Hollow's Creek, Nebraska

my dad hates me

My dad stopped speaking to me after I went to that party. Because I went to it after one. And another one before that. And so on. They thought I was throwing away my life.

"We were expecting more from you, Anthony," they would always say. I'd just shrug my shoulders and leave. They can't control me.

November 1st, 2012

The party didn't end until after midnight. When the cops came, that's when everyone ran. I pushed through crowds of people trying to find an exit where there weren't cops.

As I pushed through kids running in the opposite direction that I was, I accidentally ran into someone. It knocked us both to the floor. I stood up and helped whoever it was up.

The prettiest girl in the entire school was standing in front of me. Quinn Lakewood looked at me terrified. She stared at me for a split second, then continued to run. I just stood there.

I was being an idiot, because after a minute of waiting, I was grabbed and thrown onto a couch. They grabbed my hands and threw them behind my back and handcuffed me.

My dad bailed me out of jail later. He wouldn't even look at me on the way home. It didn't bother me. It's my life. When we got home, he started yelling at me about how I was fucking my life up and I'm going to end up an alcoholic.

He went on for about an hour. I didn't listen to him. He eventually just went to bed and left me in the living room.

Since then he hasn't spoken to me.
♠ ♠ ♠
I had a hard time concentrating with this one.

I have been getting really good feedback for this so far! Thank you to everyone. I want to say thank you to Answering.Alexandria for your comment. It really motivates me to keep writing knowing that people actually like this.

I'll try to write two more by tonight. If not, then tomorrow definitely.