These Secrets Are Killing Me

I'm Out.

I felt my phone vibrate against my thigh as I flipped it open I doubled over in laughter. Thnks 4 the invite to NYC jerk! Ur dad's crazy. It was from Uncle Frank. I felt kinda' bad but I soon got over it when I heard J-man calling my name. I put my phone back into my pocket and walked over to him, grabbing my Dad's arm.

"Jesse I was just talking your Daddy, and he said we could take your car out for a spin." He said. I squealed and jumped up and down, thanking Dad a thousand times.

"Daddy thank you, thank you, thank you, THANK YOU!" I yelled, gaining the attention of everyone who was outside the practice space. I found it odd that Steve had his guitar outside, but I didn't ask any questions. I giggled and ran over to my Mom who was still talking with Jenni.

"Mom J-man is taking my car out for a spin. We'll be back later." I said, running over to J-man. As I ran over to him my phone vibrated again I pulled out of my pocket and flipped it open. I heard a shrill scream and before I knew my phone was out of my hands, I looked up and saw Jimmy holding my phone.

In a fake 'prep' voice he read my text aloud. "Hey Jesse! I miss you so much and just wanted to say I'm out of..." He stopped reading the text and handed the phone back to me. I looked at him oddly and then down at my text.

"Hey Jesse! I miss you so much and just wanted to say I'm out of rehab. Dr. Jacobs said I was cured well call me sometime soon. Love you." I felt the tears weld up in my eyes and my heart rate quicken. I quickly put my phone to my ear as I waited for him to answer.

"And please don't tell me that I'm dreaming,
When all I ever wanted was to dream another sunset with you,
If I roll over when it's over,
I'll take this Cali sunrise with me,
And wake up with the fondest memories."


"Hello?" He answered. The tears fell down from my eyes and I sniffled into the phone.

"Jesse?! Baby don't cry...please don't cry." He said into the phone.

"I-I'm sorry. I'm just so happy to finally talk with you. It's been so long Justin I thought we would never talk again."

He giggled into the phone and sighed. "Baby you don't ever have to think like that. I love you way to much that week we didn't talk I almost relapsed twice. But I didn't because I thought you would break up with me. Jesse I love you."

"I love you too Justin. So it took you this long to finally get out of rehab? You've been there for a year." I said, walking away from my family who was just staring at me. I wiped my tears away and went to go sit on a bench that was far away from everyone else.

"I know, I know. But heroin is the hardest to get out your system, and sometimes I would slip up and use. Let's just say turning 20 in rehab was no fun."

"I'm sorry baby. Well at least you had your family by your side, and Serena there."

"And you. How you been Jes?"

"Um I'm in between happy and severely depressed. But my family life is turning out better, I mean my Mom and Dad are talking again. I just couldn't ask for more. Oh and my Mom bought me a car. Baby blue mustang to be exact! That's my fucking dream car!" I said into the phone.

He laughed into the phone and sighed. "God I miss you so much Jesse. And I'm glad to hear that your parents are talking everything out."

"Jesse lets go take that car out for a spin!" Jimmy yelled.

"Who's that?" Justin asked.

"Oh it's just Jimmy. You know from MSI."

"Cool. Well I let you go baby. I love you Jesse."

"I love you too Justin." I hung up the phone and walked over to Jimmy. As I walked back to were the rest of the people were, I could feel everyones eyes on me. I wiped away the tears that had not yet fallen from my eyes.

"Who was that?" Mom asked.

"Justin." I said.

"Thought so. Is he okay?" Dad asked.

"Yeah he got out of rehab. He just wanted to let me know, and tell me he missed me." I said, I could feel myself smiling.

"Don't get to caught up in this man Jesse. He'll just wind up breaking your heart, he's twenty years old baby girl, I know what he wants from you." Dad said. Of course he'd be the one to bring me down from my cloud nine.

"Dad don't. Just don't OK."

I turned my attention to Jimmy. "You ready?" I asked.

"You know it. We'll be back later Mr. and Mrs. Way." He said, throwing me the keys to my car.