Status: In progress

Such Sweet Nothing

What's That Lassie?

“Holy shit, I can’t believe that worked.” Bruce’s expression was that of utter disbelief as he laid on the floor. He was curled up on his side as Tony threw him a pair of pants he had at the ready. I was safely still sitting at the lab bench with Steve next to me.

“That was so simple.” The smile on my face exploded as Bruce stood up, shirtless and practically jumped over the table to get to me. His arms wrapped around me and we both went crashing to the floor, his laughter ringing in my ears.

“Now I don’t know what I am going to do with the rest of my day.” Tony’s mask was flipped open as he walked around to look at the two of us sprawled out on the floor. Bruce was laying on his back, his eyes closed, and a huge smile on his face.

“Got all dressed up and everything-” Tony’s voice became harder to hear as he walked to another part of the floor. Steve soon followed in his footsteps, asking Tony a question.

“That literally took ten seconds.” I looked at the stopwatch clutched in my hand, Bruce opened his eyes to stare at me.

“This is so great, your powers are amazing, you are amazing.” The words gushed out of his happy expression as he grabbed my face in his hands and pulled my head to meet his lips in a kiss. He let go and then let out a loud, harsh laugh before dropping back to the floor again, breathing heavily.

“How did you do it, you just pushed calming feelings at us?” I was more than happy to be laying on the floor of a lab with my boyfriend who was the happiest I had ever seen him.

“Yeah. That’s all it took, and look-” He opened his eyes once more and looked confused as I pointed to my nose. “No nosebleed!”

“No nosebleed!” He repeated and began to laugh again.

“I don’t know about you guys but all of this not working hard has me hungry.” Tony made his reappearance, dressed in his short sleeve black tee and jeans.

“You’re always hungry.” Bruce responded as he held his hand out towards Tony. He pulled him up in one swift motion and then Bruce bent over to pick me up by my waist. He grabbed me in a bear hug and picked me up off the floor. His chest was warm and it flowed through my thin shirt. He set me back down on the floor and ran his hand from the top of my head to the ends of my hair.

“It’s almost like you were meant for each other with that superpower.” Steve made his reappearance and placed his shield on the table.

Once Bruce had changed into the Hulk, instead of testing to see what happened to his cells and blood, Tony and I had decided on me trying to get him back with just my power. I couldn’t believe it was so easy, I almost had a odd feeling that the Hulk wanted to be soothed.

“I think we should get some lunch to celebrate.”

“You just ate breakfast half an hour ago!” Tony only made a face at me like he was mocking me.

“Let the man eat lunch, this is a happy day.” Bruce smiled at me hugging me tightly as Tony taunted me saying my boyfriend liked him better. And then I was hit with an idea that seemed to suck the breath right out of me.

“Oh my god.” Bruce pulled back, thinking he had hurt me in some way and Tony halted the teasing. I looked at Tony, wide eyed.

“What? What is is Lassie, Timmy fell down the well again? We really need to build a taller well-” I cut him short with a menacing glare.

“I have to go do something, I’ll let you guys know in a bit.” Before they could comprehend what had happened, I grabbed my jacket from the back of my chair, which was on the floor, and tore out of the lab like a bat out of hell.

“What just happened?” Steve was staring at the place I had been standing only seconds before.

“She got an idea-” Tony gasped and then tore out of the room after me, screaming my name.

“Well Cap, how about we go get something to eat.” Bruce smiled at the back of his best friend chasing after me.

“You don’t want to go running off with them too?” Bruce shook his head.

“Nah, I think they know what they’re doing.” He answered laughing.

“So do you know what they are doing?” Steve asked as him and Bruce began to make their way out of the lab, like normal human beings and not mad scientists.

“I think she is going to try to make a serum from her blood so I can have a way to calm myself down just in case she isn’t around me.” Steve nodded slowly.

“Smart lady.” They were waiting for the elevator that Tony and I had jumped into and took up to my lab.

“Yeah, she is amazing, isn’t she?”

“So maybe if we could place it into a plasmid vector and replicate that part of my DNA when I am pushing out the calming feelings-” Tony cut me off as the elevator doors slid open and we walked towards the doors to my lab.

“We can make a serum.” We had done some initial testing when I got back from S.H.I.E.L.D. and had found that if I push out a feeling my DNA changes and that it was different for every emotion I could place upon a person.

“We might have to make our own vector, I don’t know if anything we have now can stand up to your mutation.” Tony said as he booted up my computer and typed in his login.

“Well that’s why we test things Anthony.” He made another one of his faces at me before turning back to the screen.

“Sir, Doctor Banner would like to know if you and Doctor Munroe will be joining them for lunch.” JARVIS’ voice rang throughout the room as Tony looked at me and shrugged his shoulders.

“Yeah just tell them we’ll be about an hour down here.” He finally answered as I shrugged in his direction. He was the one who wanted to constantly eat.

“Yes, sir.” That will give us enough time to draw blood and begin the replication process.

“I have a good feeling about this.” He said as he got up from my desk and went in search of the medical equipment.

“Yeah, I do too. That’s why I ran up here.” He stuck his tongue out at me and I couldn’t help but laugh. Today was a good day.
♠ ♠ ♠
Just wanted to do another update :)