Love Bites

Chapter Two- Funhouse

Pink's melodic voice came out of the car's stereo as we pulled into Leon and Luna's driveway. The main chorus ran through my ears. "This used to be fun house. But now it's full of evil clowns. It's time to start the countdown. I'm gonna burn it down, down. I'm gonna burn it down." She sang as we eased up to the house. She started counting down from ten. Each number pulling us closer and closer to the house. When she got to one my sister stopped the car, took the keys out of the ignition and we got out.

I looked at the house which was surprisingly huge. This mansion has dozens of windows across the front. Our three bedroom, two story house looked like a matchbox compared to this. It had this gothic era type feel to me, which meant they owned this place forever.

We walked up the stone path to the front door. Scarlet banged on it she was the cops. I looked at her with surprise and she smiled sheepishly. We waited for a person to come to the door but no response. Scarlet banged on the door again. As soon as she put her arms back to her side the door opened.

In front of us stood a shirtless ripped guy. He had the body of a jock and a face to prove he probably was one. I couldn't help staring at his ripped tan chest and his abs. He put his masculine arm up and scratched his curly dark brown hair, his right hand still holding the door.

"And you are?" He asked in a deep raspy voice. He put his arm down and scratched his crotch. That drew me and Scarlet's attention to the area. Omg, he was wearing briefs and that's all. We both stared at his noticeable bulge that his white briefs hugged to. I stole a glance at Scarlet who was biting her bottom lip.

There was a loud SMACK sound and the guy arched his back in, making his body come at us. A flash of pain crossed his face and a wince came out. Just as quickly as it came the expression left and he smiled.

"So feisty." He said in that raspy voice.

"Get out of my way." Came the familiar voice of Luna. "Go to the room and get dressed." She ordered. The guy left the doorway allowing us entrance. We walked in and was greeted by a hug from Luna.

"I'm sorry about James." She said after she let us go. "He Just doesn't understand the concept of clothes. Leon just recently got him to wear underwear." She giggled.

"Wow, so your brother dates models?" I asked. For some odd reason I felt a tinge of jealousy and I think she heard it.

She looked me in the eyes when she said, "No, his eyes are set on other things." I took in the hint before she added, "James is our guardian. Our parents stayed in Romania And we're only sixteen, so yea." Luna got in between us grabbing our hands and dragging us behind her. "Let's go watch a movie in my room."

Luna led us through the Gothic styled house. For a gothic place it was bright. The blood red walls of the house were adorned with ancient tapestries and family portraits. We approached a grand staircase and ascended it. At the top we were greeted by Leon.

"Hey Leon." I said smiling weakly at him. He stared at me with such intensity. My stomach started to churn. For some reason I always felt weird around him.

"Come with me Vincent." He said. I opened my mouth to protest but he cut me off. "We have a paper to write and you're goimg to be my partner." For some reason my heart picked up it's pace. Nobody ever wanted to work with me. Now, this gorgeous guy was practically demanding me to work with him. I was filled with excitement mixed with confusion.

"Oh, what's the project on?" Scarlet asked. Luna was twirling her finger through her hair listening to us carefully.

"Vampires." I answered. My face lit up in a smile but cheerful Luna's face twisted in disapproval. She stared at her brother in disbelief. But just as fast her expression came and left.

With a fake forced smile and no sound of enthusiasm she said, "Sounds fun." She grabbed my sister's hand and led her down the hall to the final room on the left. Letting my sister enter first she shot Leon one last look before disappearing.

Leon led me to his room down the same hall but instead is being on the left at the end it was in the right. We entered his room and I was surprised to find out how normal his room was. Just a dresser with a mirror pushed against the wall by the door. Across from it was the king sized bed adorned with blue bedsheets and a hard wood headboard. A flat screen tv hung on to the wall to the right of the bed. I followed the cords streaming from it and found a PlayStation 3 and a Xbox 360 on the floor with plenty of games scattered around it. On the wall to my right (left of the bed) was a closet that was slightly open.

"You can walk in you know." Leon said his breath tickling my ears. I jumped in surprise realizing how close he was. My heart speed picked up again. I wasn't used to any guy being this close to me. I rushed over to his bed probably a little too quickly because when I looked back at him he gazed at me quizzicaly.

I felt my cheeks burn up. I could tell he noticed my embarrassment because he had a cocky smile on.

"Should we start?" I asked trying to clear the air. He nodded in agreement closing the door behind him and coming closer to me. I eased back after I kicked my shoes off. My head hit the headboard and I realized I couldn't put any more space between us. I pulled my legs to my chest, wrapping my arms around them and resting my chin on my knees.

He seemed to understand that I wanted distance between us. He surprised me by setting a laptop in between us already set on Microsoft Word. Did he plan this? I let the thought play around in my head. Then I answered my own question. He couldn't have because Luna invited us. But than what if he told her to invite me on purpose. Was he going to bite me like last night?

There was a knock on the door and in walked James. He finally wore some clothes, a white t-shirt that hugged his body and some grey sweats. He had a duffel bag in one hand and a suitcase in the other. He walked over to the partly open closet. He opened it with his foot and placed the bags on top of the other bags. Leon's closet (which was walk in) had suitcases and bags decorating the floor. They were all unopened. That means he really did get here this morning.

"That's the last of them." James said before kicking the closet door closed and walking out of the room.

"So now should we start?" Leon asked me. I looked at him studying his face. He sat across from me with his legs crossed wearing a cocky smile.

"Why are you smiling?" I asked him. He shrugged his shoulders unsure what to say. His angelic face couldn't hide the dirty thoughts behind his smile. His eyes scanning over my curled up body. My cheeks instantly got red. Was he checking me out?

"First question," He started reading off from our guide line paper. I'm not sure when he grabbed the paper. I never seen him move a inch. "What do you think Vampires are?" He asked the question then gazed at me carefully.

I went through what Mr. Larson told us in class. Leon shook his head in disapproval at me. Gosh what's his deal. I'm just answering the question. I knew it was right because it's what Mr. Larson said.

"Forget Mr. Larson's lesson." He said. His voice was melodic yet firmand demanding. "Think for yourself and be creative."

"Well how about you tell me what they are?" I said with frustration. It pissed me off that he was all criticizing Mr. Larson's lesson. But I think he anticipated this.

He grinned and scratched his pale blonde hair. He rolled his blue eyes upwards as if he was thinking. "Why does Vampires have to be seen as the Devil's minions?" He asked me still scratching his head.

"They just are." I replied not knowing what else to say.

"Well I'm going to use my imagination." He said winking at me. "I think Vampires are Fallen Angels."

I couldn't hold in my laughter. "Angel?!" I laughed but quickly hushed as I looked at him. He had a facial expression that was filled with intensity and his eyes were like ice. "Keep going." I whispered.

"Vampires are Fallen Angels. Cast out of Heaven for being different. They aren't evil. Well wasn't born that way anyways."

My curiosity was peaked. He talked about this like it was a fact that he knew. It was as if he experienced this himself. "Well could you tell me why were they cast out? What made the different?"

"Their arrogance. They were too proud of themselves. There was seven of them. The original Vampires. Can you guess their names? Well what they were the embodiment of? Remember the key is seven."

I let my mind wonder, thinking about things that came in seven. Finally the answer hit me. "The Seven Deadly Sins." I said confidently. His smile radiated as he nodded with approval.

"Yes and there could none of that in heaven. So they were banned. Sent down to Earth. Their wings burning off in the fall. But that was all they lost. They still had their immortality, powers, and beauty."

"Okay," I said astonished by his theory. It was amazing, creative, beautiful, yet sad. The look on his face was one of longing and want. "Okay next question: Why do Vampires drink blood?" I asked him. I wanted to hear his poetic answer for this question.

"The life force is what they want. Blood is simply the quickest and safest form they could get it."

"Safest?" I questioned.

"Well they could just kill the person and eat their soul. It's what Angels eat. They eat bad souls to purify them and rid the Earth of them."

"But Vampires don't just drink bad people's blood." I exclaimed. My thoughts were getting more confused yet amazed at his theories. He nodded at me. I peered down at the paper which was right in front of me. I just realized that it somehow got this close to me. How did I miss him putting it there? Maybe I was to caught up in his words to see his actions. "Okay, Why don't Vampires have a soul?" I asked calmly.

He leaned in close to me. "They don't need one, they're immortal. There's no judgement for them." He said matter-of-factly.

"Why do they burst into flames when the sunlight hits then?"

He shook his head and crept in closer towards me. "They don't. It's just that they long for the Heavens so much they prefer not to go outside during the day. They don't have a fear of spontaneous combustion."

"And the sleeping in coffins?" I was surprised at how his theories weren't that far-fetched. They actually seemed believable.

"People made that up because Vampires have been sighted in grave yards. But in reality they were just feeding on lost souls." He said inching closer. His hand landed on the paper causing it to crumble. His face was inches from mines. His blue eyes gazing deeply into mines.

I felt my body grow paralyzed. I couldn't escape from his seductive gaze. He bit his lip seductively sending chills through my spine. My heart raced and I could feel my cheeks reddening. He smelled super good. Like an ocean breeze.

Wait an ocean breeze? Memories of that dream came floating back into my head. My eyes widened in horror. The reason why he could answer those questions with that bizarre theory.

"Are you a Vampire?" I asked. I couldn't believe I just asked that. I sounded completely idiotic. But his facial expression changed into one of shock.

"Just because I show interest in you, you think I'm a Vampire?" He questioned me.

"You're avoiding the question." I said firmly.

"If I am will you let me bite you?" He snickered at me. I shoved my hand to his face pushing him away.

"You're a perv." I said to him. He grinned wickedly and winked at me. "But are you?" I asked. All of the seriousness he had earlier somehow found its way to me.

"I think you already know the answer." He told me. That was the confirmation I needed.

"Are you going to kill us?" I asked him. He went into a hysterical fit of laughter. He was starting to tick me off with his cockiness. "What's so funny?" I asked.

"If I was going to kill you, I would have devoured your soul as soon as you entered the house. Much less my room." He said. The intensity returned to his eyes sending shivers throughout me.

"I need to go." I said getting up and running out of the room and the house. I texted Scarlet when I was in the car. She can minutes later and drove me home.