These Secrets Are Killing Me

Did You Hear My Screams

I dropped my phone and let my own tears fall. I could still hear Jesse's crys over the phone I wanted nothing more in the world than to hold my daughter and tell her everything would be okay. "Gee whats wrong?" Frank asked, as he walked in the lounge of the bus. Before I could answer Jesse screamed in pain, I heard the booming voice of man and Lindsay yelling.

"Gerard what's going on?" Frank asked, I couldn't form words. I shook my head and just sobbed. There again was Jesse's screams, her pleading for her mother to help.

"JESSE!" I screamed into the phone, maybe she could hear me. I knew the moment she let out a finally scream she didn't hear me. She was probably to focused on trying to get away from the person beating her, why wasn't Lyn helping I didn't understand at all. Frank stood close to me, his own tears falling from his eyes as well.

"Stop please! I promise to listen!" I heard Jesse yell, after that Lyn started to yell something I couldn't understand. I wanted to hang up and call 911 but everyone else was on their phones with their loved ones, while I sitting here listening to my daughter and my wife be beaten. "Jesse!" Lyn yelled, that's when I knew things took a turn for the worst.

I heard Lyn yell in pain and scream for him to stop, but I knew all to well that he wasn't going to stop. There it was again her scream pierced through the silence of the bus, that's when everyone came running into the lounge. Concerned looks written on the face while we stood there listening to her screams, my wife's pleads, and the man slowly killing me.

I looked at my phone that was held in my hand, I couldn't believe it. "Gerard call 911!" Bob yelled, like he couldn't get his own cell phone out and dial the fucking number his self. But I didn't say that I stayed motionless, finally after what seemed like a life time of her screams Jesse finally stopped screaming. That's what I feared the most I would much rather hear her screams than dead silence. She could be dead and Lyn could be next and here I was on a tour bus going to the next show, while listening their brutal ending.

"MOM!" She screamed, I let out a breath I didn't know I was holding. It wasn't a breath of relief it was a breath of knowing my daughter was still alive. She was still by the phone I knew she had to be I took my chances and yelled into the phone. "Jesse!" I heard a whimper as if to tell me I heard you. I looked over at the four guys who huddled next to me and sobbed.
♠ ♠ ♠
comments??