Status: In progress

Such Sweet Nothing

You May Resume

I shut my eyes tightly at the stream of sunlight peeking through my curtains. My face was smashed into my pillow and I could feel the indentations already formed on my face. I breathed in deeply and reached out with my mind and found Bruce still sleeping soundly next to me. I smiled as I shifted so I could lay on my back, his arm moving to wrap around my middle and his head was next to mine on my pillow. I slowly opened my eyes and blinked a few times to let them get used to the bright light.

“Hey there.” His voice caught me off guard and I turned my head to look at him. His hair was sticking up in all directions and he had some lines on his face from the pillow as well.

“Hey, you must have just woken up.” I greeted back as he closed his eyes and smiled widely. He nodded his head and then rolled over so he was slightly on top of me, his head in between my shoulder and neck.

“How’d you sleep?” His breath tickled my neck and I let out a giggle as I felt him smile into my shoulder. His fingers lightly traced the length of my side.

“Great, you?” I shivered as his hand came back down and came to rest on my hip. His warmth was radiating into me and I smiled at how perfect this all turned out to be.

“Best night of sleep I’ve had in a long time.” He pulled his head back and rested it on his hand as he propped himself up so he could look down at me.

“I’m really happy you’re home.” He spoke quietly now as he placed a kiss on my forehead. He rubbed his nose on the top of my head and then settled back to his position of staring at me.

“I’m really happy I’m home too.” My arms were trapped underneath his that was resting over top of me, I managed to slide them out and placed my hands on top of his head. He closed his eyes as I ran my hands through his perfectly messed up hair. It had grown quite a bit since he first arrived at Stark tower, and I loved it.

“Should I get a haircut?” He opened his eyes with a lazy smile on his face.

“No!” He began to laugh at my enthusiastic response as he placed his head back down next to mine, our noses touching.

“I’ll keep it if it makes you happy.” He mumbled as we stared at each other. I had never felt so happy or so content to be laying in bed with someone. Bruce was right for me and I knew I was right for him, and no matter what happened that part would always be true of us.

“What are you thinking about?” I noticed I must have gone off into my own head for a bit and left him to stare at me.

“You.” He reached his hand up from my waist and let it rest on the side of my face before pushing my hair behind my ear.

“Me?” I nodded slightly in his direction, making our noses rub against each other.

“Well in that case you may resume.” His joking tone made me smile as I rolled my eyes at him.

“Did you just roll your eyes at me?” He pulled his face away from mine and I saw something in his face that made me regret it.

“Nope, I would never. Why would think that?” It took only a split second before Bruce growled playfully at me and then his hands were at my sides in a tortuous tickle fight.

“No!” I managed to gasp out as I heard him begin to laugh as I tried to stop his hands from moving up and down my sides.

“Bruce!” I couldn’t stop the fit of giggles that ensued and it only seemed to encourage him more as he straddled me so I couldn’t kick out of his grasp.

“Okay! Okay!” His hands stopped moving and I was able to see through the tears of laughter up at him. His smile was the most genuine expression I had ever seen on a person. His hands were on either side of my head as he held his weight off of me.

“Teach you to roll your eyes at me.” I sighed quietly and wiped away the tears from my eyes and wrapped my arms around his neck.

“If this is my punishment I think I can live with it.” I countered back as he lowered himself to meet my mouth in a kiss. I ran my fingers through his hair and settled on tangling my hands in his hair as I bit lightly on his bottom lip. He let out a quiet gasp and then pulled away from me, our lips barely touching.

“What?” His eyes were still closed and I thought maybe I had bit him a little too hard.

“I just want to take things slow with you and I’m finding it very difficult to stay true to that.” He answered slowly as he opened his eyes. I untangled my hands from his hair and smiled at him.

“Whoops.” I let out with a laugh as he pushed himself up so he was hovering over me again. He made a quick movement and was sitting on the edge of the bed with his back to me. He looked at me over his shoulder with a smile.

“You’re trouble, Munroe.” I sat up and wrapped my arms around his middle and gripped at the front of his t-shirt.

“Tell me about it.” I muttered into his shoulder. He managed to kiss the side of my head and then pushed me playfully back onto the bed.

“You stay.” He stood up and straightened out the clothes he had fallen asleep in last night. I gave him a frown and sighed.

“Where are you going?” He was at my bedroom door now and turned to look at me.

“I’m making you breakfast in bed, so just stay there and look beautiful.” He was out the door before he could see my face turn completely red at his compliment.

“Don’t burn down my kitchen!” I called after him and only received a laugh in return. I smiled up at my ceiling and finally felt like something had gone right in my life.
♠ ♠ ♠
I just wanted a cute little chapter to show the beginning of their new relationship before they start working on Bruce's problem again. Thanks for reading, and comments are always appreciated!