Status: ❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤

Steal Your Heart

One

A black silk canopy hung high by columns and shimmered like the night sky. Vines of white flowers were wrapped elegantly around each of the 50 columns that held the canopy fabric up. Bringing it all together were 25 low hanging beautiful chandeliers spaced out evenly in the center. Each chandelier featured trailing vines and blossoming crystals that twinkled in the dim light of the candelabra lamps with wax dripping covers that rested on leafy bobeches. It added a traditional charm to the overhead with it’s bronze oil finish.
On the ground, a white carpet was nicely laid out. In the center of the carpet, was a black aisle runner with the edge lined with an off white lace. The center of the aisle was lit up on both sides of the room by 10 bronze floor candle lamps linked together by a thin white lace and by each lamp were 10 chairs neatly lined in 10 rows facing the alter.
The alter was perched on a slightly lifted stage which was beautifully decorated with white daisies and black roses bunched together in big glass flower pots. Jasmine twined around each pot before falling on to the floor. The decorators added last minute details before the guests started to walk in and take their seats. The last minute details consisted of adding flowers here and there, making sure the chairs were aligned in a perfect line, the runner was smoothed out and the guests began to fill the room.
As each person began to filter in, immediately stopped in mid conversation, gasping as the took in the room along with the occasional 'Wow'. The set up was just spectacular and the guests could not keep their eyes from trailing all over the room. As the guests began to fill every last seat, an orchestra began to play the opening song. An all instrumental version of the song 'Marry Me' by Train.

A tall handsome man with perfectly disheveled copper hair and a clean pressed black tuxedo walked down the aisle up the small set of stairs and faced the room of people. Next walked out another man in a black tuxedo and stood behind the first, instantly knowing that the two were brothers. Followed behind the men walked out 5 women and 5 men paired off as a couple.
The women were dressed in a short strapless dress made from silk. It was an off white color and black lace covered the bottom left side of the dress as well as the top right. They all wore black heels that sparkled while their jewelry consisted of a single silver snowflake necklace with matching earrings. The hair was curled and left down with a simple diamond snowflake hair clip to keep it out of their face.
The men matched the first two in an all black tuxedo with a white vest underneath and a silver bow-tie.
After the couples walked down the aisle, two little girls in a poofed silver dress walked out. They had their hair in a high elegant bun with little tiara's and a basket filled with white rose petals. With every step the girls took they dropped the petals making the black aisle runner look like it had been covered in snow. The female guests had tears in their eyes as they watched the girls make it to the front of the aisle and held their breath for the final person to walk out.

The room grew silent as the orchestra players flipped their music sheets to the most important piece of music of that night. Everyone that was seated, stood up in unison and turned slightly to face the back of the room. As a beautiful rendition of Pachelbel's Canon in D Major began to fill the room, the tall copper haired man standing in the front began to grow nervous.
Slowly the music began to fade away and the only sound he heard was the sound of his heart beating loudly in his chest. His hands began to sweat and without realizing he'd rubbed his hands on the side of his pants. His brother grabbed him on the shoulders and massaged them lightly. "Here goes." His brother smiled, closed his eyes for just two seconds and when he opened up his eyes he saw the fake snow beginning to fall from somewhere above him. Through the falling snow, a woman in beautiful white romantic taffeta gownwas taking small slow steps down the aisle. Causing his heart to race and butterflies flutter in her stomach.

Her dress was something out of a fairy tale with its multiple layers of dreamy gossamer tulle, reminiscent of cascading briar rose petals. The re-embroidered lace and crystal beaded bodice with rose detail gave the dress a beautiful elegance. She held her bouquet of Casablanca lilies wired into a plump and ruffled ball intermixed with 50 silver mesh leaves, close to her body to keep from shaking. In her head she kept telling herself to smile and breathe. Smile and breathe. As she made her way closer to to front she felt tears welt up in her, his heart skipped a beat. She was more beautiful than he remembered and every ounce of doubt that he had was gone. She was perfect. Her soft pink lips were curled just slightly into a smile. Her cheeks were flushed red and her eyes had that twinkle in them which he loved. The lighting in the room made it easy for him to focus on her and only her. When she finally made it to the front and she stood right in front of him, he knew. He knew that everything was right where it should be.

He knew that this was the best decision the moment she walked out from behind those closed doors, the second she began to walk down the aisle and the second her hand squeezed his hand in reassurance.
♠ ♠ ♠
New story.
Please comment and let me know what you think.