Status: One-shot

A Part of Me

A Part of Me

Alex's head shot up as he felt a warm hand across his. "Sorry, I was just thinking..." he trailed off. Jack laughed.
"Stop thinking so much, let's do something fun."
"I'd rather just sit here and watch another movie." Alex replied.
"Oh come on, Alex. We've been watching movies all day, let's go for a walk or something." Jack insisted. Alex just shook his head, standing up.
"Want anything to eat?" he asked Jack.
"Could you get me a soda?" Jack said, looking up. Alex nodded and walked towards the fridge. He quickly found himself lost in thought again, reaching his hand in his pocket and feeling the small box still sitting there.
Him and Jack had been together for almost five years, and he was positive he was in love with Jack. He loved everything about the dark-haired man, from his immature nature, to his secret sweet side. He loved the way Jack would smile lopsidedly whenever Alex complimented him and how his cheeks would become a shade of red. He loved the way he laughed at all of Alex's dumb jokes, even ones that Alex himself didn't even find funny. He loved the way Jack accepted him no matter what, and he would always kiss him on the cheek and tell him that he loved him when Alex was sad. He could always bring a smile to his face.
Even with all of that reassurance that Jack wouldn't reject him, he still didn't know the proper time to ask. The small box felt like it was burning a hole in his pocket, itching for him to just take it out and ask Jack the important question.
"So, how bout that soda, Alex?" Jack called from the couch, shaking Alex from his thoughts. He pulled out a random soda from the fridge and walked back to the living room, sitting right next to Jack and handing him the beverage.
"Uh...Jack...I was thinking..." Alex started, looking at the ground and playing with his hands nervously. Jack laughed.
"Spit it out, Alex!" he exclaimed, grinning as he punched the older boy on the shoulder.
"Well, you know how much I love you, right? I couldn't imagine being without you. I love everything about you. Your smile, your laugh, your stupid dick jokes, the way you blush when I compliment you. Every single thing. I love you so much, Jack. I want us to be together forever." Alex pulled the small box out of his pocket and opened it to reveal a simple silver ring with the words 'I love you." carved onto the front. It was cheesy, and Alex knew that Jack would probably give him shit for it, but he wasn't really the best at romantic gestures. "I...uh...will you marry-" Alex felt a hand shake him awake.
"Hey, Alex, you shouldn't sleep in this late," Rian said with a small frown. "I was thinking...we should visit Jack today." Alex looked up at Rian, getting out of bed.
"Sure, Rian. Jack will be super happy to see us, we haven't visited him in a few weeks." Alex replied.
"Alright, go get ready," Rian said, going downstairs to wait. Alex quickly pulled on random clothes from his closet and followed Rian to the car.
Within ten minutes, they had arrived, and Alex got out of the car, a chill wind making his face sting.
"It's fucking freezing out, dude," Alex said, pulling his jacket tighter around him. He followed Rian through a small metal gate and closed it behind them. They both came to a stop and Alex smiled.
"Hey Jacky, I'm sorry we haven't visited in a while..." Alex began. "I've missed you so much. I was thinking...I love you so much Jack," Alex recited the whole speech he had practiced earlier. "You're absolutely perfect...will you marry me?" Alex got down on one knee and opened the tiny box in his hand. "I know you can't answer, but..." Alex set the ring down on the ground, his fingers twirling the grass as he set the ring down gently. He looked up sadly at Rian, who wiped his eyes and tried not to let Alex see his tears.

Jack Bassam Barakat
June 18, 1988 - September 7, 2013
Beloved brother, son, and boyfriend.
Forever remembered as the boy who could make anyone smile.

Alex ran his hand softly over the stone, his hand resting above Jack's name.
"I'll take that as a yes, Jacky. We'll be together forever, I promise."
♠ ♠ ♠
so this was just a simple short little one shot i randomly decided to do, don't forget to comment <3