Price of Evil

I

"I still remember that night, clear as anything, as if it happened yesterday. The cool brisk air blowing against our faces, the pumpkins lining the streets with their ghoulish grins. The tires skidding to a halt, slamming us forward only to be caught seconds later by our seat belts. That night has been burned into all our memories, and it wasn't going anywhere."

~Last year: Halloween~

I stumbled around the crowded room, trying to avoid being bumped by people dancing. My cup of alcohol was dangerously tittering in my hand as I scurried around the corner and into the hallway.

"Fuck, this is one crazy ass party!" I spun around, seeing Johnny standing there. His zombie costume was amazing this year, and he dopily grinned at me, obviously as drunk as I was.

"Yeah, it is!" I shouted over the music. Seeing him sway back and forth just standing still, I knew he'd maybe had a little too much to drink. "Johnny, where's M?" I asked.

"Um...She went to the kitchen to drown her sorrows." He frowned, but it quickly faded when a girl in a low-cut shirt passed by.

Shaking my head, I turned back around and made my way to the kitchen. Red plastic cups littered the counters and there were a few people making out in the darkened corners. Boy, did I miss these parties!

As I walked around the kitchen, I finally saw midge. She was sitting in her deranged Dorothy costume, which was covered in blood. I swear Midge, Charlotte and I were the only ones that weren't dressed like sluts. It's Halloween, people! We're suppose to be scary, not slutty!

"Midge, are you ok?" I plopped down onto the stool next to her. When she didn't answer me right away, I turned to look at her, seeing her eyes fixed on the other room.

Slowly following her gaze, I saw Zacky making out with some slutty girl dressed in a tight cat suit. Letting out an annoyed groan, I focused back on Midge.

"Why do you do this to yourself?" I turned her chair so she was looking at me, and not Zack.

"Do what?" She asked, taking a huge gulp of the mysterious substance in her red cup.

"Never mind" I shook my head, knowing this was a futile topic.

Her head turned back looking into the room that Zacky was in. When he noticed her watching him, he smirked and kissed the girl again. He is such an ass.

"He didn't even dress up." She finally mumbled.

"Didn't you hear? He dressed up as a rockstar." I rolled my eyes, making my sarcasm obvious, 'cause that was the stupid excuse he gave me earlier. "Come on let's go, Zack's driving us home and he's already buzzed."

Agreeing with me, we both started towards the living room. Trying to go get Zacky. Half way there we were stopped, when a body came flying out at us.

"Where are you two sexy ladies going?" Looking up we both laughed seeing Matt, with a fake axe sticking out of his head. Fake blood smearing his forehead and shirt, trying to get the realistic look.

"To get Zacky. We're leaving." I smiled and gently pushed his shoulder.

"I bet your dying to leave, Matty. Don't you have a splitting headache?" Midge joked pointing to the axe.

"Well at least my ribs are inside my body." Matt pointed to the ribs sticking out of her blue dress.

"Point taken, Matty." She laughed, and he quickly enveloped her in his strong arms, giving her one of his famous hugs. "Well, you two go find Zacky, I'll head head to the car." She said, as Matt carefully dropped her to the ground, and we nodded.

Matt and I slowly made our way through the house as Midge started towards the front door. We managed to pick up Jimmy, Charlotte and Brian along the way. Now that Midge was outside Johnny was probably the shortest one in here, and he was proving to be fucking hard to find..

"This party was unbelievable!" Brian shouted, as we opened the front door and let ourselves out. His words slightly slurred.

It had gotten quite cold since we went in, and our breath became visible as we started towards the car.

"Our costumes were pretty awesome too, you know" Charlotte quickly took her top hat off, running her hand through her hair. Her version of Slash was pretty impressive to say the least.

"Babe, you were suppose to be my Mrs. Frankenstein this year." Brian pouted slightly, wrapping his tattooed arm around her shoulder.

"Yeah right, Bri." She chuckled and quickly hugged him.

As we stopped at where Midge was leant against the car, all of us were shuffling our feet slightly, trying to keep ourselves warm. The weather sure did change drastically tonight.

Soon enough Matt was dragging both Zacky and Johnny out of the house. They didn't look happy as per expected, but we were suppose to be back to Midge's house by two thirty and it was already three.

"Thanks a lot, assholes! The party was just getting good." Zacky hissed, stepping around the car and quickly shoving himself in the drivers seat.

"Oh, stop pouting, Zacky, it's not the end of the world." I rolled my eyes. Zacky is so melodramatic sometimes.

Turning around, he flipped me off, which earnt him a slap upside the head from Matt.

"Oh just buckle up, so I can get to M's house and pass out." He spat, turning on the engine.

Brian, Charlotte and Jimmy piled into the back. Matt, Johnny and I sat in the middle. Poor M had to ride up front with Zacky.

The car ride was silent most of the way. I had my fingers laced with Matt's as I stared out the window. His thumb gently rubbing circles into my skin. The pumpkins people had lining their yards was the only source of light, making the night hold a creepy atmosphere.

Looking behind me, Charlotte was making out with Brian, which was making Jimmy squeeze as close against the window as he could. I'm sure if he wasn't as drunk as he was he would have been trying to barge in on that action.

"Turn it down, Zacky." Midge quietly yelled, making my attention focus on them. Her hand went to the volume dial, but he quickly slapped it away.

"Don't you dare touch that, M. It's my car, my rules" He took his eyes off the road to glare at Midge.

"Watch the fucking road Zack! Before you get us killed!" Midge mirrored his glare, though her voice wasn't as strong. She could never be too mad at Zacky, and I think he intimidated her in some ways.

I sat up a bit, squeezing Matt's hand. Zacky was driving extremely fast... Almost too fast for me to be comfortable with.

"Oh, I'm not going to get us killed, Midge!" He rolled his eyes, focusing on the road again. "You're just trying to pick a fight with me."

"What?" Midge exclaimed. "I'm not picking a fight with you, Zacky! Why would I do that? I have no fucking reason to fight with you!"

"Because you're jealous." He smirked, shrugging.

"Zack, cool it." Matt warned from beside me.

"No, she's jealous. Aren't you, Tiny?" Zacky smiled maliciously.

"Zack watch the fucking road!" Midge shouted, ignoring his accusation of her being jealous. By this point, most of us were sat up straight, watching trees go flying past us.

"Nope." Zacky grinned as he started to swerve the car back and forth, acting like he was driving the only car in the world.

"Dude, come on. It isn't funny anymore." Jimmy shouted, his voice full of worry.

"Whatever." Zacky sighed, straightening the car out as he pulled around a bend in the road.

In an instance, there was a large black object in the road. The squeal of the tires made me think Zacky slammed on the breaks.

With a large bang, what ever we hit flew up and over the roof of the car. Cracking the windshield in the process. As the car finally came to a stop, we all let out a scream and shot forward, only to be pulled back immediately by our seatbelts.

The car was uncomfortably quiet for what seemed like forever. No one moved, or said anything. We just sat there staring at each other, in utter shock.

"Holy fuck." I finally broke the silence. "What the fuck did we just hit?" I tried gazing out the window, but it was too dark to see.

"Probably a bear or something." Johnny nervously looked between us all. Saying something positive.

Undoing my buckle, I quickly pulled open the door, stepping out.

"Linds, stay in the car." Matt yelled, as he frantically tried to undo his buckle and grab hold of my arm.

Ignoring him, I shrugged his hand off and slowly crept my way to the back of the car. This felt like I was in a horror movie and I did not like it one bit. For as many as I watched, all situation like this never ended very well.

My eyes widened and my mouth dropped open, as I started screaming. In the red light from the car's break lights, a body of a man lay bloody and torn up on the gravel. His eyes were wide open as he laid there dead, in a growing pool of blood.

"Linds, what is it?" Matt finally rushed out, but his voice trailed off when he saw the body.

"Oh fuck! Oh fuck, what are we going to do?" Johnny paced back and forth on the other side of the car. His hands covering his face.

"We're going to go to jail, that's what!" I frantically said, turning to hide my face against Matt's chest. His arms instantly engulfing me, trying his best to protect me.

"Get in the fucking car!" Zacky finally ordered. I did even know he got out of the car.

When I didn't move, he began shouting again.

"Get in the car, Lindsey. Right now!" He yelled louder.

"Don't fucking yell at my girlfriend!" Matt snapped, pushing me towards the car. "You have no right Zacky."

"What, you're just going to leave him there?" Charlotte whispered, shaking with shock and fear. "You can't do that!"

"I'm not going to jail." Zacky spat. Pushing me into the car, followed by Matt. Getting us out of his way. "Brian, come help me"

Without saying anything, Brian released his hold on Charles and crawled over us and out of the car.

"What are they doing?" Midge stared in shock, as we watched both of them pick up the bloodied man and carry him off into the woods. Where they were just going to throw him in the dirt, leaving him to rot.

I knew this was wrong but what could I do? Zacky was one of my best friends... Not to mention we'd all probably get arrested.

My stomach was churning and I felt like I was going to be sick. This cant be happening, it must be a dream.

Frantically looking around, I spotted the guys running towards us. By the looks of Brian's face, I was assuming he felt just as sick as I did.

Brian quickly slid in, grabbing hold of Charles again, obviously looking for some form of comfort, while Zacky threw himself in the drivers seat and revved the engine.

With one final squeal of the tire, Zack pulled away from where we'd just killed that man.

We killed him.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hope you enjoyed the first part, I'll be posting the others later tonight! Special thanks to my friend M!