It's All About the Lyrics, Baby

Where Everything You Wish Comes True.

"Where did my text books go?" Jessica sighed, as she walked into the living room. "Really guys?"

"What?" Nicole smiled. She was currently seated on William's lap and he was playing with her hair lightly.

Jessica could tell by the look on William's face that getting Nicole to want an actual relationship was not going quite the way he wanted.

"Stop teasing the poor guy." Jessica huffed.

Nicole glared back. "Your text books are at William's house."

Jessica frown. "Why the hell are they there?"

"Because that's where Brendon is." William smirked.

Jessica turned her glare on him. "To think I felt bad for you."

William laughed "You feel bad for me, I feel bad for Brendon. Nicole wants revenge for you helping me, I want to see you and Brendon together. It seems to be a revolving door."

"You will receive no more sympathy from me Beckett."

Nicole smiled and kissed William's cheek. "If you want your books back, you are going to have to drive over there and hang out with him."

"Is he in on this?" Jessica asked.

"Nope!" Nicole smiled "He has no idea you are coming. So enjoy him in whatever state you find him." Nicole wiggled her eyebrows and Jessica rolled her eyes.

"What's the address?"

-------------------------

"Jessica." Brendon smiled, looking surprised when he opened the door to William's apartment. "What are you doing here?"

"Nicole and William hid my text books here." she sighed.

"Why?" he asked, eyebrows knitting together.

"Because you are here."

Brendon held back a laugh "I swear I had nothing to do with it."

Jessica smiled "I know. Do you mind helping me look for them?"

"How many books are you missing?" he asked, stepping aside to let Jessica into the apartment.

"Six." she pouted.

"This might take a while."

"Yeah."

-----------------------

"Okay." Jessica huffed "I quit."

"What?" Brendon laughed.

"We found the first five pretty easily. But this last one is taking forever and I am starving!"

"Would you like me to make you dinner?" he smiled.

"No," I answered instantly "I didn't mean it like that. I mean you don't have to."

Brendon chuckled "It's okay, I like to cook and it will give us a chance to take a break from searching."

"If you don't mind I guess." Jessica answered, awkwardly.

"What do you like?" he asked, walking into William's kitchen.

"Anything." Jessica smiled, sitting on a stool at the bar.

"Pasta?"

"Alright." she smiled as Brendon pulled out a bag of frozen cheese ravioli.

"Alfedo okay?"

"Of course."

Jessica watched as Brendon cooked food, asking him about Vegas and his band. He in turn as her about where she had moved from and what had made her want to study fashion design.

"So you never answered my question." Brendon smiled, setting down a plate in front of her.

"Which one?" she asked confused.

"Why you are so afraid of letting me get close to you?" he asked, taking a seat next to her.

Jessica sighed "It isn't you, it's just that you're in a band."

Brendon sighed sadly "I get that a lot. It is a recurring thing for any guy in a band. Most of the time like you and me, it's a we don't live in the same state thing. You should have seen how happy William was to find a girl who he thought really liked him and lived close by."

"Thought really liked him?" Jessica asked.

"Well you're Nicole's best friend." Brendon answered awkwardly. "You know how she is being about him. You were right about her breaking his heart. I can tell how upset he is that she isn't even willing to try a real relationship. He is going to take the beating, just to have a few weeks with her."

"Brendon?"

"Yeah?"

Jessica pressed her lips to his in a soft kiss, she pulled back a few moment later to see Vrendon grinning at her.

"What was that for?"

"Will you go on a date with me?" she smiled.

How could she keep telling him know when all he wanted was to try? Wasn't it the same thing she had been helping push Willism and Nicole into?

"Really?" he grinned.

"Yeah." she smiled. "Let's give two weeks a try."

"Honey! I'm home!"

"In here!" Brendon called back.

"How are you two kids doing?" Nicole grinned, walking into the living room with William attached to get hip.

"Is that my text book?" Jessica growled, looking at the book in Nicole's hands.

Nicole smirked "Turns out we forgot to hide this one. I hope you weren't looking for long."

"I am going to kill the both of you." Jessica hissed.

"Did you cook the last of my ravioli?" William pouted, looking at the food.

"Yesh, the lady was hungry and you sent her here." Brendon smiled.

"But I was going to make that for Nicole tomorrow." he sighed.

"You aren't allowed to make me dinner." Nicole frowned.

"Why not?" Willism asked, eyebrows knitting together.

"Because it is too couple like." Nicole answered, wrapping her arm around his waist.

Jessica shook her head at her friend, everything Nicole and William did seemed couple like. "You cuddle with him on the couch, but him making you dinner is too much?"

"Shhh." William growled. "I don't want her taking that away."

"It won't happen." Nicole grinned "I'm too much of a cuddle bug, no matter what the situation is."

William smiled and kissed her softly, before wrapping his arms around her waist. "Enjoy your dinner you two." he smiled "Enjoy your text book Jessica." she glared at him "and goodnight to you both."

"Where are you two going?" Brendon asked, taking a bite of his food.

"Bed." Nicole smiled, before dragging William down the hall.