It's All About the Lyrics, Baby

You're A Canary, I'm A Coal Mine.

"Wake up potter!"

"What?" Jessica groaned, as Nicole jumped up and down on her bed. "Who the fuck is potter?"

"Wake up Potter! We're going to the zoo!" Nicole yelled, before hopping off the bed and ripping Jessica's blankets from her.

"Jesus Christ." she groaned, rolling over in bed.

"He wishes he was as cool as me." Nicole smirked from the doorway "Hurry up and get ready, the boys will be here in five minutes."

"What?"

Nicole skipped out of Jessica's room and back to the living room where the boys in fact already waiting. She sat down between the two boys and smiled at William.

Jessica came out of her room in just a tank top and short shorts. She saw the two boys and froze, before turning a glare towards Nicole "You said they would be here in five minutes!"

"Did I say that?" Nicole smiled as William wrapped his arm around her waist "I meant they got here five minutes ago."

Jessica rolled her eyes and disappeared into the bathroom.

"I wanna snuggle." Nicole pouted, cuddling into William's side.

William chuckled and pulled her closer, so she was seated in his lap. Nicole buried her face in his neck and let out a sigh.

"I don't understand you." Brendon laughed, shaking his head.

"Yeah, well I don't understand your face."

"That makes no sense."

"Your face doesn't make sense."

"Leave her alone." William smiled, playing with her hair.

"Ready." Jessica smiled, appearing in the living room.

"Hi sleepy face." Brendon smiled, standing up and kissing her. "It's almost noon."

"I was up late studying." Jessica smiled, as Brendon wrapped his arm around her "Where did Nicole say we are going?"

"The zoo!" Nicole yelled excitedly, falling off William's lap.

"Are you okay?"

"I'm getting my camera!" Jessica smiled.

"Me too!"

Both girl's took off into their rooms. Jessica and Nicole were both the kind of people who went nuts for zoos. It didn't matter how many times they had already been there.

"I guess the zoo was a good choice." Brendon smiled, as Jessica return.

"Defiantly!"

------------------------------

"Giraffes first!" Nicole half yelled, attempting to pull William along. William just laughed and wouldn't budge from where he stood.

"How about we follow the path." William smiled, kissing her cheek.

"Giraffes are amazing though!" Jessica chimed in.

"You both are obsessed with giraffes?" Brendon laughed.

"Yes!" both girl's answered with a smiles.

"Well its about one now and the giraffe feeding isn't until three." William answered looking at his watch. "So why don't we walk the path we'll probably make it there just in time."

"Feeding?" Nicole asked, curiously.

"You can hand feed them." Brendon answered.

"I wanna feed a giraffe!" Jessica smiled, excited.

"Well you both have to wait until three." William laughed.

"Fiiiiiine." Nicole pretended to huff with a smile.

---------------------

"Can I keep one?" Nicole pouted, looking at the enclosment.

Nicole was currently starring at a small grey and white ball of fluff.

"You want to take one home?" William smiled, attempting to pull her face away from the cage with a laugh.

"Yes." Nicole pouted.

"You cannot take an artic fox home, Nicole."

Nicole attempted to give William a puppy dog pout and he simply laughed at her. Her pout quickly fell as William gave her a puppy dog pout in return.

Nicole pursed her lips "That really isn't fair when you have those big brown eyes."

William smirked "Of course t is Love."

-------------------------

"Polar bears!"

Brendon laughed as Jessica pulled him towards the large animals. There was only three out at the moment. Two babies and a mother.

"They are so cute." Jessica gushed, taking pictures.

"Where Nicole and William go?" Brendon asked after a moment of silence.

"I think Nicole dragged him off to get thier faces painted." Jessica smiled.

"You don't want to get yours done?" Brendon asked with a smile.

Jessica wrinkled her nose "It messes with my skin too much."

"Close your eyes." he smiled.

Jessica looked at him for a moment, wondering what he was up to.

"Just trust me Honey Bunches."

Jessica grinned and closed her eyes. It had been a few good minutes without him saying anything and Jessica was starting to get worried.

"Brendon?" she asked softly "Can I open my eyes?"

She heard him chuckled and instantly relaxed. "I'm right here Honey." Jessica felt him slip something around her neck and opened her eyes to smile up at him. She looked down and saw that around her neck now hung a little silver giraffe.

"Brendon! It's gorgoes!" Jessica smiled as she picked it up to look closer at it. There were two small brown stones for its eyes and the detail square pattern of its fur was carved into the little figurine.

"I thought you'd like it." he smiled and pulled her into a soft kiss.

"Oh my god." Jessica laughed pulling away.

"What?" Brendon frowned, afraid he had done something wrong.

Jessica couldn't stop she just pointed behind Brendon and looked away. Brendon turned and covered his mouth to keep from laughing. William's face was covered in giraffe print, complete with a giraffe head band that held giraffe ears and horns.

"Ha ha ha." William smiled, rolling his eyes.

"What are you?" Brendon still trying not to laugh at William.

"An artic fox!" Nicole smiled.

"I thought giraffes were your favorite. Why did you get a fox?" Jessica asked, eyebrows knitting together.

"They are but William wanted a giraffe and I didnt want us to match." Nicole answered, cuddling into William's side.

"Why did you want a giraffe man?" Brendon smiled.

William shrugged "Nicole loves giraffes, I figured if I painted my face like one she might give me a little more love."

"Speaking of giraffes, the feeding is in fifteen minutes so we had better head over there."

----------------------

"I'm sleepy." Nicole pouted as they were exiting the zoo.

"Do you want a piggy back ride?" William grinned.

Nicole perked up instantly "Really?"

"Yeah."

"You're such a sweet heart." Nicole sighed into his shoulder once she was on his back.

"I know." William teased "I'm as close to perfect as it gets."

"Very true." she sighed contently before closing her eyes.

"I think she is out." Jessica laughed.

"Not surprised." William smiled "She didn't slow down all day. You can only keep that energy level for so long before you crash."

"You guys are leaving in three days." Jessica sighed, kicking the dirt.

William and Brendon both frowned. Brendon reached over and pulled Jessica into his side and kissed her temple.

"It'll go by quick." he promised "You'll be so sick of me calling you everyday it'll be like I never left."

Jessica smiled weakly.

William let out a sigh. "I don't know what I'm going to do."

"What do you mean?" Jessica asked, looking over at him.

"I'm worried she is going to forget about me. Want nothing to do with me when I get off tour." he sighed "She still holds herself very far away emotionally."

"I love you."

"Nicole?" William asked, turning her head to look at her the best he could.

"She is still asleep." Jessica smiled.

William smiled weakly "Then she does stuff like that."

Jessica smirked "She'll be calling you within a week."

"I hope so."