Status: Complete

Rain

One

In the middle of nowhere, the autumn sun was shining across a wheat field, covering it in a beautiful golden glow. The wind was gently caressing each individual piece of wheat, treating it delicately like it was a small child. You could hear the birds chirping in the red leaved trees, composing a beautiful song. The view was picturesque to the teenage couple as they drove to their favourite setting; a peaceful place where they could just be with each other and not be interrupted. They’d made a rule the first time they came to this place to turn off their phones and leave them in the car.

Jessica let the wind rush through her long brown locks as the car sped through the countryside. She felt like a dog with its head out the window letting the wind flap at its ears. She grinned over at her boyfriend, Ethan, who just chuckled and shook his head at her. He loved the way he and Jess felt carefree each time they drove somewhere alone to have an adventure, to have fun or just to get away from everything and everyone. The freedom you could grasp was endless; and it had grabbed the both of them and never let go since they first discovered it.

Ethan parked by a large oak tree and cut the engine. For a few minutes the couple looked in awe at the view like they always did. Each time it never ceased to take their breath away. Ethan got out of the car and rounded the bonnet, coming to Jess’ door and opening it for her while giving her his hand.

“M’lady,” He smiled.

Jessica took his hand and elegantly climbed out of the car, smiling back at him. “Thank you.”

They walked together, hand in hand, to the field and into the waist high wheat. Jessica let go of Ethan’s hand and ran forward, giggling like a little girl, with her cream dress flowing out behind her. Ethan grinned and ran after her. He caught up and wrapped his arm around her waist, pulling her to the floor and flipping them over so he didn’t land on top of her.

She landed on his chest and the pair giggled with the giddy excitement they always seemed to get. When their giggling subsided they were left staring into each other’s eyes; Ethan’s chocolate brown staring up into Jessica’s moss green. She lifted her hand and rested her palm on his cheek, her skin tingling at the touch. Ethan was mesmerised in Jess’ eyes, his hand subconsciously snaking to the back of her neck to pull her lips to his, while his other wrapped around her waist to keep her flush against him.

Their lips brushed together, hesitating before colliding together. Ethan ran his hand up and down Jess’ back while her hand travelled from his cheek into his black hair. She loved the softness of it and the just-got-out-of-bed look it always had. Ethan moved his lips onto her jaw, nipping at the skin and moving down her neck. Jess groaned and Ethan smiled devilishly; he knew all her weak spots and enjoyed utilising them.

He flipped them over so he was on top of her, his hands resting either side of her head to not crush her as he carried on kissing and nipping down her neck. Jessica raked her fingernails across Ethan’s scalp; knowing this was one of his weak spots. The groan from deep in his throat made her smile in satisfaction. He moved back up her neck and locked his lips with hers again, a shiver being sent down his spine simply because of the girl he was kissing.

The kiss slowed down until they parted, breathing heavily into each other’s mouths after the unexpected make-out session. Jessica smiled shyly up at Ethan; a blush painting her cheeks a light pink colour. He smiled back, pecking her lips before lying down next to her and sliding his arm back around her waist to pull her against him. They laid in silence, listening to the murmurings of nature all around them, and fell asleep in each other’s arms.

****
Jessica was awoken by something hitting her face. Lifting her hand to touch her cheek, she found it was wet. She opened her eyes, confused, before seeing the dark grey clouds above them and feeling the colder air. Realising they must’ve fallen asleep Jess chuckled lightly and looked over her shoulder at a sleeping Ethan. She slowly twisted in his arms, careful not to wake him, until she was facing him.

She thought he looked so peaceful when he was asleep; the evidence of all the hardships and stress in his life were eradicated from his face during his slumber. His long eyelashes brushed his cheeks and his eyes moved underneath his eyelids as he dreamt. He was so beautiful. His kind nature, caring personality, sense of humour – everything about him - had drawn Jess in when she first saw him. She remembered thinking she just had to get to know him; and she was glad she did. Although she still couldn’t understand why he would choose her over all the other girls that were drooling over him. But for whatever reason, he did. And for that, she was ecstatic.

She couldn’t resist lifting her hand up to stroke his cheek; her thumb stroking the smooth, slightly tanned skin. She smiled when his brown eyes fluttered open and landed on her, a sleepy lopsided grin forming on his lips as he watched her watching him.

“Hello sleepyhead,” She murmured.

“Mmm,” Ethan felt a something wet splash onto his cheek and looked up, only just noticing the dark grey clouds above them and chilling wind. He sighed. “It’s going to rain. We should go.” He looked back at Jess to find her grinning up at the sky; she’d always loved rain. Her little quirks made her so interesting and unique; and he loved that about her.

Jess looked back at Ethan with a smirk on her lips. “Only if you can catch me.” She said playfully, winking and placing a kiss on the tip of his nose before jumping up and sprinting away. Ethan heard a laugh escape her lips as the heavens opened.

He could’ve sworn she’d timed her move to when the rain would really start pouring down. He didn’t normally like rain – the wet coldness of it didn’t appeal to him - but he seemed to forget his dislike as he got up and ran after Jessica.

She ran with her arms outstretched and her face up to the sky, letting the rain splash onto her face. To her, rain was refreshing and liberating; it was one of the main ingredients needed for life, and each time she was rained on she felt rejuvenated.

The rain soaked through her cream dress until it was almost see-through; revealing her matching red lacy bra and panties. Her hair was soon dripping wet and stuck to her face and neck. She could hear Ethan chasing after her, and turned to see him looking just as soaking wet as she was. The rain had turned torrential, nature showing its power instead of beauty. But the rain was still beautiful to Jess.

Ethan finally caught up to his runaway girlfriend, almost crashing into her as she turned around unexpectedly. Her eyes were shining bright with joy as he looked into them. His face turned serious as he looked at her; she was...beautiful. Gorgeous, even now when she was soaking wet with her hair stuck to her face. And he found himself needing her more than ever in that moment.

Jess noticed the seriousness of Ethan’s face and frowned. “What’s wrong?”

Ethan simply looked into her bright green eyes as he cupped her face in his hands and brought their lips together. He kissed her with such raw passion, expressing his need for her in that one kiss more than a thousand words ever could.

Jessica gasped at the headiness of the kiss, allowing Ethan’s tongue into her mouth; he had never kissed her like this before. She lifted her arms and wrapped them around his neck, sinking into the kiss as they explored each other’s mouths.

The rain continued to pour down onto the couple locked in their passionate embrace. Both seemed to forget about the downpour around them as they focused solely on each other.

When they finally parted, they rested their foreheads together breathing heavily. Neither could gather the breath to speak, only barely having the strength to stand. But after a few minutes, they found the brain power to form a coherent sentence.

“I love you, Jess.” Ethan murmured, his voice so full of emotion it scared both of them.

Jess looked him in the eye and beamed with delight. A tear slipped down her cheek, but she doubted Ethan would notice because of the water already cascading down her face.

“I love you too, Ethan.” She whispered. “Always.”

Ethan wiped away the warm tears from her cheeks and smiled a teary smile of his own. He brought their lips back together and moved his arms to wrap around her waist, pulling her against him.

The two would always stay with each other. Always having a place in the others heart that no-one else could take.
♠ ♠ ♠
A little something inspired by watching a recent storm.
Rec/comment!