Tate

four.

We walk back to our cars. The sun was setting behind us and before long the moon will have risen and we’d be left in darkness.
“What are you guy doing tonight?” Ali asks while running her fingers through her wet hair.
“Is there anything going on?” Aiden asks, hopeful.
“Johnny’s cousin is having some people over, so we were going to hang out there for awhile. You guys should come!” Ali squeaks with excitement.
“Yeah! I want to go home and change first, but we’ll definitely be there.” Aiden exclaims. I look at her with disbelief. She ditched me at the last party she dragged me to, why would I go with her to this one?
“Cool, I look forward to seeing you there.” Liam says coolly. Aiden’s face brightens.
“You know where his place is?” Johnny asks.
“Yeah,” Aiden replies.
“Cool.” He says with a sly smile. They get in their van and we get in the truck. Ali waves excitedly as they drive off.
“You’re unbelievable.” I say as I buckle my seat belt.
“What?” Aiden asks while giving me a small glare.
“I don’t want to go to another party with you!”
“Oh lighten up, Tate. These people are cool, and for the most part, they actually like you!” I look at her, a little shocked.
“Plenty of people like me.” I state, my voice quiet. She gives me a look. It’s the Aiden look. “I just don’t like them.”
“Well, if you get to know these people, you will like them.” She says while starting the truck. We sit in silent for most of the drive back. When we reach our houses, she finally speaks up. “Just come with me tonight. If you don’t have fun, I will never take you to a party with me again.”
“Promise?”
“I promise.”
“Fine.” I give in.
Aiden grins anxiously. “Come over in an hour! I’ll help you find something cute to wear.”
I roll my eyes, but nod in agreement. I know there’s no winning even if I protest against her.