Status: Active

Moonlight

chapter eight

It was raining heavily when Lana went to the woods that night to meet up with Isaac. When he arrived, they ran to each other, enveloping each other in a massive hug. They held each other close, enjoying the body heat since they were both getting drenched in the rain. “I drove tonight, my car is at the park,” Lana told him. “Want to get out of the rain?”

“That would be great,” Isaac laughed lightly. They each headed off, holding hands as they reached Lana’s car. “Don’t the cops patrol this place at night?”

“No,” Lana laughed. “I’ve come out here at night a few times and it was fine. They have other things to worry about right now, anyways.” Isaac and Lana opted for the backseat, so that way they could still hold each other. Isaac tossed the bag he brought along with him in the front seat as Lana leaned into Isaac, who wrapped an arm around her as she rested her head into his collarbone.

“Derek kicked me out tonight,” he revealed. Lana looked up at him, shocked.

“What happened?”

“He told me I had to get out tonight,” Isaac shook his head, “and he even resorted to throwing a glass at me to get me out of there. I think he’s just trying to protect me, though, so I don’t end up like Erica or that girl that saved me that night.”

“Are you okay?” Lana frowned. “If you need a place to stay, we can make it work.”

“We can’t,” he his bottom lip. “Not with Selene. She’d find out. I’m going to Scott’s later.”

“We could have just met up another time if now is bad.”

“No,” he corrected Lana, “because I wanted to see you.” Isaac kissed her, the two of them smiling into their kiss. “I don’t trust the alphas, though.”

“You have every right not to,” Lana responded.

“Do you trust them?” he asked. After a short pause, Lana nodded.

“Yes.”

“Do you trust me?” Isaac then tried. Lana had no hesitation as she nodded.

“With my life,” she smiled. “Do you trust me?”

“You know I do,” Isaac kissed Lana again. “But how do you know that these killings aren’t them?”

“Because if it was, I wouldn’t have been terrified last night and this morning,” Lana admitted. “I’m still terrified. Who knows what’s next?”

“I’m not going to let anything hurt you,” Isaac promised, “do you understand?”

“I know you won’t,” Lana beamed with a nod. They kissed again, this one just as passionate as the first one they shared but longer lasting and even going deeper. As they began to get heated, Lana gently moved one of Isaac’s hands up from her waist. He pulled away to speak.

“Are you sure this is okay?” he asked. Lana nodded, kissing Isaac again and continuing to guide his hands. She no longer had to as they slowly rid of their clothing, laying in the backseat of Lana’s car. She reached over for the lid of the storage compartment of the center console, pulling away from their kiss to grab something inside.

“Selene always keeps an emergency stash in both of our cars,” Lana grinned, handing Isaac a condom and getting back under him. Isaac laughed as he continued kissing Lana, remaining as gentle as possible as he could with Lana. They were both nervous, but comfortable enough with each other for those nerves to be put to ease.

When Lana got back to her apartment after dropping Isaac off at Scott’s, she saw Selene sitting on the couch. Selene looked over to her and observed that Lana was damp and her hair was a mess. Lana didn’t even bother trying to explain herself and headed straight for bed. The next morning, on their way to school, was when Selene brought it up considering Isaac’s scent still lingered in the car. “What is that smell?” Selene immediately noticed; Lana had forgotten that, as Deucalion’s daughter, Selene was a naturally born beta.

“Sex, Selene,” Lana admitted. “My car smells like sex.”

“Desperate ass virgin,” Selene rolled her eyes. “Not anymore, though, obviously.”

“I've known him since we were in the first grade, Selene, its not like I grabbed some random kid in the hallway and told him to bone me in the back seat of my car! I wasn't even expecting to either, it just kind of happened," Lana shrugged.

Selene smiled. “So you hooked up with Blue Eyes?”

“Yes,” Lana proudly grinned. “I did.”

“That’s my girl!” Selene laughed.

“I probably will again, so I’ll have to get a stronger air freshener,” Lana winked.

Selene eyed Lana, giving her a look before pointing at herself. “Beta means heightened senses.”

“I’ll be sure to light some candles next time we decide that the backseat is the place to go, alright?” Lana chuckled.

“So how was your first time?”

"He was really gentle," Lana recalled, the smile on her face growing. "It was his first time too, so we kinda just did our best to make it not sloppy and awkward and he was scared of hurting me. But it was sweet."

“I’m really happy for you, Lana. So does Blue Eyes have a real name, or am I gonna have to spend the rest of the day tracking down a scent?” Selene teased.

“If I tell you, you probably won’t be happy for me anymore,” Lana’s smile immediately faded.

“Oh, God,” Selene frowned. “You did it with Stiles, didn’t you?”

“What?!” Lana began cracking up. “Oh my God, no! I don’t think Stiles even has blue eyes.”

Selene sighed in relief. “Okay, okay I’m ready. Come on and tell!”

Lana parked her car in the school parking lot and then turned to look at Selene. "You have to promise me that you won't kill me, or him, or tell anyone."

“Oh, God… fine, yes, I promise. Now tell me!”

Lana took a deep breath, trying to keep her composure. She tried to speak but the words wouldn't come out right away. "It's... It's Isaac," she revealed, feeling the weight removed from her shoulders upon saying it but still feeling the anxiety. "Lahey. Isaac Lahey."

“The beta?!” Selene squeaked. She stared at Lana in complete shock. “That’s the guy you’ve been obsessing over for the last few months?!”

"Yes, the Beta!" Lana rested her head on the steering wheel. "Do you know how much courage it just took for me to tell you that? He and I have been through a lot of shit together, Selene, no one gets each other better than he and I do. When we were kids he'd come over at night and sneak out because I was so lonely in that house by myself, my parents were never around. And then his mom died and that’s when his dad started getting abusive and he came over not only to keep me company but to escape and I tried so hard to help him but no one would take me seriously, so I would just do my best to comfort him and he would comfort me. We know each other inside and out, Selene. I couldn't lie to you anymore, I felt so bad about it."

"Hey it's okay, it’s okay Lana. I'm not mad," Selene placed a hand on her shoulder. "I'm not mad at you; I know you’re in love with him and its okay, I get it... Plus I kinda saw it coming," Selene smiled lightly

Lana sighed in relief, grabbing her bag for school. "Promise you won't tell anyone?"

"I won't tell anyone, but Lana we might have a problem," Selene said, glancing at the back of the car. "His scent is still here."

"Shit," Lana muttered. "I might have some Febreeze in the trunk. We gotta head to class, though.”

Selene nodded as the two got out the car and headed to first period. "His scent isn't that noticeable," Selene told Lana, easing some of her nerves. "You might get away with it."

“We’ll just keep the twins out of there for a while,” Lana laughed. “I’ll be sure to take care of it before the battle tonight.”

Selene nodded. "You ready for tonight?"

Lana grinned. “Derek and Scott are gonna be shocked when he sees us. I can’t wait to see the looks on their faces.”

Selene laughed. "Damn straight. So wait, what about Isaac? Like what if he gets hurt?"

“I don’t know,” Lana frowned. “It’s a possibility. As long as he doesn’t die, there isn’t really much I can do. I’ll think of something. He isn’t even supposed to be there.”

Selene nodded. "Alright, let's just hope today goes by quick so we can get ready for tonight," she said as they headed into class.

The day seemed to drag on. Both Lana and Selene just wanted to fast-forward to that night, which is what made the day feel like it took a decade. When the final bell rang, the girls couldn’t have rushed to the car any faster. “Let the countdown begin,” Lana looked at the clock in the car. “Only a few more hours. Hopefully everything goes according to plan and Scott actually shows up alone.”

Selene scoffed. "I doubt it; you know Derek wants my father dead. They're going to show up, I know it."

“Of course they are,” Lana sighed. “But we all know that they’re weak fighters. It’ll be an easy fight.” When they reached the apartment, they focused on preparing themselves for the potential battle and then headed over to the abandoned mall. They joined Kali, Ennis, Aiden and Ethan in the shadows, as were Deucalion’s orders. Selene stood with Kali at the top of the platform nearest the escalator; from up there she could see both Lana and the twins as they all looked down at Scott and Isaac. Like she suspected, Derek had come. She gave Kali a nod as the alphas got ready to reveal themselves. Deucalion stood on the escalator leading to the second floor as Scott and Isaac entered. Deucalion informed Scott that he wasn’t alone, and Scott thought Deucalion meant Isaac. Scott was proven wrong when Derek entered. As Scott and Derek bantered about how no one needed to get killed, it was time for the alphas to reveal themselves. It wasn’t quite Selene and Lana’s time yet, though; Deucalion knew Cora and Boyd were here, too, and told them to wait until they showed up prior to the battle. Kali slid down a broken down column as Ennis came up the other escalator. The twins revealed themselves on the second floor.

After Boyd and Cora stepped out from the shadows, Selene and Lana knew it was their cue. Deucalion smirked. “Girls,” he spoke, “why don’t you come on out?” Lana set herself up in position, standing with her back facing the rest of the mall and the balls of her feet on the ledge of the second floor. Lana flipped herself, performing one complete flip with her arms extended in a sort of swan-dive body positioning. She bent her knees as she landed, turning to look at Derek’s pack and the alphas. She took a few steps forward as Selene entered the scene. Taking a deep breath, Selene took a few steps back so that she could have a running start before running straight off the second floor ledge and landed. She crouched on the escalator a few steps in front of Deucalion. Flipping her hair back, Selene stood up straight before letting out a protective growl, flashing her teeth and claws.

Derek, Scott, Boyd and Cora were shocked. Isaac already knew, but he acted surprised to keep Lana safe. “Selene?” Scott called out. “Lana Cross? You’re with him, too?” While Scott was already certain of Selene’s involvement with the alphas, he had been unsure of Lana, especially after she came to Isaac’s rescue at school yesterday. “Are both of you wolves?” Lana and Selene looked over to each other, a mischievous grin on both of their faces. “Since when does Deucalion have a daughter?” Scott asked Derek. Derek shrugged.

“I honestly had no idea,” Derek sighed.

"I'm no wolf, Scott," Lana smirked. "Surprise! I'm more like your little girlfriend," Lana shrugged, "put I pack more of a punch."

"You pack a hell of a punch," Selene smiled at Lana, who was slipping on a pair of brass knuckles. Selene looked at all the alphas before looking at Scott and Derek. "We all do."

Derek ran for Deucalion but Kali got to Derek first, kicking him in the head as Ethan and Aiden somersaulted down to the main floor. When they landed, they had merged into their giant alpha form. Lana was worried the moment she saw Isaac begin fighting them, but she knew she couldn’t worry about it. The twins kicked Isaac around with ease and did the same to Scott, throwing Scott into a wall. As Ennis fought Boyd, Cora approached Lana and Selene. Cora leaped at Lana first, thinking she would be the easier target, but underestimated her. Lana bobbed and weaved, dodging Cora’s attack as she swung and hit Cora’s jaw. Cora, woozy from Lana's punch, didn't have time to react as Selene roundhouse kicked her on the other side of the jaw, sending her to the ground. Lana laughed with Selene as Cora gave herself a moment to get herself together. “Come on, little girl,” Lana taunted her, “I know you can deliver more than that. You’re Talia’s daughter, you should be able to.” Cora growled at the mention of her mother and lunged again, pinning Lana but Lana was prepared for it. Lana maneuvered her body underneath Cora’s in order to perform a kip-up, bringing Lana back to her feet while kicking Cora off of her. As Lana kicked Cora off of her, Selene grabbed Cora by the throat and threw her into Boyd. Selene smirked, claws ready as Cora lunged at her, dodging Cora's claws Selene slashed up Cora's arm and shoulder blade before pushing her to Lana. As Cora was thrown towards Lana, Lana stepped back, ran forward and flew a kick into Cora’s stomach, the momentum being enough to throw Cora to the ground near unconsciousness. Boyd, who had just gotten out of a fight with Ennis, recuperated quickly and roared. He began running at Selene.

"Alright big guy," Selene said, cracking her neck before running at Boyd herself and tackling him to the ground, hard. Selene clawed deeply at Boyd's chest before he roughly threw her off of him. As Boyd ran for Lana, she found the nearest wall she could run up. She headed for it, climbing up and grabbing a hold of the ledge, climbing up on to the second floor. She remained crouched and ready to jump, Boyd turning to run for the stairs but as he turned, Lana jumped down and sat herself on Boyd’s shoulders. She wrapped her legs around his neck so he couldn’t move his head and pummeled his skull with her brass knuckles.

“Selene!” Lana called to Selene as she stabilized Boyd, having him under her control. He tried throwing her off, but her legs were wrapped around his neck too tightly for him to shake her off that easily.

Selene flipped herself off the ground and ran at Boyd. "Lana get down!" Selene called out to her, giving Lana some warning. Lana jumped off of Boyd and rolled out of the way before standing back up. Selene then slashed Boyd across the face and threw him into the wall that Lana had climbed. "Ennis!" Selene called out before grabbing Boyd by his shirt and throwing him over to where Ennis and Kali were. Ennis had then taken Boyd down as Kali held Cora down with her foot on Cora’s throat. Lana looked over to see Scott and Isaac on their knees and mostly unharmed. It was then that Deucalion spoke, telling Derek that it was time to take the first step. Kali mocked Derek, considering he was nothing more than an alpha to a couple of useless teenagers, and she gave Derek and ultimatum: pack or family. Just then, an arrow was fired, hitting the twins and causing them to separate. More flashbang arrows fired, Deucalion yelling at his pack, his daughter and Lana to cover their eyes as the arrows continued to rain down on the mall. Lana, who knew she could be killed if she was hit by an arrow, immediately searched for a place of cover and narrowly dodged as she crouched behind the escalator Deucalion was previously standing on. Knowing her father’s past, Selene quickly made it over to escalator where Deucalion was while trying to dodge the arrows as best as she could. Once there, she crouched down next to Deucalion as they both avoided the arrows. As the arrows ceased fire, Scott ran to Ennis and the two attacked each other. They both fell back, and before they could go at it again, Derek ran up to Ennis from behind and the two fought. Lana noticed Scott’s eyes flash red before he shook his head, his eyes then returning to yellow. As Ennis and Derek fought, they got closer to the other escalator. Scott ran to Derek’s aid and clawed at Ennis’ leg. This got Ennis’ attention and as he turned to look at Scott, Ennis fell over the ledge and dragged Derek down with him.
♠ ♠ ♠
sorry about the wait for the update! i'm super busy with sorority recruitment but i'll be trying my best for the next two weeks! xo -jess