Tate

six.

I have started my third beer when we finish the game. I did not lose, Johnny did. Being a light weight, I am a bit buzzed after my second beer. And I decide I kind of like it, so I sip on my third beer letting this happy buzz continue. When we finish with the game, Kirk and Rob leave. The rest of us sit around the table outside drinking our beers and smoking cigarettes, which I have also decided I like. We talk about what we want to do with a summer. And that’s when it’s decided.
“I think we’re going to head out soon.” Chase says. “There’s only so much to do in this tiny town.”
“Where are you going next?” Aiden asks.
“I’ve heard good things about Seattle.” Liam says.
“Besides the rain, it’s a pretty nice city. I wouldn’t mind spending a month or so there.” Chase says.
“You guys are lucky, I would love to just leave.” Aiden says and looks up at the stars.
“Why don’t you?” Johnny asks.
“Yeah.” Ali pipes up. “Why not come with us? I mean, just come travel with us until summer ends.”
Aiden grins. “That’s a great idea.” She says and looks at me. She gives me the look. The thought of being with these wild teens in a car for who knows how long makes me queasy. Or maybe it’s the beer, but I feel sick.