Status: Always working

Nothing Normal

New Beginnings

Kelsey smiled as she put the roses Blaine had gotten her in a vase. She loved them they were the perfect shade of velvety red. They smelled amazing and she smiled like an idiot every time she even glanced at them.

Vivian was still in bed. Being that it was a Saturday and only 9 o'clock Vivian wouldn't be awake for another 3 hours at least. But today that was ok with Kelsey, their apartment was a mess. In their defense they hadn't been at home other than to sleep for the last week.

Kelsey turned on her cleaning playlist and began to work her way around their small den. She had turned on her music just loud enough to dance to but just soft enough to not wake Vivian.

Kelsey worked but mostly danced until everything but the kitchen table was in order. She rolled her eyes as she began to pick up the papers that littered the table. All of them were Vivian's, from notes for class to receipts. Vivian had never been the most organized when it came to school but she always managed to have good grades, with Kelsey's help of course. The receipts were Vivian's attempt at becoming more mature. She thought if she saved them and put them in an organizer she would appear that way. The thing is they never made it to the organizer, just their kitchen table.

P!nk's "Raise Your Glass" began to fill Kelsey's ears. She threw the last bunch of papers in Vivian's binder lying on the counter and began to sing softly as she danced around. Partly out of a love for this song and partly because she was finally done cleaning.

Kelsey jumped on their coffee table as she now sang out the chorus. She glanced over to their bedroom door and seeing the coast was clear jumped on the couch and began to dance crazier and sing louder. Kelsey smiled to herself she really hoped she would wake her friend up, who she knew would come out to fuss but then end up dancing alongside her.

Kelsey was lost in her thoughts and erratic dancing and singing that when someone grabbed her suddenly by the waist off the couch she let out a blood-curling scream. Within seconds, before Kelsey had time to turn to who it was, Vivian came running out of their room with a baseball bat.

Kelsey turned to face the person who had immediately dropped their grasp after the scream. Her eyes instantly met warm hazel eyes. His face was shocked but also had a smirk of amusement. It was Blaine.

Justin was beside him. They had both jumped back and had dumbfounded looks on their face. All four people stood staring at one another. Vivian still had the bat raised ready to hit, even though recognition was plastered on her face.

Justin smirked and walked over to Vivian taking the bat from her hands. He pulled her close, "Now what were you going to do with that. You weren't gonna hit me were you." He stuck his bottom lip out in a pout. This caused Vivian to giggle.

Justin kissed her cheek quickly. "Now come on!" Vivian furrowed her brow questioningly, "We are going for a surprise." He added very dramatically and began to drag her to the door.

"Can I at least get ready?"

Justin smiled and shook his head, "No, you look amazing."

Vivian tried to run back into her room but Justin caught her hand and threw her over his shoulder.
"Justin! Put me down I want to change!"

Vivian was wearing short shorts and an oversized t-shirt. "Please!" She begged. "I'm not even wearing makeup."

"No makeup... you look beautiful." Justin turned around so that even slung over his shoulder, Vivian could see the closet. "Now pick some shoes."

Vivian huffed. "Fine...I can't reach them.

Justin whipped around, "Gotcha...hmm... I like these."

Vivian rose up a little. "Those are Kelsey's."

Justin laughed and dropped them back down. "So y'all share a closet?"

He felt Vivian nod. He laughed. "Is there anything y'all don't share?"

"No," Vivian hit Justin in the small of his back, "and what's wrong with that?"

He laughed, "Nothing. Nothing is wrong with that. How about these?"

Vivian nodded and took the shoes from his hand. "Do you think I should tell Kels I'm leaving?" Vivian asked as Justin carried her out the door.

Justin turned back and smiled. Kelsey and Blaine were having a tickle fight. Blaine looked genuinely happy. Justin smiled to himself if anyone deserved to be happy it was him. After everything that had happened, it was him. "No, I think she's ok. Blaine's got her." He closed the door behind him. "Let's go princess."

Vivian giggled and let him carry her to his car.

Vivian groaned and rolled over to look at Justin still driving, several hours later. "Are we there yet?"

Justin laughed fondly, "No we're not. Just go back to sleep." So she did.

Kelsey had told Justin that Vivian was a handful on a trip. She was impatient, couldn't stay awake for longer than 30 minutes, and you could never please her.

Justin looked at Vivian's sleeping figure. He smiled to himself. I could get used to this, he thought.
Having an amazing girl asleep beside me trusting me fully to take her to a surprise. God, she looks amazing even curled up over there. No makeup, not dressed to impress. Just simply perfect.

Justin was brought out of his thoughts by Vivian hitting his arm. "Creep! Do you always stare at people while they sleep?" She asked mockingly.

He smiled, "When they are as amazing as you, I do."

Vivian opened her mouth to say something but just closed it and blushed.

They had been in the car two hours and Vivian had fallen in and out of sleep. However he silently said a thank you that she was asleep right now because he didn't want any of the scenery spoiling the surprise.

"Viv? Wake up. We're here." Justin shook her gently.

With a peck to the cheek she finally rose up. "Oh my gosh." Her hand flew to her mouth and tears rushed to her eyes. "It's so beautiful."

Justin smiled. They were at the beach. Vivian had never been. He still felt like it was weird that she has never been to the beach. He had asked Kelsey for ideas of places to take her it was after all their first date as a legit couple. Kelsey had mentioned the normal places restaurants, movies, and just the normal date places. Finally he said that he wanted to take her somewhere she had never been and always wanted to and that was when it had dawned on Kelsey...the beach.

Vivian has seen the ocean but had never actually be to an actually beach. After finding out Vivian had never been Kelsey had always promised to take her but they had never gotten around to it.

Justin smiled as he got out and walked around to the Vivian's door. He opened it but she didn't notice her hand was still over her mouth and her eyes were glued to the shore. He laughed, "Come on let's go see it."

Justin grabbed the hand covering her mouth and pulled her out of the car and close to him. Vivian smiled up sweetly at him as he threw his arm over her shoulders.

"Wait," suddenly he stopped them and picked up Vivian placing her on the railing of the boardwalk that let down to the shore. "We need to take our shoes off here so we don't get sand in them." Vivian smiled adoringly as he slipped her shoes off and then his own. He held both shoes in one hand and picked her back up and put her down close to his side.

Vivian walked with him. She was silently thankful that it wasn't very sunny today because a fair as she was she surely would have burned. She stepped in the sand and felt it go between her toes. It was an unusual feeling but she liked it. Vivian broke apart from Justin and took a few more steps.

Justin watched as a smile bigger than he had ever seen spread across her face. She was grinning like a little kid. But to Justin it was the prettiest he had ever seen her. She took a few more weary steps before grabbing Justin's and pulling him toward the water.

Vivian walked lightly in the wet sand careful not to get too close to the water. Justin took a seat in the sand and just watched her as she picked up sea shells. When she was done looking at a seashell she would delicately place it back in the sand. A few she stuck in the pocket of Justin's jacket she had borrowed. Occasionally she would glance up and flash Justin a smile. That smile made the drive, the money and time he had spent, and would spend worthwhile.

A wave came up closer to her than the others had and she squealed and hopped out of the way of the impending water. Justin took this as incentive. He stood up and scooped her in his into his arms and began to walk into the water. He shivered slightly at the unexpected bitterness of the cold waters.

Vivian thrashed around in his arms. "No, Justin! Please I don't wanna get wet! Not yet! Let me buy a bathing suit! I'm in my clothes! Please!" She begged.

Justin laughed, "No you're getting in the water! I'll buy you some more clothes!" He dropped her in the water with a large splash and a scream.

Vivian came up sputtering and tackled Justin into the water.

They ran around playfully for well into the afternoon. They had buried each other in the sand and had built several sandcastles. They did this until Vivian said that she was hungry.

Next thing Vivian knew she was in a clothing store being told to pick something nice. She was left in the middle of a ton of dresses. Justin had left to go find some time for himself.

Vivian looked and looked until she found a knee length, party dress. It poofed out slightly from the waist and was black. Pink chiffon peeked out at the hem after she had paired it with a pair of black flats, Justin showed up just in time.

Justin was wearing skin tight jeans. It took everything in Vivian not to stare at his butt while he paid for her dress and flats. He was wearing the pair of Vans he had been wearing earlier. He had a blank white v-neck with an unbuttoned button-up over it.

Justin turned to Vivian and offered his hand. "You ready?"

Vivian forced the blush off her face that she had when he caught her staring and nodded.

"I know this really cool place over here next to the boardwalk. I know the people that run it."

Vivian just nodded and stayed silent, still slightly embarrassed that her eyes kept wandering. His shirt was perfectly fitted so that you see his toned body underneath. His strong felt like to her soft, delicate one.

They stepped inside the restaurant, past the line waiting to be seated. Immediately the hostess ran up to Justin and pulled him into a hug, "long time no see stranger. You look great." The hostess' eyes lingered over his midsection a little too long for Vivian's taste.

Justin noticed this, "Brittany, this is Vivian, my girlfriend." He said pulling Vivian close. "Vivian, Brittany."

"It's nice to meet you." Vivian stuck out her hand. The girl's gaze flicked between Justin and Vivian.
Then reluctantly Brittany shook her hand.

She never said a word to Vivian. "Well sorry Justin wish we could spend more time together," Brittany said as she laid a hand on Justin's chest. "But I gotta get back to work. I'll talk to you later." She left without so much as a look in Vivian's direction.

Instantly the bartender took her place. "Justin! How are you man? Where's Blaine? I never thought y'all left each other sides."

Justin shook his hand, "We wish. We try not to but I'm on a date and that woulda been awkward. Not for us but for her, I think."

The guy laughed out loud. He seemed like a guy that it was not possible to be awkward around. "So who is this crazy girl that agreed to date you?"

Justin opened his mouth to answer but instead Vivian stuck her hand out. "Vivian and as far as agreeing to date him... I'm wondering the exact same thing." She looked up at Justin and smiled. "I guess just call me crazy."

The guy laughed heartily again. "I like this girl, Justin. She's not a bimbo like the others. I like her she's a keeper. I'm Derek." He added as an afterthought.

Justin just smiled, "Hey is Ryan here. I wanted Vivian to meet him."

Derek had turned back to a customer. "Yeah I think he's in the back with Rachel."

"Oh good she'll get to meet her too. Thanks, man."

"Don't mention it. Also tell Blaine that he needs to come see me."

"Alright I will man. If I don't see you before I leave, I promise I'll come back with Blaine soon."

"See to it you do. I'm sure Kaitlin would love for you guys to come over and her cook for y'all."

"I gotcha man. We will make sure to get down here again soon."

Justin pulled Vivian toward the back of the restaurant. His pushed open the doors that obviously led to the kitchen. He was walking like he owned the place. After they looked at him no one stopped him. A few shouted 'hay’s, he returned the warmly but did not stop to chat.

Eventually they reached a door in the back labeled: The office. Justin knocked and after a replied came. He opened the door and just walked in like it was stupid to knock in the first place.

"Justin! How are you man? To what do I owe the pleasure of a visit?"

"I was just bringing my girl down here. She had never been to the beach."

Vivian got distracted. He had called her HIS girl. It just sounded so right coming out of his mouth.

The young guy turned to her. He couldn't be much older than Justin and he had sandy brown hair. His skin was tanned a dark brown and he had piercing blue eyes.

"Really? You've never been to the beach?" He asked in disbelief.

Vivian smiled widely, "Well I have now."

He laughed, "That's true. I'm Ryan and this is my wife Rachel." The woman worked her way beside him. She had blond hair and was fair with dark brown eyes. Her eyes were warm and welcoming.

"Vivian," she replied a she stuck out her hand. "Nice to meet you."

After they had traded off pleasantries, Ryan asked Justin to come look at something. Ryan said he had been waiting to show Blaine but Justin should understand just the same.

Justin looked at the paper and shook his head, "I'm not sure what that's about. If you'll make a copy I can take it with me and show Blaine. He might understand. But this," he gestured to the paper, "is just confusing to me."

"Alright that's cool," he started to run it through the copier.

"I was wondering if me and Viv could eat out on the break room area part. I think it's really pretty over there and we would try to not be in the way. And I can-"

Ryan raised a hand to stop him, "The place is practically yours. You can do whatever you want." He paused, "Well other than mess stuff up."

"Alright I'll try not to." The two couples exchanged goodbyes and went their separate ways.

The dinner was basic seafood but Vivian, even though she wasn't fond of seafood, had to compliment the food. It was delicious.

Vivian and Justin kept up pleasant conversation, until Vivian's eyes wandered down to the paper Justin was supposed to take to Blaine.

"What's on the paper?" Vivian asked nonchalantly.

"Oh this?" Justin picked the paper up and put it back down when she nodded. "Business stuff for Blaine."

"Why does Blaine have to see it?"

"Well technically he's the owner." Justin answered.

Vivian stopped eating and looked across the table at Justin. "Blaine owns all this?" She asked motioning to the large, expensive-looking, oceanfront restaurant. Justin nodded still looking at his plate not seeing what the big deal was. "Why does he own it?"

Justin put down his silverware and looked up at Vivian. His eyes flickered away and cleared his throat before he began. "Blaine's parents died in a car accident when he was 12. His inheritance...well it makes him a millionaire. He wasn't allowed to touch it until he was 18. Well when he turned 18 all he had the need to use it for was to pay his way to college...He paid mine too." Justin added this as an afterthought.

"So I mean he has all this money and Ryan and Rachel were our friends they are 5 years older than us but me Blaine and Ryan had always been close. So when Ryan graduated college he and Rachel started trying to open a place like this. Well me and Blaine graduated high school and turned 18. So Blaine saw this his money as an opportunity to help them out. So he technically owns the land and the building. They run and operate it and get almost all the profit. They would get ALL of the profit if it was up to Blaine but they insisted that he take a small percentage."
Justin had resumed eating and fell silent. Vivian looked at him in disbelief, "So Blaine's a millionaire?"

"Yeah.”

"It seems like he woulda mentioned that," Vivian laughed.

"Well he doesn't like to just because some people that know try to take advantage of it. Like Brittany...the hostess, she's always hanging all over him when he's here. She's fun to be around but she's a gold digger simple as that."

Vivian sat there processing everything Justin had said. "So wait if Blaine's parents..." She cleared her throat, "passed away when he was 12 then who took care of him?"

"His..." Justin looked away and reluctantly said, "Grandfather." He said it with a roll of his eyes also.
Vivian tilted her head and raised her eyebrows questioningly. Justin looked away, "It's just he's hardly a grandfather."

"What do you mean?"

"Well...um...Crap!...I shouldn't have said that," he sighed. "Viv, I really like you and I wouldn't care to tell you... but it's not really my story to tell."

Vivian smiled and reached across the table to take his hand in her own. "That's ok. I'm sorry for prying it’s really none of my business, I was just curious." His eyes met hers and he smiled. "And don't worry, I won't mention any of it to Kelsey, as hard as it will be, I will let Blaine tell her in his own time."

Justin smiled thankful and stood pulling her out of her seat. "Let's get out of here. Speaking of Blaine and Kelsey I wonder what they are up to."

"I don't know."

Vivian stayed silent until they were walking down the beach on their way to Justin's car. "Justin, can I ask you something?"

He smiled and pulled her close. "Of course," he said with a kiss to her head.

"Does Blaine like Kels?"

Justin laughed loudly, "Of course!"

Vivian blushed, "No I mean like-like her."

Justin laughed softer this time, "that's what I meant too."

"He really does?" Vivian said excitedly. She was practically jumping with excitement.

Justin nodded.

"Good because she really likes him too. He needs to just ask her out."

Justin smiled, "I keep telling him the same thing."

"Blaine makes her really happy." Vivian cuddled closer to Justin. "She's amazing and she deserves someone just as amazing, and I think Blaine is."

Justin smirked, "you know who else is amazing?"

Vivian absentmindedly responded, "hmmm?"

"You," he stopped and turned to face Vivian.

She rolled her eyes. "Yeah, right?" and began to try to pull Justin along.

He kept his feet planted and pulled her close, but kept her far enough so he could see her face. "No, don't do that Viv, I mean it. You are amazing." He smiled, "you are the kindest, funniest, craziest, most beautiful person I have ever met. You are going to get everything you have ever wanted. And you deserve it. Not only are you amazing but you are the most amazing person I've ever met. Never forget that."

Vivian blushed and looked down. Justin raised her chin with his hand and their eyes met lovingly. He smiled as he leaned in. When their lips met a smile spread across Vivian's face and the both stood smiling into the kiss. Justin dropped Vivian's shoes that he had been carrying and placed his hand in the small of her back. After a few moments Vivian's hand worked its way to Justin's cheek, deepening the kiss.

Vivian's mind whirled. This moment was so right, so perfect. Everything just felt...good. Forget they had only met one week ago and this was their first official date. Everything had fallen into place...right moment, right time. Everything was simply...amazing.

Justin pulled away with a smile plastered to his face. Vivian returned his smile sweetly, her face flushed.

Her smile spread wider across her kiss swollen lips, "we better get going or we are never going to make it home."

Justin smiled, "yeah..." He leaned in and gave her warm lips another gentle peck. He rested his forehead against hers. "Sorry I couldn't help myself."

Vivian pressed her lips to his and laughed, "me neither."

Justin laughed and intertwined his hand with hers, "alright let's go princess. You're chariot awaits."

Vivian smiled and looked at him for a long perfect moment before drawing to his side and following him along the shore. The whole perfect scene lighted by nothing but pure, innocent, unrequited moonlight.

The only thought that Vivian's mind could form was, Wow, I can't believe that just happened.
♠ ♠ ♠
Caroline here! Hope you liked it! Comment please we love to know what you think! Love you guys! Comment and subscribe! Keep reading love you!