Status: ❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤

Steal Your Heart

Eight

Nick walked in the room and laid Waverley down on my bed and kissed her cheek before walking out, quietly shutting the door behind him.
I walked down the stairs holding his hand as a form of reassurance that once we got into the family room, hell would not break loose.
Unfortunately my hopes were crushed when my mom gave me a disapproving look, shaking her head, face etched with concern and confusion.

"I have a granddaughter?" Tears slipped down her face. "A granddaughter! Maddie is this why you left?"

I could hear the hurt in her voice but she smiled probably still processing what had just happened when Nick walked in holding her sleeping body close. My dad gave Nick a stern look with a firm handshake and Riann was still not talking to either of us. Guilt seared through me and I just wanted Riann to tell me what was wrong. Instead she mumbled goodbyes and left after twenty minutes.

Nick squeezed my hand shortly after Ri left stating that he would be heading over to Garrett's house for a couple hours to catch up with him and the guys. Since I had been here, the only interaction I had made with my old friends was at Garrett's engagement party and a few times when I was forced to help out Rachel with wedding preparations.

Then it hit me: soon everyone would find out about Waverley.

--

My mom and dad took Waverley to get some ice cream, while Nick went to band rehearsal with Garrett and the guys. I stayed at the house occupying myself by making dinner. After the initial shock of me having a daughter and that I was in Boston the whole time, my parents finally gushed over my little blue eyed girl. They loved how much she looked like me but amazed that she came out having bright blue eyes considering both Nick and I have brown eyes.

"Well, she was just lucky I guess." I said.

Waverley jumped up on her seat and explained her blue eyes and name to gramma and grandpa.

"Daddy and mommy say my name is Waverley because my eyes are as blue as the ocean waves." She tugged on my hand with excitement. "Right mommy?!"
I nodded my head smiling at her as she returned to coloring on sheet of paper that my mom had given her.

Just a I began to set the table, voices filled the once quiet living room. I walked out, pink cooking apron still wrapped around my wait, to check on the voices. Once I made my way into the family room I was greeted by a unison 'Hey' by John, Kennedy, Pat, Jared, and Garrett.

"Hey." I gave each one a hug lingering closer to Nick's side.

John was about to say something when the front door flew open and Waverley came running in with a big smile on her chocolate covered face.

"DADDY! Look what gramma and grandpa bought me!" She darted right past me and immediately jumped on Nick's lap.

Confused looks shot across the room from all five guys. First landing on Waverley, then eyes darted between Nick and I.

"Is-was this what you wanted to tell us about? You and Maddie have a kid?!" Garrett voice hitched with anger, but his eyes showed hurt and betrayal.

"Hey! I'm almost five!" Waverley chimed in placing her hands on her hips.
Her action cause a stif chuckle from a few of the guys.
Then she whispered to Nick, "Daddy, why does he have long hair like me?"
She pointed at Pat trying to his her smile.

"Sweetie, go introduce yourself to them." She kissed Nick's cheek then crawled of his lap to shake everyone's hand.
When she got to Pat, she asked him if she could braid his pretty hair, which he agreed to.
Garrett got up before she could say hi and pouted stating that he was rude.
The guys laughed talking to her as I followed Garrett out the door.

"Gar-"

He cut me off, merely saying. "Fuck you Maddie!" His face was red with anger, hands stuffed in his pockets.

"Just let me explain." I chocked back tears at his gesture.

"No need. It all makes perfect fucking sense. I'm glad you left. Then I'd be stuck with you for life."
With that he sulked off down the street not even glancing back. ​​
♠ ♠ ♠
I am so sorry for the very dull and pointless few chapters, but I promise that questions will be answered soon.
Things are just beginning to get rocky.
Thanks for sticking around and for the positive feed back. I appreciate every single person that reads, comments, and subscribes.

Much love!