Status: Slowly but surely. :)

Crazy Beautiful

Chapter Two

Emma’s POV
Jon woke me up exactly an hour later and I felt a lot better.

“Sleep well?” he asked me smiling and I groaned.

“I look like shit don’t I?” I asked and Jon just laughed.

“Your makeup is a bit smudged and your hair is a bit bed-heady,” he said and I just groaned.

“Guess I’m going to shower then,” I said throwing my bags on the floor so I could open them.

“Well we have to lean in an hour and half,” Jon said not wanting to be late, “I want to be early to. . .”

“Captain Serious take a chill pill,” I laughed at my older brother, “You don’t always have to be the team captain. I’ll be ready early to go help though. Just relax you’re on your offseason enjoy it.”

Jon just rolled his eyes and muttered something under his breath and I just laughed lightly as he walked out of my room. I quickly grabbed some new clothes and threw them on my bed and walked into the bathroom. I let the shower wake up me some and got out as quickly as I could. Once I was out, I looked down at the outfit I had picked out early and decided to go with something way more casual. This was just a get together at Joel’s house and I didn’t need to impress anyone because I already knew everyone. Once I repicked my outfit, I walked back into my bathroom and decided to let my hair dry into their natural waves and then put on a small amount of makeup. I grabbed my shoes on my way out of my room and walked into the living room to see Jon and Lindsey talking.

“Hey Linds,” I grinned when I saw my brother’s girlfriend.

“I’m shocked Jon hasn’t killed you yet,” Lindsey laughed as she hugged me and I grinned.

“Me too,” I laughed, “Are you going to the get together? Wait let me rephrase that, did Jon give you a choice to come to this?”

“Ha, ha, very funny Emma,” Jon said and I just grinned.

“No I asked to come,” Lindsey smiled at me, “I figured that Jon would keep you hidden for a little bit so I decided to come out and see you.”

I just laughed and grinned while Jon shook his head for like the millionth time today.

“Let’s go Captain,” I said, “We’re going to be late according to your schedule.”

“Fine,” he said grinning at my teasing him, “Since you insist.”

I just shook my head and grabbed my purse from the counter and walked out of the apartment with Jon and Lindsey behind me. I was digging from my purse when it started ringing. I finally fished it out and saw Pat’s face show up on my iPhone.

“Hey,” I said as I answered the phone.

“Want a ride to Coach’s?” Pat asked, “Let the lovebirds have their own car ride.”

“You read my mind Kaner,” I said looking at Jon and Lindsey who were smirking at me, “You already here?”

“I am,” he said, “I thought Jon my leave super early.”

“He’s crazy I tell you,” I said smiling, “Never understood how we’re related.”

I heard Pat’s laugh and I just smiled at the sound.

“You and Jon both never understand it,” Pat replied and I just rolled my eyes, “See you in like two minutes beautiful. I’m in my sports car tonight.”

“Alright lover boy,” I said shaking my head, “See you soon.”

I then hung up my phone and saw Jon and Lindsey smirking at me.

“Not a word,” I said and they smiled at me.

“You two are so going to get together this summer,” Lindsey sang and I just rolled my eyes.

“I don’t think so,” I said trying to convince myself more than anyone else, “Kaner doesn’t want a girl like me.”

I saw Jon frown but he couldn’t say anything since the elevator doors opened and I quickly left the elevators. I threw a ‘see you soon’ over my shoulder and made my way straight to Pat’s car that was sitting outside on the curb of the apartment building and him leaning against the passenger seat. I smiled at his fancy car and smiled wider when I saw he was smiling at me.

“Well don’t you look cute,” he said and I felt myself blush.

“You clean up pretty well yourself Pat,” I said smiling at me.

I was the only one allowed to call Kaner by his nickname I gave him, Pat. He hated when anyone else called him Pat but me which was something everyone took notice of.

“Thanks beautiful,” he said as hugged me.

I could tell this hug was different from our normal hugs because of the fact it last longer and Pat put his head on top of mine. I closed my eyes and took in his smell of his Old Spice body wash and cologne he always wore. When we let go I looked up at him and saw him smiling down at me.

“Should we get going before your brother accuses us of sleeping together?” he asked me and I just laughed.

“We probably should,” I said smiling as he opened the passenger door for me, “Why thank you Kaner.”

“No problem beautiful,” he grinned at me as he shut the door and jogged around the car to the driver’s side.

He got in and we started on the drive to Joel’s house. The radio was playing some song I hadn’t heard before and I was quietly humming to the melody when Pat made the first move to talk.

“So how was your nap?” he asked smirking at me.

He knew how much I enjoyed my sleep and I grinned at him.

“Amazing,” I replied, “How was playing your Xbox?”

I knew Patrick loved playing his Xbox just as much as I loved sleeping. That meant whenever he had free time that’s what he was doing. He usually brought his Xbox on long trips on the road because he had panic attacks about someone stealing the gaming console.

“Great,” he grinned, “We’re going to have to play COD on one of your days off.”

“You and your addiction to Call of Duty,” I laughed shaking my head as he grinned, “I think you’re going to marry that game and your Xbox instead of a normal human being.”

This caused Pat to laugh and me to laugh along with him.

“Trust me,” Pat grinned, “I’m far from getting married to imamate objects.”

“I find that hard to believe,” I said looking at him and he just rolled his eyes.

“I’ll prove it to you one of these days Emma Rose Toews,” he said in a sing song voice.

“I’ll believe it when I see it Patrick Timothy Kane,” I sang back.

Pat just shook his head he got off the highway and followed the streets to Joel’s house. When we got to Joel’s house, there were cars everywhere already.

“Jon tells everyone to come early,” I said shaking my head, “I really never understand how you all put up with him. I wanted to kill him as we grew up.”

“I never understand how you two didn’t either,” Pat laughed as we walked up the driveway, “You both are almost polar opposites.”

“And I don’t understand how you two are friends then,” I laughed, “Because we’re the same.”

“It’s because I don’t have to see him twenty-four seven unlike you,” I heard Jon’s voice and I grinned.

Lindsey and Pat just laughed at our playful glaring contest but it was soon cut off as the front door opened and I was pulled into a bone crushing hug by none other than Duncan Keith.

“I’ve missed you Little Toews!” Duncan exclaimed and I laughed hugging back one of my many adoptive older brothers from the team.

“I’ve missed you too Dun,” I replied as he let me go, “How are you? How’s Jeanie? You two doing good?”

“Perfect actually,” he grinned at me, “She’s here if you want to talk to her later.”

“Perfect,” I grinned, “I’ll have to look for her after I’m passed around for hugs.”

“Okay I see one Toews where’s the female Toews?” I heard Brent’s voice exclaim over everyone and I just laughed to see the big kid coming into the living room.

“Hey Seabs,” I replied grinning at him.

“Emma!” he exclaimed and hugged me, “Glad to have you officially on the team. This way you can wrap me up when I’m injured and get paid for it this time.”

“Well the last trainer they hired didn’t know shit,” I replied and Brent just laughed at me.

“Well I think Kaner’s looking for you,” Brent said, “So I’m going to push towards the backyard where everyone’s hanging out.”

“Thanks Brent,” I replied and headed out towards the back to find everyone out back.

“No problem kid,” he grinned at me, “Just make sure you get him to take you out to dinner soon.”

I blushed at the comment and smiled at Brent. When I walked out into the backyard, everyone stopped talking and everyone yelled out congratulations which caused me to turn ten shades of red. I was more like my brother in the aspect of I wasn’t one to take all the credit. I liked being behind scenes and get things done. I was passed around for hugs with everyone and when I finally got to Joel, he was just smiling at me.

“It’s good to have you on the team Emma,” he said hugging me and then his wife, “It’s nice to know that family sticks together.”

“Well my mom has to have some hold on Jon,” I laughed, “So that’s why I’m here.”

Joel just laughed at my joke and I kindly excused myself to go find the one boy here that managed to not be considered a brother. I was walking around the backyard when I spotted him talking to Andrew and Hossa about his plan for the summer.

“Is he boring you with how fun Buffalo is?” I asked grinning widely as walked over to them, “Kaner how many times do I tell you no one cares about Buffalo. It sucks.”

Andrew and Hossa were laughing and Pat was playfully glaring at me as I stood there grinning.

“Really because you thought it was quiet beautiful when you visited for a couple of weeks last summer,” Pat grinned at me and wiped the smirk off my face.

“You visited Kaner,” Andrew said shocked, “Does Tazer know this?”

“I can’t believe you just used that card,” I said shocked and Pat was just grinning in triumph.

“Believe it beautiful,” he grinned as he pulled me into his side and kissed my cheek.

“I should kill you because Jon’s going to kill us now because Shaw can’t keep his mouth shut,” I said and Pat just shrugged his shoulders.

“It’s nothing we haven’t dealt with before,” Pat said and he was telling the truth.

I remembered the away game that I went to go see when they were playing the Wild. I was way too tired to drive back to UND so Pat and I just hung out after the game and we fell asleep in his room. I remember waking up to a real pissed off Jon and us having to explain everything.

“We’re talking when we get home Em,” Jon said walking past us and I sighed rolling my eyes.

“Want me to come help?” Pat asked and I shook my head no.

“I’ll be fine Pat,” I smiled, “But want something to drink? I’ll go get it.”

“I’ll come with,” Pat said standing up and grabbing my hand, “That way I don’t wonder where you are when we get stopped by everyone and their mothers.”

Jon’s POV
I was currently sitting with Sharpy, his wife, Abby, and Lindsey when Shaw came rushing up to us with a wicked grin on his face.

“Hey Tazer did you know your sister and Kaner spent two weeks together in Buffalo?” he asked interrupting our conversation.

“What?” I asked a bit shocked.

Emma had left that piece of information out last summer when we were home. I wasn’t mad at her for visiting Kaner but I was a bit upset that she kept it from me. However I knew why she was keeping it from me, the last time I found her and Kaner together they were curled up in each other’s arms and I flipped out.

“Yeah she was giving Kaner shit about Buffalo and then he said that’s not what you said last summer when you came to visit me,” Shaw said and everyone looked over at me.

“Alright I’ll talk to her about it Shaw,” I said, “Thanks.”

“No problem man,” he said and then grinned while adding the last part, “So if you kill Kaner do you mind if I go after her?”

“I suggest you get out of here Shaw before I pound you,” I said and everyone laughed as Shaw left grinning.

“Are you mad?” Lindsey asked me and I shook my head no and looked over at Pat and Emma who were talking.

“Not really,” I said, “They’ve known each other six years and have been flirting with each other. I’m sick and tired of them just flirting. I even told Kaner to go for it.”

“Wow,” Sharpy said, “You’re definitely serious about it if you told him to go for it.”

“I am,” I said standing up, “And now I’m going to go make my little sister sweat it out some.”

“I swear you two enjoy making each other miserable,” Lindsey laughed with Abby.

“I know,” I grinned and walked over to where they were standing.

When I got closer I saw Pat shrug his shoulder and say something to her.

“We’re talking when we get home Em,” I grinned winking at Kaner and I heard Emma sigh.

I then walked back to where we were sitting and I watched Kaner grab her hand and they headed inside.

“If they don’t start dating within the next week I’m officially going to bring the team in and we’re having an intervention,” Keith said coming and sitting next to us, “I just watched them talking to Crawford and Kaner had his hand casually wrapped around Emma’s waist.”

“You and me both Keith,” I replied while the girls laughed at us.

“You boys sound like a bunch of girls,” Abby laughed, “Talking about relationships and what not.”

“I have to agree,” Lindsey laughed, “You should hear yourselves.”

“Well look missy,” I said looking at Lindsey who was trying not to laugh at me, “My sister has dated almost every type of asshole in the world I think and Kaner’s a good guy and he just needs to find the right girl to calm him down some and that’s my sister.”

Lindsey and Abby continued to laugh at us but I knew I was right. Kaner needed someone to keep him grounded and Emma needed someone to open her eyes to see the world in a new light and they both could do that for each other.
♠ ♠ ♠
Here's another update!