Status: In progress!

Baby, You Save Me

Chapter Three

This girl is constantly surprising me. I mean how the hell did she know about this place? And who knew she could speak Spanish? She was so incredibly interesting, and she made me feel like no one else has. If I didn’t love Camilla and wasn’t with her then I can tell you that I would get into a lot of trouble with this girl.

She turned to me with a smirk on her face and asked me if I want to dance. Of course I want to dance with this pink haired beauty! Now it was my turn to surprise her.

I gave her a wicked grin, and grabbed her hand. I led her onto the dance floor where a salsa song was playing. Once we were on the floor I quickly pulled her close to my body. I could feel her completely pressed up against me, and I had the urge to kiss her. She sent heat waves rolling through my body, and in that moment I wanted her. I have Camilla though, so instead I started to dance. I could tell by her eyes that she was surprised I knew how to dance like this.

“Where did you learn to salsa?” She asked me after I did a relatively fancy move.

“One of my ex-girlfriends, Taylor, made me take salsa classes all the time. She said they were ‘romantic’,” I laughed as we continued to dance. I have to say, salsa never felt romantic when Taylor and I were dancing. It doesn’t even feel romantic right now. It feels incredibly sexy.

“What about you?”

“When I lived in Chicago, I was in a very Hispanic part of the town. I dated a guy and he taught me by taking me to all the underground salsa clubs,” she gracefully spun in a circle as she spoke.

We were quiet for a while as we focused on dancing. I turned her around in a series of complicated moves as the music began to crescendo. At the very last notes of the song, I twirled her away from me while holding on to one hand and then forcefully pulled her body to me as the last note played so that we were chest to chest. I didn’t realize how close our faces were until I looked down at her. She was breathing slightly heavier and I could feel her chest push against mine with every breath. My body was on fire everywhere that she touched me. I heard applause and let her go. We stepped away from each other and looked around. While we were dancing everyone had cleared the floor to watch us. I gave a small bow and held my arms out to AJ. She blushed and gave a small bow too. We both walked toward the bar.

“Where’s the bathroom in this place?” I asked her. I had to take a piss.

“Down that hall and to the left,” she pointed the way and I left her with Alex.
_________________ _____ __________________

“You know I have never seen you dance quite like that,” Alex gave me a look.

“What do you mean?” I danced the way that I normally do, so I have no idea what he’s talking about.

“I mean the chemistry that you two had while you were dancing was different than that with any other person you have brought here. You guys danced like you didn’t see anyone else here. You danced like you were in love,” He winked at me.

I laughed. “He has a girlfriend and I just met the kid,” I rolled my eyes at him. “I’m hardly in love with him, maybe in lust though. I have to say he is one fine piece of ass,” I winked. I would never admit to anyone that I REALLY wanted Joe. I don’t even really know him, but I just feel this connection. I made a promise to myself though that I wouldn’t be the other woman ever again, and I can’t break that promise. It would, does, cause so much pain for everyone involved.

“You’re going to get that boy in trouble one of these days,” Alex chuckled.

“I’ll be right back. Tengo que ir al baño.” I walked toward the bathroom and smiled at Joe as I passed him.
_______________ ____________________

I passed AJ as I walked back to the bar. I sat down and looked around. To be honest, I couldn’t believe that I was here. I was never the type to break the law, and I’m pretty sure that it is illegal to be at a club if you aren’t 21. I was raised to be the good Christian child that didn’t sin, and was a good influence on everyone.

“You better be careful, you know.” I turned to look at Alex. “She is dangerous to guys like you, and she will get you into trouble,” He chuckled.

“What do you mean?” I asked with a confused look on my face.

“I know that look in your eyes. I’ve seen it on every guy who ever meets AJ. You want her. She said that you have a girlfriend though. You would do well to remember that fact,” he gave me an intimidating look. “AJ is like my little sister and I will protect her from any pendejo who might hurt her.”

“I would never hurt her!” I replied, shocked. “She just intrigues me because she is so secretive and different. I want to know her story.”

“It’s easy to say that now,” he shrugged his shoulders. “I just hope you keep it up.”

“Keep what up?” The little pink haired girl bounced up to us.

“Nothing primoroso. Don’t worry about it,” Alex and I shared a look.

“The last time you said that I almost got arrested,” AJ glared at him. “Not to mention we ended up in the middle of God knows where and were lost for hours.”

What the heck? AJ goes on some crazy adventures. I’m kind of excited to see where this night goes now.

“Whatever. You had fun and you know it,” Alex messed up her hair. She swatted his hand away, and turned to me.

“You wanna head out of here? I want to show you someplace,” AJ turned to me.
_____________ ______________

Joe and I said goodbye to Alex and the others working at Siesta, and then headed to my jeep. I love my jeep. I bought it used years ago, and it has been with me in a lot of my travels across the country. It’s blue, lifted, and has oversized tires for off roading. I pulled out of the parking lot and headed back toward downtown L.A. Joe and I couldn’t really talk when we were driving because I didn’t have the top on my jeep so it was really windy. Instead of trying to shout a conversation, I just turned on the radio to a random station and turned the sound up.

We pulled into a cul de sac and I parked the car. “I hope you’re up for a hike,” I said as we both jumped out of my jeep,

“I’m up for anything tonight,” Joe said. Well I certainly like the sound of that! I smirked at him and winked. “Ok that sounded bad,” Joe rubbed the back of his neck. Aww! He was embarrassed.

I laughed and started walking toward a gate.

“Uhh, AJ?”

“Yeah?”

“That sign says no trespassing,” Joe had paused.

“And your point is?” I raised my eyebrows as I looked over at him. We had stopped in front of the gate.

“Well, it’s kind of illegal to trespass,” Joe kept glancing around as if he was expecting a cop to show up at any moment.

“Joe, basically the first half of our night has been illegal. We snuck into a club. Besides the cops never come up here. All these houses are empty. I come up here all the time. Trust me, we are totally fine. Besides didn’t you just say you were up for anything?” I asked him with a raised eyebrow. I turned around and climbed over the gate. “The choice is yours. You can go back and sit in the car and think of what could have been or you can say why the hell not and come with me.”

Joe sighed and climbed over the gate. “Carpe diem, right?”

“Exactly,” I laughed. Joe and I continued our hike. We didn’t talk much. We had a comfortable silence going. Eventually we reached a chain link fence that was right behind the Hollywood sign. From here we could see the whole city of Los Angeles. Well we would be able to if we weren’t behind this stupid fence! “Just how many rules are you willing to break tonight?” I looked over Joe.

“What did you have in mind?” He had a skeptic look on his face.

I grabbed the links in the fence and pulled myself up. I swung my legs over and climbed down the other side. Joe shook his head but did the same, and I couldn’t help but check him out as he made his way down the fence. We walked to the sign and sat behind one of the Os. Now we could enjoy the perfect view.

“Beautiful, huh?”

“Yeah,” Joe agreed. “How did you find this place? It’s amazing.”

“I just kind of stumbled on it one night. I couldn’t sleep so I decided to take a drive and ended up at that gate. I love hiking so I followed the trail and found my way here. I’m seriously lucky to have found it,” I stared out at the view.

“What’s with the butterflies on your back? You got really hasty and different when Frankie asked you about it.”

I sucked in a breath. I hadn’t realized that he had been paying that much attention to me. I tried to think of a lie that I could tell, but my brain wasn’t working. My eyes met his, and I actually felt like telling him the truth.

“That’s a long story,” I hesitated.

“We have all night.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Comment please! :)