Price of Evil

II

Halloween: One year later

I silently looked out my bedroom window, watching as children ran from house to house. Their costumes flowing in the wind as they barged their way up people porches towards their doors. Awaiting the moment when candy would be dropped in their bags.

An eerie mist settling along my street, something that I found quiet unusual but the kids outside were enjoying it. As they popped in and out, scaring their friends.

Halloween for me would never be the same though. It wasn't just for myself, but it was for all my friends. Well except Zacky maybe. He didn't even seemed that bother by what happened.

"Babe you ok?" Hearing Matt's voice, I slowly pulled my attention off the window. My eyes landing on his muscular body standing in the doorway to my room. A towel hung around his hips.

"Yeah." I plainly stated. Keeping my words to a minimum, because Matt knows when I'm lying. We've been together too long, not for us to know that.

"Don't lie to me Linds." Matt silently made his way towards me. One hand holding his towel so I wouldn't slip off him as he sat down. "I know something's bothering you." His other hand came up and gently tilted my head in his direction. So my amber eyes met his hazel ones.

Concern riddled his face as he gazed down at me. His thumb gently rubbing circles into the skin of my cheek. Causing me to exhale a deep sigh. I should have known better then to lie to him.

"I'm... I'm just not interested in doing anything tonight." I drew out and placed my hands in my lap. Intertwining my fingers together. "Halloween... It's just not the fucking same Matt."

"I know babe." Matt sighed, pulling his hand away from me and running it through his freshly showered hair. "But please don't bring this up when the others get here. Zacky is already in a pissy mood when I talked to him today." His voice was almost a plea, so I just nodded my head.

Zacky was alway in a pissy mood, it was like someone shoved a stick up his ass and forgot to take it out. He made our lives a living hell, and none of us could get him to tell us what his problem was. For fucks sake, I was his best friend and in the last year I've barely been able to be in the same room as him, let alone have an adult conversation. One that didn't consist of swear words and incoherent rambling.

"Yeah, don't want to start anything. I'm not in the mood to deal with him." I shook my head and let my back fall and hit the mattress.

My hands contorting behind my head holding it up so I could watch Matt. He had removed his towel and was wandering my room looking for the spare clothes he kept here.

"You know who I'm not in the mood for tonight?" He asked, turning his head in my direction. Causing the muscles in his back to flex. "Your parents. I'm pretty sure they fucking hate me." He chuckled and turned the rest of his body so I could see him in his full glory.

I just rolled my eyes and dropped my head against the comforter. I'm pretty sure my cheeks were a deep shade of red, making Matt laugh harder.

"Boy I wonder why?" I sarcastically added. "You're naked in their daughters room."

"Oh you love every second." His deep voice laughed from across the room. But in almost an instance he was hovering over my body.

His chest pressed against mine, as his lips found mine possessively. Thankfully he had put pants on, but I broke and let my hands slide up to his broad shoulders. Allowing myself to deepen our kiss. He seemed pleased because a low growl left his lips when he pulled away and buried himself in the crook of my neck. Finding my most sensitive spot in record time.

Just as I was getting in the mood, the door bell sounded out. But Matt ignored it an continued sucking on the skin of my neck. I protested silently, but his hands roamed my sides making my protests nothing more than moans of pleasure.

Closing my eyes, I heard the doorbell sound out three more times. Someone impatiently pushing the button so the song drowned on in annoyance.

"Matt, its the guys." With all my will power I shoved him off and onto his back beside me.

"Fucking cock blocks." He mumbled, clearly pissed off. "What am I suppose to do with this Linds?" He asked, pointing down to the bulge in his jeans.

"Fix yourself." I cockily shrugged before talking off out of the room. My feet thudding down the wooden stairs, until I reached the door.

Boy was I going to be in trouble tonight, especially if Matt gets me alone. He never liked being left hanging like that.

Looking through the etched glass of the front door, I could see that everyone was there. Jimmy's tall lanky figure bouncing around anxiously, probably annoying the crap out of them. So I quickly straightened my clothes along with smoothing my hair out and pulled a smile on my face as I opened the door to greet them.

“Hey, guys.” I said plainly.

“Hey!” Brian, Charlotte, M, Johnny, Zacky and Jimmy all replied at the same time.

Stepping aside, I motioned for my friends to come in. Not wanting them to wait any longer then they already have.

One by one, they all entered the house, Jimmy being the last one to come in. He was holding a large, wooden object of some sort, but all I could tell was that it was rectangular-shaped.

“What’s that?” I asked him, nodding towards the object in his hand. "Please tell me you didn't bring candy land again." I hopped, because last time he showed up with a game. We all ended up turning candy land into strip candy land.

Realising that I’d spoken, Charles looked up and sighed, rolling her eyes.

“I’m sorry Linds,I told him not to bring it.” She apologized. “But, of course, he insisted. He always fucking insists.”

“What is it?” I repeated, even more intrigued now.

“It’s a Ouija board!” Jimmy proudly announced, turning it round so that I could see the black prints on the front. But as always he held it upside down, so I tilted my head to read the backwards letter. “You know, what they use to contact the dead!"

“Right?” I scrunched my nose up.

“We’re gonna use it and try and pick up on some spirits! Maybe the ghost of your grandma Linds.” Johnny pitched in. “We figured, you know, because it’s Halloween and everything, tonight would be the perfect night to do it. Cool, huh?”

“Whatever." I sighed, knowing it's be futile to put up a fuss. I was talking with six foot children for crying out loud.

"Fuck yes! I thought you wouldn't go for it." Johnny shouted and I just shook my head and slammed the door.

"What wouldn't she go for?" Matt asked as he sauntered down the stares. Tucking in his shirt with a look that probably would kill if it could. His eyes landing on me, as I heard the double meaning to his question.

"Jimmy brought a Ouija board, he wants to talk with my dead grandma." I rolled my eyes as Matt's hands enclosed my waist.

"Shit sounds pretty cool. Where'd you even get it Jimbo?" He asked as he pulled me into the living room with the others.

My eyes landing on M, and Charles as they set pillows around the coffee table. Trying to make this experience as pleasant as possible.

“In my basement.” Jimmy proudly replied. “It was my grandma’s. She was into that kind of stuff. Such a crazy old lady." He laughed and ran off to where Midge and the guys here getting ready.

Even though I didn't protest, I didn't want to do this. I saw those ghost hunting shows before. People open up doors and fuck with shit they shouldn't, and I didn't want to press my unbelievable bad luck as it is.

"It's gonna be fine." Matt whispered, pulling me closer to him. "Nothing's going to happen." He smiled and kissed my cheek lightly.

I wish he was right, but I couldn't shake the eerie feeling that something bad was going to happen tonight.