Status: Active

Moonlight

prologue

It was the dead of night in the Beacon Hills reserve; here on private grounds stood two hooded figures. The only sounds were the rattling of a spray paint can and small chatter between two girls. "This place hasn't changed a bit," the blonde kept an eye out for her dark-haired friend. "I can't believe how much this place hasn't changed."

The brunette let out a chuckle. "I forgot you used to live here," a light English accent spoke out as she started painting on the Hale house door. The simple yet threatening design was something she knew by heart. "I doubt we'll be here long, this guy is a joke."

"Until halfway through freshman year," the blonde reminded her friend. "That's when I moved away. While we're here I'm hoping to run into an old friend of mine," she bit her bottom lip. "I miss him. We used to talk a lot and then all of a sudden I stopped hearing from him. That’s not like him."

The brunette smiled while keeping focus on the door. "As long as you don't get side-tracked it should be fine," she said, finishing the first part of the Triskelion. "Did you know a lot of people here before you left?"

“Quite a few,” the blonde remembered. “I was really only close to that one guy, though. Don’t worry, I’ve got my priorities straight,” the blonde smirked. “I remember the target, McCall. He and his best friend Stiles are total losers. At least they were when I was here. It’s a small town so it should be pretty easy to find him.”

The brunette stopped painting and turned to her friend. "Stiles has got to be the stupidest name I've ever heard, and that beats my father," she stated and went back to painting. "Plus this McCall guy doesn't sound like the brightest bulb, I meaning who dates the daughter of the veteran werewolf hunting family?"

“I think it’s because Stiles has an even dumber real first name,” the blonde laughed. “And no, McCall isn’t the brightest bulb. The girl’s mother tried to kill the kid; you’d think he’d take the hint and back off. Although, rumor has it that Daddy Argent is calling it quits with this hunting business after his wife died. At least that Kanima thing is gone.”

"God that Kanima was some of the weirdest shit I've heard of, like seriously a giant lizard?” the brunette said finishing up the symbol. "Good riddance to the woman, that whole family is a bunch of psychos." She stepped back from the door. "Alright, I think we're done here."

“Looks good, Selene,” the blonde smiled. “Your dad’s gonna be so proud,” she tucked the flashlight under her arm and took out her phone to snap a quick picture. “Let’s get the hell out of here before Hale crawls out of this shithole.”

Selene smiled. "Thanks Lana!" As the two of them walked back to where the car was, Selene mused, "Just think, in four months everything's going to begin!"

“I know, right? I can’t believe it was so easy to get a hold of those two, either. If that was so damn easy, I can’t imagine it’ll be too hard getting a hold of McCall.” Lana’s eyes said that she also was hoping that meant it would be just as easy to find her friend, too, but in the dark it was hard to read the expression behind them.

Selene smirked and looked back at the Hale house. "And they'll think the pack will be their biggest worry," she looked at Lana. "They have no idea who they're up against."

Lana grinned. “You got that right.” It felt good to be back in Beacon Hills.