Love Bites

Chapter Twelve- Stay

"Round and around and around and around we go. Ooh now tell me now, tell me now, tell me now you know. Not really sure how to feel about it. Something in the way you move. Makes me feel like I can't live without you. Yea it takes me all the way. I want you to stay!" Rihanna and Mikky Ekko's voice harmonized from my laptop.

I wasn't sure what I was searching for. Just looking at groups that hated vampires. But nothing came up about this specific organization. It was as if the Night Watchers didn't exist.

"I seriously doubt you'd find anything on the web." Scarlet's voice surprised me from behind.

I looked over y shoulder to see her staring at the screen how long had she been behind me?

"If this organization is so old why isn't there any documentation?" I asked my all knowing sister.

"Vincent the vampires existence is kept a secret. So chances are theirs is also. I think if anybody found out they would die."

"That makes sense." I said nodding to myself. "We'll how'd you find out?"

"Luna told me tons." Scarlet answered. "Look you got anything else you wanna ask before I leave?"

"Wait, where are you going? It's the middle of the night."

"Dude it's only ten-twenty seven." She said after checking her phone.

"Okay still doesn't answer my question."

She rolled her eyes and went through her phone. The she held it up to my face showing me a text message.

'Party @ Jacob's. You coming?' It read from one of the cheerleaders.

"Oh well have fun I guess." I told her.

"You not coming?"

"I wasn't invited." I told her.

"Well I'm inviting you now." She told me.

I shook my head at her.

"Nah I'm good, you have fun though." I told her.

"Fine but I'm leaving the car here just in case you wanna come." He said as she placed the keys on the desk. "Don't stress too much."

She turned and walked out of my room. I peeped through the window when I ward the front door close. A car was waiting for Scarlet already. She go in and they took off down the road. I was here alone with just my thoughts.

I looked down at the keys laying on the desk. It couldn't hurt to check.

I grabbed the keys and ran out to the car. I had to see if I could find any clues to Leon'a whereabouts. Just so I can see him one last time.

I pulled up to the dark, now abandoned mansion. There wasn't any light that showed anybody was here.

I entered the creepy soulless house. I pressed the flashlight app on my phone, illuminating the way before me.

The house was completely bare, no evidence of the recent residents.

"Well at least they are neat cleaners." I said to myself.

I crept up the lonely steps, down the hall, and to Leon's room.

I took a deep breath and opened the door.

His room was spotless and barren. My heart ache at the sight. The proof that he was actually gone.

"Leon." I said softly.

"Stop your whining." A voice said from the room.

I almost pissed on myself at the unknown voice.

I heard something fall to the ground, then saw red eyes.

"Judas!" I said actually excited.

Judas started walking towards me actually looking better. But he still loathed me obviously. He made a disgusted sound when he reached the light.

"Please don't sound too happy." He said.

"I'm so glad you're here!" I said almost hugging him.

"Well I'm not. I could be sleeping in my bed. But instead I had to wait or your ass to show up." He said annoyed.

"Why?"

"Freaking Leon! I love him but he is taking advantage of me." Judas growled.

"So what did he make you stay for?" I asked him.

"He wanted me to give you this."

Judas held out his hand to me revealing a sealed envelope.

"What does it say?"

"The hell if I know. It's freaking sealed."

I mentally face palmed myself. I was seriously getting annoyed with my own questions.

"Open it for me?" I asked him.

Judas rolled his eyes, opened the envelope, and handed the letter to me.

"Do you want me to read it out loud?" I asked him.

"I'm fully capable of reading." He said.

Judas came beside me and we both stared at each other. Then we both looked down at the paper I was holding my flashlight to.

"Okay here it goes." I said.

"Omg stop being so dramatic and read the damn letter." Judas spat.

"Fun sucker." I told him.

I turned my attention to the letter. I scanned through it over and over. Judas seemed to have done the same thing.

"Dear Vincent," it read. "I'm sorry to have left you but it was because..."

"Does this make sense to you?" I asked Judas.

"Don't know, don't care." He told me honestly.

"Help me out."

"Nah, I did my job, I'm leaving now." He told me.

Judas turned to leave but I grabbed his arm.

"I'm not understanding what he said!" I screamed.

Judas seemed severely ticked now. He took the letter and started pointing at it.

"Here is your reason right here. This is why he left. Why we all left."

"Still it seems complicated and perplexed."

"Omg I understand." He said gasping.

"What, tell me?"

"That you're slow as crap if you don't understand this!"

I stared at the paper still reading it. I was understanding but then again I wasn't. This just seemed so far-fetched.

"So just do what it says?" I asked Judas.

He nodded at me not knowing what else to say.

"Okay this shouldn't be too hard to accept." I said aloud.

Tears started to swell up in my eyes causing my vision to go blurry. I made a sniffling noise which caused Judas to let out a sigh of air.

"Are you going to tell Scarlet?" He asked me.

"Well she deserves to know why Luna left." I said in between sobs.

Judas nodded and patted my shoulder awkwardly.

"Well good luck kiddo." He told me.

Judas turned and left the room leaving me once again alone. I stopped my crying and picked myself up. I walked through the mansion one final time. This time I locked the door, which was purposefully left unlocked. I needed to tell Scarlet what I had discovered.

I tried waiting up for Scarlet. But apparently she was having too much fun and didn't come home.

The sun woke me up the next day. I wretched the covered over my head.

Something crinkles in my hand. Then I remembered I still had the paper in my hand.

"Scarlet!" I called.

I rolled out of bed and ran to my sister's room. I started banging on her door. No reply.

"Scarlet." I yelled at her door.

"What!" She yelled back at me.

"I got to tell you something." I said.

"Is it important?"

"It concerns Luna?"

The door flew open and Scarlet was staring at me looking a hot mess.

"You look crappy." I told her.

She made a face before she said, "Hangover."

"Can I come in?"

She moved aside letting me walk in. I came and sat on her bed and she came over to me.

"Talk." She demanded.

"Well I went to the mansion to find any answers. Then I was surprised by Judas and he gave me this letter."

I held the letter up to her. She took it from me and began to read it.

Her face burrowed in concentration. Her eyebrows were creased as she read each line. Finally she looked up to me.

"This says-"

"I know." I told her nodding.

"That means-"

"Mhmm." I said.

"Is this true?" She asked me.

"I don't know." I said shrugging my shoulders.

"Well I trust him." Scarlet told me.

"Yea, me too." I told her.

"Good now don't let anybody else see that letter." She ordered me. "In fact."

Scarlet went over to her nightstand and returned with a lighter. She snatched the paper from my hand and set it ablaze.

I watched the past thing I received from Leon go up in flames.

When it was almost fully burnt she dropped it to the ground and stomped on it. Now all that was left was little black specks and grey ash.

"Well I'm going back to bed." She told me.

"Aren't you going to do anything?" I asked.

"Later, my head'a throbbing."

Scarlet got back under the cover. That was my cue to leave.

I closed the door behind me as I went back to my room. My focus turned to my ceiling as I rested on my bed.

Thoughts of the letter played over and over in my head.

My thoughts then went on Leon and his beautiful face. He was my world and I lost it.

"I understand." I said to myself.

I played 'A Haunting in Connecticut 2.' My mind going over the time we watched it together. The way he'd act like a kid just to make me laugh. Or the way he'd put on thy cocky smile.

"I guess that makes sense."I said referring to the letter. "I would've left too."

I stared at the movie letting my eyes grow heavy. I decided I'd get some sleep too.

*vote comment read! One more chapter :)*