Love Is Strange

V

Finding a bit more confidence in myself, I followed Johnny's instructions almost perfectly the whole afternoon. My sister and I had a blast, laughing at our mistakes, but still enjoying ourselves. We were willing to learn, and I knew that I was going to become a whole different person now that I knew Johnny liked me.

After an hour of dancing, Johnny took a break, and we all decided to sit on the ground and talk. My sister asked if she could put on an album; Johnny agreed. He then looked at me, almost asking for approval. I nodded, smiling. I hadn't had this much fun in years. Everything was just so perfect at this moment.

Anna-Francine had put on a Beatles album, and she was dancing to it. My sister had always been the more graceful one. She had been in ballet since she was four, and gymnastics since she was seven. As for me, I was more interested in the science fairs and photography contests. Nevertheless, my sister and I always coexisted so well together.

Even though, she was always the white to my black. Her, a shining star, and me...well, I was like the dark side of the moon. Invisible and unseen. My sister was so popular, and she had all the boys wrapped around her finger.

"So...Jolie, what would you like to do today?" Johnny asked, nudging me softly with his elbow.

"I...uh...well, this was really fun. Is there any other activities here that would interest me?" I asked, batting my eyelashes like I had seen my sister do a thousand times before.

Johnny smirked, and thought. Then he seemed to know exactly what we could do...

♡♡♡


...Hiking in the Catskill Mountains was my last guess for what Johnny had in mind. He didn't really seem like that type of guy, but I guess you should never judge a book by its cover. Anna-Francine decided not to come with us, and that just made me so much more nervous than when we were dancing.

Throughout the hike, Johnny and I spoke a little about ourselves, and we did find out that we had plenty in common. He then asked me if I would accompany him to dinner tonight at the local restaurant in the neighboring town. Blushing, I told him I would.

We then made it back to Kellerman's, and I told him I would meet him in the front lobby around five o'clock. He agreed, and kissed me hastily on the lips. I could feel the heat rising in my cheeks, and I quickly turned and walked away.

My wish had come true, of course. I had met the guy of my dreams at the resort. Too bad I was almost too shy to make a move on this guy. Even so, I think I may have almost lost him to my younger sister.

Once I got the cabin, I took a shower, and took a great deal of time to get ready. Anna-Francine helped me pick out an outfit. It was a simple, black cocktail dress, but it brought out my curves very well. Even if I looked great, I felt so nervous...