Status: Are you along for the ride?

Stay

Four

I opened the door to our bedroom quietly, not wanting to make a single sound or let in any unnecessary light. Lauren went up to bed a little while ago claiming a migraine. I looked at the bed and saw her sleeping in one of my shirts with the covers at her waist. One arm was under the pillow and the other was covering her eyes. I shut the door just as quietly and quickly changed, putting on a new pair of boxers. As I lifted the covers up on my side of the bed, I saw Lauren's eyes open quickly.

"How are you feeling, baby?" I asked softly as I slid into bed and wrapped my arms around her waist. Her body molded to mine. I glanced down at her head on my chest. The skin around her eyes were red and puffy. "What's wrong?" Concern was laced throughout my voice.

"It's nothing," her voice was meek and quiet.

"I know you're lying to me..." my fingers ran through her hair soothingly. Before long, she was shaking against me as she sniffled.

"What are we Jordan?" Didn't she remember?

"Lauren, look at me." I sat us up and turned on the bedside lamp. Her beautiful blue eyes were wide and full of tears. I watched a tear fall from her eye onto her cheek before she closed her eyes. I softly kissed away the tears that fell against her perfect skin. As the tears began to slow down, I started to speak. "You're my girl. I don't want anyone else besides you. I want to be able to call you my girlfriend, but I don't know if you want that and that scares me." Her lip quivered as I spoke the words that were straight from my heart.

"I wanna... I wanna be your girlfriend Jordan." Insecurity quickly crossed her eyes but then she blinked it away.

"Then you're my girlfriend," a cheesy smile was on our lips.

"You know," she smiled teasingly, "Vero and Marc wouldn't approve of that." Her arms wrapped around my neck as she came closer to me. I chuckled softly before kissing her neck.

"Lauren, will you please be my girlfriend?" A huge smile was on her lips as she kissed mine hungrily. "Is that a yes?" I laughed against her lips.

"It's a hell yes," she murmured against my skin as she kissed my cheek.

"I have a question," I asked quietly. Her beautiful eyes weren't full of tears anymore, I just saw happiness in them. "Where you with anybody else? When we were doing whatever we were doing."

"No," her answer was fast and honest and it made me so happy. "Were you?"

"Only you, baby, only you."
♠ ♠ ♠
Ok, so I know this one is quite short compared to the other chapters I have written. I just really wanted to write this chapter and I thought it was a good fit. So, are you guys happy that they're finally an item?