Status: hopefully posting regularly.

Nothing Like This

Two

The place is pretty much empty, so Beth takes it upon herself to investigate every shelf. It takes about forty-five minutes for her to raid the lower level. Since the paparazzi are still outside, we head upstairs. “Do you think they can see us up here?” she wonders, her fingers grazing against the young adult novels.
I look behind me, and I can’t even see the windows. “Probably not unless they’re inside. Why?”
My back hits the shelf of books behind me; Beth’s face is inches from mine. I pull her body close to mine and press my lips to hers. Her arms wrap around my neck. Our lips move together slowly as my hands grasp her hips, pulling her body closer.
If this was any other girl, I’d have pushed her off of me instantly, but there’s something about the way she tugs at the collar of my shirt, her hot breath against my lips, and the way my chest ignites when we touch. It leaves me begging for more every time our lips meet.
I find my hands running up the back of her shirt and her chest pressing tighter to mine as our lips collide. Her hands run down my chest.
“Oh dear,” a frail voice gasps. Beth jumps back and clasps a hand over her mouth as we watch the older lady hurry way.
Beth starts giggling, and I just shake my head and wrap an arm around her shoulders. “Maybe we should take that as our cue to leave,” I suggest.
She nods. “Probably.” She leans up and kisses my lips one more time.
We head to get dinner at a local Italian place, and the paparazzi follow us there. “We’re never getting away from them,” she states, glaring out of the window as cop cars pull up to shoo them away.
“Well, I guess our secret’s out.” She shrugs.
“Maybe. This isn’t’ the first time we’ve gone out together.” Her phone buzzes next to the silverware on the table, and she glances at it. I can read Miley’s name. “Do you mind?” she questions.
“Go ahead.”
Beth picks up her phone and reads the text message. “Miley is having a party tonight. She said we’re invited if we want to go.”
“Do you want to go?”
She bites her lip. “Kind of. I haven’t gone out in a while with all the Broadway rehearsals. It’d be nice to just let loose for a night.”
“We can go if you want to.”
Her lips tug into a smile as she texts Miley back.

“It’s great to see you guys!” Miley gushes, wrapping her arms around the both of us. “Can I get you two something to drink?”
Beth looks at me, and I just shake my head. “You go ahead.” Beth smiles and heads off with Miley.
“Nick, dude, how are you?” Liam greets, thrusting his hand towards me.
“Hey, man. I’m well, how are you?” We both grip each other’s hands pretty tightly. I’d be lying if I said I don’t get that burning in my stomach anymore when I see him and Miley together.
“Doing fine. Glad you could make it.”
“This is so good,” Beth raves, approaching us with Miley in tow.
“Good. My friend told me I should make it for the party. It’s supposed to serve a lot of people for cheap.”
“But you definitely got the nice vodka, didn’t you?”
“Of course!” The two share a laugh.
Beth returns to my side but doesn’t forget to throw me a look that instantly reminds me I shouldn’t be feeling what I do. It’s a conversation we’ve had briefly—about Miley and Liam. Beth is a good friend of Miley’s, ever since I dated her, and Miley loves that Beth and I are together finally.
“Do you want to head downstairs? Miles said everyone was down there.” I nod and follow Beth through the house to where loud music is playing.
Sure enough, a large number of our friends are there. Beth doesn’t waste any time in greeting everyone she knows. Beth loves social events, and I’d rather be at home cuddled up with her under a big blanket and a movie. But I really care about her.
I’m in a conversation with our friend Tyler when she returns with a new cup of whatever drink Miley’s serving. “Ty! How are you?” she greets cheerily.
“I’m great, Beth. How are you?”
Beth nods for a moment. “Drunk.” She giggles and takes a sip of her drink.
“I’ll catch up with you later, dude.” Tyler waves goodbye to us and heads into the crowd of people.
“Are you okay?” she asks me, moving to stand in front of me. I feel my lips peel into a small smile as I set one of my hands against her waist, my thumb rubbing underneath where her shirt has come a little untucked.
I nod. “Yeah, I’m fine.” She stares at me in disbelief. “Really.” She still doesn’t say anything. “Do you want to go dance?”
Her expression immediately changes. “Yes!” She somehow polishes off her drink and leaves the cup on the table next to her. “Let’s go.” I take her hand and lead her into a spot in the crowd of dancing people. She presses her back against my chest and sways her hips to the music.
Her fingers lace with mine, and when the song ends and a new one starts, Beth turns around to face me. With no intentions of dancing.
“Now, I’m not trying to be rude, but hey pretty girl I’m feeling you.” I laugh as she dances along to the lyrics. “The way you do the things you do.”
The whole crowd of people is singing along, and a few of our friends join the small circle we’ve made. She dances for a few lines with Tyler’s girlfriend, Annie, before returning to me singing, “running her hands through my fro,” and exploding in laughter at her own joke.
Everyone in the basement is singing, and it kind of amazes me that I don’t actually know what song this is. Then again, I’m not exactly focused on it. I’m more focused on the recently placed hands around my neck. “It’s the remix to ignition, hot and fresh out the kitchen, mama rolling that body,” her hips roll over mine, causing me to bite my lip, “got every man in here wishing. Sippin’ on coke and rum; I’m like so what I’m drunk.”
She pulls my forehead down to rest on hers, and I pull her waist closer to me. “It’s the freakin’ weekend, baby. I’m about to have me some fun.” Her lips meet mine briefly.
“Now, it’s like murder she wrote. Once I get you out them clothes.” There goes the first button of my shirt. “Privacy is on the door, but still they can hear you screaming more.”
You could say the song ends too soon for my liking, but the party doesn’t end soon enough. I have a great time when I’m with Beth, but there are a lot of people we both know here. So, there’s a lot more socializing than I’d like to do tonight. We take our periodic dance breaks, but I just want to be with her.
“Let’s go home,” Beth pleads, leaning against me with a pout on her lips. She hiccups.
“A little too much to drink?”
She laughs and throws her arms around my neck. “No, silly. I just want to go home.” Her lips pull into a smirk, and her arms drop to play with the collar of my shirt.
“Yeah, we can go home.” We thank Miley for the invitation and head for the car. The walk there is a bit of a struggle for Beth, but we make it home safely.

The first thing she does is kick off her heels and collapse onto the couch. “You’re a mess,” I laugh. Beth giggles and gestures me over. She pulls me onto the couch and immediately presses her lips to mine, climbing into my lap. She continues in unbuttoning my shirt, and I start untucking hers.
Her lips separate from mine briefly to pull her shirt over her head. Sometimes I kind of forget how great of a body she has until it’s literally right in front of me. Then again, her hands love the feel of my chest underneath them. So, she’s got to be thinking the same.
She pushes my shirt off of my shoulders and I help her pull it off. She immediately starts tugging on the t-shirt. I wrap an arm around her and pull her underneath me, then yank the t-shirt over my head.
She bites her lip until ours meet again. I can’t get enough of the feeling of her skin against mine. Maybe that’s why I trusted her so much the first time. That was months ago, and still not a soul knows but the two of us. I always think that I still have feelings for Miley, but Beth constantly reminds me that it’s only my past trying to come back and bite me. I would never do this with just anyone. Not Miley, not Delta, not anyone. Only her.
I pull her belt loose and unbutton her shorts, pulling them down her hips. She kicks them off of her body and pulls my hips down on hers, a small whimper passing her lips. I chuckle and press my lips to her neck, my teeth grazing her soft skin. “Nick,” she pleads, her fingers pressing into my shoulders.
I capture her lips and nudge her left leg over to make more room for myself. She lifts herself up onto her elbows, and I take that opportunity to wrap an arm around her and flip us. She leans forward, rests her hands on the arm of the couch behind me, and kisses me again. I feel her hips slowly roll over me. She pulls away and rests her forehead on mine as my hands run up her back, pushing her bra straps off of her shoulders.
I undo the clasp, and she lets the bra fall down her arms before tossing it to the side, exposing the tattoo on the left side of her ribs. I run my hands up her sides and pull her lips back to mine. Another hip roll, and she has me grasping her hips and pressing her harder to me. She kisses my chest as she scoots down to undo the buttons of my jeans, which were starting to get a little tight anyways. She pulls them off my legs and comes back to my lips.