Status: ❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤

Steal Your Heart

Five

Five

Rachel was in the living room talking to my mom, Cheryl and the wedding planner when I walked into the house. I'd spent the day with the guys, writing new music and planning on recording before the big day. It had been stressful and the last thing I wanted was to deal with the shit, I'd been sucked into the second I proposed to Rachel.

As I neared the foot of the stairs Rachel had ran over pecking me on the cheek and pulling me by the hand over to where an assortment of flowers and color swatches lay on the coffee table.

"Oh Garrett, there you are! We've been wanting you to know your opinion on these peonies." Cheryl held up two vases with flowers that looked exactly like every other flower I'd seen, "Do you like the red or pink?"

I sighed mumbling "I don't care." Walking back to where i was originally headed and making my way up the stairs to my room shutting the door behind me.

A few moments later the door opened and Rachel walked in with a look of confusion and anger etched on her face..
"Gare, what's wrong? You've been acting strange for almost a month now."
Rachel took a seat at the edge of the bed staring waiting for me to answer her. "Uhm okay then, I have a question for you." She said when I didn't say anything.

I flickered over at her, eyebrows raised. "What?"

"Well, I know you're going to want John, Pat, Jared and Kennedy as your groomsmen, however, that poses an issue considering I only know three girls. D-do you think Riann and her sister Mally would be up for being bridesmaids?"

"Maddie," I corrected her, "and probably not."

"Look Garrett. I don't have many friends here and there is no way I'm asking my cousin Violet or her girlfriend to take part in the wedding. Now either you get darling Riann and her sister Macy to be apart of it or you are going to have to cut two of your friends out of the party. Think about it." She stood up glaring before walking back out the door.

Twenty minutes later I found myself pacing on the front porch of the Jameson house debating whether to knock or to go back home. Everything had been so easy until Maddie came back to town and showed up at the party. The second my eyes met with her big brown eyes, my feelings for her came flooding back as if they had never gone. For three weeks I went through the wedding plans not really paying attention to anything Rachel said to me. My mind was focused on Maddie and the night on her roof top. I had so many questions I wanted answered. Then again I just wanted everything to go back to what it was before we graduated. Back then she could say things to me like what she said on the roof, and a few hours after being mad we would make up and just laugh.
I fucking missed her laugh that sounded like a child's giggle, or the way her nose would crinkle when she smiled. I just missed her and as much as I felt guilty thinking it, but Rachel was nothing compared to Maddie.

But saying that she no longer loved me, I knew all she wanted was to get me to leave, but I didn't want too.
I wanted to know where she had gone. I wanted to know exactly why she left me all alone.
After several more minutes of pacing, I decided that it would be best just to give up.

As I stepped down from the steps, her front door flew open revealing her fiery red headed sister.

"Ga-Garrett! What are you doing here?" She asked in surprise.

"Oh, uhm. Is-is Maddie here?"

She gave me a look of confusion before stepping outside closing the door behind her.

"Normally if I said no, you'd know that I was lying. But in this case, she's not."
She stepped down from the steps standing across from me.
I read her face quickly, coming to the conclusion that she was telling the truth.

I scratched the back of my neck looking down at my boots then looking back at Riann. She shifted to leaning on her left leg and studied my face.

"Garrett, I have no idea where she has been or why she even left. I was just as upset when she took off in the middle of the night, but I know my sister and she came back for a reason."

"She didn't say why did she?"

Riann scoffed, "Garrett if she did you'd be the first to know." I nodded my head not looking at her. "How's Rachel?"

I shrugged my shoulders answering her. "She's good I guess. The wedding isn't for another six months but she's running around like its in six hours."

Riann patted me on the back with a small smile. "Gotta get used to it man. First it's the wedding, then a house, then children an before you know it you'll be sitting at the dinner table at 4;30 pm eating meatloaf for the third day straight."
I scrunched my face at the thought, mainly because I just couldn't see Rachel eating at 4;30pm across from me.
I waved goodbye to Riann, heading back to my house before stopping remembering why I had been there in the first place.

"Hey Riann?"
"Yeah?" She ha a weak smile on her face, like she was telling me to give up.
"Uh, well Rachel doesn't have many friends and since she wants five bridesmaids, she asked me to come over here and see if you and Maddie would be willing to be apart of the party?"

Riann contemplated for a second before nodding her head. "Sure, I'll talk to Mads."
♠ ♠ ♠
Another filler but things will be getting better soon.
Thank you to those who have read so far also thanks to @asdfghjkqwerty for commenting. I really appreciate it.