Status: ❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤

Steal Your Heart

Seven

Slowly and quietly I opened the door to the master bedroom. A stream of light peered through the slightly cracked door from the bathroom and I could see two figures lying on the bed, their chests rising and falling as they slept peacefully.
I crept further into the room and crawled on the bed resting my head on the pillow and examined the sleeping faces in front of me.

My mind raced back to what happened earlier that day that I didn't notice a pair if eyes staring back at me.

"Hey, what happened?" His voice cracked, heavy with sleep.

I just stared at him not really wanting to tell him that I couldn't do it. The way he didn't press me to answer made me feel better. He reached over the body that lay between us and grasped my hand signifying that it was okay.

"How was she?" I finally said breaking the science.

I could tell he was smiling a bit, "She was good. She missed you though."

My heart ached a bit as I softly kissed her forehead. She stirred a bit but didn't wake up, so picked up her tiny body and carried her off to the room down the hall. When I got back to the room he was sitting up in the bed, the desk lamp turned on illuminating the whole room.
I sat back down next to him debating what to say.

"H-he's getting married, Nick." I said, watching his face for a reaction.

Nick didn't say anything, he just ran his fingers through his floppy copper hair.

"I'm so sorry M. What now?" His tone was very sympathetic, but in a way it sounded like he already knew.

"How long?" I questioned ignoring his.

Nick just stared at me then sighed heavily. "I knew for about a month before you flew back to Arizona."

I knew deep down he did it to spare my feelings, but I still couldn't help but be angry at him. All of this could have been prevented. I wouldn't have had to suffer watching Rachel crawl all over Garrett, or get sucked into the bridal party. However, I knew even if Nick did say something I wouldn't have seen my parents or my little sister.

I sat on the bed my legs crossed and I played with my hands. I could feel Nick's eyes watching me intently and because of that I forced back the tears I could feel ready to pour out. In a swift motion, Nick warped his arms around me and held me close as I let out a small sob.
We stayed like that for what felt like ever when a soft sleepy voice sounded.

I pulled away from Nick, whipping away the tears and looked at my little girl. Her strawberry blonde hair was in a high pony tail, her blue eyes glistening with sleep yet her big smile greeted me.

"Mommy! I miss you!" She ran up to me giving me a big hug.

"Waverley!, sweetie I missed you too!" I kissed her cheek then said, "Where you a good girl for daddy?"

She nodded her head smiling showing her pearly white teeth.

"Good. We are going to mommy's old home in Arizona and you finally get to meet Grandma and Grandpa!"

Nick looked at me eyes wide. "Are you sure?"

"I think it's about time." Nick nodded his head in agreement kissing my forehead before getting up and walking out of the room.

Waverley yawned rubbing her big blue eyes, then nestled closer into my body. I laid down on the pillow kissing her forehead and fell asleep with her in my arms.

--

Waverley was excited to finally get off the plane and see Phoenix. She held my hand tight as we walked through the busy airport terminal all the while begging Nick to get her a juice. He carried her booster seat in one hand and with his free hand held mine.
Waverley couldn't understand why I was nervous, but Nick did a great job at calming me down.

Before we exited the gate, Nick went and got us something to eat with Wave, in tow.
I sat down at a nearby table scrolling through my phone for new texts.

Riann sent me several talking about how everyone wondered where I ran off to. Rachel told her what she had heard in the bridal shop and questioned me about a 'secret child' and explained how Garrett and I were high school sweethearts.

"Mommy, mommy! Daddy got me this teddy bear!" Waverley ran up holding a bear with a Diamondbacks shirt on it.

Nick sat down with a bag of food from Paradise Bakery, a smile on his face as he watched Waverley and her new bear.

"So, I told the guys that I was in town." Nick stated as he took out his sandwich.

"What did they say?" I asked as he handed me my Mac and cheese.

He shrugged. "Nothing really. Garrett did ask if I have heard from you. He said something about taking off and no one has heard from you."

"Daddy, who's Garrett?" Waverley looked up at him cheeks puffed out a bit due to the fact that she had food in her mouth.

"He's a good friend of your mommy and mine." He answered after a quick second of pondering.
She just nodded her head and began to finish her food.

Waverley asked lots of questions as we walked towards the baggage claim. She wanted to know why it was so sunny, why it was all brown. If it ever snowed like it did at home. Nick and I answered as many as we could laughing at her reaction to some of the answers.

When we got to baggage, Waverley was amazed at how the suitcases fell out and went around in the carousal and how people almost raced to get their stuff.

When we had everything my phone rang and Riann's name popped up.

"Hey sis, where are you?" I asked.

"Uhm, I'm waiting outside by the south entrance outside of door number three." I didn't even respond, I just hung up and motioned for Nick to follow.

When we got outside Riann's hand waved furiously for us a smile on her face. As we got closer and Waverley was in sight, Ri's happy face went to very confused.

"Wha-who might be this cute little girl." Riann got down to her eye level.

Hiding behind my leg she introduced herself. "I'm Waverley."

"Waverley, this is your aunt Riann. Mommy's little sister." Nick said to her.

"You're not little Riann! You're big!" She giggled, making Ri chuckle.

She stood up straight giving Nick a hug and whispered something in his ear.
He didn't look too happy but continued to place our bags in the trunk while I put Waverley in the back seat.

Judging by the car ride, I knew it was just moments before shit hit the fan. I was just happy that my best friend was here with me and I hopped that with Waverley being here it wouldn't get so bad.
♠ ♠ ♠
Fillerish, but still important.
There is foreshadowing and who else is curious as to what Riann whispered to Nick?
thanks for the comments and I hope to hear your thoughts.

P.S sorry for any mistakes.