Say Goodbye

01/01

Misty Eli Green loved Kyle Burns with more heart and soul then anyone she had ever encountered in her young life.They had it all, good jobs, a house, but it still wasnt enough for him.Kyle knew deep down he wasn't happy, so it came down to the end of the line.

"I don't see why it has to be like this, I just wanted to know the truth." She exhaled a shaky breath of air, wiping away tears from her already stained face.

He just looked up at her, shrugging his broad shoulders and still not saying a word.There really wasn't much too say honestly, but he knew she at least deserved an apology.

"You and me against the wall..
Kiss or fight it, its your call,
No matter what you do,
I'll still feel the same about you,
We're at a cross road,
Our situations changing from day to day,
You're probably thinking that we should go on our separate ways."


Kyle had an affair with his merch girl while he was away on tour though now the fling had blossomed into a rocky yet steady relationship aside from the fact he was still with Misty.

She found out from pictures and video blogs posted on his bands website about the whole ordeal, it tore her to absolute pieces and broke her already sore heart.

"I'm growing apart from you, it's something I can't stop feeling.You never want to talk about my life or my situations with the band, it's always about you and your problems Misty." Kyle sighed while running his hands through his hair annoyed.

"I get your point,
We're better friends than lovers,
I get it, I got it, I guess that we're moving on,
And if I had a chance, I'd do it all over,
I get it, I got it, I guess that we're moving on,
You got in my heart, you got in my head,
and I believe everything that you said,
We're at a cross road.
I guess that we're moving on."


"I'm sorry, Misty.I guess I owe you more than that though, I mean I know I hurt you and I do feel bad but things were sour from the start.I love you, only not as a girlfriend and only as a friend.I'm moving on, to Amber." Kyle gave a simple yet truthful explanation to her and she sadly accepted it, because there was nothing else she could do, really.

So instead of getting angry and worked up over something she could not fix, Misty instinctively wrapped her arms desperately around Kyle's lanky frame, hoping to feel at least one more embrace, one more warm touch before they said goodbye.

But Kyle thought otherwise and gently pushed Misty aside, declining her offer.She sighed sadly, shrugging her shoulders and trying to fight off more tears that threatened to fall from her tired eyes.

"You and me, we disagree,
I'm growing young and you're maturing,
You see things in black and white,
It's not my fault you're colorblind,
You finally followed through with the things you told me you'd do,
You're leaving me in Dallas, headed off to somewhere new,
Just like you.
No matter what you do,
I'll still feel the same about you.
We're at a cross road."


"I'm leaving tomorrow to California, early in the morning.I already asked the guys to drop me off." He stated bluntly, only making Misty feel more worse than she did a few seconds ago.She didn't want to see him go, she didn't want to be left alone in this house, the one they struggled so hard to get.

But Kyle saw it differently, he saw it as a chance to start over a new and fresh life."Besides Misty, we both know you're just too young to fully understand how I feel about all this.Face it, you are still a damn kid."

Those words stung her deep in her heart.Misty was only 4 years younger than him; She was 20 and he was 24, what difference did that really make? She sure as hell wasn't still a child let alone did she ever act like one especially around him and his friends no matter where they were.

"How can I still be a kid, Kyle? I'm only 4 years behind you, I'm not the one that couldn't man up and face my girlfriend to tell her the truth about sleeping around on her, I didn't lie about it on the phone and during interviews when someone asked about it." Misty retorted matter-of-factly, making Kyle go quiet.

"I get your point..
We're better friends than lovers..
And if I had a chance.. I'd do it all over!
You got in my heart, you got in my head,
And I believe everything that you said,
We're at a cross road.
I guess that we're moving on.."


He groaned loudly, wishing that he didn't have to be in this situation, but Misty felt the same way about it.She never asked to be put through this it was all Kyle's fault to begin with, not hers.

"Listen, I will always love you, Kyle.I wish you could understand that and understand how I feel, but you know I just hope that you enjoy your life with Amber out there.My heart will always have a place for you, just like this house.i hate to see you go, but I guess fate has its own funny way of working life out.I'll see you again sometime, I hope." Misty said with a half-hearted smile.

She wanted to show him that she was going to be as understanding and "mature" as possible in this situation even though her only love was walking out the door.

"I get your point,
We're better friends than lovers,
I get it, I got it, I guess that we're moving on,
And if I had a chance, I'd do it all over,
I get it, I got it, I guess that we're moving on,
You got in my heart, you got in my head,
And I believe everything that you said,
We're at a cross road.
I guess that we're moving on.."


Kyle looked at her and smiled lightly, offering her his hand."I'll always remember you and the things we saw and did together Misty.Were much better friends than lovers anyway.I hope you find the right guy soon because you really are a great girl." She nodded, wiping away the stray tears that were running down her face.

"Thanks, Kyle.I hope you and Amber have fun together.I'll see you again someday.Goodbye." Misty mumbled softly before he let go of her hand and heading out the front door of his old life and into his new one.

Misty watched as he got into a friends car, taking one last glance up at her from the passenger seat and waving as they began to drive off.

"You will always be with me, Kyle.I'll never forget you or all those things you've ever said."

"You got in my heart, you got in my head,
And I believe everything that you said,
We're at a cross road.
I guess that we're moving on."
♠ ♠ ♠
My one shot entry for Eevee.'s Warped Tour Lyric contest!
Enjoy everyone :)