Tate

three.

The next morning Aiden came around begging me to forgive her for ditching me, and I forgave her. Because that’s what I do; I forgive people who don’t deserve it. She showed up at my house with my favorite movie, popcorn, and a six pack of Dr. Pepper. So I invited her inside and we watched the movie and drank the soda and ate the popcorn. It was around one when she decided she was bored and wanted to get out of the house.
“Well where do you want to go?” I asked.
“I can borrow my step dad’s truck and we can just drive around for a bit?” She says casually. But I knew she knew she already had something in mind. I went along with her anyways. We walked across the street to her house and got into her step dad’s old green truck. She drove, and I chose to not question her intentions. Thirty minutes into our drive, we arrive at the Devil’s Tower.
“What are we doing here?” I ask. She smiles at me and gets out of the truck. “Aiden?” I ask.
I get out and follow her through the trees. We walk for awhile, until we come upon a group of four. I immediately recognized Johnny who gives me us a nod. I also recognize the girl and other guy from last night, but they don’t recognize me.
“Hey Aid.” The girl says and gives her hug. Aiden smiles.
“Who’s this?” The guy from last night asks. He’s a tall guy, with dark skin and dark hair.
“This is Tate.” Aiden says and pulls me forward. “Aiden this is Chase, Ali, Johnny, and Liam.”
“Hi,” I say and give them a small wave. Chase is the dark skinned guy from last night and Ali is the girl.
Ali is blonde and perky. She’s naturally pretty and I can tell she’s almost a little too friendly. Liam is short and thin. He’s pale and has light blonde hair that matches.
“Alright, let’s go.” Chase says. He begins walking and the rest follow. I catch up to Aiden.
“Where are we going?” I whisper. She places an arm across my shoulders.
“Don’t worry about it.” She says with a devious smile.
We don’t walk far before coming upon a small lake. Ali is the first to strip down to her undies and jump in. Aiden doesn’t fall far behind her then the rest join in. I stand by a tree and watch as they splash around.
“C’mon Tate!” Chase yells and splashes in my direction. I stare for a moment, almost contemplating joining, but I decide against it.
“She’ll never come in,” Aiden says knowingly.
“Why not!” Ali asks with a playful whine. Aiden shrugs before being pushed under the water. I sit under a tree and watch as they swim and mess around.