Status: Always working

Nothing Normal

Night of Promises

“Ok. What’s wrong?” Kelsey felt the covers she was bundles up in ripped away as Vivian yelled.

Kelsey reached instinctively for the warmth that had been pulled suddenly away. “Nu-uh…” Vivian said matter of factly. “Talk.”

Kelsey paused the movie she had been watching and stretched. “What are you talking about?”

“You’ve been acting weird and in reply to my text earlier you replied ‘ok’.” Vivian said the last thing incredulously.

Kelsey rolled her eyes. “So… All I said was ok.”

“Yeah, but we’ve been friends since forever and I know you ‘absolutely detest’ people that text back one word replies, your words not mind. Therefore you would never text me back like that way if you were ok. So tell me, Kels, what’s wrong?” Kelsey internally hated the way her friend knew her so well but she wouldn’t trade it for anything.

“Fine.” Vivian squealed at Kelsey words and jumped onto the foot of her bed sitting cross legged.
Kelsey continued, “I know it’s probably nothing but I’ve been feeling like Blaine is being evasive and like when we’re together he’s distracted, he’s on his phone a lot, and he’s just acting distant. I just don’t know why. He hasn’t said anything, but he keeps blowing off our plans and it’s just been kinda getting to me.”

Vivian nodded understandingly, “Well, have you tried to talk to him about it?”

“No, I haven’t. I mean we’ve been dating for three months but I don’t want to seem needy or clingy. I
just… It feels like… I mean…” Kelsey was silent for several moments choosing her words wisely.
“When I started dating Blaine the thing I liked about him is it always felt like he was being completely honest with me and I loved that about him. Unlike the last guys who I always felt like were just… ‘off’ somehow. Lately with how Blaine’s been acting I’ve just kind of started having flashbacks of my relationship with Kyle.” Kelsey said the name with severe disinterest.

Vivian nodded and hated that even now Kelsey still thought about Kyle. Vivian had hated him from the beginning. He was the captain and quarterback of the football team. He was Mr. All-Around. He made good grades, was good at sports, was charismatic, all the guys liked him, all the girls were crushing on him, and all the parents loved him. Vivian would have to admit even though she would never do so out loud. He actually had her fooled too.

Contrary to Kelsey usual type, he had blond hair, blue eyes, and an amazing build. Kelsey liked guys with dark hair, dark eyes, and a very understated build, the guys she liked were fit but they were by no means body builders. But not Kyle. Starting in the ninth grade college scouts were always looking at him. He was big, muscled, fast, and smart. He could have easily gotten a scholarship in any of the sports he played. Before he graduated, he had been offered scholarships from big 1A schools all over in baseball, basketball, and football. Vivian had heard he eventually landed at the University of Alabama with a big football scholarship but had career ending injury during spring training. Vivian smiled to herself remembering. Serves him right.

In the summer of their eleventh grade year, Kelsey and Kyle were partnered up in a youth mission’s project and really hit it off. That’s when Vivian started to realize that behind the good guy façade he wasn’t all that great, but she had bit her tongue and shut her mouth because her friend was over the moon.

Kelsey was so happy with Kyle and Kyle was sweet, thoughtful, and through and through good to
Kelsey, even if it did pain Vivian to admit it. Kelsey dove head first into the relationship, abandoning her ‘think everything through’ attitude. She went everywhere with him and followed him like a puppy and Kyle expected her to, but Vivian didn’t say anything because he wasn’t mistreating Kelsey at all.
He was good to her. Bought her nice gifts, complimented her, cared for her, respected her boundaries and would have given her the world. Vivian didn’t have a problem with how Kelsey was treated just about how dependent her usually so independent best friend was toward him.

But everything changed the night after their football team had won their senior year state championship, Kyle leading the way. Just like always, Vivian and Kelsey left the game, piled into cars with everyone else, and headed for the celebration parties. And just like always when they got to the party and Kelsey spotted Kyle, they split up.

Vivian worked her way into the crowd dancing with a few guys from school but mostly chatting with all the girls that weren’t too busy with their boyfriend or trying to get one for that fact. And just like always Vivian kept an eye on her best friend as she hung on Kyle’s arm.

At first Kelsey and Kyle just worked the crowd, until Kyle leaned in and whispered something in
Kelsey’s ear causing her to giggle. She nodded and they both excused themselves from the conversation they had been in currently. Kelsey followed Kyle through the crowd holding his hand tight until they disappeared inside.

Vivian went back to dancing and trying to fight off the bad feeling in her stomach. Not twenty minutes later she was pulled out of her carefree dancing with the school first string running back by Kelsey asking her if they could go. Vivian’s first instinct was to say ‘no’ and then ‘why?’ but she turned to look at her friend’s flushed face and misty eyes and knew that whatever questions she had they could wait.

When Vivian finally got Kelsey home, they were having a sleepover like they did every Friday night; Kelsey burst into tears and spilled everything. Kyle had been pressuring her to take their making out further. So he took her to a room. Kelsey had told him she thought she was ready, but when they went too far and she told him he refused to stop, insisting that she grow up and stop being a baby.
Kelsey said she had shoved him off and locked herself in the bathroom,

More than anything in that moment Vivian wanted to go and beat the living crap out of him. Kelsey was innocent, naïve, and had a problem standing up for herself. She maybe should grow up and stop acting childish. Maybe she did value things that most other teenagers didn’t but that gave him no right to try to force her to do something that she didn’t want to do and Vivian was furious.

Vivian took one look at her friend and knew that she had somewhere better to be than beating up Kyle. She needed to be there for her friend. That night Kelsey and Vivian stayed up eating gummi bears, ice cream, and chocolate covered strawberries, drinking sparkling grape juice and watching Disney movies.

In the morning, they woke up to Vivian’s doorbell ringing and Kyle at the door with a dozen roses and a million apologies. Kelsey fell for it. Out of Kelsey and Vivian’s whole friendship, that is the only decision that Vivian ever remembers Kelsey making bad.

Kyle grew distant and distracted around Kelsey after that and not a month later Kelsey caught him in bed with another girl.

Vivian knew she would be sick to find out how much money she spent on cheering up Kelsey in the months after that. That’s why when Kelsey laid out how Blaine was acting Vivian’s mind had just like Kelsey’s gone to Kyle. What Vivian didn’t want to think is that Blaine was acting like that for all the same reasons.

“Do you think he would cheat on me?” Kelsey’s words broke Vivian out her thoughts. She had asked the very thing that Vivian was asking herself.

Vivian stayed quiet and picked her words carefully. “I don’t know, Kels, but I think what’s important now is that you talk to him. That’s all you can do and you owe it to him to tell him how you’re feeling.”

Kelsey’s voice came soft, “What if he is just like Kyle? I think my heart would shatter into a million pieces.”

Normally, Vivian would have laughed at her friend’s melodramatic words but not now. “Then we pick up the pieces and move on. But if he’s not then you need to talk to him.”

Kelsey nodded. The air in the room was thick with feeling. The energy charged with emotion. Neither knew exactly what to say or how to say something if they did have a thought.

Kelsey looked over at her friend playing with the hem of her shirt and smiled. “I really hate that you’re always right.”

Vivian’s smile grew with mischief and said dramatically. “Yes, me too. It truly is an awful curse to bear.”

Kelsey bit her lip and laughed. “Oh, ok.”

Vivian laughed and continued in her deep Southern royalty accent for dramatic effect. “Now, I shall retire and catch up on my shows I do have DVR’d whilst you call that boy of yours to straighten him
out.”

“Yeah, just get out of here, my lady.”

“As you wish,” and with that Vivian left Kelsey to her thoughts.

Kelsey stared at the blank iMessage slot until finally she settled for a something simple.

KELSEY: Meet me at the café in 10?

She didn’t have to wait long for a reply.

BLAINE: Be there in 5 ;)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Kelsey pulled on the first dress she reached and checked her hair and makeup in the mirror and left.
She could feel the harsh wind brush against her face and shivered. She really hoped she was making up everything in her head and that none of it was true but she had a sick feeling that she was wrong in hoping and that everything she thought would be right.

Kelsey pulled open the door to the café glad they stayed open until twelve. It was eleven o’ nine.

It didn’t take her long to spot Blaine. He was sitting at a table sipping what she assumed was his usual coffee with a hint of cinnamon. His curly hair was ruffled and his cheeks red.

“Hey, Blaine.”

“Oh, hey, Kels!” He sat his coffee down and jumped up to hug her. He kissed her sweetly on the cheek. “OOO you’re so cold.” He rubbed up and down her arms trying to warm her arms through the jacket. “Is that helping, sweetheart?”

Kelsey looked at Blaine and how he was acting and almost forgot why she was here. “Blaine, stop. We need to talk.”

Blaine immediately stopped and looked at her confused. “Um, ok, but why did you say it like that? You had me scared.” Blaine tried to crack a smile, but when he saw that Kelsey didn’t smile back, his smile faded. “Ok.” He said and sat down immediately looking down at his coffee worried.

Kelsey took a deep breath and sat across from him. “Sorry. I didn’t mean to be so abrupt.”

“It’s ok,” Blaine responded quietly.

Kelsey looked at him. He looked slightly dejected he was staring aimlessly at his coffee and was slumped in his seat. “Are you breaking up with me?” Blaine asked quietly.

Kelsey instinctively wanted to protest and say ‘no’, but honestly she needed to talk to Blaine to know for sure. She picked her words carefully. “I know that we haven’t really talked about our exes yet, but
I need to tell you about one of mine so you understand.”

Blaine nodded and looked up to Kelsey giving her his full attention.

“My last boyfriend, Kyle, we dated in high school. He was smart, charming, athletic, and he was just all around an amazing guy.” Blaine looked a little hurt as the words fell out of her mouth. “He was the captain of the football team, went to church, made good grades, just everything. We dated through junior year he was the best boyfriend ever. He was sweet romantic, thoughtful, but not controlling. He was just right. But in our senior year he started to pressure me into things that I didn’t want like in our relationship and outside of it. It came to a head one night after a game when I told him I was ready and when we actually got to you know I wasn’t. I told him to stop that I’d changed my mind; he just laughed and told me to grow up and stop acting like a little kid. He told me there were tons of girls that would be willing to give themselves up to him if I wasn’t. I eventually just shoved him off and left.”

Kelsey stopped and just breathed. It still hurt to remember that night. Blaine reached across the table and took her hand. Even though she was unsure about their relationship she still appreciated the gesture and accepted it.

“He showed up the next morning, apologizing. And,” Kelsey laughed harshly, “like an idiot, I forgave him and took him back. After that we grew apart. It’s actually pretty sad looking back. More than a couple we were friends. I could tell him anything. We grew up together. Other than Vivian, he was the only person that understood me. None of that matter to time though. Time just caused us to grow farther and farther apart.” Kelsey paused thinking back. She really had loved him, but more than anything when they had grown apart she had just wanted the friend she had told everything to back. Of course, she still had Vivian but sometimes Kyle was the only one that could get something through to her. A month later, I caught him in bed with another girl. The same bed that we had laid in, talking about how we were going to get out together. We were going to travel together. We both had big dreams. It was the same bed he had told me how much he loved me and would do anything for me. But I guess he changed his mind. The only good to come out of that was it made me one hundred percent sure that Vivian was NEVER gonna leave my side.” Kelsey laughed, “and so far she hasn’t. The reason I’m telling you this is because that’s how I’ve been feeling lately about us. I love you, Blaine and I don’t want anything to come between us but I need to know if there is someone else. I can’t do that again.”

Kelsey raised her eyes to meet Blaine’s. His eyes were wide with shock and he looked like he was genuinely surprised. “You think I’m cheating on you?” Blaine broke the silence.

“I don’t know. I don’t know what to think. I never thought you ever would or that you were even the kind of person to but I didn’t think Kyle would ever either. You’ve just been blowing off everything we plan. When we are together, you’re distant. You always check your phone and excuse yourself to go take phone calls. And you just always seem distracted.”

Blaine looked at her and laughed, “Are you serious? You think I’m cheating on you? This is crazy.” He said the last bit under his breath.

Kelsey shook her head unbelieving. He wouldn’t deny that he was and now he was laughing at her.
“Whatever. Forget it.”

Kelsey stood up and made for the door. As she reached it she heard Blaine call after her but she just pushed the door open and stepped out. She felt the cold wind hit her like a ton of bricks, chilling her to the bone instantly. She started to walk quickly down the sidewalk. To her apartment. To Vivian. To home. Away from Blaine.

Kelsey had made it half a block when Blaine burst out the door of the café. “No! Kelsey, stop! I’m not laughing at you! Let me explain!”

Kelsey whirled around on him, “Explain what! You never denied cheating on me and you just laughed after everything I told you.”

Blaine grabbed for her hand but Kelsey jerked it away. HE looked at her, eyes pleading. “Kelsey, I would never cheat on you. I love you. I’ve been acting weird because I’ve been—I’m trying to—”
Blaine seemed to be at a loss for words.

Kelsey rolled her eyes, unforgiving. “You've been what, Blaine?” She asked harshly.

Blaine bit his lip. “Just let me show you.” He reached for her hand again but she jerked away again.
Blaine held his hands up to show that he meant no harm. “Just let me show you. Just follow me.”

Kelsey looked at him, “Why should I?” Blaine tilted his head to say ‘really?’. “Fine, but afterwards if
I’m not satisfied I just get to leave no protest and you disappear forever.”

Blaine nodded, “Fair enough.”

Kelsey fell in step behind Blaine. After walking a few blocks, Blaine turned. “Are you really not going to walk beside me?”

Kelsey shrugged and walked past Blaine. He smiled and jogged up quickly beside her. As soon as he caught up, he noticed Kelsey shiver and pull her coat tighter around her.

Blaine slid his jacket off his shoulders and went to put it around Kelsey. “Here take mine.”

Kelsey ducked and whispered, “Thank you,” as he put it over her shoulders.

Blaine smiled at her meekness, “Don’t mention it. Oh we’re here.”

Kelsey looked up. They were at an abandoned building. “Are you going to kill me for yelling earlier?”

Blaine laughed, “No, just come on I promise the surprise is better than this.”

Kelsey smiled, “It’s a surprise?”

Blaine shrugged and took her by the shoulders, leading her in. When they had stepped inside,
Kelsey’s nose scrunched at the stench. “Blaine, it’s gross in here.”

Blaine grabbed her hand and held it tight. “Come on, just follow me. We’re not there yet.” Blaine dragged her up several flights of stairs. The higher they got the more excited Kelsey grew she stared to run up the stairs laughed. Blaine began to laugh and chase her. Before either knew it they reached a door that said ‘roof’.

Kelsey turned to face Blaine. “Looks like we got carried away what level do we need to get back down to.” Kelsey started to walk down the stairs but stopped when Blaine pulled on her hand.

“No this is it. Come on. It’s on the roof.” Kelsey came back up next to him and he placed his hands over her eyes. “Nu-uh, eyes closed.” He leaned forward and whispered in her ear, “It’s a surprise.”
He gave her cheek a sweet peck and pushed the door to the roof open.

Kelsey felt the cold air whisper across her face and unconsciously shrunk into Blaine. “No peeking. I’m going to fix a few things really quickly.”

Kelsey felt his hands move from over her eyes and quickly replaced them with her own, fighting the urge to peek. “Why is it that you always have to surprise me?”

Blaine laughed, “surprises make everything more fun. If you don’t know what’s happening then you don’t plan ahead on how everything is going to go and you just live in the moment, drinking in every ounce of experience that you want. I want you to have the best times with me.”

“Why are you so adorable?”

“Because not being adorable is so overrated.” Blaine walked to her side and brushed her hands off, replacing them with his own. “Ok, are you ready?” Kelsey nodded excitedly. “Then, open your eyes.”

Blaine moved his hands and Kelsey’s eyes flashed open. She squinted, her eyes trying to adjust.

They were on the rooftop. She already knew that. The stars were twinkling up above beautifully. But that’s not what was amazing. On the ledge of the roof Blaine had draped a picnic blanket with candlesticks and flowers ready for a romantic dinner. Strung above their heads, covering the span of the roof were circle bulb string lights, complimenting the twinkles of the star lights. Kelsey noticed his guitar leaned up against the ledge close to the blanket. When her eyes traveled down she noticed that the ground was sprinkled with white rose petals. They looked like a path leading her to the picnic set up. Off to the side she noticed there were several thick blankets laid out, a stereo close beside them. The stereo was sitting on top of a very antique looking trunk. Everything was beautiful.

Kelsey blinked back tears. When she had texted him she had been ready to break up with him and leave him in the past, but she hadn’t been ready for this.

“Oh, Blaine.”

“Do you like it?” He asked meekly. Kelsey covered her mouth still amazed at how truly amazing her boyfriend was. Blaine got nervous and started to ramble. “I mean it’s not completely perfect like I wanted. I was planning on bringing you here tomorrow or the next day. There were still a few more things to get done. But you were just talking and thinking I had cheated and I panicked. And I just didn’t kno—”

Blaine was cut off by Kelsey covering his mouth with her own. She pressed her lips passionately against his, moving their lips together. Blaine relaxed at the contact and finally kissed back. They stayed like that several moments before Kelsey pulled back breathless.

“Blaine, this is absolutely perfect. I love you so much.”

Blaine smiled and leaned their foreheads together. “Are you still going to break up with me?”

“No, I think I’ll keep you.” Kelsey wrapped her arms around his neck and began to kiss him again.

Their lips slide together in perfect time. Blaine’s arms wrapped around Kelsey, pulling her flush and kiss her passionately. Kelsey played with the tight curls at the nape of Blaine’s neck, as his lips worked against her own. Kelsey needed air but then again so did Blaine and neither wanted to give up what they had just for air.

Blaine felt as if he was walking on a cloud. For the last month he had worked endlessly trying to get everything ready so that he could take Kelsey’s breath away with how much he loved her. And here she was taking his breath away.

Blaine carried Kelsey over to the blankets that he had laid out. Kelsey was too busy sucking gently on
Blaine’s bottom lip to notice when he began to lower her gently onto the blanket. When Kelsey’s back hit the blanket, she broke the kiss just long enough to settle under Blaine.

Blaine held himself up with his arms but lowered his head to connect their lips again.

Kelsey could feel the passion and love behind every kiss form Blaine. She couldn’t imagine why she ever would compare Blaine to Kyle. Kyle was her first kiss and had kissed her senseless many times, but he had never kissed her like this. Kyle had kissed her for pleasure. Blaine kissed her to show how much he loved, how he would never leave her, and to let her know how much she meant to him. And Kelsey could feel every ounce of love and adoration Blaine felt for her even in the slightest peck.

Kelsey pulled Blaine down on top of her and started to run her hands up the back of his shirt. Before she had gotten very far Blaine pulled away, flushed and breathless. Blaine smiled a love sick smile down at her. It was a smile he only used when it was the two of them and Kelsey loved it. It was a smile that made his dimples deepen, his eyes sparkle, and she imagined it made his face hurt.

Blaine smiled, “God, I love you so much.” He bent down one last time to kiss her quickly. “I would love to keep doing that but there is a reason I brought you here and if we keep going like that I’m pretty sure I’ll forget. So raise up I have something for you.”

Kelsey smiled and sat up as Blaine crawled toward the antique trunk she had seen earlier. She couldn’t deny that she was admiring the view as Blaine bent over to pull some stuff out of the trunk.

Blaine laughed as he reached into the trunk, “take a picture it’ll last longer.”

Kelsey blushed furiously and tried to avoid Blaine’s eyes as he sat back down next to her.

“Ok. Now I can cross ‘embarrass Kelsey’ off my bucket list. So with that done, let’s get started.”

Kelsey scooted closer to Blaine and punched his arm playfully, “Shut up. Now what do you have?”

Blaine looked down in his hands and laid down everything but a piece of paper. He looked at it longingly for a moment, biting his lip, “this is one of my favorite pictures of my parents. It was taken, um, well let me see.” He reached in his pocket and felt for his phone. He pulled it out, “See I wasn’t planning on bringing you here until tomorrow.” He looked at the clock that read twelve o’ three. “Well, I guess it is tomorrow so the picture was taken exactly twenty-five years ago today. It was taken right here on this roof.”

Kelsey looked up and tilted her head.

Blaine laughed slightly, “You know every time my parents tried to tell me something romantic they had done, I had said eww and refused to listen. In my defense what twelve year old boy is a romantic?” He took the picture from Kelsey sadly. “Now I would love nothing more than to hear all of their stories, like how they met. You know I never heard them tell that story the first time I heard the story was at their funeral.” Blaine bit his lip.

Kelsey knew this was hard for him so she slid her hand into his. He looked up and smiled softly, “This was one of the only stories they ever told me. My dad brought my mom up here. They were poor college students. My dad couldn’t afford to take her for over the top food, so he settled for an over the top view.”

Kelsey nodded and looked around here she could hear car passing down on the street. Occasionally the silence was broken by a car honk. The lights of the city were shielded by the sides of the building, making the roof dark and the stars in the sky easy to see as they sparkled back and forth in a silent conversation.

“I used other pictures form that night. I swear they had a photo shoot. There are so many pictures.
But it helped me recreate it. That is the same blanket and the same vases from that night. The only thing I changed was the flowers. I found snow drops because I know they’re you favorite.”

“Oh, Blaine,” Kelsey said as she thought of all of the time it must have taken him to plan all of this.

“I know, I’m amazing but I’m not done yet. The reason I brought you up here is because that night at the ice cream shop I realized I wanted to do something just how much you mean to me.” Blaine held up a jewelry box and handed it over to Kelsey. Kelsey paused momentarily until Blaine urged her,
“Open it.”

Kelsey nodded and pecked Blaine’s cheek gently before beginning to open it. When she opened it she smiled inside was a pair of earrings and a locket. “Blaine, they’re beautiful.”

Blaine smiled sweetly, “Do you want me to help you put them on?”

Kelsey smiled, “Please.”

Blaine pulled the locket from the box. The locket was in the shape of a heart and had ‘I Love You’ engraved with embellishment on the front. “All of the jewelry I am giving you my dad gave my mom the night of their date here. This locket was broken when he bought it for her, but you know that was her favorite thing about it. She said that it made it unique. A locket that wouldn’t open. When I was little I remember my dad telling her he could go get it fixed and she refused to let him. She wore this all the time.” Blaine smiled at the memory and reached around Kelsey’s neck to put the chain around it. Blaine let his fingers ghost down the chain as he pulled away.

Kelsey looked down and smiled running her fingers over the locket. She raised her eyes to meet Blaine’s. He was looking down at the locket, smiling, but soon raised his own eyes to meet hers. He smiled and leaned in, pressing his lips against Kelsey’s.

Blaine pulled away and smiled, “You still have more gifts.”

When Kelsey had switched out her earrings for the pair from Blaine she smiled and sat with her hand folded, obviously patient, in her lap. “Ok, the last gift is the one that means the most to me.” Blaine held the last jewelry box in his hand and slowly opened it.

Kelsey gasped when she saw the sparkle of an antique looking diamond ring. It was white gold and was made out of a flat spiral. In the middle of the ring was a diamond set with a smaller diamond on each side.

Kelsey covered her mouth, “Oh my gosh, Blaine. It’s— amazing.”

“I have been wearing that ring along with these two.” He pulled the chain Kelsey had always seen around his neck out from under his shirt. She had always wondered what hung on it but she had never had a chance to ask. Around it hung two white gold bands. “These are my parents’ wedding bands. And this,” he pulled the ring from the box, “was my mom’s engagement ring. I want you to have it. I’m not proposing tonight like my dad did to my mom twenty-five years ago that night, but I want this to be a promise. A promise to never leave you. To be on your side when even I know you’re wrong. To defend you. To protect you. A promise to encourage you. To listen when you are ranting about whatever celebrity gossip you’re going on about. To laugh when you fall and then pick you up. It’s a promise to be there whenever you need me. Whether it’s to cry on my shoulder during that sad movie… again or to laugh at you incredibly crazy antics. That night at the ice cream shop right after we kissed and I was looking at you. I realized that I didn’t only love you but I was IN love with you. To be honest it scared the crap out of me but I don’t care. I love you, Kels.”

Blaine pulled Kelsey in for a kiss but quickly realized that she wasn’t reciprocating. “Kelsey? Are you ok?”

“Blaine, I can’t take all of this from you. This is your mom’s. This is too important.” Kelsey started to take off the locket around her neck.

Blaine stopped her, “No, Kelsey, I WANT you to keep it and I think my mom would too.” Blaine held both of her hands in his own. “Kelsey you don’t understand. I love you.” Blaine looked at Kelsey’s still unsure face. And got an idea.

Blaine jumped up and ran over to the ledge where he leaned over and yelled, “I AM IN LOVE WITH
KELSEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AND I DON’T CARE WHO KNOWS IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!”

Kelsey ran over laughing to Blaine and grabbed his hand. “Blaine, stop everyone out is starting to look.”

Blaine laughed, “but Kelsey I love you and I don’t care— Oh forget it I’m IN love with you.”

Blaine closed the gap of space between them, crashing their lips together. He kissed Kelsey fiercely and pulled away, leaving her breathless. “So you are going to wear this right?” He asked slipping the ring on her finger. She nodded vigorously and after he slipped it on started to kiss him again. “Nu-uh.” Kelsey tilted her head at Blaine’s words. “Nope. One more surprise.”

He led Kelsey to the blankets and set her down. Blaine grabbed his guitar and sat down next to her.
“When I heard this song, I instantly was obsessed but I was kind of confused as to the meaning. So like a true American I googled it. As I was scrolling through the different lyric meanings I got to one that made me think of you. It said the song is about self discovery, exploring who you are and having fun while you’re at it. That’s how I feel about us. We’re still learning new things about each other and our relationship everyday and I love it and want to just have fun while we’re at it. I love you.” Blaine leaned over and pecked Kelsey’s lips, “this is for you.”

Screen falling off the door door hanging off the hinges
My feet are still sore my back is on the fringes
We tore up the walls we slept on couches
We lifted this house we lifted this house

Fire-crackers in the east my car parked south
Your hands on my cheeks your shoulder in my mouth
I was up against the wall on the west mezzanine
We rattle this town we rattle this scene

O, Anna Sun!
O, Anna Sun!

What do you know? this house is falling apart
What can I say? this house is falling apart
We got no money, but we got heart
We're gonna rattle this ghost town
This house is falling apart

Screen falling off the door door hanging off the hinges
My feet are still sore my back is on the fringes
We were up against the wall on the west mezzanine
We rattle this town we rattle this scene

O, Anna Sun!
O, Anna Sun!

What do you know? this house is falling apart
What can I say? this house is falling apart
We got no money, but we got heart
We're gonna rattle this ghost town

What do you know? this house is falling apart
What can I say? this house is falling apart
We got no money, but we got heart
We're gonna rattle this ghost town
This house is falling apart

This house is falling apart

Live my life without
Station wagon rides
Fumbling around the back
Not one seat belt on
Wait for summertime
Coming up for air
Now it's all a wash
Now it's all a wash

Live my life without
Coming up for air
Now it's all a wash
I want everyone
Racing down the hill
I am faster than you
Wait for summertime
Wait for summertime

O, Anna Sun!
O, Anna Sun!

Sun!

What do you know? this house is falling apart
What can I say? this house is falling apart
We got no money, but we got heart
We're gonna rattle this ghost town

What do you know? this house is falling apart
What can I say? this house is falling apart
We got no money, but we got heart
We're gonna rattle this ghost town

This house is falling apart
This house is falling apart
This house is falling apart

We're gonna rattle this ghost town

This house is falling apart
This house is falling apart

Blaine finished singing and smiled at Kelsey. “What’d you think?”

Kelsey batted away a few tears, “Blaine, that was—” She struggled for words to explain how much she had loved it. Instead she leaned forward and started to kiss him.

Blaine smiled against her lips, “I’m taking this to mean that you liked it?”

Kelsey pulled away, “This means that I loved it and I love you.”

Blaine and Kelsey ate and enjoyed the picnic that Blaine had prepared, ultimately deciding to watch the stars.

Kelsey settled on Blaine’s chest, letting his warm embrace warm her and the rise and fall of his chest sooth her. Blaine ran his hand through her hair as he hummed.

Kelsey looked toward Blaine when he suddenly stopped stroking her hair. He was staring down at her but not at her face. At her chest. His eyes were misty and the corner of his mouth kept drawing up in an almost smile.

Kelsey rose up, “B, are you ok?”

He sniffled and nodded, “Yeah, I was just thinking about my mom. That locket looks great on you.”

Kelsey smiled and kissed his hand, “thanks.”

Kelsey settled back on his chest and was admiring the stars when he broke the silence, “you know that’s what really struck me about you the first time we met. You act just like her sometimes.”

Kelsey smiled, “I hope in a good way?”

Blaine smiled and looked up at the sky. Whenever he missed his parents, he always came up here and looked up. He imagined they could see and hear him. Sometime he talked to them but right now he knew them just seeing him happy with Kelsey was enough.

Blaine smiled and thought of his mom when he replied, “Definitely in a good way. I wish you could have met them.”

Kelsey stayed silent for a while before finally speaking up, “I will meet them someday in heaven but until then I’ll just have to settle with loving their son.”

“I love you, Kels,” Blaine’s voice broke.

Kelsey kissed his chest, “I love you, too, B.”

Several minutes later Kelsey noticed Blaine drift off to sleep.
Kelsey looked up at the stars, grasped the locket around her neck and laced her finger through Blaine’s.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey guys! Caroline here! Hope you liked it! This is the chapter that we wrote a completely different chapter and replaced it with what you just read! Partly because the other made us sad ( it was a break up ) and partly because we love this Blaine and it fit better. If you are interested in the other chapter we wrote that could replace this one just either comment or message us and we will send it to you! Hope you enjoyed this chapter! This is the last chapter we have written but not posted so the breaks in posting will be longer than like twenty minutes (lol). Hope you liked it! Comment and subscribe! Love you all! Mahal Kita! Ciao Bella! Get out there and live your fairytale!