Status: In progress

Such Sweet Nothing

Rest of my Life

“Just sit there, and I’ll be right back.” Bruce pointed to the end of a curved, stone bench in Central Park. I looked at him with one eyebrow raised as I placed my stuffed bear on the seat.

“I’m just going to go grab some food, just sit.” My playful stare turned into a wary one. He smiled as he leaned forward to press his lips against my own, and then he gently pushed me backwards so the back of my knees hit the edge.

“How do you know what I want to eat?” I readjusted the bear so it wasn’t laying in the spot I was supposed to be sitting.

“Coming from the woman who literally orders the same thing every time we go out?” My eyes squinted in his direction as I stuck my tongue out at him.

“Sometimes the truth hurts, honey.” I rolled my eyes and was left with the image of my boyfriend smiling before he turned away from me. It didn’t take too much time before a couple of more people sat on the bench. I pulled my phone out because I was like most people, and didn’t want to deal with the social anxiety of looking like I was waiting for someone.

‘Tony and I landed. Hope you and Bruce get some much needed alone time. Call you when we get in Monday. Love you.’ I smiled at Pepper’s text, and then looked down to see I had one from Tony.

‘Don’t get lucky until you inject him with the serum. Can only imagine what damage that would do...’ I sighed deeply and gripped my temples with my thumb and forefinger. Let me just delete that one. Although I’m sure Bruce received a similar one when I did.

‘Simply because I’m sure you won’t be able to concentrate on making him feel calm.’ I let out a groan and deleted that one too.

“That face usually appears when Tony says something stupid.” My head shot up to look to my right. I was confused for a second before I caught Bruce’s smile across from me. He was sitting on the other end of the bench, and was leaning down to speak into the part that curved.

“You brought me to Stover bench. Very sneaky.” I whispered into my own curved end. His lips twitched into a small smile as he stood up, a bag in his hand, and made his way back to me.

“Ready to go eat?” I nodded as I reach over to grab my prize of the day and stood up in front of him. He held his hand out and I grasped it in my own.
“So I do have a surprise for you.” Bruce looked, well, surprised at my words as we got in the elevator at Stark tower. I pressed the button for my lab and stood back.

“You do?” I nodded and gave my best cheesy smile in his direction. It earned a laugh from him. After eating we walked around for a couple of hours and decided a evening in would be nice.

“I do. “ The doors opened and revealed an empty lab. I stepped forward and swiped my ID badge in the slot. Bruce grabbed the door and pulled it open to allow me in front of him. I placed the stuffed bear on one of the lab benches and grinned as I made my way over to my desk. A black, leather case containing six syringes was in my hand as Bruce sat down in my chair.

“I think we finally got it.” He reached forward and grabbed the case that I extended in his direction. He blinked slowly as his fingers wrapped around it. I leaned back to sit on my desk and watched as he unzipped it with a careful hand.

“Really?” His fingertips brushed against the six syringes filled with a clear liquid. I crossed my arms in front of my chest as I watched him become mesmerized by the science involved.

“Really, really. Any time you feel like you’re about to lose control you just stick yourself like an Epipen. Doesn’t have to go directly in your vein to work.” His head slowly moved so he could look at me briefly before he closed his eyes.

“Thank you. For this. For everything. I honestly don’t know what would have become of me if I didn’t have you.” His left hand reached up to grip at the sides of his face, and I saw the first tear roll down his cheek.

“Hey, you don’t have to thank me. Whatever I do for you, you give something back to me ten-fold. Aw Bruce, please don’t cry.” I stepped forward and placed my hands on his shoulders. His body shuddered as he leaned forward to rest his head on my stomach.

“I’m just happy is all. I finally have you, and this.” He leaned back to look up me, “I think I will spend the rest of my life trying to repay you.”

“I think the rest of my life bit is all I need, Bruce.” I ran my hand through his hair and leaned down to place a kiss on the top of his head.

“I love you.” The words were so quiet I thought I had imagined them. I pulled back quickly to look down at the man I would gladly spend the rest of my life with, “So much. I love you so much.”

“I love you too.” The serum was forgotten as the case was dropped on the desk, and his arms wrapped around me. His lips were on mine quicker than I could think about what was happening.

“Do you think we should move this upstairs?” I asked completely out of breath as he pulled back for a moment.

“Doesn’t seem like a bad idea.” He grinned, and I couldn’t stop the smile on my face.
♠ ♠ ♠
I know it's been forever and I am so, so sorry. I know where I want to go with this story and am planning on getting it there soon. Um although for my next idea I need to know if you guys want a sex scene? If not that's fine too just let me know. Thanks for reading!

And_Lucy_Loves_Me - Thank you so much!
HardcoreChick96 - That is always my intention :D
callypyge - No need to thank me :) Thanks for commenting!
Minnesota518 - Aw you are too sweet! Thank you very much :)
Jordan:: - Sorry it took me so long! I think everyone should love Bruce :D thank you for reading and commenting!
All_Time_Lolo - That makes me so happy to hear! Thank you!