Status: Active

Moonlight

chapter two

"Derek said that they were to bring him back here," Selene told Lana as the two walked through Beacon Hills Preserve. Selene had called Lana asking her to meet up after the run-in with Derek's pack at the hospital. After Lana and the twins left for school, Selene, Deucalion, Kali and Ennis made their way to the hospital to find the Beta and the girl. Kali and Ennis posed as staff whereas Selene and her father stalled Scott McCall.

Despite what she had heard from her father Selene didn't see Scott as much of a threat. From what Lana had said to her and from what she saw in the elevator, Scott wasn't Alpha material; she or Lana could probably take him on.

Lana was finally feeling sober after her last class. At Beacon Hills High earlier, Lana had prayed that it wasn't too obvious that she was still feeling the effects from last night so she wouldn't get kicked out on her first day back. She didn't spot many familiar faces except for a few of the kids that also had pieces up during art shows with her. Considering Lana had blossomed quite a bit since her freshmen year, most of them hardly recognized her and had to do a double take. She didn't see who she was looking for, and she was slightly relieved about that. She successfully made it to her literature class, sitting next to Ethan, which granted her quite a few stares from her fellow sex and even some from the opposite. The birds thing that happened was really weird, which Selene could only agree on just as clueless. “My head is pounding, dude,” Lana laughed as she hiked through the preserve with Selene. “Do you know what’s going on here?”

"They brought the beta back here," Selene told her as they got closer to the Hale house. As the two were approaching the front of the house, Selene suddenly stopped dead in her tracks. "Are you serious?!" she exclaimed, staring at the newly painted door.

“Red? He seriously painted it red?” Lana rolled her eyes in disbelief. “You have got to be kidding! It looked so much better with the pack’s Triskelion on it.”

"I spent 15 minutes on that…" Selene muttered bitterly as they walked up to one of the windows to see Scott, Derek and some other kid.

“Oh! That’s the Stiles kid I told you about,” Lana pointed him out. “Is… is Derek going to be using that blow torch on Scott? He should use it on that ugly ass red door.”

Selene chuckled as the two watched Derek tattooing Scott. "All I'm saying is whatever he's getting inked better be worth it."

“You said you heard he was dating the Argent’s kid?” Lana confirmed with Selene, who nodded. “If it represents his undying love for her, I might just vomit and that has nothing to do with my alcohol intake last night. Just warning you,” Lana dryly stated.

Selene covered her mouth to contain her laugh. "No, I think he dated Argent’s kid and then they broke up... If he still loves her, I swear to god I will throw up with you," Selene rolled her eyes before looking back at the boys. "Oh my god… oh my god, did Stiles just faint?!"

Lana did her best to contain her giggles; a few barely audible ones escaped her lips. “Oh my god, this is so classic,” Lana laughed. “How is it that a year and a half later, nothing has changed with these two?”

Selene was almost in tears trying to keep her giggles in. "I don't know but oh my god, I'm going to cry!"

“Should we try to find a way to see if we can catch a glimpse of the Beta? Even though this is literally better than any entertainment I could ask for,” Lana smirked.

"There should be a window that we can look through; we should go before they realize we're here," Selene stated, giving the guys one last look before walking to the next side of the house.

When Lana found the window, she saw a figure that piqued her interest. She knew it had to be the Beta, but she felt as if her eyes were deceiving her. She saw that same head of brown curls, the body laid out peacefully and at an angle where she couldn’t clearly make out the face, but she knew that bone structure and that body no matter what. After months of looking, she had finally found him, and turns out he had been in that old bank all along while she was playing watch dog. Selene craned her neck to look at the Beta, and Lana didn’t dare say a word to her about knowing him and needing to keep him safe. She couldn’t; she didn’t want them to abandon her like that. “Is that him?” Lana asked, playing dumb.

"I think so," Selene said. "Derek and Scott took him after Derek paralyzed Ennis. I only just got a glimpse of him," Selene turned to Lana. "Does he look familiar to you?"

“Yeah,” Lana admitted, but knew that was the most truth she could tell Selene. “We had a few classes together. Nice kid. Real quiet, though.” None of that was a lie. “His name was Isaac.” Lana’s stomach was in knots, and it wasn’t from her hangover. She wanted so desperately to break down, to tell Selene that it was her Isaac, to finally be able to verbally express that her search was over and that she found him. She wanted to break through the window and try to wake his unconscious body up to let him know that everything was okay again and how much she missed him and by God did she miss him. But she couldn’t. She knew she couldn’t, to save both of their lives, so she sat there with a lump in her throat and a knot in her stomach as she told Selene that he was just some guy that she had a few classes with.

Selene looked at Lana. "Ok then," she nodded, not seeing through Lana's façade. "Easy kill then, right?" She looked back at the house. "We should probably go before they see us."

Lana’s heart dropped at the words ‘easy kill.’ No. She would never let that happen. “I’ll take care of it,” she smirked to cover. “I honestly doubt he’ll get in our way, though. But hey, you never know, a lot can change in a year, especially after getting the bite.” Lana glanced at him once last time before joining Selene in leaving.

A few days later would be Selene’s first day at school. The twins rode on their bikes, but Selene and Lana carpooled to catch up on girl talk. “I’m warning you, all the guys here are pretty hot. Try not to get too distracted during class,” Lana winked.

"If you can deal with them, plus having a hangover, I'm sure I'll be fine," Selene laughed as she stepped out of the car. "So what are the people like here?" she asked, ignoring the glances they were receiving as they walked over to the twins. The other students stared in awe at the two girls; they were the new hot duo.

"Probably different ever since all this supernatural crap has taken over," Lana laughed. "Seriously, somebody call the Winchesters. But it’s your typical high school, I guess… besides the fact that we have werewolves roaming the halls."

"Ah, the Winchesters," she smiled as they got to the twins, standing in a circle. Selene smiled at the twins. "You guys ready?"

"Shall we, ladies?" Aiden asked with a smirk.

"Let's go drop some jaws," Lana winked at Aiden, Ethan and Selene.

Selene smirked as the group entered the school; they had easily captured the attention of the students around them. After all, four attractive new kids that were clearly linked to each other was something to talk about.

Lydia, with Allison at her locker, allowed herself a good look at Aiden. Stiles also seemed captivated by the group. “Hey, Scott, check it out,” Stiles pointed out to Scott while they stood by Scott’s locker. “Remember how I told you that Lana girl came back this year?”

“Yeah,” Scott answered, looking towards where Stiles had pointed.

“Looks like she’s got friends. One of which being equally attractive as she is,” Stiles shifted.

“She’s with them?” Scott asked Stiles. “Those twins are in the Alpha Pack! And that girl… I recognize her.”

“No shit, Scott, Lana used to go here-”

“No, Stiles, not Lana. The other girl.”

Stiles look at Scott. "Wait, what? They just came to town like, a week ago, how can you recognize her?"

Lydia sighed as they stared at the group. "They better be family," she said before taking books out of her locker.

“You are obsessed!” Allison laughed at Lydia’s antics.

“I don’t like having new kids as competition for new kids,” Lydia informed Allison.

“The brunette, she was with the alphas at the hospital. She was with who Derek said was Deucalion.”

“Is she also an Alpha?” Stiles asked. “Because it would be a shame if she was, I mean she’s pretty hot and I would like it if she wasn’t literally physically capable of ripping out my throat.”

“I don’t think she is,” Scott pursed his lips, “but I have a feeling that she could still rip your throat out.”

Stiles glared at his friend. "Thanks Scotty, you really do see the brighter parts of people."

Allison glanced at Scott and Stiles. "It seems they're caught everyone's attention. I wonder why the other girl wasn't here yesterday?" she questioned.

Selene turned to Lana. "You were right about the boys," she laughed.

"Puberty seems to have done them all well," Lana smirked.

"I swear to god, if we have to hear this all day..." Aiden teasingly warned.

"Good point," Lydia leaned against the lockers, examining the group. She doesn't look familiar, either. At least I know that blonde girl isn't totally new."

"She's not?" Allison questioned. Lydia shook her head.

"Nope. I think her name starts with an L. She sure has grown up a lot since the last time I saw her. She wasn't unpopular but she wasn't popular, either," Lydia explained. "Now she and her new friends seem to have everyone's attention."

Selene smiled at Aiden and gave him a side hug. "Aw Aiden, embrace it, join it… You can't really do anything about it", she teased.

"There's something not right about them," Allison stated. "It's like a gut feeling, I don't trust them."

"To be honest, Aiden, if we weren't as good as family, you could get it," Lana teased him.
"I'm still interested," Lydia shrugged. "Although it is a little sketchy."

"True" Selene laughed, joining in on the teasing. "You've got someone else on your mind though," Selene winked at Lana.

"That I do," Lana shrugged.

"Oh?" Ethan smirked, wrapping an arm around Lana and leaning in towards her face. "Does my little Lana Banana have a crush?!"

"Jesus Christ, Ethan, you know I hate that nickname!" Lana laughed with Ethan and lightly shoved his face away from hers with her palm.

"Don't change the subject, Lana Banana!" Aiden chimed in.

"I will kill you in your sleep!" Lana snapped to him, a smile and gasp on her face simultaneously.

"Aw, they're just teasing you Lana Banana," Selene ruffled Lana’s hair. "Come on boys, leave little Lana alone."

"Do you all have a death wish?" Lana rolled her eyes.

Selene laughed. "Aw, sweetie!"

"That’s what I thought," Lana smirked.

Selene threw an arm around Lana. "Baddest bitches in Beacon Hills.”
♠ ♠ ♠
wow! a lot of love right away! thanks you guys! <3 -jess