Status: Always working

Nothing Normal

Butterfly Expressions

“Hey, Kelsey!”

Kelsey covered her ears as Justin yelled barging into her and Vivian’s apartment without knocking.
“Justin, you can’t just come in.”

Justin dangled his keys in front of her. “Yes, I can. Viv gave me a key.”

Kelsey raised her eyebrows, “Oh, she did, did she?”

“Yes, I did.” Vivian said walking into the room.

Kelsey turned to face her as Vivian grabbed her purse. “You could have discussed that with your roommate.”

Vivian laughed, “I could have but I didn’t. Since when have I ever asked you for permission to do something?”

Kelsey smiled, “That’s true.”

Vivian wrapped her arm around Justin about to leave. “So, what are you and Blaine doing today?”

“Actually he’s busy so I’m just going to do whatever. I’m just going to have a lazy day.”

Vivian sighed, “That sounds really good right now but this guy has something planned.” Vivian turned and punched him in the arm, “But he won’t tell me what.”

Kelsey laughed, “You and Blaine really hate letting other people know your plans.”

Justin smiled, “Yeah, we’re weird. Come on let’s go baby.” He turned and kissed Vivian on the cheek.

Vivian ran and gave Kelsey a hug, whispering, “You have a fun day, ok? We will talk later.” Vivian was kind of concerned about her friend she had seemed off all day like something wasn’t sitting well with her.

Kelsey nodded. Justin walked up and picked up Kelsey’s hand and kissed it lightly. “We’ll see you later.”

Kelsey smiled and ushered them out the door, “Ok, you two have fun.” She closed the door.

Vivian frowned at the door, wanting nothing more than to go back in and order Kelsey to tell her what was up. Justin kissed her cheek, “What’s up, Viv?”

“Nothing. Kelsey’s just acting weird.”

“I noticed. Do you want to stay with her? We can rain check,” he kissed her neck, “but you’d have to make it up to me later.”

Vivian smiled, “As much fun as making it up to you sounds, I think we should just go. When Kels is upset she needs time to think everything through before I step in. I’ll get her to talk later.”

Justin took her hand, “Ok. So let’s forget that and go have fun.”

Vivian smiled and kissed him, “That sounds perfect.”

They walked silently to his car. When they sat down he pulled out a black cloth out. “You have to be blindfolded.”

“But it’ll mess up my makeup.”

Justin smiled and started to tie it over her eyes despite her protests. When he was done he pulled away, “There.”

Vivian pouted, “Fine... but this better be worth it.”

Justin took her hand and held it, starting the car. “It will be.”

They filled the ride to wherever with comfortable conversation. Justin couldn’t help but to keep checking Vivian out, since she couldn’t see him after all. She was wearing jeans that fit in all the right places and she was wearing the jacket of his that she had declared was hers. She had never looked better than she did dressed in his jacket and with her hair in the hair pony it was in now.

Justin smiled as he pulled in; she was going to love this. “Ok, wait right there. I’ll open the door for you.”

Vivian wanted to peek so badly but she knew that if Justin caught her he would be crushed. He loved to surprise her. Justin didn’t have the money to spoil her like Blaine had to spoil Kelsey. So the little things he managed to surprise her were the best he could do, so she always went along. It had been four months since they had started dating. Today was their four month anniversary. Blaine and Kelsey were just a few days short of four months.

Justin opened the door and took Vivian’s hand, helping her out. He led her just a few steps and leaned in. “Ok so it’s been four months, so I wanted to take you somewhere extra special. You can take the blindfold off.”

Vivian took the blindfold off and squealed. “Oh my gosh, really?” She turned and hugged Justin kissing him softly. “How’d you know? I didn’t think I’d told you.”

"Kelsey did, something about how they are always in your life and something about the first day you guys met."

He had taken Vivian to a butterfly house.

Justin smiled. She seemed so happy. Vivian turned in his arms and attached her lips to his. She instantly deepened the kiss.

She had had a lot of boyfriends before Justin but none of them had obviously cared about her as much as he did. He went out of his way to make her feel amazing and loved.

Justin moaned into the kiss, but pulled away instantly. Regret flashed across his face. "As much as I would love to continue that. I brought you here to go inside not make out in the parking lot and there are also several surprises inside," he whispered.

Vivian smiled and took his hand pulling him toward the door. When they stepped inside Justin walked up to the desk. "Hi, Audrey."

The girl at the desk took her headphones out. "Hey, Justin, haven't seen you in a while."

"Yeah, hey is it ok if we just go ahead in?"

"Yeah, that's fine don't worry about it. Go ahead." The girl stuck her headphones back in and waved lightly to Vivian, smiling.

"Come on, Viv, let's go in."

When they stepped into the large room, covered in the most beautiful flowers Vivian had ever seen and there were butterflies everywhere.

Justin quickly left reaching into a closet that Vivian hasn't noticed because it was shielded by plants.

He handed Vivian a Hawaiian shirt. "Put it on," he said slipping his own on.

"No way those are so ugly," Vivian refused.

Justin smiled, "Watch. This is why you put it on."

He stepped out into the clearing, holding his arms out and instantly butterflies landed on him.

Vivian tentatively put on her own and stepped forward. As soon as she took her spot next to Justin several landed on her, flapping their wings beautifully.

"Oh my gosh, this feels so weird. They are so pretty." Vivian said her voice shaking in excitement.

"I know isn't it amazing." He opened his mouth to say something but was loudly interrupted.

"Justin! I didn't know you were dropping by today." Justin turned just in time to be wrapped in a hug by a middle aged woman. "It's been a while."

"Yeah, I've missed you, I decided to someone by today. Audrey just told me to come on in."

"Oh that's fine honey. I just didn't know you were coming. And who is this?" The middle aged woman turned and smiled at Vivian.

"This is Vivian," he smiled wrapping his arms righty around her waist.

"Oh she's so pretty. Your descriptions didn't do her justice."

Vivian blushed and shifted uncomfortably under the woman's pleasant eyes.

Justin smiled, "and Vivian this is my mom."

Vivian looked up shocked she hadn't expected to meet either of his parents for a while longer.

His mom stepped forward and hugged Vivian tightly, "it is so nice to finally meet you and put a face to all of those wonderfully amazing stories, Justin goes on and on about."

Vivian blushed and smile softly, "it's good to meet you too. Justin speaks so fondly of you. If you are half as amazing as he says then I have a lot to live up to."

The woman laughed warmly and all Vivian's nerves melted away. It was impossible to be uncomfortable around her.

They spent the rest of the day in the butterfly house. They had a picnic in the middle of the butterfly house because it was closed for the day. It turned out that Justin's mom owned it. Justin had worked there for a while in high school and absolutely loved helping out when he could. Vivian smiled to herself. Yeah butterflies had proved again to be a big part of her life.

Justin and Vivian pulled up in front of her apartment. They had been silent the whole ride back. Both lost in thought about everything that had happened that day.

Justin turned to Vivian smiling, "Did you have fun?"

"Absolutely. That was one of the most amazing places I've ever been and meeting your mom was amazing. I really liked her."

Justin smiled fondly, "she really liked you too. I'm glad. I don't know why I would have done if she hadn't liked you." He looked at her meekly. "I have a bad track record with girlfriends my mom likes."

Vivian smile and leaned over giving him a sweet kiss. "Well you got it right this time."

Justin smiled, "Yeah, I did." He climbed out and walked around to help Vivian out.
♠ ♠ ♠
Caroline in the house! Ok, that was dorky let me start again! Hey, guys! The real life Kelsey here! This chapter was actually kind of a present to the real life Vivian (Kollie)! Butterflies mean a lot to her. They have always popped up in amazing ways in her life. One way that is most significant to her is how the day we met, her first day at school she wore jeans with butterflies on the pockets! I told her I loved them and that's the day our friendship began! If you want to hear more of her butterfly stories you can comment or message her here. We share an account (true friendship)! The next chapter is the chapter that we have an alternate to! Comment or message us if you want it! Tell us what you thought! Is everything moving too fast? We value y'alls opinion. Comment and we win reply to any questions or critiques as fast as we can. We would love to hear from you! Comment, subscribe, and butterfly on (Ok that was dorky too. What's my problem right now?) Love you all! Mahal Kita! Ciao bella!