‹ Prequel: Chain of Events
Status: Feeling depressed and I chose the title because that what it feels like right now. Don't bash me for what I feel. I changed it from NC-17 to PG-13 since my plans changed for this story.

My Heart's a Battleground

Caught

Ren opened her eyes slowly to see Axel holding her close to him. Axel really was there for her last night. He actually said he would be there for her. Axel began to shift a little, beginning to wake up. He opened his emerald eyes to see Ren was awake and looking at him. He noticed her face was red again.

"Hey, Ren. Your face is almost the same color as your hair," Axel chuckled.

He was expecting Ren to hit him but all she did was giggle. She was too happy to be huffy over Axel's teasing. She chuckled and cuddled closer to him. Axel smiled and could see that she was content now.

Axel then had to leave so he could get back to work before Saix would get suspicious. Ren led him outside and looked up at him. Axel saw the worried and upset look on her face. He sighed softly and tussled her hair.

"Don't worry. I'll be back as soon as I can, " Axel replied smiling down at her.

"Be careful, Axel," Ren pleaded softly.

Ren smiled weakly then hugged him tight. Axel rubbed her back and looked into her eyes. He smiled bitter sweetly at her nearly making her shudder. Ren so badly wanted to kiss him but had to resist from doing so. She nuzzled his chest then let him go. Axel then smiled and made a portal then disappeared. Ren's smile faded into a frown as soon as he left; she was alone.

Ren went back into the house and decided to get ready for the day. Once she was dressed, she left Roxas's place to walk around town. Before she made her way to the shops, she heard someone call her name. Ren turned to see Olette running over to her.

"Ren!" Olette called to her happily.

Ren smiled and greeted her, "Hey there, Olette. How's it going?"

"Great! I was hoping to go shopping with you today," Olette replied smiling sweetly.

Ren smiled and nodded, "Yeah, that sounds great, Olette."

Ren was happy that she could spend some time with Olette. Olette could keep her happy while she waited for Axel to come back. Ren walked with Olette to the shops, talking about various things. Olette mentioned that her, Hayner, Pence and Roxas had to go back to school soon. This made Ren a little sad since her friends would be at school and Axel would be working. She had to spend time with them as much as she could.

While they were walking around, Ren wanted to find a present for Axel. As a way to say thank him for staying with her and keeping her safe. Olette was looking at random things so Ren decided to look at the accessory shop. She greeted the store owner and began to look around at the items. Ren then saw a pendant shaped like a heart with a fire design on the inside. This was perfect.

"I'll go ahead and take this one," Ren said holding up the item.

"Of course," the shop owner said and began to wrap up the item.

Ren paid the owner the munny and then smiled at the little box that was nicely wrapped. She just hoped that Axel would like it. She then turned to see Olette smiling at her.

"Ooh, is that for the guy you love?" Olette asked giggling.

Ren couldn't help but blush and nodded, "Yeah. I just hope that he likes it."

Olette smiled and nodded, "I'm sure that he will, Ren."

For the rest of the day, Ren spent her time with Olette and they talked about many things. Once the sun started setting, Ren decided to head home and hopefully meet up with Axel for ice cream. Ren walked Olette home then said goodbye to her. Ren had Axel's gift in her pocket and couldn't wait to give it to him. Once she arrived at the front door, she then noticed a portal of darkness close by. Ren whirled around to see it was indeed a portal and someone walking through it. She recognized the black coat and smiled.

"Axel!" Ren cried happily.

She ran to him and hugged him tightly. She then noticed that he wasn't holding her back. He didn't even move at all. Ren looked up to see that the hood was pulled up, not revealing the person's face. Ren stepped back, realizing that this was not Axel, "W-who are you?"

The man then took off his hood to reveal long blue hair, icy cold, yellow eyes and an "X" scar along his forehead and nose, "Saix."

"What do you want?" Ren replied glaring at him while trying not to show she was afraid.

"Seeing what is so special about you that Axel abandons his duties," Saix replied, "I don't see anything at all."

Ren bit her lip while still glaring at him, "Axel told me. You're just like him, aren't you? A Nobody. A being with no heart or feelings."

"I see he can't keep his mouth shut and already you are on my nerves," Saix replied as he made his way over to her.

Ren gasped then began to run away from Saix. Ren was praying that Axel would be here soon so he could save her. She then saw Saix appear in front of her, making her run into him. She turned to escape but felt Saix grab her wrist and bring her against him.

"Let go of me!" Ren screamed, "Axel! Help!"

"He cannot help you. I'll deal with you later after I've taken care of him," Saix replied making a portal.

"Don't go anywhere near him! He didn't do anything!" Ren cried.

"That is not for you to decide," Saix replied as he dragged her through the portal.

Axel whistled a little as he made his way towards Roxas's place to pick up Ren. He hoped that she wasn't too bummed out from him having to leave this morning. He bought her some ice cream, hoping to make it up to her. He knocked on the door and waited for her to answer but she wasn't there. He frowned and then noticed something out of the corner of his eye. It was a small box and had a tag with his name on it. What was this doing on the ground? His eyes went wide.

Axel began to look for Ren everywhere in Twilight Town. He even asked some of the local people if they have seen her but they all replied with a no. Axel even made a portal to her room to see that she wasn't there. Axel was afraid now. He didn't like this new feeling. He had a feeling Saix found out about her. Axel decided to make his way back to the castle.

Before doing that, he opened the box that had his name on it. Inside he found pendant that was in the shape of a heart that had a flame design. There was also a note with it that said "You have my heart, Axel."

'Ren...' Axel thought sadly.

He had to find her and quickly. He placed the pendant into his pocket and made a portal back to The World That Never Was.
♠ ♠ ♠
Again dedicated to therevsbartendingjeh for being amazing and commenting. Seriously people, it's not that hard -.-
You're lucky this is still going on and it's because of therevsbartendingjeh.