to William or Jessica.

"I don't understand what she wants from me then." he growled.

"Nicole just wants someone to have fun with. She doesn't want to deal with the emotional ties that come along with it."

"I can be that." William answered hopefully.

"No you can't," Jessica smiled. "Look at you William, you are already emotionally attached to her. You would pretend you didn't just to have a few months with her?"

"Yes." he answered without missing a beat.

Jessica stared at him a moment. She wanted to help him but she didn't really know how, short of dragging Nicole kicking and screaming out of her room.

"Please Jessica."

Jessica smiled for a moment "I might have an idea."

-----------------------

"He is gone Nicole." Jessica called, knocking on her bedroom door.

Nicole openned the bedroom door and smiled "Thank you, I owe you one."

"You can pay me back right now." Jessica smiled.

"How?" Nicole asked, looking at her friend suspiciously.

"Make soup for dinner?"

Nicole smiled "Alright."

-------------------------

William laid back on Nicole's bed, looking at the ceiling. Jessica had made him hide in her room until Nicole went to the kitchen and then had snuck him into Nicole's room when she wasn't looking. This would at least give William the chance to try and talk to Nicole.

He felt like he had been laying there in the dark forever before the door finally openned. He sat up quickly as Nicole shut the door again, not noticing him there. William could see her through the dim night light that was coming through the bedroom window.

Nicole openned one of the drawers to her dresser and pulled out some shorts and a tank top. She changed into her shorts in the dark and had pulled off her shirt when she heard someone behind her cough.

She turned around and let out a high pitch scream. Jessica of course heard this and did not move from her place at the sink, where she was doing dishes.

"How the fuck did you get in here?" Nicoke growled, quickly pulling her tank top on and turning on the bedroom light.

William gave her a crooked smile. "I was let in."

"I'm going to kill her." Nicole growled.

Nicole let out another squeak as she felt William wrap his arms around her waist, his hand brushing exposed skin, where her shirt had ridden up a little.

"You shouldn't be mad." he whispered softly in her ear "I practically begged her to help me."

"She is still a traitor." Nicole breathed, barely able to keep her voice even.

"But for a good cause?" he chuckled.

"What do you want William?" she asked going stiff as a board, as William buried his face in neck and hair.

"You."

"You can't have me." she sighed "Not in the way you want."

"Give me two weeks." he sighed "If you don't want the emotional attachment, then fine I can deal with it. But give me these two weeks with you, if you don't miss me when I'm on your then i'll never bug you again."

Nicole sighed and leaned into him "Fine. Two weeks."

"Thank you."