Coffee Shop Soundtrack

Tony's Turtle

Finishing setting out the merch was tiring. I'm not the only merch 'guy', Oliver is pretty nice but kinda quiet. He's also kinda hardcore, black sweepy hair thats really long, all black clothing and piercings.
I'm not gonna judge, he's a pretty nice guy.
"So for your first day you have done a pretty decent job" Oliver said to me unpacking his last box.
"Thanks, a little nervous though, kinda don't like crowds"
"You don't go to gigs?" he asked, giving me a weird look.
"Oh yeah i do all the time, but it's different when they are all staring at you demanding merch" I laughed.
"Yeah i guess so, anyways, we've got like a half hour till doors even open and looks like we are all done here, so you can chill round the back i guess and i'll se you in a bit"
I left Oliver just tiding things up and went round the back to find Tony. I found him in the dressing room with the other guys. He was just chillin on a massive couch spread across the back wall.
"Syd, hey babe come over here" Tony sat up and held out his arms. I went over and sat on his lap spreading my feet along the couch.
"Hey" I replied looking at him,as I looked away he gently pulled my chin to face him and kissed me, soflty. Some nuce reassurance before my first day on the job. He put his arm around my waist and i held it with my other hand and snuggled my head into his shoulder and he kissed my head. He smelt so good and it was perfect lying here like this, if i was to get stuck this way, I wouldn't at all mind. I laid there with him the duration of the half hour i had left, kissed him goodbye and wished him luck and went back to meet Oliver at the merch stand.
"Ready?" He asked smiling.
"Let's do this!" I hi-fived him and watched as security opened up the doors to way over 500 people who had waited in line for what must have been hours and to think if i had got the night off, and was standing there with them guys, I wouldn't be standing here asa Pierce The Veil's merch guy and most importantly I wouldn't be standing here as Tony Perry's girlfriend.
I watched as everyone filed in getting their place in the front row and by the time the last of the people had made thier way in we had already sold a load of merch. Then the lights dimmed and there was screaming coming from all angles of the room and the support band, who i didn't actually know stepped out, they were pretty good, considering i don't really care for bands live that i hadn't heard of.
At the end of thier 45 minute set thier frontman asked the crowd "Are you ready for Pierce The Veil?!" resulting in another case of deafening screams. Once the support band had left the stage, there was about a fifteen minute wait before Pierce The Veil ran out on stage, getting straight into may these noises startle you in your sleep tonight. When the line 'this is the streetyouth rising was sung confetti cannons went off covering the crowd in green and sparkly confetti. I watched in awe, they are amazing at what they do all of them.
Oliver come up behind me and made me jump, "Go and watch the show!" He shouted in my ear. "Nobody's going to come and buy merch while they are playing, i can handle it!" He gave me a gentle shove in the direction of back stage and i mouthed 'thank you' at him as i left. I held up my access all area's pass and they let me through to the side of the stage. The exact side where Tony was. He caught a glimpse of me and winked adn i did the same.
I watched them play all the classics like bulletproof love, hell above, a match into water, besitos but Vic gave a speech just before Hold On Till May about being bullied, self harm and dealing with life in general, Vic looked around at the other members of the band and they all nodded in turn.
"You guys are the reason we write the music, but before we play hold on till may, i just want to welcome someone really special to the stage, she's super talented, loves the band and well i'll let Tony finish up" Vic moved aside for Tony to grab the mic stand.
"Yeah this person is very special to me..." I started to feel very sick..
"My turtle and I hope you guys love her as much as I do, Sydney come on up here" ttony walked to the edge of the stage and held out his hand. I felt like vomiting, the butterflies in my stomach are going crazy.
"Welcome Sydney everybody" Vic yelled into the mic over the screams and grabbed a guitar and strapped it onto me and nodded.
"We know you know this let's go" I started playing the riff, thank god Vic was playing too, cause i'm so nervous i'm going to muck up for sure.
Vic started singing and it was beautifull but all so crazy at the same time, the crowd singing along to everyword kind of made me fell at ease and i started to relax more and playing became easier and then Vic sung 'and then she said..' and looked at me and and then i walked up to the mike and sung the female vocals for the song and it felt so good! Then when the song was done everyone cheered and Tony walked across the stage to me and kissed me, in front ot the crowd, it was long and sweet and made me want him more. I walked of the stage as the show was coming to an end and walked back to the merch stand.
Oliver greeted me with a grin. "Ahh so that's why you're merch girl eh?" he laughed. "You have a nice voice though"
"Thanks"
I watched the last few songs from the back and of course the encore, which could be nothing other than king for a day.