Status: Finished

Scream for Me Baby, Just Like She Did.

Fourteen

The next morning Kayden woke up feeling worse than she had in a while. She stretched out her arms and legs before rolling over to her side, pulling the pillow close to her head, nuzzling her face against the soft fabric of the pillow case. A sigh passed her lips as she opened her eyes, taking in the dim lighting that lit the bedroom that she and Loki had shared.

Kayden licked over her lips as she sat up throwing the blanket off her body, which was naked from the night before. She had given herself to Loki that night, they explored each other’s bodies and had made love under the silken sheets of the bed before holding each other the falling into a deep sleep, or at least she had thought they did.

Loki wasn’t in the room, in fact she felt like he wasn’t anywhere near. The overwhelming feeling of dread flooded her as she stood up, she didn’t know if she was the only one in the house or if Loki’s friend was in the house with her and she hoped with her life that she was the only one in the house.

She chewed on her bottom lip as she gathered their dirty clothing from the floor and put it in a basket in the closet where she had hoped she would find something comfortable to wear. Kayden ran her hands over her face and pushed her hair away from her eyes as she looked through the clothing, feeling the fabrics and looking at whatever designs that shown on the clothing.

After a few moments passed, she finally picked something to wear. Loki stocked the closet full of clothing that she could wear, which she thought was nice of him to do, even if he kidnapped her and marked her, as he would say. As soon as she pulled on the dress she picked out, her mind flooded with thoughts of her mother.

A loud sob ripped through her chest as she collapsed on the floor of the closet dragging clothing off their hangers along with her, tears pooled in her eyes as she pulled a shirt to her face to muffle the sobs that tore through her core. She couldn’t believe the things that have passed in the few months, few mother dying, being kidnapped, and now these feelings she was feeling toward Loki.

What the hell is wrong with me?
Why am I still here? What am I doing!?
I need to get out!

The thoughts flooded harshly and pulled her back into reality, she stood up, pushing the clothes to the side and went to the door of the bedroom pulling out the handle to reveal what looked to be a living room. Couches and chairs sat in places in the room a table and book shelves decorated with books and papers stood against the far wall from the door. Kayden looked side to side before stepping out of the room and quietly shutting the door behind her, hoping to not make any noise as she tried to find the door to exit this life she had been living the past few months.

She wondered what he step father was doing and how her brother took the news of their mother and then her going missing. She just hoped someone was still looking for her, and she could go home soon, this life she was living was something of a nightmare but there was something underneath is, something that blossomed from this. Why had this happened to her? Was it because she was pretty?

She continued to look, she hadn’t been out of the bedroom much unless Loki was with her, and even then this room seemed very unfamiliar, she didn’t know where to go or how to leave. She took in a deep breath as she stepped timidly along the floor, slowly grasping each doorknob and pushing to reveal each room that connected to the living area.

She swallowed her fear with each door, soon the rooms seemed never-ending, or they would lead to dead ends, why was this place such a maze? An eerie feeling crept over Kayden’s shoulders and hugged her tight as she opened the last door, she could see what looked to be moonlight shining in from somewhere down the hall way.

She looked back one last time and licked over her lips.
Would I be able to leave this place?

She kept questioning herself as she moved quietly down the hallway and to the source of light. Her hands pressed against the wall, which was cold to her skin and made her feel uneasy. She closed her eyes for a moment, just then a noise echoed down the hallway, causing Kayden to let out a soft gasp, she looked around for the source of the sound.

Panic flushed her body quickly as a sickly feeling filled her gut, the sound echoed again, bouncing off the walls and assaulting her ears. She was frightened, had she been caught or did she unbalance something in her search? She didn’t know, and she wasn’t going back to find out. She pushed forward down the hall, trying to keep her breathing steady as she finally reached the source of light.

She had been right it was a way out! She was relieved when the door came into view, on the very top of the door there was a half circle window that had allowed light to shine through. Boy was she happy. Soon the happiness wore off as the sound echoed once more, this time closer, her eyes widened as she turned the knob and pushed outward, revealing the outside world. She threw herself out the door and ran. Ran as fast as she could. She had no clue where she was but she knew she needed to find a road, roads led to towns… right?

She was barefoot and in a dress running through the woods, her hands somewhat in front of her as a shield from the wiping branches that hung low, the sounds of twigs snapping and leaves crumbling as her feet stepped against them filling her ears. Soon she slowed to a stop looking back behind her slightly to check and see if anyone was behind her. She leaned forward placing her hands on her knees, catching her breath as she listened to her surroundings.

Crack!

Kayden’s eyes widened but she didn’t look, she could feel the presence of something near her, and she didn’t like it at all. She felt as if she were about throw up from the fear that made home in her body. Kayden clenched her fists and drew in a quick breath before finally turning her head and seeing the thing that caused the presence.

Kayden gasped as her eyes fell upon what caused all that fear, and it was a dog. A stupid dog! She cursed herself for being such a pansy and thinking that it would have been Loki or Teegan even! She let out a laugh and calmed down some as she moved toward the dog.

“Hey buddy, you scared me.” she gave a small smile and reached her hand out to pet the dog. Before she could reach the dog it darted off as if it were scared but Kayden didn't think nothing of it as she withdrew her hand and pulled at the fabric of the dress lightly.

She turned to the side and moved close to a tree, surely she was away from the house enough to rest. She leaned back against a tree before sliding down and pulling her hair back out of her face. Before she knew what was happening, she felt a pain on the top of her head and everything went black.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hi guys! to those who stayed subscribed, I'm sorry its been a year, but life got in the way.. but I hope you guys understand. :) I might be alittle rusty and I'm sorry if I am but hey, what can I say?